Issetea

Sahrani Life

looked like an ammo bug to me, when one or two magazines don't fit and there's tons of duplicates everywhere on the ground. wish I had a pic of this. It happened to me at the terror camp and I believe I was loading a 4x4. We had RPG's and SVD mags all over the place; it looked just like OFP ammo bug. Funny thing was me and my cohert in crime thought we would be nice and pick it all up and ended up making even more of a mess when we overloaded yet another vehical lol.

Quote[/b] ]There is no ammobug in ArmA

just the ammo that doesnt fit in a crate will be outside now. nothing to worry about

Wrong iv seen a big bunch of ammo in spawn which had rpg. guns ammo.. everythink. even tho it mite not be laggy it still needs to be cleaned up so people dont go picking them up

Like people have been saying about goals.

Would be nice ot add like mini missions when the ammo truck spawns, where you get money for capturing it to take it to the terror hide out.

Add a script like if your a cop to dissarm but as a civ, if you get a terror licence you can take un-armed civs hostage and like the stun gun they fall to the floor, once the hostage has been taken he stands there hands in the air.

Add a script like in the cop base where a cop go's to prison if he tk's in his base - same for the civs respawn.

Here is the new Version changelog for the mission (The scripts aren't all done so this list may changes):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

- added: Bank cannot be used by other players after it has been robbed (for around 10 mins / until it can be robbed again)

- fixed: Player isn't able to use the Bank/ATMs after he robbed the bank

- fixed: Error which occured when a player who does not have a mobile phone tried to recieve an sms

- added: Free manually moveable camera for cops (Only at copbase; can be moved via dialog buttons or using W/S/A/D and Num+/Num- for zoom)

- fixed: When a player respawns while being in prison he will be arrested when he is alive again

- fixed: When a player disconnects while being in prison and reconnects before the game restarts he will be send to prison right after he spawned

- changed: Skoda in nearly every vehicleshop now

- added: Inventory Item: small repair kit (Can be used on small vehicles - cars - only and no license is needed)

- added: Interaction menu for Civ->Civ interaction: A civ can check another civs inventory or steal something from him when he is stunned or has his hands up (only if no cops are near - 20meters)

- fixed: Placed some "Wires" around the prison so players cannot escape that easily

- added: Cops can be watched on the Civ cam for free (cam is still only available for cops)

- added: Crimelog for cops: A dialoglist where the cop can see when a civ has done something illegal.

Saved crimes: Steal money; rob the bank; get in/out prison; escape from prison; die; Kill a civ or a cop, bombs, tickets

- removed: heavy Weapon and Vehicle shops removed - More Infos later

- changed: Ticket slider range changed to 100 - 100,000

- fixed: AI Workers can't drive into bases anymore (Cop workers can't enter Terror camp and Civ workers can't enter Cop base)

- added: Public hint when a bomb exploades (Showing the Civ who used the bomb)

- added: Added addons in the addon version: RH Pistol Pack (thanx to RobertHammer for the permission) - Weapons can be bought at the Handgun shop

- added: Cops spawn with the weapons and magazines they had when they died

- changed: No weapons in the cop crates; Weapons and Mags can be bought at the copshop

- added: Vehicles can be locked and unlocked via the action menu as long as the player has the key in his inventory

- changed: Cop siren has blue and red light

- added: Items can be stored at shops - WATCH OUT! The shop automatically sells some items each paycheck and will then have some money in it while the items are gone

- added: players can try to open other cars with lockpicks (the key will then be added to the inventory and the lock/unlock action will appear) - if the action fails the lockpick will be removed and the player won't get the key

- changed: moved some licenseflags and shops

- added: mayor is able set taxes for weapons, magazines, item,s vehicles, bank transfers

- added: mayor can set laws and is elected via a dialog available for all players at the mayor hall. Cops can also become the mayor.

- added: new inventory items: Donuts

- changed: Some licenseshops/Itemshops are moved

- changed: Added some default values for the laws for the time before the mayor has been elected

- added: Taxes which can be set by the mayor have a default value in the beginning so all prices are changed a little

Again i want to say that we are still looking for addon makers who want to work in a team with fewo and me and that we are also looking for some people who want to translate Sahrani Life into other languages.

PS: I also updated the first page with these information.

Greetings

Issetea

A lot of long-awaited changes there, im sure this will make alot of people go back to SL again.

Issetea and and fewo, your efforts are very appreciated smile_o.gif

Woohoo, can't wait to try this out. Is there a way we can create a list of dedicated SL players and host one huge event?

Quote[/b] ]- added: mayor is able set taxes for weapons, magazines, item,s vehicles, bank transfers

- added: mayor can set laws and is elected via a dialog available for all players at the mayor hall. Cops can also become the mayor.

- changed: Added some default values for the laws for the time before the mayor has been elected

- added: Taxes which can be set by the mayor have a default value in the beginning so all prices are changed a little

This sounds really close to have fun. Thank you for ur job. But I really doubt people will be driving to the city hall for voting. Maybe it will be better to add ability for voting in their own Stats window? Not everybody can take a risk to drive to the Bongago city if they are wanted, u know? Or some others will be just too lazy for doing this.

Woohoo, can't wait to try this out. Is there a way we can create a list of dedicated SL players and host one huge event?

@ IceBreaker check out Sahrani-life.com in the forums I started a poll/thread a few weeks a go to gauge the SL communities interest in a organized games. We have about 11 players who have stated interest in playing, availability is another question. The poll is done now but you can post in the thread:SL Organized gameplay thread.

Please add roadblocks around the medic tent at the Civ Hospital like you did at the Cop Base. People are driving over it to flatten it, and then it becomes unusable by anyone.

Some people were abusing the use of satchels to kill anyone, without any penalty for using them [ie: Bad cop placed satchels INSIDE civ hospital and blew people up when they spawned]. It is good that now people know who is doing it, but is it possible to have the penalty for killing unarmed civilians applied?

So there are no more ammo crates and you can only buy weapons at a shop? That is good... some people were satcheling the cop ammo crates making them disappear and ruining the mission.

Can the area that triggers the ammo truck entering the Terror Camp resupplying the camp be made much larger? Some people are abusing this to drive the truck AROUND the terror camp and then parking it between buildings so that cops cant get in to destroy the truck or bring it back, so all ammo shipments cease.

Some people lay mines on the road the ammo truck travels to destroy it each time it spawns, so if 30 are placed the truck will blow up 30 times before it finally can get back to base... so we have to manually drive in the truck. That's okay... but is it possible that cops can REMOVE the mines and satchels they find on the ground? Similiar to the "confiscate weapons" menu option we would like as cops in the case we find a weapons stash in Bagango [confiscate weapons should be as simple as DELETING the item we find on ground, nothing fancy needed].

----

Is there a way that a map can be restarted or reformed while keeping all the stats that people have earned?

There have been too many people who have just joined server that cry for a restart [or leave map within 15 minutes of bringing about the restart] without really caring that they are impacting the hours of work that some civilians have put into building themselves up.

This has led to more people playing cop than civilian, since the pain of a restart is felt less by cops than civilians... and then we have bored cops going overboard on the new civilians that join in order to keep themselves entertained...

oh, i forgot to mention one more confusing thing. The hunger goes from up to down ( from 100 to 0 ) but gasoline from 0 to 100. It's quite confusing, may be the scale should be the same for everything?

The bank robbery script could use some improvements.

Firstly, the money should not be taken from people's accounts until the robbery is actually complete (the robber gets the "escape because you are wanted" message). This will allow cops to shoot or arrest the robber while it's in progress, and save everyone's money.

Secondly, when a cop manages to catch a robber, there is no way to remove the stolen money if they refuse to pay a fine. If you arrest the bank robber, they keep their stolen money on them in jail. The only way to remove the stolen money is to kill them, which is bad if they surrender. I would suggest removing the "do you want to pay the fine" dialog for wanted civs, allowing cops to remove robbery money before they arrest a bank robber.

I would actually remove the fact it takes money from the entire server in the first place. If I go rob a bank, right now, everyone else's money is safe. While the game has bank insurance, I don't think it is realistic. Cops would have more to do if you could rob the bank without losing more you are gaining; or have everyone in the server lose 142K while you gain 70. No penalty for others means more will do it, more legit people for the Cops to chase which will give the cops more to do other than harass and kill people who are playing legit because they are bored, etc. Remove the server penalty, make that fool wanted, and let him face his consequences so the Police have someone to chase down.

Hmm I agree that 10 players losing 140k each so you can gain 70k doesn't really add up, but I do like the fact that bank robberies end up hated by all, and the bank robber becomes a villain smile_o.gif

Perhaps the maths just needs to be altered so that each player loses a little to make up the robbery money.

oh, i forgot to mention one more confusing thing. The hunger goes from up to down ( from 100 to 0 ) but gasoline from 0 to 100. It's quite confusing, may be the scale should be the same for everything?

no that's right for hunger, as it would increase as your hunger increases for food.

when hunger is at 0 you wouldn't be hungry/need to eat.

Here are some new things from the changelog of the new version:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

- added: new inventory item: Bag for removal of weapons which are placed on the ground (The bag and the weapons will dissappear when used)

- added: new inventory item: Bomb defuse kit to defuse bombs such as the arma stachel charge and mines

- added: Mayor gets 75% of the taxes (all players paid since the last paycheck arrived) with his own pacheck

- added: Stored items (Hideout and Shops) are saved now

- added: Hideout saved (You have it in you inventory after you reconnected)

Issetea, that is some good news regarding the hideout. What about the items stored inside the hideout, will those be saved to or do you plan on making it possible to have your items go with you when you reconnect / lose connection?

Thanks man!

The items will stay in the storage, so if you buy a shop and drop some money and other items in it then it will be still there after you reconnected.

Greetings

Issetea

Quote[/b] ]- added: Mayor gets 75% of the taxes (all players paid since the last paycheck arrived) with his own pacheck

here you go ! now it's getting really interesting. I really advise to add one more little thing - you can't become Mayor if u have ever been wanted in the game wink_o.gif In this case civs gonna be peaceful citizens if they playing to become a Mayor or they gonna be crime and headache for Mayor and police wink_o.gif

Here are some new things from the changelog of the new version:

- added: new inventory item: Bag for removal of weapons which are placed on the ground (The bag and the weapons will dissappear when used)

- added: new inventory item: Bomb defuse kit to defuse bombs such as the arma stachel charge and mines

- added: Mayor gets 75% of the taxes (all players paid since the last paycheck arrived) with his own pacheck

- added: Stored items (Hideout and Shops) are saved now

- added: Hideout saved (You have it in you inventory after you reconnected)

notworthy.gif

THANK YOU!

Don't add this please, it is quite unrealistic and makes bombs useless, as the point of using bombs is that you stay undetected.

You allready need engineer training for them, so it's rather hard to get them and then "nerf" them even more?  confused_o.gif

One time a carbomb exploded at the hospital, cops then told every civ to stop and searched the vehicles... if they now know instantly who used a bomb they can set him wanted without any actual investigation (=easy mode) confused_o.gif .

Don't add this please, it is quite unrealistic and makes bombs useless, as the point of using bombs is that you stay undetected.

You allready need engineer training for them, so it's rather hard to get them and then "nerf" them even more?  confused_o.gif

if they now know instantly who used a bomb they can set him wanted without any actual investigation (=easy mode) confused_o.gif .

I would agree.

One time a carbomb exploded at the hospital, cops then told every civ to stop and searched the vehicles... if they now know instantly who used a bomb they can set him wanted without any actual investigation (=easy mode) confused_o.gif .

actually that all details for those, who is bored to play or playing as terrorists wink_o.gif Issetea has already almost finished civ peaceful game logic line for Mayor. There are a lot of things to do but still, it's good step for the beginning. Right after he finishes it I believe he will try to create same logic game play lines for crime and terrorists and then, there will be no need to explode bombs without reasons wink_o.gif At least, starting from the next version, about 20% of gamers will not be making stupid stuff in the game since there will need protection of the police to reach game goal - to be Mayor wink_o.gif

But personally I really believe there shouldn't be any markers for those, who explode bombs or rob banks. It's all not realistic.

You allready need engineer training for them, so it's rather hard to get them and then "nerf" them even more? confused_o.gif

What you need to understand is that griefers have been abusing this.

You're a peaceful citizen, walking along, and suddenly YOU ARE KILLED. You don't know who. All it says is that [You] was killed.

It then happens again, and again, and again....

Someone's playing with satchels, blowing people up "spree-killing" style, WITHOUT ANY PENALTY.

Those people can really ruin a server, as it causes people to be upset and leave.

Wanna get mad? Get mad at those griefers, not Issetea.

You can't abuse the bombs that much though. You have to travel all the way to the terrorcamp, get flagged as wanted by entering it, and then stock up the bombs. Then you have to hope you don't get arrested or killed on the journey back to Bagango, making you lose all the bombs. Then you have to buy an engineer license and plant your bombs, all the time not getting arrested or killed.

Tbh I haven't even seen the carbombs be used much since they were only buyable at the terror camp. And when one does go off, it's amusing and theres a mystery about who did it.