Issetea

Sahrani Life

seeing some bugs, seems nearly every other time a civ goes to jail the heli wont land for them. also everyone on my server just got an error message

null object, error invalid number in expression

OKAY! Have playtested 1.10 and there are some issues to address:

1) I had 9507 in cash. A cop came up to me and checked me, saw that I had 9507, and ticketed me for 10000, so I lost ALL my cash right down to 0. I had done nothing wrong.

I had to get Admin to kick off the abusive cop... this is something that is too easily abused so that should get some attention.

2) BOAT LICENSES DO NOT WORK. I could NOT buy a boat despite having the boat license.

3) Due to not being able to fish for food, there is NO WAY to get food in Masbete, Pita, to fish for food (cuz you cant buy boat), and there is no food in the Terror camp or hideout! I was forced to go back to Hospital to get food.

There needs to be a way to get food in Pita/Masbete/Terror Camp...

4) Terror camp no longer sells vehicles? I thought that was good in 1.02... now all I can buy are suicide bombs, repair/refuel/medikit, jammers and weapons.

5) Is there intended to be a limit for drug runs? I bought marijuana twice, and was worried maybe I had lost 40k, but I was able to sell marijuana twice at the destination (40k each for 70k gross=140k gross). If you want to keep a cap on drug runs you'll have to add a script to prevent people from buying multiple drugs.

If you dont want a cap, could it be made easier so someone can buy bigger volumes instead of just 40k?

Thanks for reading!

Edit:Added

Not to insult the JT edit or anything, but I thought that the 1.10 siren was more realistic as it sounds like a real cop siren... the siren mixes itself up like it does in real life, instead of being two alternating tones. I AM deaf with a hearing aid however so if theres a quality issue here that I'm not able to discern here then maybe that's why I don't notice a problem...

Quote[/b] ]Not to insult the JT edit or anything, but I thought that the 1.10 siren was more realistic as it sounds like a real cop siren... the siren mixes itself up like it does in real life, instead of being two alternating tones. I AM deaf with a hearing aid however so if theres a quality issue here that I'm not able to discern here then maybe that's why I don't notice a problem...

it was the same sound mr gc provided for the edit too for the later version.

Hm... Hunger works for me (Hunger: 100 in stats means that you starve)

Changed for next Version:

Boat license is fixed

Terror camp sells vehicles and food

We are still looking for the reason of the NULL-Object Error. ArmA does not show the filename or the line where the error occurs so we have to find out when the Error messages appears/by what it is triggered.

We are still looking for the reason of the NULL-Object Error. ArmA does not show the filename or the line where the error occurs so we have to find out when the Error messages appears/by what it is triggered.

Happened to me once when i tried looking into somebodys hideout - see pic:

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums....sl7.jpg

Hm... Hunger works for me (Hunger: 100 in stats means that you starve)

Changed for next Version:

Boat license is fixed

Terror camp sells vehicles and food

k ill ask players what they doing if it happens again

edit:

we having problems with roadblocks, any time a cop uses one its stuck half underground.

edit:

got another error, i just bought 4 fish and it said after my total spend "you have £scalar left"

i played the new version first time today, about 2 hours. then i went off cause i was angry, cause the new gameplay and loads of bugs.

just some things to change (IMO)

- roadblock bugged, they are wrong on streets, dont know whats offroad. (they are always wrong, no matter how u put them)

today i got killed by my own roadblock.

i set it, and didnt move 5sec. and - dead.

- hunger is on 100 much too fast. i think it should be at least double time or more.

- stun gun, better make a 2nd fire mod to m9 or so, its just rofl.gif to have it in m203.

maybe every cop should have it, when it reaspawns. as stadart gear.

- more itemshops needed (benoma, masbete, dont know whats south at obregan and mercialillo)

-cop siren should be same as in JT version, and should be able to turn ON/OFF

-60sec civmarker... very bad. make it like JT, in town normally, offroad NON, just near cops. (maybe near gasstation, for simulating a camera)

- vehicleprices --> banghead.gif

a copcar 5000$? too expensive i think, and lb should be cheaper again. (u need them to chase civs when u have no markers outside)

- the buymenu shouldn't close everytime u buy something.

u buy 5x fish, closed. reopen, u buy 4flares, closed. reopen, u buy 3reps, closed. reopen, and so on..

- mayor should be democraticly elected, like voting an admin.

-pms. no ? ! , and some other symbols possbile sad_o.gif and i think the green letters are not really good for "sms". i just dont see it half the time^^ cause i think its moneystuff or so.

-i think 15min to disappearing of a car is too less. put it higher to 30min or so. especially as sniper u are on same pos for a long time. and when u need to move quick - suddenly no car here. not very nice

pls make this map as good playable as 1.02! i really loved it, especially with JT edit.

I have some ideas for the map :

- make heavy weapons less available (more handguns)

(limited number of assault weapons)

- split police into several squads

(cops can upgrade when doing good work)

- cops/patrol squads (handguns)

- special intervention squads (MP5A5, handgun, grenades, sniper)

- sahrani army ?

- one base for each of the three categories above

- let cops form squads, make a leader cop that controls all squads, gives them missions ...

- detective job for civilian - they become cops (infiltrate gangs, terrorists, discover criminal activities)

- disable civilian markers (show marker for civilians when a cop spots them)

- possibility to declare a car stolen (cops can compare id of the owner with id of the driver)

- faster way to set a civilian wanted/unwanted (available everywhere for free)

- an ambulance job for civilians : when someone is killed it will still live for some time and he dies if no ambulance saves him

- unarmed civilians able to fight (fist stroke) and knock down other players

- add a boredom meter for all civilians - when their boredom meter increases they win less money, other penalties etc - and add some "fun places" (are there any women in arma ?) to decrease boredom, i also thought about civilians buying drugs to decrease boredom etc

Okay, I am now POSITIVE on this....

From playing on two servers...

Every time someone joins, the game LAGS... it is waiting for something so the entire game freezes.... so if a person is taking forever to connect, it really messes us up...

If no one joins the server at all, the problem does NOT happen.

I am speaking of when they join the server... and not when they join the mission.

What exactly happens: You see everyone running in place... no new text... it can last a minute... then bam, a lot of text screams by with a lot of people saying "lag?". Some sneaky citizens are using this as a moment to rob the bank and be far away before anyone can stop them...

I am playing on Jana's server right now and its very unplayable right now, since there are some people who get auto-kicked but they keep coming back over and over [maybe doing it on purpose to exploit this].

Added: Got so bad that they voted to go back to the 1.02 mission...

Hope its something easy to fix...

another thing about this lag problem is that it doesnt happen to everyone. on my server myself and other players didnt experience the lag moda and other players were getting.

i joined another server and got the lag there like moda describes, others too and some players said they had no lag on that server as well strange :S

another thing about this lag problem is that it doesnt happen to everyone. on my server myself and other players didnt experience the lag moda and other players were getting.

WRONG, just was WITH moda on your server - we ALL had this lag!

nope when i was playing other said they didnt have lag just like myself when others were complaining of lag, so it doesnt effect everyone

OK, Issetea i now make this public, and i don't care what you think of me then, because i take party on the side of the "often-playing-people" of this mission - you can call it the "Sahrani-Life Community".

Issetea, i told you numerous times (very very often) that this version will suck if you make it public "half-finished", you didn't listen to me and you were totally stubborn on every suggestion jana and me was making during beta-testing or beyond that event.

This is what you have now:

"THIS (version of the) MISSION SUCKS!" - thats what the most players said on the most servers, i was playing this night.

Nearly all of the players, immediately said they want the "old" 1.02 Terp/Jana Edit back to play.

I told you the people will be pissed off when you make it public like this - and they are now pissed off....

And, wasn't that what i "promised" you? rofl.gif

You always said "we can't build in this and that, because we have no time for it"... So i told you that there are a few excellent scriptwriter's out there, like "TeRp" for example, which would gladly help you/anyone in further improvement and development of this mission, or already offered help for it(happened for example on Jana's server) - you again said "NO", but on the other hand you have no time for building-in suggested features. icon_rolleyes.gif

Then a other point which makes me (and not only me) slightly angry:

You "encoded" this mission with random script-names and other things, ONLY(like you stated numerous time) to make a further edit very hard/impossible mad_o.gif

WE, the players of this mission (many daily) can therefor not build-in our own suggestions/needed features , but still on the other hand, you said that you won't build-in many of the (really needed) suggested features, nor you will improve (with 5min of work) small things.

So it seems you to don't give a "f-word", what the players of this mission/the playing-community says...

Why you doing that? That is not correct/not a good way!

Just a few examples with what you answered me:

- Allow signs like "!";"?";",";".";";" in SMS-Service - you said:"No time for".

- Make incoming SMS-messages appear rather as a "hint"(slowly disappearing message in upper-left corner), its a real 1min work, not like a group-chat-message currently, because you can't read it when there is a lot of players-chat happen at the same time - you said:"No time for it"

- Message at 85 percent hunger should also rather appear as a "hint" (slowly disappearing message in upper-left corner) than as a group-chat message, because of not really recognize it when much chat is happen, you said "NO(without reasons)"

- Allow it to start and stop the police-sirens at any time+bind a key to it, like in the TeRp edit of 1.02 - you said "NO(without reasons)"

- Let the "fast" Siren-haul appear at a slightly greater speed (65 instead of 50) and raise the sound level just a bit - you said "No"

- Build-in a option to select the "overall marker behavior" at the start of the mission, so for example the most prefered by the often-playing players/community: "only markers in cities for civs" - you said "No time for it"

- Often asked you during beta-test, for buying rep-packs a bit more often (not just at the gas-station outside of bagango), you said nothing regards to it - no answer!

- Strongly needed votes for mayor are needed instead of that pre-finished "gang-leader-with-most-points makes the law thing" in 1.10 - you said "MAYBE in ANY of the further updates, but don't expect it"

- No word from you on the needed feature to set wanted/bounty on every police car

- No word from you on preventing jailed civs to respawn and therefor to "suffer" less time

And so on... its really sad at all

And now you really bring this not-finished version out and (even worse)you really took away the possibility's to edit it for our own.

Im gonna tell you something, probably me and others will try to do everything to edit it, and if we are successful, we will bring out our own version with our own support-thread - if you like it or not.

This version is/was "the shot in your knee", we can and probably will make it better.

I do strongly apologize if some/maybe many of the things i wrote sounds "rude" - don't take it personally, its just some sort of "business" and i think to doing the best for the "sahrani-life community" should be the main goal.

BEST Regards, Christian

I often said, that we do not build things in, because we have no time for that. The reason for this is, that we always try to fix bugs first and then add new things to the mission. I also said that we will build them in later, after we have found and fixed the bugs ("We will build-in everything").

In Version 1.10 (for which we rewrote nearly every script of the mission) are of course some new bugs we had to discover after the release such as we found bugs in Version 1.0 after its release. We are already working on a new Version which will be something like the 'patch' from 1.0 to 1.01 in which the most important bugs were fixed, some small things adjusted/added and players were able to enjoy the mission.

The encoding of the mission has two reasons:

The first reason are the multiple edits of this mission which result in a lot of different Versions and Version numbers (such as 0.5x...), the removed Intro and more bugs. Of course there are also some 'good' edits, but we saw too many edits that shouldn't exist.

The second reason for the latest additional 'encryption' has been the cheat report in this topic: We have been told that the cheater is able to change the Value of the money variable, so we try to make the different variables harder to find.

In addition to that i have to say again that we do not stop working on this mission and we fix the bugs and add the new content as fast as possible. It won't take too long until we release the next version of Sahrani Life. For now, following things have been fixed today:

- Boat and Air license work

- Restaurantes and Garages added to the important places (nearly every City)

- player is able to use: ! ? , $ in edit boxes

- vehicles are sold at terrorcamp (that already should have worked in version 1.1)

- Roadblock did not its right direction

- some minor bugfixes

More fixes and more content will follow. Further, we hope to be able to adjust more things such as the prices while having another closed test tomorrow.

We do not need much time to fix these small things but there are so many small things we wrote down that we just don't have the time to release a 100% perfect and bugfree mission within a few weeks.

Quote[/b] ]we will bring out our own version with our own support-thread - if you like it or not.

Please think of making an own mission instead of stealing more than 1 year of hard work from us.

will it take long for the bug fixed version? i just joined my server to try out 1.10 some more to find that the players have reverted to the 1.02 version ... and of all the SL servers going theres only one playing 1.10 and its empty :S

The only reason for their voting in 1.02 (over 1.10) was the lag when people are connecting to the server. If that bug is fixed, then should release the newer version ASAP since that will be playable until the next version.

Since Jana wasn't having a problem maybe server host (or someone really close to server) doesn't experience it but others do... so if you can't replicate it Issetea try to find a server already running 1.10 with enough players and join it yourself and see if it happens to you.

---

Quote[/b] ]Please think of making an own mission instead of stealing more than 1 year of hard work from us.

It does seem that if Mr G C/Jana/Terp have to go off on their own branch, that might be what's needed... build it from the ground up with brand new code. Is that easy to do or a lot of work [one year?].

I hope it doesn't come to that; I hope you all can combine your strengths. The best content come from those who actually play the game and know what is essential.

Hunger is shit. When we hide in alcazar the cops surround us and kill any stupid fish reinforcement and let us die

And Jana, could you send me the picture you shot on the hospital?

sorry, for that but i think thats important:

- hunger is on 100 much too fast. i think it should be at least double time or more.

- stun gun, better make a 2nd fire mod to m9 or so, its just rofl.gif to have it in m203.

maybe every cop should have it, when it reaspawns. as standart gear.

- more itemshops needed (benoma, masbete, dont know whats south at obregan and mercialillo)

-cop siren should be same as in JT version, and should be able to turn ON/OFF

-60sec civmarker... very bad. make it like JT, in town normally, offroad NON, just near cops. (maybe near gasstation, for simulating a camera)

- vehicleprices --> banghead.gif

a copcar 5000$? too expensive i think, and lb should be cheaper again. (u need them to chase civs when u have no markers outside)

- the buymenu shouldn't close everytime u buy something.

u buy 5x fish, closed. reopen, u buy 4flares, closed. reopen, u buy 3reps, closed. reopen, and so on..

- mayor should be democraticly elected, like voting an admin.

-pms. no ? ! , and some other symbols possbile sad_o.gif and i think the green letters are not really good for "sms". i just dont see it half the time^^ cause i think its moneystuff or so.

-i think 15min to disappearing of a car is too less. put it higher to 30min or so. especially as sniper u are on same pos for a long time. and when u need to move quick - suddenly no car here. not very nice

same when u are flying around with a very expensive LB or BH.

u get shot down, and u die, but the airvehicle just damaged.

u respawn and get to ur vehicle, and just before u could get in with repkit *paff* its away.

Itemshops are distributed very well as it is right now.

That way it takes some planning in your actions and also populates the roads wink_o.gif

-pms.

You dont want to have that simulated!

in the past it was easy to earn money quickly, in 1.10 its just impossible. Dont forget we are initially playing ARMA, a war simulating game, and even if SL is a RPG, peoples will be quickly bored to make courrier or farmer jobs for hours just for buy a AK and some ammos !! We want to make the WAR too ! pistols.gif

In the past, when u had much money, u bought weapons to make the war against cops, or just shoot every cops on sight, its a bit dumb but it was the only option available. Now, u added something very interesting : the GANG WAR. I wonder if i can see a gang war like in Chicago in 1930's, with armed civils from different guilds killing each others in bagangoo while neutral civils will run away and cops & bountyhunters will try to separate them. Now with the money raising too slowly its just impossible.

Minor bugs & problems :

- When ammo truck reach terrorist hideout, only weapons available, no more ammo.

- in terror hideout, RPG cost 80000 huh.gif?

- in terror hideout, no more RPG ammo

- Fix the hunger thing, we aren't bears or seals to have to eat 10kg of fish every days smile_o.gif

- I got an error msg when the 1st ammo truck start to travel.

- Weapons delivery missions : deal a G36, bought it 10k, sold it 10k, huuuhh ?

- I bought many guild points, but still 0 point in stats and guild menu. Anyway guild points should be gained when making gang action like rob bank, selling drugs, or killing members from ennemies guild.

I like this version(only for the guild thing) but i will keep playing 1.02 cause i want some actions and some war.

Keep the good work, and give up the small details like sirens, phone or markers, concentrate ur skills on most important lines of the game.

OMS

EDIT: Just checked the prize of weapons in Masbete : 18000 for a m16GL, 50000 for a stinger, 80000 for a RPG, 250000 for a Javelin ! I think this version will be more appropriate for the Sims than Arma o_O

Its good so less money, i vers. 1.02 all had to fast to much cash, now its better.

You must WORK for cash now.

A point on the lag : I found that it was normal out side bagango, how ever on the out skirts i got the one where the text shot up and for a sec i thought it's my connection turned out to be wrong. when i was in side bagango no way at all to play.

This might be why some do not experiance lag and others do?

ok now fot the change rant:

1st: food, to pay 175 for fish at random 10 to 15 point off your hunger makes no sence at all and wheat is worse random 5 to 10 maybe and if you go for wheat you need to sell 770 units of it just to brake even the cost for the vechile.

aslo hunger rate is way to high, might be realistic according to clock but dam.

2nd: Civ slot 20 is bugged and can't be searched and this cost me in game 15,7k, Fix that please!

3rd: I found it allot better have'n a longer start untill you get money flowing in thew prices I have no problem with. exept for the fact that the game had a bike bug and untill this is resoleved the shoka's should be the price of a bike.

4th: If some one arrests you your vechile should be locked on the spot so that it will still be there when you get released, on that note masbete really needs a car shop, i've not checked the armor shop for normal vechiles so if they are there cool and if not suck's to go to jail.

5th: new buy menu's are real nice but really add a button to close em and not use the bought button to close.

6th: Dig the guilds, how ever just started my guild and then got stuned, disarmed and shot in the head for looking dead apparantly. So at least i saved my 50k as the guild was bough in time but lost my SVD + workers.

7th: Workers sould be able to farm fish and wheat, might be a lil mush to ask for but hey I can dream can't I?

8th: Keep up the work on the map this really has the potential to be a great map played all over the world.

About hunger.

I didn't see how it is dealt with that in the game (buying fish ??).

The best way to present this to players would be :

"Your refrigerator is empty you need to fill it or you will starve".

(Make the civilian vanish if he is starved and he can be saved by ambulance in a lap of time after what if no ambulance saves him he dies).

The refrigerator will empty over time (10 minutes ??)

Then place a supermarket somewhere. Civilians will have to go there each 10 minutes.

Also rich players can afford bigger refrigerators and therefore dont need to fill it often (20, 30 minutes ??).

Every civilian should start with a home where his refrigerator will be located and wil have to transport food from supermarket to his home. And also where he can save his inventory items so he doesnt lose them anymore when he dies (drugs, weapons, kits etc).

Also add taxes that players have to pay, for cars, homes, income etc. If they cant afford to pay their car tax, it will be requisitioned (disappears), weapon tax.

Maybe mayor can set how high taxes are. And he can then give the money to police to buy better equipment etc.

Woahh Mr. G C mate, chill out :O

At the end of the day, Issetea and Fewo dont owe us anything. They made the map for the community, they can take their own direction with it, they're not going to purposefully ruin it, you make suggestions, they'll look into them.

But they dont *have* to do everything we tell them.

And you should never really make unofficial edits unless you get the explicit permission from the mission maker to do it to be honest, i dont know whether u guys did or not.. Most mission makers wont give permission until they are satisfied that they have reached the potential of the map and there are no more bugs in it.

I hope to try out the new version soon biggrin_o.gif