Issetea

Sahrani Life

I have a question that I can't find an answer to in the long list of pages on the thread:

I am getting kicked from servers before I even get to the loading page, Jana with yours being one of them.  It tells me one of two messages:

1.  "You were kicked off the game".  Nothing other than that.

2.  Gave me a list of .pbo file extensions that said something about not being able to play there.  Jana, your server was one of these.  

What gives?  How can I play on these servers?  What do I have to do?  Thanks!

you need queens gambit, do you have it?

Striyzh, keep the personal attacks to yourself.

Let's all try to get along here, before WLs and PRs start coming en masse.

DOH! No, don't have Queens Gambit, but I must say, I didn't see a "QG" on those servers as I have seen on some that use the expansion pack. Thanks for the info, Crete.

Are you sure it is an issue because I don't have QG? I tried again, specifically looking at the versions, and it says nothing on any of the servers about QG.

Again, the two issues are that I am kicked off the game are:

It said I was just, "Kicked off the game". This last time however, I did notice it said something about me using a modified file. Only thing modded is I downloaded a sound mod (Forget which one, but can track it down from one of my teammates as he recommended it), other than that I am all stock.

The second issue lists a bunch of .pbo files, namely afghan.pbo, special_operations.pbo, and says they are not an accepted key and I must remove them to play on the server.

Any more help is appreciated. Thanks.

Deus its not queens gambit. the problem is the servers including mine u are getting kicked from have signature checking on. currently on my server only fdf sound mod & armaeffects mods can be used. other mods or modded pbo's will fail check and auto kick u.

my mistake. i couldnt get into server few weeks back becuase of the same problem you have Deus. I got QG last week and i got into the server recently. sorry for the confusion i caused i just stuck 2 and 2 together biggrin_o.gif .

Great mission you guys have made anyway, really good fun. I think im the only person who gets kicks out of being a normal civilian, earning all my money legit, then passing it on to terrorists under the polices noses. bwhahaha biggrin_o.gif

Deus its not queens gambit. the problem is the servers including mine u are getting kicked from have signature checking on. currently on my server only fdf sound mod & armaeffects mods can be used. other mods or modded pbo's will fail check and auto kick u.

Jana, thank you for your response. I am new to ArmA, as are my teammates minus one OFP freak, so excuse me when I ask what is, "Signature check"? What is its purpose?

Minus the sound mod, which name I do not recall, the other .pbo files are all missions. I have to take out all the missions to be able to play?

Just had another great SL session!

This mishun shoul´ve been included in the initial ArmA release thumbs-up.gif

I have heard that the sirens will be included, i don't know if the markers will though..

Issetea/fewo/betatesters, talk to us whistle.gif

I think its great to see different versions of a map, Back in late CC there was basically two popular maps, OW with realistic slow pace rpg'ing with no civ markers at all, and the more arcade like 0.95 with a lot faster action. Both great maps, in their own way wink_o.gif

So is it possible to add more objectives (Stores, delivery points, Banks, Drugs,Etc) to this mission or has it reached the limits of arma's capabilities? Would be great if there were more objectives that utilized more islands. the southern island and some more of N. Sahrani. I have been playing for the last 2 days and I am hooked!!

So i guess I hafta get QB as well. I have trouble getting into about half of the servers listed. Oh well no biggie, I guess im in

Statement from a weapondealer after I found his hidden ammo cache with over 30 weapons and it took 20 min to destroy.

1.5MB hotlinked image removed

© by John

looooolnp5.th.png

Funny stuff dragz. lol

It's so funny the excuses people come up with.

Cop1, "Why are you down the road that ONLY leads to drugs OR the terror camp?".

Civ1, "I'm just looking around officer, i swear!".

Btw Civs, when theres a cop at a road block with a SAW, you might aswell stop. haha

Both sides are so much fun to be on. Cheers to the makers. It brought me back to ArmA.

P.S. Jana check PM's.

Deus,

If the problem persists and you are sure you did not add any mods, and when you run ArmA there is no added strings such as -lowplants or whatever mod it might be trying to run...

The only suggestion I have is to uninstall ArmA and install it again cleanly, and then do not add any mods. You should then be able to join.

If it works, then you should be able to use the two mods Jana mentioned as being allowed on the server, if you wish to use them.

I WANT 2 prisons. The one prison in Antiguna is for murderer which get over 10min and another for small delicts like car thief in Carazol.

And I want that the antiguna prison is bigger than, near the whole island (But Fenced) and there just boats to get off.

My ears go broken when I hear everytime a mh60 sound.

AND I WANT also, that bounty hunters can check and arrest the people.

AND THE last thing I want is a nail strip. When a car drive over the strip the wheels have no air anymore.

Thats it!

I think the prison should be moved to near bagango. this way, there will be no extra punishment through being stranded in masbete, and prison breaks can happen if a free civ goes to the prison and opens it up.

Thats why i think their should be more objectives cause there is only one road to the terror camp/ Drug area. I just stop and tell the police at the roadblock that im visiiting friends in Ixel with 20k in cash nener.gif Anyway would be cool if a plane dropped drugs and then you delivered what you recovered.

just a note to anyone wanting to try the edited mission i run on my server (the JT edit) not to play it on 5th servers, they basically took it without asking and made further changes that are being reported to me as hidden caches for the civs (it is also the version with bugged siren). the version 5th are using is not terps release

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=71;t=70373;top

^^ May i bring this to your attention smile_o.gif

Would be nice to have something similar in SL - at least for the terror guys.

Should´nt be as huge though because it would be virtually impossible to guard the powerhouses and the cities at the same time. But one or 2 electrical grids cant hurt.

Taking the idea further: How about making Cops income depend on the cities taxes?

Cities w/o electrical power would pay fewer taxes, cops need to employ workers to keep powerplants running, .. etc. (kiss your Harriers goodbye terp tounge2.gif )

Spent a good few hours on Jana's server playing the mission, it was great fun i liked the working myself up to a point and then just going cop killer smile_o.gif Would like to get this to run on our Only server in SA but I'll wait for a update to the mission first before i nag em to add it.

Big up to every one that had any thing to do with this mission. notworthy.gif

I WANT 2 prisons. The one prison in Antiguna is for murderer which get over 10min and another for small delicts like car thief in Carazol.

And I want that the antiguna prison is bigger than, near the whole island (But Fenced) and there just boats to get off.

My ears go broken when I hear everytime a mh60 sound.

AND I WANT also, that bounty hunters can check and arrest the people.

AND THE last thing I want is a nail strip. When a car drive over the strip the wheels have no air anymore.

Thats it!

All great ideas. I like the bounty hunter one alot.

I wonder if the stopstick idea is even possible?

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=71;t=70373;top

^^ May i bring this to your attention smile_o.gif

Would be nice to have something similar in SL - at least for the terror guys.

Should´nt be as huge though because it would be virtually impossible to guard the powerhouses and the cities at the same time. But one or 2 electrical grids cant hurt.

Taking the idea further: How about making Cops income depend on the cities taxes?

Cities w/o electrical power would pay fewer taxes, cops need to employ workers to keep powerplants running, .. etc. (kiss your Harriers goodbye terp tounge2.gif )

Thanks for the endorsement Mr. Burns. My script pack could easily be implemented into SL for as many or few grids as desired. In the readme I give detailed instructions how to tie other mission features into the electrical grids though mutual variable use and other methods.

Do realize though, the way the scripts work...once a substation is damaged beyond 50%, power is out forever (until the mission is restarted of course)! If that is a major issue for a mission maker I can offer some alternatives to permanent power loss (not directly included because it requires specific customization of the scripts to work) but I am happy to give full assistance.

Quote[/b] ]Spent a good few hours on Jana's server playing the mission, it was great fun i liked the working myself up to a point and then just going cop killer smile_o.gif Would like to get this to run on our Only server in SA but I'll wait for a update to the mission first before i nag em to add it.

no prob glad u had fun biggrin_o.gif we need more players like u to be honest

Quote[/b] ]Do realize though, the way the scripts work...once a substation is damaged beyond 50%, power is out forever (until the mission is restarted of course)! If that is a major issue for a mission maker I can offer some alternatives to permanent power loss (not directly included because it requires specific customization of the scripts to work) but I am happy to give full assistance.

probably would in this case as the mission goes on for quite some hours, once 26 hours straight, so a tweak would prob be needed to the permanent thing.

about prison, i was saying to terp the other day, why not make a permanent prision (not jail) for spree killers. on my server the only way we can deal with spree killers is warn them that they lose rules (like new life rule) etc, but theres no way to stop them.

what if civs had a limited no. of kills/red lives or something, and when they go over the limit they are sent to prison (not jail). prison could be one of the islands way down south, and to make it fun, have weapons, some vehicles etc. so the spree killers can spree kill each other until they're sick of it, but they can't escape unless they swim, and if they die they respawn at prison until they are released (set time like 30-60 mins?)

but more civ missions are difently needed. at the moment im playing civ, just working as a bus driver earning money by shuttling around the civs to shops etc. its all good rpg fun really.

I just remembered to ask about something that I didn't post last time. FIX THE DAY TO NIGHT THING! banghead.gif  banghead.gif

It sucks to be flying around and getting rdy to land and have night just slap you in the face. Try and make the transition go like in EVO. Nice and smooth so you know its comming.

Also on a side note I KNOW this is not the place to ask but I did the search thing and got nothing. In OFP there was an addon that let you put up billboards and pictures and signs with your own pics that you added to the folder. Any one have a link to download it so I can try and change it to AMRA? It would help alot with this mission cause then you could place a billboard out side the bank that said "BANK of SAHRANI" along with the other spots like the university and the police station and junk. Any help to find this addon would be great. notworthy.gif

Oops almost forgot bank with ATMS and teller booth almost done. Also started a better Police station and hospital. (I need that addon to make it better tho) whistle.gif

As for the spike strips I have a mission that you can lay mines that you can set the explosive damage on. (toe poppers up to tank killers) If you guys want it I can email to mr.g-c. Just let me know what I can do to help. xmas_o.gif

Dragz

Our Rules clearly say that hotlinked images shall not be bigger then 100kb. The one you posted here earlier was around 1.5MB = or 15 times that big then allowed.

That's the 2nd time today I gotta tell you that. One more violation against the forum rules and I hand out warning levels and post restrictions.