Sign in to follow this  
Jewish-Freak

Lost Brothers IDF Units Ver 1.6 RELEASED

Sorry, but I have to agree. The textures need more work. They look, hmm...hard to describe...bright? Every time I look at them I keep thinking of Fruit Loops or Fruity Pebbles cereal.

Would be neat to get some help from Gnat and see about adding some of the effects like he has in his Sukhoi Su-33 video--i.e., Afterburner, sonic boom and vapour FX, etc. Might cause a delay in release, but if it makes it that much better, I say go for it. smile_o.gif

By the way, do you think down the road you could look into maybe adding the recoil animation for the tank canon? Maybe get in touch with the team that did the great M1's, could even see about allowing custom markings (company formation markings I mean, for any squads out there that wish to make sole use of the IDF addons).

Just some ideas, I don't mean to make any more work for you guys and don't want to come off as some rude jackass that isn't satisfied with all your teams hard work. I've been thinking about some things and wanted to put them out there. smile_o.gif

Every time I look at them I keep thinking of Fruit Loops or Fruity Pebbles cereal.

I wish that I could texture. If I could, I would make a Toucan Sam roundel for the F16.

LOL, that would be pretty funny. "Just follow your nose!" tounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Thank you so much for the Mig-21! I just can't have enough play-time with this new toy! It is much more appropiate fighter for SLA army. Any chance to see SLA skin for this plane with the flag and all? I am also missing some clouds addon for it or something, it's keep giving me an error message everytime I start making a mission in the editor. Please advise, thanks!

Forgot one more thing... Seems that the armor on Mig-21 is a bit too high. It takes 3-4 missile hits from the BIS Harrier to take me down. It take 2 to take down the Harrier, sometimes even 1 hit is enough.

There was my simple edit on LoBo/Southy's MiG-21 Bis.

- loadout: 40Rnd_S8T instead of 80 (I still think that it's too much and too powerful for MiG-21, it should carry 2 UB-16 pods instead)

- GSh-23 cannon.

- simple shadow volume added. Simple means very simple.

- increased model mass.

- SLA markings instead of Egyptian (I'm not reskinner, sorry :P).

- new map and team bar vehicle icon.

- little config tweaks.

I have edited only one camouflage version.

Best regards,

zGuba

Great! I'll take a look at it tonight. What about changing the pilot? For some reason western pilot is flying the Mig by default.

Any chance we will see a Mig-21 bomber?

WOE WOE WOE!!!  Hold on guys. WE DID NOT GIVE PERMISSION FOR THESE TO BE EDITED!!!  

FDF GIVES THE PERMISSIONS NOT US!!!!  

Please remove the links.   The original MLOD versions were not even intended to be released publicly.

zGuba, its a great edit, but please talk to the FDF guys to get permisson.  Also there are no credits on it.  The Mig-21 model and base textures are by FDF with cammo and other texture modifications by Calm Terror.  Conversion is by Southy, however in our final version, it will have totally different weapon loads.  

This is why our next pack is all going to be binarized so this type of thing doesn't happen until we get all the permissions sorted out for anyone who asks for permission to edit one of the OFP conversions.   Yes I know it sucks, but those are the BIS rules.  Also by making such a modification you risk The Lost Brothers losing all cooperation from other addon makers and mods (which we heavily depend on).   I would recommend working with someone like EddyD to get the textures nice and pretty for a real SLA version in SLA colors after you get permisson from FDF as they may already have a SLA version in the works or they may have already given the model/textures to another mod team to use for an SLA Mig-21.   I know the RACS mod has a Mig-21 model, but I can't remember if its the same model.  If it is then I guess EddyD knows about that one as does wld427.  Most likely they already have the permissions as I know they're pretty good about those things.  If so you might be able to merge your edits with their version.   

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

WOE WOE WOE!!!  Hold on guys. WE DID NOT GIVE PERMISSION FOR THESE TO BE EDITED!!!  

FDF GIVES THE PERMISSIONS NOT US!!!!  

Please remove the links.   The original MLOD versions were not even intended to be released publicly.

zGuba, its a great edit, but please talk to the FDF guys to get permisson.  Also there are no credits on it.  The Mig-21 model and base textures are by FDF with cammo and other texture modifications by Calm Terror.  Conversion is by Southy, however in our final version, it will have totally different weapon loads.  

This is why our next pack is all going to be binarized so this type of thing doesn't happen until we get all the permissions sorted out for anyone who asks for permission to edit one of the OFP conversions.   Yes I know it sucks, but those are the BIS rules.  Also by making such a modification you risk The Lost Brothers losing all cooperation from other addon makers and mods (which we heavily depend on).   I would recommend working with someone like EddyD to get the textures nice and pretty for a real SLA version in SLA colors after you get permisson from FDF as they may already have a SLA version in the works or they may have already given the model/textures to another mod team to use for an SLA Mig-21.   I know the RACS mod has a Mig-21 model, but I can't remember if its the same model.  If it is then I guess EddyD knows about that one as does wld427.  Most likely they already have the permissions as I know they're pretty good about those things.  If so you might be able to merge your edits with their version.   

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Wooah, I got confused by Jewish-Freak post with that quotation:

---------------------QUOTE-------------------

Thanks for the help! Oh...and all conversions of our stuff can be posted here using BIS pilots so everyone can play around with the betas.

---------------------QUOTE-------------------

Bugger me, I must have misunderstood the key word 'conversions' :P These MLOD Fishbeds were avaiable at ArmAholic.com, where I found the thing. I foud it inaccurate in many ways (mainly the weapons and no shadows), and wanted to upgrade it same way as Footmunch's F-16 so upcoming modifications will have better base smile_o.gif

Download link has been removed, will be back when the copyright problems will be solved smile_o.gif sorry for such a mess guys.

He said that? I didn't see that quote going back in the thread otherwise I would have corrected anything regarding that.

However... what we can do is use your fixes and then give you credit on the readme credit section. That way your work doesn't go to waste. She was flying fairly well before, but I'll give your version a try and see if the ol' warbird flys better now. But for sure we can use the shadow modifications (which I still have not gotten the hang of doing...I hate shadow LOD's).

If you know of a good tutorial on shadow LOD's let me know cuz the last one I used doesn't work on vehicles and works only half the time on infantry.

I still got some shadow LOD bugs on some weapons like our Tavor rifles that is pissing me off. I usually end up just giving up and using some BIS weapon's shadow LOD's.

Anyways, sorry for the confusion on this. I was hoping that this thread would die and go away as I'm going to ask the mods to close it because we need a new title for our release of our Addon Pack #3.

It will have bugs in it, but I'm just trying to get this damn pack out of my hair so we can begin concentrating on working on an Egyptian pack and a historic pack (and will also work during that time to fix bugs as we gain more experience and new members).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

He said that?   I didn't see that quote going back in the thread otherwise I would have corrected anything regarding that.  

However... what we can do is use your fixes and then give you credit on the readme credit section.  That way your work doesn't go to waste.   She was flying fairly well before, but I'll give your version a try and see if the ol' warbird flys better now.  But for sure we can use the shadow modifications (which I still have not gotten the hang of doing...I hate shadow LOD's).  

If you know of a good tutorial on shadow LOD's let me know cuz the last one I used doesn't work on vehicles and works only half the time on infantry.  

I still got some shadow LOD bugs on some weapons like our Tavor rifles that is pissing me off.  I usually end up just giving up and using some BIS weapon's shadow LOD's.

Anyways, sorry for the confusion on this.  I was hoping that this thread would die and go away as I'm going to ask the mods to close it because we need a new title for our release of our Addon Pack #3.

It will have bugs in it, but I'm just trying to get this damn pack out of my hair so we can begin concentrating on working on an Egyptian pack and a historic pack (and will also work during that time to fix bugs as we gain more experience and new members).  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I would admire it smile_o.gif the main part of my work is creating relationships between addon's and game's content, so it'll use f. e. SIX Tracers; the rest is mainly "ToDo" smile_o.gif

I'm noob at modelling. This is first shadow LOD I ever made :P everything I know about it is that You have to triangulate it.

http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depo....cat=xyz gonna check it out.

Hi all, now to somethin completely different huh.gif

I checked the OFP content for a suitable counterpart to the T-90's acutally released. I located Bizaroide's Merkava, because I think that a M1A2 is already on the way by ACE, while Mateck (hopfully) will release his new M1A1 HA in the near future.

I will check the OFP Merkava for an ArmA conversion (mainly for private use) and just want to ask you weather Elbe plans to perform the same or if you create a Merkava on your own.

Because of permission for Bizaroide's tank will take some time, a possible public release is unknown.

BR,

mike

Lo mate,

I have no plans as yet to convert ground units, I've got much more to learn on the air units still, every new plane I convert I'm learning something new.

I'm sure someone from Lost Brothers can confirm if they plan on converting this tank.

Cheers

Southy

Bizaroid was only possible to contact through a third party on the OFP forums who said that he gave us permission to do develop his addons for our mod in OFP and I'm assuming in ArmA as we're the only mod that can use the addon in ArmA.  From what I understood, he does not speak English which is why he did not reply to all my requests.   At any rate, we did convert the Merkava Mk4 already and it will be in this upcoming release.

By the way here are a couple more screenshots I just made using ICP animations.

The first is of our IDF Nahal recon units (note the M4A1 DMS rifle carried by the lead scout with cheekpad, harris biopod, ACOG, and double magazine holder:

LoBo_Nahal1.jpg

And second, we have our newer Hezbollah units:

LoBo_Hezballz3.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Bizaroid was only possible to contact through a third party on the OFP forums who said that he gave us permission to do develop his addons for our mod in OFP and I'm assuming in ArmA as we're the only mod that can use the addon in ArmA. From what I understood, he does not speak English which is why he did not reply to all my requests. At any rate, we did convert the Merkava Mk4 already and it will be in this upcoming release.

I checked the Merkavas yesterday. Any interest on the Merkava 2, because I personally favour this model.

I you have no interrest an the 2-Version, may I get in contact with the person who gave you the permission for the 4-version?

Thanks and Best Regards,

mike

We prefer not to have multiple copies of our addons floating around in other mods and quite honestly, the tanks are a bit useless for mission makers without Israeli infantry and crew unless mission realism is not a priority and you just want to blast T-90's with a cool looking tank.

We haven't converted the Mk2 yet, however we do intend on converting it.  If you know how to convert tanks, you are more then welcome to help us convert the Mk2 as tanks are a pain in the ass to convert.  The Mk2 Merkava was made by one of our mod team founders and improved by Calm Terror and myself.  As for the Mk4, I have no idea where the original permission is as it was I believe granted on one of our OFP threads.    

You might be able to get permission and you are totally free to do that, however again, for realistic missions its not really of much use without a IDF infantry and other supporting IDF addons.   That is why we would prefer help with the Mk2.  

Also the original brown color it was in was a color scheme never used by the IDF.  Only tan and green paint schemes have been used.

Edit- The laison with Bizaroid was a guy called "The Wolf" who worked with the French OFrP Mod. Unfortunately I can't find his email address and he's been long gone from this forum with no posts since 2004.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Thanks Miles,

I actually chose the Mk2 because it includes not so many features as implemented in the alternative MBT's. I plan to focus on:

-Proxy conversion, so that the OFP proxies do not need to be moved, when using the ArmA-counterparts

-Texture merging, followed by bump- and specmaps

-Optional new model.cfg animations, so that only minor renaming is needed for conversion.

I plan to check this while I change my ISP. So it might take some time to bet back online again. I will send you a DL-link, when I have someting to upload.

BR,

mike

Is someone have some scenarios or campaigne for this mod,or someone can explain me how to create a good scenario with the editor, please.

Thanks

Closed upon request.