Sign in to follow this  
Jewish-Freak

Lost Brothers IDF Units Ver 1.6 RELEASED

I have to say Miles, your screenshots don't do your team's work justice. Well made and textured units, still requires that extra bit of work with tidying up the textures and maybe add a bit of dirt here and there. But overall very good! Prehaps you should get Parvus or Ingram to make screens for you to promote your work more? But good stuff so far, a big thumbs up!

Miles-Teg : I couldn't have said it better myself.  I remember recently in the movie "Transformers" there is an all black CH-53 variant (Pavelow III maybe?) that was skimming across the desert at full clip.  It just looked.....Tough.  No other helicopter gives me that feeling like "I would hate to be what this thing is after..."  I can't wait till someone gets up the newer E variant, or possibly the K although pictures and informormation are few and far between on the K.  You're mods sound good.  To be honest, the quick test that I did I didn't notice the engine sounds.  Sorry!  I am heading back in to check it out a little better right now.  I didn't really have much time earlier.  Does everyone else have the same control problem regarding the yaw?

EDIT: It was a MH-53M Pavelow IV named "Blackout" in Transformers.

Dear LoBo ppl!

Amazing work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any chance of seeing some engineering equipment in the future e.g. PUMA +rollers or maybe a D-9?

We have an almost complete D-9 that we need to get permisson to use. Pumas are still farther down the pipline. We do however have an Achzarit heavy APC (kick ass looking APC based off of a converted T-55 chassis used by the IDF).

The Achzarit just needs some config work with the crew and for its interior to be finished up and some external textures to be remapped. The same goes for our Merkava Mk3.

So overall we got some good stuff coming down the pipeline. Look for screenshots in a week or two in the Addon-discussion section of ArmA forums. Hopefully by then we'll have made some good progress on some new stuff. But for right now, I recommend using our units against the WP_Insurgents. They make fairly good opponents and right now there is enough released to make some good missions.

I also may work on editing our textures to create some S-13 commandos.

Oh speaking of missions.... I have some missions almost done that I just need to edit to take out 3rd party addon dependencies. So look forward to a few missions by me soon.

If anyone else makes any good missions I will be happy to include them in a mission pack or even a campaign.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

G'day,

this version 1.6 containes everything that needs to play with IDF units, ot i need to go back to page1 to d/l the rest?

thanks.

I'll buy ArmA in a month or so, and I'll surely use those. For now have you thought of retexturing the SLA into a Syrian camo scheme or at least giving them Syrian symbols and flags. They look pretty similar and have a mostly similar equipment too. Just for some basic OPFOR.

Yeah that is a great idea to retexture SLA guys into Syrians.  The problem is that we only have one texture artist and somebody will need to direct me to a SLA model/textures or some info on how to retexture an exhisting BIS model without having access to a un-binarized model of the soldiers in question.  

If anyone wants to help me out on that I can give retexturing a go as we have alot of excellent Syrian cammo textures.  I'd just have to figure out how to map them.   Now granted they're not gonna be all fancy with specular maps and all that good stuff (untill I master doing that advanced texture editing), but they'll still be good.

Below are new Screen shots of our S13 Naval Commandos and our Spike SR ATGM and Shipon AT rocket systems.  

These are just real quickie screenshots.

LoBo_S13_1.jpg

LoBo_S13_2.jpg

Real Life pic of S-13 (courtesy of isareyet.com) and yes our guys have Uzis also...oh and also since those screenshots were taken I was able to adjust the uniform texture to look more like the lighter grey/tan color in the picture. I also added the black sections on the knee under the knee pads:

s13-86.jpg

___

Shipon advanced tandem warhead AT rocket and Spike advanced ATGM (tandem warhead):

LoBo_SpikeShipon1.jpg

LoBo_SpikeShipon2.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

hey, last guy to comment. can u upload or send me the IDF grey guys with no helmets? i think the commandos?

My name is not "last guy" and unless you are an addon maker or texture artist who wants to help us with stuff (in which case you'd have to show your credentials as far as work you've done), you'll have to wait just like everyone else until they are released in the next pack. We are just waiting for an APC to be finished up and then we'll release a fairly large updated mod pack that will include some armor for our IDF and updated infantry (to include the S-13 commandos and AT weapons).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

take it easy there chief i didnt realize you made them. and there already is helmetless guys in this release i did not know that. if you could be so kind ive been having a conflict with the config files or somethin. im trying to add this black ski mask i have "face35.jpg" to the files so the MATKAL NH operators are wearing it, but when i change all the faces i can find to "face35.jpg" in all the config files, they still have the same face. am i looking at the wrong files or something?

btw the Lostbros are the best released human model ive seen for arma

them units are looking lovely keep it up love this mode been playing its since it came out on OFP any news on any vehicels or UH 1h chopper huh.gif Love the stuff keep it up biggrin_o.gif

Cursor:      Oh, I didn't make them, I just helped in some of the editing. I'm also the Team Leader for the Lost Brothers Mod. I'm not sure what's causing that face problem.  Make sure that "Face35" isn't amongst the faces that are rejected in the config file.  I actually need to update that cuz right now we get way too many black faces.  Not being racist or anything, but while there are African Jews in Israel, they are a very small minority so they should only rarely pop up in the faces.    But as far as the facemask texture, you might try naming it something else perhaps?   The alternative is trying to put it in manually in the mission editor (in the unit's init box) to see if that works.

1in1class:   Thanks.  Right now we're just looking at getting this armor finished.  However hopefully after that we'll get a gunship of some sort (either Apache or Cobra) converted although we may ask very very nicely Mapfacts to see if we can use theirs.  If not, no big deal.  We'll just work on converting probably one of ours from OFP (probably the AH-1S Cobra although the textures will need serious updating).

Hopefully if we convert the BIS AH-1S Cobra model from OFP, people won't complain too much about the crude textures it'll have to start out with.  But eventually as we recruit more texture artists, such things can be fixed.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

yo make gas masks on some IDF! ill!

solved the face problem the cent_faces i had the config pointing to had all the faces except face35[which i had earlier removed] so i guess it went to a default config? copy or 2? anyways replaced the face35 all is well!! ty

looking forward to driving merkava

Would you guys ever be interested in a retro mod? Like a '70s CT unit mod? With your talents, I'm sure you'd do a fantastic job of it.

In OFP we were planning on releasing a historic mod but we needed someone to help us make the historic IDF infantry...which we never found help for. However we do have working Isherman (upgunned Shermans), M3 halftracks, Centurtion MBT's, and M60 models of which only the M60 has been converted to ArmA. Converting tanks is a long process, but we hope to eventually make a historic pack, if again, we get some new addon makers to join our mod. Likewise if anyone wants to see the Egyptian stuff transferred or Syrian OPFOR made, we need help on that.

Same goes for making new maps in ArmA. For now the enemy of the IDF is the evil Jew-hating SLA in my missions. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Miles have you found a solution to the ill handling of the yasur yet?

Negative... until we find a tutorial on aircraft making for ArmA, we're kinda shit out of luck. Our mod member who was supposed to be working on fixing it up has been AWOL for awhile so if I have time, I'll have a go at just using trial and error methods perhaps. We're also in desperate need of help to get our Zelda's working as the MG turrets just don't want to work and we have no clue why after spending hours trying different things with the .cpp and pouring over other similar APC models to try and figure out what's wrong. But I don't have alot of time. What time I do have I've been using to work on our Hamas guys.

Below is a pic of one...

WARNING: It may piss off some Muslims, but I make no apologies as the old man on the T-shirt openly called for the killing of Israeli women and children using suicide attacks... something in direct contradiction to Islam.

Hamas1.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

lol, the shirt of that fool is funny, though i dont think a true terrorist would have wore this kind of shirt rofl.gif

LOL rofl.gif

nice terrorists!!!

that will make it more eay for IDF guys to know which guy they wanna shoot rofl.gif

BTW i love the enw AT weapons spike and shipon and i love the looks of s-13!!

great job chris notworthy.gif

great work miles on the Hamas guys...... i cant wait to see the blood textures on them......

I was wondering if you would give a call to the HWM guys they did some awesome work with the huey. Maybee they can take a look at your config for you.

Miles i have a bug to report with your troops..... seems when any of them pick up an RPG it floats off to the side of them instead of bing slung over the back. I will try to get you a screen shot

well i'm a palestinian and a muslim and that picture doesnt piss me off (because it's not personal we hate you , you hate us ) but anyway i got your old zelda model (form the ofp release) working all you need to do is rename the proxys and place them in the right  place nothing else

edit : well there's somthing else you must convert the model to a new mlod format by opening it using gate builder or the new ver of o2 and then save

edit2 : some pictures 3.jpg

2.jpg

namman you gonna update the hamas insurgents any time?

cuz your regular hamas look good but they have crazy bugs like flying in air and such....

Oh wow...how interesting.  Actually I'm not Israeli.  I was born in Tehran, Iran.  But I'm not Muslim either. lol... I'm a theist but study Islamic theology as a cultural anthropologist.  I respect many Muslim scholars, just not Shaykh Yassin for his views. I see his views as deviating in some ways far from Sunnah (such as not having problems killing women and children).   Nevertheless, (even though many of my Israeli friends disagree with me) I understand why there is a Palestinian resistance and why there is desperation.  At the same time I understand the Israeli mindset of feeling like they are surrounded by enemies who want to destroy them and kill all of them (which isn't far from the truth).   I then know both Israelis and Palestinians who are good people who just want peace and to live together and get on with life as fair and equal citizens of one nation (or at least two nations treating each other respectfully).     So don't worry...I'm not ignorant of the struggles of Palestinians or of the hatred on both sides.  However sometimes its good to poke fun at the insanity.  If we make some Israeli civilians, I'm quite sure I can come up with some extremely dark humor T-shirts about Sharon or making fun of some stereotype about Jews. (Israelis tend to have thick skins because they get made fun of alot).

I could also maybe have a tshirt making a joke showing Jews and Arabs arguing about who has the bigger noses.   lol

Anyways, its just a bit of dark humor on my part so I'm glad you didn't take offense.   Most of the other Hamas guys are pretty serious looking with plenty of weaponry.  

At any rate, these are just preliminary models.  If you have good reference pics however, I can see what I can do about making them a bit more realistic looking or maybe make some that look like the better trained elite units.

As for the Zelda model, we understand how to get the tracks working, (just alot of renaming).  The main problem is getting the machine gun to work.   If you got that to work, I would definitely be interested in using your conversion if you wish to share it.  

Just PM me any links or info.  That would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>