Issetea

Sahrani Life

back on subject love this mission and i love the updates jana and Terp keep makin shame i cant play them nomore banghead.gif

just pm ur id like some others did ..

as to striyzh, shrug, the entire server said thank god / about time when u got banned. but like for 4th time, not the right topic.

about our edit - going smoothly at the moment! one bug that needs fixed (is fixed just need updated and started), so everything is playing good, great game.

have I missed anything or just there were no news about new version of the mission release?

using terps latest jana playground edit with changes:

bank moved

any cop that uses a roadblock prints so on screen

removed civ insurance (to keep legal civs helping cops, right now its a crap "hold on ill get insurance, ok terrorism away" bull)

handgun shop is now near sniper rile shop (ie out of bagango)

some buildings wreck proof (civ spawn building)

marker refresh now 2 or 3 seconds

all vehicles will disappear after being empty for 15 mins to reduce map clutter

None of that changes i do really like sad_o.gif

To this points Issetea and Fewo have done IMHO better workarounds for known problems in upcoming 1.10, so i would advice you to wait for 1.10 instead of maybe confusing the players on your server with that changes.

The other changes teRp promises and already done are good enough IMHO, to bridge the wait time for 1.10.

Also, if Issetea and Fewo don't implement these changes I'm talking about, TeRp could easily add them in 1.10.

But thats just my opinion to this issues...

I like all of the mentioned changes except for the last two.

Marker refresh set to 10 or 15 seconds would´nt only ease on server load but also make a fugitives live more exciting.

And the cars should´nt disappear as long as they´re intact. Instead of removing them rather limit the ammount of vehicles per person to 2 or 3 smile_o.gif

And the cars should´nt disappear as long as they´re intact. Instead of removing them rather limit the ammount of vehicles per person to 2 or 3 smile_o.gif

Right, Issetea and Fewo have managed it in 1.10 better, by making cars much more expensive and let Civs earn less money. Also You can now buy Repairpacks and so on, on nearly every item-shop in all citys.

This changes should convince people to look more over their own cars and rather try to repair then instead of buying new ones.

Yep, I hate it when people have to much money and give so much the other guys, that they dont must work.

And I think the police have to much weapons. Otherwise they wouldnt load cars full of guns and give them the civillians.

This changes should convince people to look more over their own cars and rather try to repair then instead of buying new ones.

Or blowing their vehicles to pieces in yet another suicide bombing biggrin_o.gif

@Jana: I know you dont like the carbombs, but please leave them in. How about adding some special punishment for the bombers so they think twice about their actions.

More expensive cars are a good start - i´d also add longer respawn time, and loss of all money - cuz when you´re dead you don´t need it.

Of course this can be bypassed by having seperate terror bank accounts, but it would make the whole thing more difficult to pull off.

Otherwise they wouldnt load cars full of guns and give them the civillians.

Corruption is an awesome roleplay element imho *g*

Or blowing their vehicles to pieces in yet another suicide bombing biggrin_o.gif

@Jana: I know you dont like the carbombs, but please leave them in. How about adding some special punishment for the bombers so they think twice about their actions.

More expensive cars are a good start - i´d also add longer respawn time, and loss of all money - cuz when you´re dead you don´t need it.

Of course this can be bypassed by having seperate terror bank accounts, but it would make the whole thing more difficult to pull off.

Otherwise they wouldnt load cars full of guns and give them the civillians.

Corruption is an awesome roleplay element imho *g*

Jana will disable car bombs?huh.gif No way man.... they are realistic and good for roleplay!

Also your right regarding to the corrupt cops - like in real life and its a RPG!

The idea of loosing all money when dead is IMHO very unrealistic because your money is safe if its on your bank account.

But: Yes i am for even longer respawn times! Your own life must be very valuable or better "the most valuable" Thing in this game.

Civs and cops must think twice before putting their life in danger, when doing certain "actions"

Regards, Christian

no i never said anything about taking out car bombs wow_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I like all of the mentioned changes except for the last two.

Marker refresh set to 10 or 15 seconds would´nt only ease on server load but also make a fugitives live more exciting.

And the cars should´nt disappear as long as they´re intact. Instead of removing them rather limit the ammount of vehicles per person to 2 or 3

the marker thing doesnt really matter now that civs go off radar out of towns etc. I like the cars disappearing better as, if u are limited to say 3 cars, what happens if u get shot driving and all 3 are stolen? you cant buy any more until they're destroyed.

Quote[/b] ]Also your right regarding to the corrupt cops - like in real life and its a RPG!

i agree, BUT, its stuff like this that should be stopped - sure its rpg but it's not a simulation, its still a game tbh

rofl.gif at that vid biggrin_o.gif

Got a few siren sounds ziped up for you guys. I'll send out a soon as possible. I don't know if Jana would use them tho as they come from a "suspected" hacker  whistle.gif .

I'm also working on "bank". once I finish all the details I'll send out also.(much more real and with atms model instead of flags)

yay.gif

no i never said anything about taking out car bombs wow_o.gif

You did not? Ok, me stupid but happy yay.gif

Regarding cars i must agree with your last post. Haven´t thought about that.

Stopping corruption though will be very hard. The bad guys will surely find a way to circumvent any preventions with their combined criminal minds biggrin_o.gif

Got a few siren sounds ziped up for you guys. I'll send out a soon as possible. I don't know if Jana would use them tho as they come from a "suspected" hacker whistle.gif .

I'm also working on "bank". once I finish all the details I'll send out also.(much more real and with atms model instead of flags)

yay.gif

cool. i think in the new official version they have the bank indoors at a computer.

Just checked this out after a month long hiatus from arma very nice!!

- how sbout a job of recovering abandoned vehicles with a tow truck or something

Got a few siren sounds ziped up for you guys. I'll send out a soon as possible. I don't know if Jana would use them tho as they come from a "suspected" hacker whistle.gif .

yay.gif

cool. i think in the new official version they have the bank indoors at a computer.

No, in 1.10 its at a flag at the city-hall, as i remember correctly during testplay the 1.10

Regards, Christian

the little crash of yesterday

(cause of that u died, as u was afk jana^^)

http://www.stage6.com/user/krazikilla/video/1941898/

(dont know whats wrong with the sound..)

lol, that was me in the white pickup, i had 18 kg of marijuana in there before terp landed on me tounge2.gif

Ouch! That has happened to me a few times in good ol' Nogville (for OFP).

Looks like a cool concept, I'll try it out when I get my hands on ArmA...

i agree, BUT, its stuff like this that should be stopped - sure its rpg but it's not a simulation, its still a game tbh

I can't think of any good reason to stop it.

Corruption of police adds a whole new dynamic to the game, and honestly, I haven't really seen anyone but myself and a few others doing it, so it's not making a serious negative impact on the game.

Keep in mind Jana, you are the one who told me that cops TKing each other is just "Role-Playing". rofl.gif

I think whiney, habitual cop players are going to destroy this mission, especially server admins who almost exclusively play cop.

Getting killed, bank being robbed, having to chase criminals is part of the mission, not an exploit of it. Sure, it sucks to get shot in the back by a civ, and I've had my fair share of temper tantrums about it, but in retrospect it's what makes the game interesting. I'd say I play cop about half the time, and sure it's harder to find civs without markers, but then again it's fun to have to track them down, as opposed to just checking my map for their icon. Likewise, it's fun for them because now they actually have a chance to escape.

On that note, I'd have to say I agree with toning down the weapons available to both teams. Give the cops more realistic "cop" weapons (Pistols, SMGs, M4) and vehicles (Cop Car, Offroad, Motorcycles, Gun Truck), and take away their military-grade weapons (AT, AA, Machine Guns, Satchels, Mines) and vehicles (Tanks!?, APCs, Blackhawks, Harriers). Likewise, give the civs more "Terrorist-Like" vehicles.

I can't think of any good reason to stop it.

Corruption of police adds a whole new dynamic to the game, and honestly, I haven't really seen anyone but myself and a few others doing it, so it's not making a serious negative impact on the game.

guess i been in too many games from the first start where cops drive all weapons to civs, it sucks, and no, it really does ruin the game.

corrupt cops, team killing, is fine - but giving away all ammo? nah.

thats like saying it would be fun and realistic if i rpg-ed a shop bomber and blew up all the shops in the game so no one could buy weapons.

guess i been in too many games from the first start where cops drive all weapons to civs, it sucks, and no, it really does ruin the game.

-snip-

thats like saying it would be fun and realistic if i rpg-ed a shop bomber and blew up all the shops in the game so no one could buy weapons.

AFAIK, you can't "Blow up all the shops". The flags are indestructible; no amount of bombs is going to make them go away.

And, if by "Ruin the game" you mean having to actually step away from the bank and chase criminals, then yeah, weapons have that effect.

I think there are better games for you. World of Warcraft has all the elements of a good RPG without those big scary things like guns, cars, crime, and sunlight.

Quote[/b] ]corrupt cops, team killing, is fine - but giving away all ammo? nah.

Oh lawd, I lol'd. Teamkilling cops is okay, but civs with smuggled guns isn't. rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]AFAIK, you can't "Blow up all the shops". The flags are indestructible; no amount of bombs is going to make them go away.

no u can't but that wasnt the point, the point was if u could, im sure u wouldnt be "wahh but its rpg!" like above.

Quote[/b] ]I think there are better games for you. World of Warcraft has all the elements of a good RPG without those big scary things like guns, cars, crime, and sunlight.

meh personal attacking because u got rightfully banned? rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]Oh lawd, I lol'd. Teamkilling cops is okay, but civs with smuggled guns isn't.

yas, because u can only roleplay up to a point. by your rationale a nuclear strike (ie hacker attack) on the map is "role player" rofl.gif

I have a question that I can't find an answer to in the long list of pages on the thread:

I am getting kicked from servers before I even get to the loading page, Jana with yours being one of them. It tells me one of two messages:

1. "You were kicked off the game". Nothing other than that.

2. Gave me a list of .pbo file extensions that said something about not being able to play there. Jana, your server was one of these.

What gives? How can I play on these servers? What do I have to do? Thanks!