Issetea

Sahrani Life

The new official version still isn't better than some of the edited ones. The official one needs at least the features i mentioned before.

Ive been playing on Jana's server for the last 3 days and

-ATM is @ hospital, Main Bank @ city Hall

-No Markers outside towns

-Very Manageable Food System. Food is priced decently and you don't starve out easily. restaurants have been added through out map.

-Never Lacked cash as a copa

-Dunno what to do about lost inventory

-Never lacked a vehicle as a cop

-Been with out a vehicle for to long as a civ

-Add additional buildings around towns, especially Bagango.

-I think if a civ kills anyone the killers respawn time should increase. Dieing should also bring a small cumulative increase in respawn time.

Its my favorite version so far. Lag at the 5-6 hour mark is the issue currently but its still tons of fun. In 3-4 hrs I can usually make Mayor and start implementing my economic and social reforms for the Sahrani people!

I like the Version 1.02JT mostly, and then comes the SLVersion 1.11

And on KH Servers was a john who flaimed and get banned, I want to tell you that there is a "faker" John, who want to gimme a bad imagne.

I never played on KH Servers before, I wrote a Mail to OnemanShow but it seems that it takes time until he reply confused_o.gif

-There needs to be an ATM at the Civ Hospital instead of the bank itself. The Bank needs to be inside of a building so cops can't just camp it and snipe anyone that robs it. I've played an edited version using the large hotel building.(give the robbers a fighting chance)

With all due respect, I disagree here. I think there needs to be more emphasis placed on getting robbing the bank out of the scenario completely. While it is fun, the robbers do have a fighting chance. I like how bank insurance is able to be purchased now, but I think it is far too common for civs to rob the bank, and that is mostly due to the lack of a respectful source of income that allows Workplaces and Shops to be purchased.

Speaking of Shops and Workplaces, I thinkt he money they generate is far too little. You pay 120G's for all of them, and now get no more than 5 grand a check. That is 24 checks, times three minutes, you are looking at close to a hour and a half just to recover the money you spent. I think it has been made too much more of a option to go rouge now that the return value has been decresed from close to 13K a check, to 5K.

-There needs to be an ATM at the Civ Hospital instead of the bank itself. The Bank needs to be inside of a building so cops can't just camp it and snipe anyone that robs it. I've played an edited version using the large hotel building.(give the robbers a fighting chance)

With all due respect, I disagree here.  I think there needs to be more emphasis placed on getting robbing the bank out of the scenario completely.  While it is fun, the robbers do have a fighting chance.  I like how bank insurance is able to be purchased now, but I think it is far too common for civs to rob the bank, and that is mostly due to the lack of a respectful source of income that allows Workplaces and Shops to be purchased.

Speaking of Shops and Workplaces, I thinkt he money they generate is far too little.  You pay 120G's for all of them, and now get no more than 5 grand a check.  That is 24 checks, times three minutes, you are looking at close to a hour and a half just to recover the money you spent.  I think it has been made too much more of a option to go rouge now that the return value has been decresed from close to 13K a check, to 5K.

I agree...

The small hideout costs now 20.000 (I don't see a point in buying the bigger ones), so you need to play more then 40 minutes until it becomes effective.

And to get the 20.000 you have to do some delivery missions which take ~20 minutes. Doing just delivery missions instead is no option, as you need a steady income, otherwise you can't do other things (buying drugs, planting that bomb, killing that cop... blabla)

After about 30 minutes you can finally buy drugs... (which is where 3 hideout-checks have passed), which is enough for 3x 3000$ drugs. But even this is horrible weak, as you get just +1000$ for each drug.

Add that all the prices have been doubled or trippled since the last version, the need for crime can't be stopped (which isn't that bad, imho  whistle.gif )

This mod has inspired my first post on the forum and at the risk of looking like an idiot and reposting previously (and commonly) posted ideas I'm just going to layout my thoughts.

One of the key things I notice in games of SL is people playing version 1.02 to which is worse than 1.11 in every way but one. Food. I don't know if any of you have ever played The Ship by Valve but if you haven't it involved having to eat and take care of needs. That was the major problem with it. You became so preoccupied with needs you didn't pay attention the game and attention to it dwindled. Every time you wanted to do something it was a "well I could complete my objective but then x would happen because I need to fulfill x need." Now even if it is only food this is disastrous for a game. At the very least listen to the players and remove food. Remember at its core this is a FPS not the Sims.

One of the second points I have noticed is being killed off of spawn. It sucks and it happens so I have one idea. What about including some form of melee combat? That way a civ who has not had a gun yet can try and fight back or tackle another. Several times I have respawned to find a robber above me telling me I'm going to get killed unless I transfer all my money. Obviously I choose to get killed for the most part as I prefer to wait 120 or so seconds at that point then lose my fortune which I spent several hours building. However if I had a form of melee combat I could rush and have maybe a 25% chance of disarming them. Hell just letting civs attempt to disarm other civs with maybe a 25% chance to succeed. It could even add in a gym where a civ could pay for training to raise the probability to 50%. Surely there have been times when people have charged and caught a gunman off-guard and been able to disarm him? It isn't probable but image a massed rush. I just think this is a necessary tactic.

My next complaint is the lack of south Sahrani. There is nothing there and to be honest I think the terrain of the south is just as interesting as the first. Gradual integration could begin. Just a couple of shops and such. Imagine a chase in Pariso. It is the largest city in the game and I think the game should eventually be moved to center in Parisio.

A fourth complain is total cop abuse. I understand it is in some people's nature to role play or occasionally TK but what do you do about cops who break the game but ordering hands for no reason and shoot to kill if you don't obey within 5 seconds? For this I propose a third faction. This would be the civilian faction not the independent faction. This would be a judge. They would have the ability to enforce the laws and curb cop abuses by putting cops in jail. Abuses could be curbed from the judge faction by allowing the civilians to arrest them by majority vote, or the cops with a 3/4 vote.

A fifth and most minor complaint is clothes. Some of the civ clothes that are in the game I find are quite ugly. Is there any way these clothes could be selected at the begining of entering? I know for a fact that I have reentered a game about 5 times once as a civ just to be able to get decent looking clothes. This isn't a big deal it would just be nice.

My sixth complaint is a bit bigger. I don't know how to fix it either because to be honest there isn't much you can do. Now I'm a tad obsessive and I have played on a server for 5-7 hours at a time. This means I normally have a great fortune. However what happens when a server dies? There is nothing quite like after playing for 5 hours having a server die and then restart as an entirely new civ on a separate server completely poor. I see no way to fix it but still it is a complain and perhaps you could find a way to fix it. Perhaps the game could leave a temporary cookie of sorts on your game file which would be automatically deleted if the game has not been played for 3 hours? This would prevent people from playing a super character but still allow them to change servers with ease.

My seventh complain has to do with my experiences as a cop. As a cop I find it remarkably hard to be nice an give warning. I try to but too many times when I do it I end up shot. So if I react off the fly I get a negative kill which is annoying. Is there anyway you could make it so that cops can set a wanted on the fly? That way most proper cop kills would get marked as such. What would be even better is to give that power to maybe only one cop who could perhaps be elected. Then on the fly kills could be made. Another potential situation would be to have the default wanted acts list expanded but also made optional. That way the cops could change it about.

My eight complaint comes from my experience as a civilian. There is nothing more annoying then not being able to keep all your money in the bank. The limit on money in the bank should be totally revoked. I really don't see the need for it.

My ninth and final complaint comes from my experience as a terrorist. Please get rid of the suicide bomb warning. It makes it too easy and gets rid of the surprise. It really sucks hitting suicide bomb and being shot before detonation. Another terrorist complaint is the location of the base. It is on a road that has drugs and the base and the cops always block it. It should be near some other place. Perhaps you could place a workplace nearby?

I would like the stress how much I love this mod though. Please continue development. And for anyone who is curious I play under the name Orange_Chimera.

So finally-

goodnight.gif

If you use a suicide bomb, which blows in 5 seconds, it does NOT go off if you are shot before that 5 seconds.

I don't think that's good... eventually the cop response to any suicide bomb will be to shoot any civilians near or inside a car on sight.

Cops should be running for cover instead! That's a lot more fun.

So I agree with the above poster on this one.

The point of Sahrani life is to Role-Play and to commit crimes. Otherwise there is no point to the police being there.

ATM should be in Terror camp. The point of Terror Camp, to me, is to use it as a base similar to that of the Police. All the amenities the Police have, the Terrorists should have, when they are in the base.

I want more places to rob and to have robbery be more of a group activity. I think this could be done by the counting the amount of robbers are in a zone and giving them loot by number of gang members in zone by how long. I also think that gangs should be different from guilds in that they cannot hold political power since they are outlaw by nature.

I know I have brought out to have the ability to spawn at your hideout, and I know it was shot down, but I do think something should be done to either close off spawn killing or allowing alternate spawn sites. The only place Cops cannot go is the Terror area (which needs a ATM), so maybe the ability to spawn there? Or make the Civ Hospital off limits to cops?

I know I have brought out to have the ability to spawn at your hideout, and I know it was shot down, but I do think something should be done to either close off spawn killing or allowing alternate spawn sites. The only place Cops cannot go is the Terror area (which needs a ATM), so maybe the ability to spawn there? Or make the Civ Hospital off limits to cops?

bad ideas really

the point of u dying is to start your "new life", not to spawn back to your guns at hideout or as a terrorist again. the death penalties need to be high for civs.

having an atm at a terror camp sounds ridiculous

making civ hospital off limit to cops causes more problems, as a robber can hide inside, civs can shoot at cops from inside and so on

besides, just play on a server were an admin doesnt let idiots spawn camp.

Half the fun is sneaking into the terro with 200K in cash tapped to your body after you robbed the bank with cops combing the surrounding country side. I also agree that deaths should carry a high penalty. It deters people from using suicide like a teleport system and it makes you very protective of your life. Is your life worth 10 kilos of grass if not you might as well surrender. But dont whine when the cop shoots you during pursuit (as long as they warned in global).

I think one of the major problems is abuse of the "new life" rule. For example it would most certainly be a violation in my opinion if one is to shoot a civ during pursuit and then on respawn be arrested or shot. Another argument I will make for putting in a default melee weapon of sorts. Also I encountered a weird bug in 1.11. I started the game and a bunch of random friendly T-72's spawned. Perhaps a miswired invasion?

BTW if you did not see that already - the first page was updated to version 1.12 yesterday. Here's the changelog:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

- fixed: "Set unwanted" works

- fixed: Some minor performance improvements

- changed: Siren light adjusted

- changed: flaglight adjusted

- fixed: Giving keys to other players works

- fixed: Stun Error fixed (found in debug version only)

- changed: More chars for SMS, Guild names, Laws -> such as: ( ) :; ^ * + - /

- fixed: Hideout storage slider adjusted

- fixed: Hunger set to 0 when arrested

- added: Cops will be arrested and send to a small prison(-hangar) in the cop base when spawn killing (or when killing more than 5 cops)

- fixed: Vehicles won't get deleted when placed in the ammo crate hangar or on the "H"s in the police base

- added: Action added to the Helipad at prison -> Able to teleport to the main island (only until the choppers work again)

- added: Roadblocks will automatically be moved when no player is withint 300 meters

- added: Cops have GPS by default

- fixed: Civ20 is visible in all dialogs now

- changed: adjusted some prices

- changed: Stun bullet only exists for three seconds to limit the range

- changed: Cop and Civ - licenses are saved seperately now

I'm now working on the next version. As i already mentioned before there will be an addon version of Sahrani Life in the future, so i'm looking for some nice addons to include (with signatures).

If you want to see some addons in the mission post your suggestions here :). If you are an addon maker and would like to help me please leave me PM.

(Please don't post addons such as tanks or rocket launchers - the addon should be something which fits to the mission -> Police vehicles, swat units...)

I played 1.12 for at least 4 hours last night and had a blast! Nice to see all the fixes to an already outstanding piece of work. Keep it up.

Jana's server has been up running the same mission of V1.12 for over 24 hours right now frigging cool. Bagango is a lil tore up but still running smooth!

Suggestions:

- I would like to see variants of cop cars

- Different Civ Uni's

- Stanag Ammo in Heavy Weapon log at Masbete

- Swat Uniforms

- Ability to "LEvel" up, meaning, more authority / power or weapons available at cheaper prices or something.

- Maybe Mayor identifies as "BlueFor" when appointed so he can no longer see Civ chat and, since he is the mayor, can be in on civ chat. Mayor should also have the ability to arrest and detain, including punishment for cops.

- I know some of the heavy hitters on the SL Scene don't like it, but I would like the ability to spawn elsewhere, including a hideout. Not everybody will instantly be a terrorist when they respawn. I think it is wrong to lump everyone into that category.

- More jobs available, including someone able to repair damaged buildings.

- Separate Guilds from Gangs.

1.12 is great... having the lag bug fixed is a BLESSING.

***THE SLA ATTACK ON BAGANGO happened 24 hours after server start yesterday*** so it appears to be around that time.

STUN PISTOLS need to be worked on. I killed 2 civilians with it too easily.... it appears that I have to shoot their legs to stun them, but if they are running and since the pistol is only one shot per reload, when I go for the body to make an accurate shot (and not the head) they do die a little too often.

It is for this reason I went back to using flares, but it seems they do not stun anymore...

So I switched to civilian... didn't enjoy killing civilians when I didn't want to.

The stun gun definitely needs to be fixed and some clearer laws need to be added. I was kicked off a server because the damn stungun killed at range when I aimed at chest. Also it does too much damage. What if you want to stun a heavily wounded civ? Then you end up killing them.

Also is there any rules you can set down for a basic city in a codified way? Or guidelines. For example I shot a running man who misheard me with a stungun and it oddly worked and I jailed him for 5 minutes. While that may be harsh it is hardly fair that I was once jailed for 10 minutes for blocking a cops way by being in front of his vehicle when he could have easily gone to the side.

Suggestions:

- I would like to see variants of cop cars

- Different Civ Uni's

- Stanag Ammo in Heavy Weapon log at Masbete

- Swat Uniforms

- Ability to "LEvel" up, meaning, more authority / power or weapons available at cheaper prices or something.

- Maybe Mayor identifies as "BlueFor" when appointed so he can no longer see Civ chat and, since he is the mayor, can be in on civ chat. Mayor should also have the ability to arrest and detain, including punishment for cops.

- I know some of the heavy hitters on the SL Scene don't like it, but I would like the ability to spawn elsewhere, including a hideout. Not everybody will instantly be a terrorist when they respawn. I think it is wrong to lump everyone into that category.

- More jobs available, including someone able to repair damaged buildings.

- Separate Guilds from Gangs.

If you don't like the idea of being able to spawn at hideout, what about the ability to buy current map houses or buy houses like you do in the inventory that only allow you to spawn, bank, and heal? No weapons crates and you can debate on whether or not you want the ability to "STORE" items from inventory or leave that strictly for hideouts.

yeh houses thing was said wayyy back on page 20 or something

that would work as a spawn

and it give cops something more to do like house searches etc.

Page 20? Yikes, sorry. good idea, whomever thought of it. Gives you an option for spawn point and option for "Bad Guy" stuff, though I have seen it used equally for good things. You can collect interest on a house for income assistance too smile_o.gif