Issetea

Sahrani Life

rofl.gif Too bad ARMA does not have the bicycles like in ofp. They would be good for a free vehicle once you get out of jail or when you first spawn.

Might be a good idea for an addon............... whistle.gif

rofl.gif Too bad ARMA does not have the bicycles like in ofp. They would be good for a free vehicle once you get out of jail or when you first spawn.

Might be a good idea for an addon............... whistle.gif

Yeahh... cool...

Your post reminds me of the "gyrocopter" addon, recently released for Arma... that would be a "air vehicle" ModaFlanker demanded.....

Here:Copter rofl.gifnotworthy.gif

And, did you ever see a single Server where this feature was activated?

Last night. 9th Infantry server. Teleporter script set to on. Cost 55,000 so it was only usable by those who had played long enough.

Quite simply, "realism" is not a valid reason here. If it were, we'd have to make changes to Sahrani Life to make it more "realistic" that it would become unrealistic to play because it wouldn't be any fun. ie: You die, that's it. You cant play no more until everyone else has died. Thats realistic, but plain silly.

If the cop base was in Paraiso, the Cops would be upset about having to drive all the way to Bagango (and back for ammo and other stuff).

Hey would it be possible to add a repair function at gas stations. I know you can buy a kit but you can also buy a can to refuel. It would be cool if you could get repair & refuel in one package.

Hey would it be possible to add a repair function at gas stations. I know you can buy a kit but you can also buy a can to refuel. It would be cool if you could get repair & refuel in one package.

Well, when you need repairs on a vehicle, that vehicle has usually lost its mobility anyway, thats why its smart to stock up on rep packs...

You should be able to spawn at your hideout when you die, i cant see how that is any less realistic than spawning with everybody else on the civ spawn

Heres the reason why I and some others have wanted teleporting...

It is a MAJOR DRAG on the game to be killed, spawn at the hospital, and think, "Ugh. Drive all the way out to Masbete/Pita/Terror camp again?"

Especially if you've been playing a long time as a civilian and have enough cash to do something about it, but cant since there are no options.

So the ability to purchase an air vehicle at Bagango or the ability to spawn at a hideout should seriously be considered, if you all are SERIOUS about removing Teleporting.

You can Teleport?

Please make it an option to spawn at hideout. Add-on, remove hospital, destroyed hideout, whatever you have to do (you have proven extremely good obviously), but I hate driving alllll the way to, well, all over the place after I die.

Just to add, I think there should be an option to destroy a hideout too. As it stands now, you blow up a worthless tent and nothing. Cops should be on the look out for hideouts, destroy them and their weapons cache as a deterrent to keep spawning at the hideouts a premium.

okay, then I want that I just fall down (like stun weapon) when I got 100 hunger. then must come a medic team (new job for civillians) and they earn money to heal me

Before i start, players connecting causing "lag spikes" that is described earlier is almost always caused by custom files (eg face). I don't know how big 1.10 is, but if the mission is BIG (with sounds like sirens), the server having to "pause" a few moments to get that to the player, then sync up hours and hours of play with said player (every knocked over tree etc) its gonna lag spike. if the admins could get a '#monitor' and note FPS when 1.10 gets busy after a while, would point out stress times.

Main point,

everyone wants something different obviously, so I ain't gonna add to that, but my 1 wish for this project is for the Mission editors, scripters etc, both original and pro's to work together a bit more, and to take on board the summary of suggestions that Mr.G-C comes up with, and if 1 guy don't have the time or the know how, its time to compile and pass the build over to the next guy who does, instead of going ahead regardless with an idea people are against and then only having it released half done.

It's not a time for blame, the creators, ported over from ofp or not, have done a wicked job, and the length & detail of this thread proves that. The worst thing that could happen to this is 8000 different half baked edits running all over the shop.

You have a good team, and a great community. No you can't stop people pulling apart a mission and making changes, but if you go with the flow, and use the (extended maybe) team and pass builds around between you with someone Like Mr G-c letting ppl know how its going. And when u think its ready, Janas seems very willing with her server, give it a run, let it fill up (don't kick the first guy who fires a shot rofl.gif ) and one of more of team stick about to find out what if any bugs remain.

Im currently creating a Forum for Sahrani Life, because i think that this single Thread is totally messed up and very unclear...

I hope until tomorrow im finished, but i need some Pictures/Screenshots of Armed-Assault or even Better Sahrani-Life should to be see on it.

A cool picture would be a civ with his hands-up in front of the Civ-Spawn, while a cop aims on the civ...

Please if you have any pictures from it for me, P/M me.

Regards, Christian

Just gonna add my opinion on the markers.  

Personaly I like the way Jana has it atm.  Visible only in towns, and when close to police.

Sure, it makes it easier for randoms to snipe the bank, but if the cops are working together, its not a problem.  If you ask me its kinda dumb to know where anyone is at any given time.

Markers make it easier for cops to run around with no organization like idiots. lol.  If they are organized theres no problem.  "team 1 take bank, team 2 ammo truck, team 3 roadblock at drugs."  Well, you get the idea.  Rather then them scattering to pick up red markers, while the one guy on the team thats at the bank gets shot.  pistols.gif

On that note, I can't wait for voip.  It's gonna make pub play, esspecialy on this map, so awesome.  If cops work together, assign a commander/chief, it makes them a force to be reckoned with.  

I agree with you, Maciver, and really wants this way of civilian marking.

I also hope that more and more people try to use their Voice ingame option (the in-built Mic thingy)...its is just so awesome to talk with people in this mission! Just like in real life! have conversations and ask the cops for help and so on! It just makes the mission much more immersive and living!

I use it frequently, and all the guys I talk to appreciate that I do, and I really appreciate others doing it as well!

Really? The only time i have seen anyone using ingame voice was when some twat decided to spam crappy rap music tounge2.gif

Really? The only time i have seen anyone using ingame voice was when some twat decided to spam crappy rap music tounge2.gif

Absolutely!

I think until 1.09 comes out with that really amazing "direct-talk" feature, we should not use the In game Voice in Sahrani-Life, as we would rather annoying the other players (because all players here what you saying).

Regards, Christian

Or the Allah-Akbar chants, stupid laughs, etc. Unless there is another program that does that nonsense.

My Idea is that I just fall down (like stun weapon) when I got 100 hunger. then must come a medic team (new job for civillians) and they earn money to heal me

Or the Allah-Akbar chants, stupid laughs, etc.  Unless there is another program that does that nonsense.

Thats part of the server you join.  Atleast I don't think it's client side.  And is triggered by typing something specific into global chat.

I just assumed the voice chat was fubar, cause that is what everyone is saying, and I've never heard anyone use it.  Therefor, I never even tried it.  lol

Do the side channels work? That would be nice for general team stuff.  Although direct speak is really needed.  Imagine what a nightmare global is gonna be lol.

EDIT: This is what global will sound like in the near future. Just add the word cops after everything he says. hah

in the cop-base , it shouldn´t be possible to build roadblocks.

because some stupid player they want to ruin the game can place it at the entrance and infront of the medic-tent (spwn-point).

in that case the mission is screwed.

also it happend that i lock up the vehicle, it was still there when i went back, but when i unlocked it it disaperd.. that was really anoying me, because i had to walk back........ !!!

but i like the mission with sirius player, manly on jana´s server wink_o.gif

greetz

themaster

Im currently creating a Forum for Sahrani Life, because i think that this single Thread is totally messed up and very unclear...

I hope until tomorrow im finished, but i need some Pictures/Screenshots of Armed-Assault or even Better Sahrani-Life should to be see on it.

A cool picture would be a civ with his hands-up in front of the Civ-Spawn, while a cop aims on the civ...

Please if you have any pictures from it for me, P/M me.

Regards, Christian

The Forum is finished now, but i need still a head-image...

When i have that image, i will make the URL public and i hope to see all of you guys there soon...

Of course also Issetea and Fewo! biggrin_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Currently i asked jana, to be my "co-admin" or in other words a team Member... also im searching for some Moderators then...

Best Regards, Christian

Well, I don't mean to be rude, the 1.10 was a complete flop. You managed to add more bugs and increase lag. I just spent 15 minutes trying to connect to a server running 1.10 (I left to make food, didn't hover over the computer the whole time wink_o.gif ), and only made it as far as the "Receiving Data" screen. I left and connected to a 1.02 server within just a few seconds, so the problem is no on my side.

With that said, the one game that I actually did get in to play was quite nice. I love the updated buying system (Finally can buy magazines in bulk), the new bank location, I'm somewhat happy with the sirens (Although the sound is bad and I don't know why you didn't have an on/off switch instead of a timed siren), the higher prices for items (Seems to reduce clutter, and I didn't feel a great impact playing as a civ), and the cellphones (Great not worrying about snitches on the team anymore).

I haven't tried the guild system yet, and I fear I may never be able to, as any server running 1.10 is impossible to connect to. However, if you can manage to fix the lag problems, and actually release the new version this year, I think it will be a great update.

Well, I don't mean to be rude, the 1.10 was a complete flop. You managed to add more bugs and increase lag. I just spent 15 minutes trying to connect to a server running 1.10 (I left to make food, didn't hover over the computer the whole time  wink_o.gif ), and only made it as far as the "Receiving Data" screen. I left and connected to a 1.02 server within just a few seconds, so the problem is no on my side.

With that said, the one game that I actually did get in to play was quite nice. I love the updated buying system (Finally can buy magazines in bulk), the new bank location, I'm somewhat happy with the sirens (Although the sound is bad and I don't know why you didn't have an on/off switch instead of a timed siren), the higher prices for items (Seems to reduce clutter, and I didn't feel a great impact playing as a civ), and the cellphones (Great not worrying about snitches on the team anymore).

I haven't tried the guild system yet, and I fear I may never be able to, as any server running 1.10 is impossible to connect to. However, if you can manage to fix the lag problems, and actually   release the new version this year, I think it will be a great update.

LOL i remeber Stany snitching on you during the game, rofl.gif

Back to topic:

we need more legit and front type busineses, and sorta like a truck company that could trade legit goods as well as illegal things

and u could have AI drivers for them, i know it would lagg up alot so there should be like max 2 drivers for ur business,

and the cops should be able to like stop and search them,

The bus waypoint/script should be only activated when someone is near that area so there would be less load on the server

also those scripts in the cities (shops etc) should be activated when you come near them so that it will also reduce the load,

This might even cut down the lagg i presume

but i need some Pictures/Screenshots of Armed-Assault or even Better Sahrani-Life should to be see on it.

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd85/magicAAA/Sahrani%20Life/

^^ No uber1337 gfx settings, sporadic updates

My favourite sofar: I see you more! biggrin_o.gif

Thank you very much... i used em...

Forum is up, and everybody is welcome to join... no spam restrictions, no nothing!!

Its there for a better overview on issues, suggestions, etc....

AND: Just for a normal talk on everything else....

Videos from 47 different hosters like youtube,stage6,etc. get automatically embed'

Forum URL:

SAHRANI-LIFE FORUMS

Everybody is welcome to join!

And as mentioned before, i then search for moderators/global moderators.

Regards, Christian

Good initiative, should be easier to direct noobs to that address when addon maps comes..

Good initiative, should be easier to direct noobs to that address when addon maps comes..

Yes thank you... i've p/m you a message over there with a nice offer wink_o.gif

Also i've got here another download-mirror :

Sahrani-Life.com Mirror

And again, Issetea and Fewo, please register over there. biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

Regards, Christian