Issetea

Sahrani Life

Quote[/b] ]Woahh Mr. G C mate, chill out :O

I am cool, really cool... Sometimes it could happen that i take things to seriously - but what would you think if you do much work to make something good better(not directly, but mainly by collecting, then suggesting and finally discuss things with the dev's) and then finally you feel somehow like "kicked in the ass"? I have "sacrificed" (without that anybody told me) much time in collecting suggestions from other players for additional content, minor tweaks and changes and told them nearly all directly Issetea and often had long discussions with him about certain things.

Also i made the Siren-sounds and the new Flag-Textures for 1.10 just because i really love this mission - you understand?

But somehow it seems that if they incorporate new features, they don't to it always very well/complete or as good as for example other players (like TeRp) does it. Examples:

Sirens, SMS-Messages, etc.

Also i cant understand it, that on the one side, they tell they have no time, on the other side they denied every attempt to help with scripting, but (at least)Issetea is working on a new, complex scripted RPG-Coop mission to compete with Evolution... Now tell me if that isn't ridiculous? I know they don't "have-to" do anything for us, but wouldn't it be better to first finish (or at least massively improve the core-issues of) a already public and most played mission?

Quote[/b] ]At the end of the day, Issetea and Fewo dont owe us anything.

What has this to do with it? It doesn't matter if they "owe" us anything or not...

Quote[/b] ]They made the map for the community

Exactly this is it, but if you read for example the part in my post called "Just a few examples with what you answered me:", it is somehow very ridiculous to not change such small things for a way better improvement.

Quote[/b] ]they're not going to purposefully ruin it, you make suggestions, they'll look into them.

Why should they ruin it with that suggestion my friend? Those suggestions are really needed (not only by me!wink_o.gif.

Please keep in mind that most of the suggestions I post here/told Issetea private during endless private talks, are mostly collected by me from the so called "Sahrani Life Community", which means by the frequently players of this mission.

Quote[/b] ]But they dont *have* to do everything we tell them.

That is absolutely right, but isn't it better for the whole "SL-Community" if they incorporate really needed and often asked-for suggestions? Not only suggestions by means additional features, no! Just look at the few examples which i post in the post at "Just a few examples with what you answered me:".

It mostly angers me about minor changes which would really improve the overall mission.

Please think also about my standpoint, before taking again party of the developers-side.

Kind Regards, Christian

agreed, but at the moment it means your to constircted. hunger should be over a longer period of time, and food should be available at every shop on the map. at the moment you have to travel all the way back to the city.

Eating is good because that adds another RPG element and gives players something to do instead of plain killing. This mission is about RPG!

inlove.gif

Quote[/b] ]they don't to it always very well/complete

I guess that's because we add new things to the mission AND fix bugs at the same time while other scriptors just add some minor things.

Quote[/b] ]not change such small things for a way better improvement.

As i said in one of my last post we are adding small things to the mission.

Quote[/b] ]complex scripted RPG-Coop

As you said it is an _RPG_-Coop mission which means that i write scripts for Sahrani Life and can use them in another mission. As a result i'll try to find the bugs in Sahrani Life, fix them and after that i'm able to copy the script into another folder. Not much time is used for that. BTW i have to admit that i've never really played Evolution but it's not an RPG Coop Mission is it?

Quote[/b] ]"Just a few examples with what you answered me: ..."

Of course i started telling you that we will add nothing, after you told me everything (that was already on our list and posted in this topic) more than 1 time a day, because i wanted the spam to stop.

In Version 1.10 we have added a lot of wishes which were posted in this topic and we still do not stop working on this mission and are including and fixing things. We still have a lot on our TODO list but we are working hard for the community.

The only reason for the bad start of Version 1.10 seems to be the lag when a player connects and the NULL-Object error.

ok, yesterday I played that mission for a couple of hours and found Guild bug very bad. It doesn't allow to colculate points ( what this freaking points for any way?) and fight for gang area 1. It always says - "there is another leader of guild in the area" or something like "it's not the time". There is also no any instructions in the brifing so I had no idea what i'm doing wrong.

I was also very dissapointed that Governer ( and because of the guild bug problem I couldn't try how it works ) can be only leader of the guilds. So, there is no peacful way of democratic voting, you can became leader of the island only breaking the law and fighting in gang area. This sounds extreamly stupid for me but well, me and other people on this forum were suggested hundred of good ideas but the creaters did it their way. So, now if cops fight vs you because you are crime you have chance always revange one day when you became Governer. There is also no point of joining other guilds since u never become Governer then. Any way, all this warries once was said by me on this forum long before 1.1 came out. I really believe the creaters of the mission should listen people on the forum or other way there is no point of opening this topic at all.

The suggestion I could add to the mission is - corporations/companies. I really didn't want to say about this idea since I said once about Governor ( with full describtion how it should work right way ) and creaters of the mission made "sh it" of it. Something is telling me they can make "sh it" of companies/corporations too but at least I can try.

So the idea is - any civ can buy stores/farm/car dealership etc and get money from selling stuff there. Only one civ can owns one trade place ( not like other shops all people can have ). For example - civ1 has car dealership at Bangago. He gets his 10% for every car other civs purchase there. Same stuff for food, weapon and (maybe?) entertament.

And please, PLEASE, rename this stupid "GUILD" name to "PARTY" ( if u will make voting for Governmant democratic way ) or to "GANG" ( if it stays like it is ). There is no such name as "GUILD" in english for fighting groups for power. Guild is middle ages exchange of rich traders/merchants.

@ Mr G C: Im not taking sides mate, there shouldnt be two sides anyway. Im just making you aware that at the end of the day it is their map, they do all this for nothing but our appreciation, so we should probably lay off them for a bit, im sure they'll get round to fixing/adding the stuff you mentioned if they deem it necessary wink_o.gif

Issetea,

Is there a way to make it an option to spawn in your hideout? I admit to knowing absolute zero about code, so I am wondering if this request for the add-on is even possible?

It helps eliminate the spawn killing and arresting, and enables you to utilize the efforts you have made into preparing your hideout to be your, "Hideout".

Great mission, thanks for your work man.

Hunger is shit!

Hunger is shit!

It cannot be that I cannot hide in my castle for long because I got no Fish! banghead.gif

Its more important that I become a fish support as weapons!!

That is shit!

Everytime I must flee, because I'm going low of fish status!!!

But often I cannot flee, because the cops surround me and let me hunger!

Boy, how old are you? icon_rolleyes.gif

Great mission, love what youve brought to the game!

I just wish it was a bit easier to make easy money wink_o.gif

Also it would be nice if when i placed my roadbloack or hideout i could choose where I place it by using the mouse or aiming with your weapon. dont know if thats possible but would be nice wink_o.gif!

Quote[/b] ]Is there a way to make it an option to spawn in your hideout? I admit to knowing absolute zero about code, so I am wondering if this request for the add-on is even possible?

That should be possible, but i think that we would have to add an extra option to remove the hideout if the player wants to spawn at the hospital again.

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]they don't to it always very well/complete

I guess that's because we add new things to the mission AND fix bugs at the same time while other scriptors just add some minor things.

I also think its because of this, and i know this from my own at my early days in business.

But i can give you my "mature" advice to really do one thing after each other.

Better be a bit more active here in this thread and confirm or say that you "think about" the one or other suggestion for any next version and then work on the problems/suggestions in a "serial-way" -> one thing after each other

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]not change such small things for a way better improvement.

As i said in one of my last post we are adding small things to the mission.

Well, then we will see..... whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]"Just a few examples with what you answered me: ..."

Of course i started telling you that we will add nothing, after you told me everything more than 1 time a day, because i wanted the Spam to stop

Do you really think that this is a nice or thankful or "good" way in general, to make such a "spammer like me" to shut his mouth? icon_rolleyes.gif

A confirmation like "yes we consider or think about something, but we can't confirm a incorporation of that suggestion" could and would have done wonders to "spammer's like me".

Quote[/b] ]The only reason for the bad start of Version 1.10 seems to be the lag when a player connects and the NULL-Object error.

Right, but you forget the marker behavior. It is a close fact, that most(if not all) of the SL-Community (means the frequently players of this mission) who are playing on the two major servers out there, prefer the version with "MARKERS FOR CIVS ONLY IN CITIES!"

As i was playing at the day 1.10 came out the people instantly started to scream sentences like:

"Damn why i can be seen outside of the city? i want the old 1.02 back where i can't be seen outside of cities", and other sentences like that. So i rather think that "the bad start" rather has more to do with that marker-thing and ungood balanced food-thing than with the other issues/bugs in 1.10 - or at least "the marker thing" is equal-weighted to the other issues/bugs(combined).

I still don't lost my hope for this mission, Best Regards and i hope this post helps you a bit in managing and further improvement of your workflow,

Christian

its not too bad with the 60 second refresh outside towns tbh, but it really throws cops off

by this I mean rather than have to use their intuition to gage the suspects movements after say a bank robbery, all the cops now just look at the map, drive to the civ marker then scratch their heads when the marker appears somewhere else 60 secs away ... imo it kinda takes away the cop rpg element & strategy during chase.

Yeah for fairness markers should only appear in the city/towns and possibly in the wilderness when the cop is in a close proximity say 50m to a wanted crim. Otherwise they can just run you down and all the escape and evasion techniques in the world aren't worth a damn. Example the other night i made a daring getaway from a m2 hummer in a pickup overland sw of the drug den. I thought i had lost em in the canyons but they kept coming and telling me to surrender. After I had been arrest the guy told me he thought i had been in a helo cause i was moving so fast over such rough terrain. Point is I would have lost him had it not been for the constant tracking and although i may have been wanted i would have made some loot!

Yeah for fairness markers should only appear in the city/towns and possibly in the wilderness when the cop is in a close proximity say 50m to a wanted crim.  

++

When you are "seen" buying drugs you can shoot yourself in the head right now or drive pointless across the map, cops will find you anyway and you have no chance to deliver the goods, yet even to hide (and shoot you on sight... "omg he's red, he's a dangerous terrorist!!! killl!!!!") .

The only way to stay alive I found - in comparism to the head-shot story or the pointless runaway ending with killed by cop it's at least fragmentical effective - was  to drive all the way up to Paraiso and and live your little life in exile whistle.gif  .

This is really disturbing.

Didn't want to call you a spammer - i meant everything that came together from all sides (forum, our long todo list, private chats), so i didn't care much about what i said after some time.

About the markers: No markers outside of the city are too easy for civs (-> Spreekill, Snipe, don't use streets at all so no one will ever find them) and markers everywhere are too easy for cops (-> Civs have no chance to escape). I think that there has to be another solution... Anyway we have the marker jammer for the civs and until know we rather supported the cops to prevent civs from spreekilling without being found by the police.

Well the cops have plenty of other "tools" at their disposal to locate a crimnal it just takes a bit of teamwork on the cops part. One cop could always use the spycam to figure out where said criminal is and communicate it either Via TS or SideChat to their teammates. Thats just one example of using the system that is in place to capture criminals. But markers on all the time eliminates any work (Role playing) for the cops they merely hafta look on the map for the Magic Red marker and follow that. Even if they never saw the crime in progress or heard it reported! They might as well fly around in a BH and just MiniGun every red blip that comes up.

On the other hand trying to smuggle drugs or sell weapons to unlicensed civs is more in line with what i see as legitimate criminal enterprise on Sahrani that are impossible with 24/7 tracking. Spreekillers cops and civs alike should just get the BOOT and possibly a Ban if thats how they wanna play.

About the markers: No markers outside of the city are too easy for civs (-> Spreekill, Snipe, don't use streets at all so no one will ever find them) and markers everywhere are too easy for cops (-> Civs have no chance to escape). I think that there has to be another solution... Anyway we have the marker jammer for the civs and until know we rather supported the cops to prevent civs from spreekilling without being found by the police.

in experience playing, markers off outside the city (in the edit markers are on in all cities and towns) really doesn't make it much easier for civs. only the rich terrorists can afford to go offroad to avoid the "security cameras" so it really isn't an issue at all (especially in 1.10 with dearer vehicles). the civs cant stay on the lamb forever without having to return to a town, especially in 1.10 where u need food as well as fuel etc.

Issetea your new version is soooo good yay.gif

I like new system of buying and using inventory, new prices and hunger :]

This is starting to be a very good RPG.

Many thanks to all you guys, very good job.

in experience playing, markers off outside the city (in the edit markers are on in all cities and towns) really doesn't make it much easier for civs. only the rich terrorists can afford to go offroad to avoid the "security cameras" so it really isn't an issue at all (especially in 1.10 with dearer vehicles). the civs cant stay on the lamb forever without having to return to a town, especially in 1.10 where u need food as well as fuel etc.

Absolutely right Jana!

Your post must be 3-times underlined!

I will now try to explain again why markers:off for civs outside towns/cities is the best and of course the most realistic way to play this mission.

Firstly: This setting should, if it is possible, choseable at the beginning, just as you can choose the day/night times and the teleporter-thing (which is by the way totally unrealistic and IMHO not needed).

So i don't know how much possibilities ARMA gives you to choose such a setting, so if you can only make two choseable settings per mission, either get rid of the teleporter-shit (according to my experience of this mission, no one ever used it) or in a other way like "together with the day/night cycle"

Secondly: This setting for marker-off outside cities isn't a solution for spreekilling nor is it much easier for the Civs. So you can't see it as a solution for any of those issues. I say its mainly a chnage for fairness and realism and it really makes X-TIMES more fun ON ANY SIDE!!!

I played numerous hour-long sessions on the servers which had that edit running, and i can clearly tell you that its simply the best setting i played so far.

Thrid: Together with the need for eat, fuel and other things they have always to come back to a city, to buy these things.

Together with the Sirens, the game really came to a new level of fun. If you don't belive me and Jana, go for example on the server and ask the players:

"Marker-on" or "Marker only in Cities/near a cop"...

I'll bet that the "SL-Community" will be, to at least 90%, for the second option.

I mean, the 60sec. Option is a slightly step into the right direction, but way far away from a optimal and realistic solution.

So it should be clear what your next change is whistle.giftounge2.gif

If you need more conviction towards this setting, ill try to make a part of the SL-Community mobile and start a "Voting-Thread" or something like that...

Regards, Christian

I'm rewriting the whole marker script atm so i think it should be possible to include it as a Parameter of the mission. The idea of the teleporter is, that it should give civs the ability to teleport back to a city/hideout when they lost their vehicle or something like that. Because it's unrealistic we've set a high price on using that item. The problem with that is: Civs who lost their vehicle can't teleport if they don't have money. So the only reason why the script exists is that it already exists (since our OFP version) and we never really thought of removing it.

I'm off for today, gn8

Issetea,

You said that under the 1.02 JT edit marker version it was too easy for civilians to snipe/spreekill outside of town...

This is only exploitable if the cops are not doing their job.

The fact that civilians can be seen on the map 150m from a cop ENCOURAGED cops to go on PATROLS, and not alone-- but with at least a 2nd cop so if the civilian shoots the 1st cop, the 2nd brings the civilian down.

This enhances the game tremendously.

I have found Civcam VERY useful, and have relayed the info to other cops... I am able to figure out after a while where the civilian must be by looking at the landscape clues through civ cam.

Maybe 150m around a cop is not large enough-- maybe you'd want a bigger radius around cops to balance this...

Maybe even you'll want civilians to stay visible on map when they are on the roads!

One thing is UNDENIABLE--- civilians SHOULD be able to go invisible when they are OFFROAD and there are no cops nearby chasing them.

----

The lag problem: I know it probably makes no sense that lag occurs when people are connecting since they haven't even made it to the lobby yet to enter the mission and download scripts, but the difference is clear as day when you switch from 1.10 to 1.02. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you track down the lag problem.

How about inviting us to your server so you can monitor it server-side? So we have it full of many players and you can better watch it in action?

Quote[/b] ]The fact that civilians can be seen on the map 150m from a cop ENCOURAGED cops to go on PATROLS, and not alone-- but with at least a 2nd cop so if the civilian shoots the 1st cop, the 2nd brings the civilian down.

This enhances the game tremendously.

Yes absolutely! Tremendously is the best adjective to describe it - i love that word.

Quote[/b] ]Maybe 150m around a cop is not large enough-- maybe you'd want a bigger radius around cops to balance this...

Well i think it large enough and more or less realistic.

I played the edit at most when it was set to 50m which was IMHO a little bit to low... So 100 or 150m is a good value - i should still be able to hide at the castle when a cop drives at the nearby road.... wink_o.gif

I'm rewriting the whole marker script atm so i think it should be possible to include it as a Parameter of the mission.

I'm off for today, gn8

Very great news! Belive me, this is the right direction!

Quote[/b] ] The idea of the teleporter is, that it should give civs the ability to teleport back to a city/hideout when they lost their vehicle or something like that. Because it's unrealistic we've set a high price on using that item. The problem with that is: Civs who lost their vehicle can't teleport if they don't have money. So the only reason why the script exists is that it already exists (since our OFP version) and we never really thought of removing it.

Well, simple solution: Get rid of it!

Instead, fill the empty place with the chose able marker-behavior...

Gn8 also....

On the marker issue: Yeah I really think the teleport script sould be repaced with marker options.

First off lemme say this about markers They create lots of action as it pull's Cop's toward you, this is nice to have trust me, and the bouncing around of it really gets em going lol.

Now what I don't understand is why only Civ's have markers?

Cops can view you on camera, look for your marker on map, have access to guns and vechiles from the start 1k away from where all the civ's start with nothing but a car licence and a car. But the markers are blazing.

One thing I can tell you now is that every time a cop has come after me the surprize was not so big with my marker all of a sudden starting up where I know it shouldn't be bouncing around like that out side the city smile_o.gif

I say along with the jammer you should maybe also be able to buy a Cop revealer maybe also timed but for the duration you see the cops on the map too smile_o.gif

On to the next subject that for now I would say can be a nice to have. Some one mentioned a truck heading to the terror camp just like the cop base, I like this idea allot!

Other than that there could still be tons of stuff to add to this mission but I recon that to do small things and fix bugs are really the way to go until the mission is really stable and running, then start work on Real additions to the mission. So make the suggestions they will most prob make a note of it and put it in or leave it out when they are ready to do so.

keep up the good work guys this mission rocks!

Heres the reason why I and some others have wanted teleporting...

It is a MAJOR DRAG on the game to be killed, spawn at the hospital, and think, "Ugh. Drive all the way out to Masbete/Pita/Terror camp again?"

Especially if you've been playing a long time as a civilian and have enough cash to do something about it, but cant since there are no options.

So the ability to purchase an air vehicle at Bagango or the ability to spawn at a hideout should seriously be considered, if you all are SERIOUS about removing Teleporting.

Heres the reason why I and some others have wanted teleporting...

It is a MAJOR DRAG on the game to be killed, spawn at the hospital, and think, "Ugh. Drive all the way out to Masbete/Pita/Terror camp again?"

Especially if you've been playing a long time as a civilian and have enough cash to do something about it, but cant since there are no options.

So the ability to purchase an air vehicle at Bagango or the ability to spawn at a hideout should seriously be considered, if you all are SERIOUS about removing Teleporting.

Your arguments in all honor, but its simply very unrealistic. Something like this shouldn't stay in a RPG-Mission and neither does it fit somehow into it currently.

If you want to go somewhere then you need to take your feet's, the bus or buy your own vehicle.

Also your life should be valuable at most in this Game, so to die is the worst what should happen and therefor when you died, you can and should use the above listed possibility's to get to your destination.

Hows in real life? Think about that....

And, did you ever see a single Server where this feature was activated?

By the Way, the terror camp should be placed randomized on the map (at good hidden spots), only visible by the Civs on Map.

Regards, Christian