Issetea

Sahrani Life

I just read again the Fewo post, it seems there will have guilds war, so, on a 32 servers slots, how civilians will know who is in a such guild and who isn't ? We need a sign for distinguish all the guilds, if not, the game will turn into a global civil war, everybody will shoot on everybody, even the innocent civils. So, the marker upon the head would be a good soluce, but may be you already have an idea about that.

i think police needs some sort of stun weapons ...

close range stun (electric shock)

and medium range (~50-100m) stun (e.g. net thrower or tranquilizer)

that waythey can catch someone w/o killing

you could script a silenced hand gun to disable the guy in front of you smile_o.gif Just remove the bullet as soon as you fire it smile_o.gif

.....Becasue it means that (possible) the most brutal gang with the most kills can be sure their leader will be the mayor of the whole city.

I (as a ususal cop-player) will never accept any laws, such a gang leader will set - Never!

I bet the others agree with me to it....(they actually done that) There must be a other way of becoming the major - not just as the leader with the most points.

Regards, Christian

I've made some thoughts about it and i came to a simple but effective conclusion.

- Put-in a voting system where all Civs and Cops can vote for the Mayor. That by the following easy way:

Using the private messaging system you will introduce via "cellphones" in 1.1, would be easy and effective. That would be IMHO simple but genius.

Just put-in a additional "vote destination" as destination for your message, and the message text must contain just the Number of the civ you want to put your voice for. So 1....20.

Then "the map" stores that voices for the votes in an array or something (im not a programmer) for x minutes (thats the time you have for voting) and then the civ which got the most voices will be major until he's either death or until the next votes which come after x hours or x minutes.

Of course a message like "Civ X is now mayor of Bagango" should appear globally as soon as the "code" has decided (by counting voices) who the mayor is.

Isn't that just great?

What you think Issetea and Fewo? Isn't that a easy but genius solving of the current "becoming-the-mayor-issue"

I hope you consider that option as it is effective and hopefully easy to code.

Best Regards, Christian

.....Becasue it means that (possible) the most brutal gang with the most kills can be sure their leader will be the mayor of the whole city.

I (as a ususal cop-player) will never accept any laws, such a gang leader will set - Never!

I bet the others agree with me to it....(they actually done that) There must be a other way of becoming the major - not just as the leader with the most points.

Regards, Christian

I've made some thoughts about it and i came to a simple but effective conclusion.

- Put-in a voting system where all Civs and Cops can vote for the Mayor. That by the following easy way:

Using the private messaging system you will introduce via "cellphones" in 1.1, would be easy and effective. That would be IMHO simple but genius.

Just put-in a additional "vote destination" as destination for your message, and the message text must contain just the Number of the civ you want to put your voice for. So 1....20.

Then "the map" stores that voices for the votes in an array or something (im not a programmer) for x minutes (thats the time you have for voting) and then the civ which got the most voices will be major until he's either death or until the next votes which come after x hours or x minutes.

Of course a message like "Civ X is now mayor of Bagango" should appear globally as soon as the "code" has decided (by counting voices) who the mayor is.

Isn't that just great?

What you think Issetea and Fewo? Isn't that a easy but genius solving of the current "becoming-the-mayor-issue"

I hope you consider that option as it is effective and hopefully easy to code.

Best Regards, Christian

you are the saviour of the world, grats!

ppl will just vote for themselves or dont vote at all, maybe add a timer and the one with the most votes wins, if there are plasyers with equal votes, everyone has to choose between those with the same number of votes.

=- @ Dec. 04 2007,00:54)]you are the saviour of the world, grats!

Lol, i hope you mean that seriously tounge2.gif .

No really, do you like that idea in regards to possible use of already included code and easiness of use?

Quote[/b] ]ppl will just vote for themselves or don't vote at all, maybe add a timer and the one with the most votes wins, if there are plasyers with equal votes, everyone has to choose between those with the same number of votes.

Not bad additional idea, but a bit harder to code i think.

Also i think the Civs will going to vote, as they realize how important it is to have laws which maybe can be beneficial to some of em.

Just got a other voting idea:

What if all people must come to the city hall to vote? biggrin_o.gif

great idea mrgc I love it!

but

Quote[/b] ]

will prob always be satcheled -_-

but

Quote[/b] ]

Ohh damn right... so forget it....

Regards, Christian

By having everyone vote, it helps ensure that more good mayors are elected. It would be hard for the annoying, cheating or griefing user to win such a position.

If a Cop wants to be mayor, he better earn the respect of the civilians!

I do think its a great idea.

Hi,

Ok, the guild/government script is slowly about to get finished. Curretly it works this way:

Player can create a guild at the major hall in the north of bagango, it costs money. Other player can join existing guilds, if the leader allows it. Joining other guilds costs money too. It is neccessary to prevent abusing. The leader can manage the guild using a dialogue,  if the leader leaves the guild or the game, the next oldest player of the guild becomes leader.

In the South of North-Sahrani, there is a area reserved for the guilds, for the cops it is a forbidden area. There are a few areas, the guilds can take during a "guild war". By holding these areas, the guild gets points. You can also buy points.

If a guild has the most points and at least 100, the guild becomes the government, the leader becomes major. At the major hall he has a dialogue, where he can add and/or edit laws, other player can see them in their stats. Everybody gets also a message if a law has been changed/added. The major has also the "set wanted/unwanted" dialogue the cops already have. And he has the possibility to repair the jail.

Greetings, Fewo

Hello

I'm really glad my idea of Major is interesting for u and u will use it in ur mission. But the form it has right now is quite not understandable.

I really feel that it was bad idea to mix "guilds" ( actually the word "gangs" sounds more logical for the "mafia combats in special areas" ) and political parties ( so Major can be one of it ). The general idea for all players who join CIV side now is to became the leader of the Guild. What is the point of joining other Groups if u know u can never became Major ( yes, of course if the player before u just leave the server )? So, everybody will be trying be "the one" and will be opening it's own 1 person guild, even if it costs lot of money. In this case the Guilds becomes absolutely unuseful. I also can't understand why u made such huge script work for guilds if otherway u could simply let all people in the game ( cops and civ's ) vote for major and be voted?

Now you have very absurd situation when guilds will be killing each another just to became major and cops can't protect other civ's from it smile_o.gif))) There have to be three sides - cops, civilians and crime. So player can choose the one. You have mixed civilian side with crime and left no option for peacefully playing.

What do u think about not mixing Major and guilds as well as to use ur major script for - Mafia Baron? So in this case there will be -

1- cops ( leader of cops is police chief )

2- civilians ( leader of civilians and all players is President/Major )

3- crime ( leader of crime is Mafia Boss/Baron )

For all this three positions ( Chief, President and Mafia Boss ) you can use ur script u already created for Major of ur guilds but with it's own different options ( such as chief can see all players on the map, mafia boss is invisible for cops and president the one who creates the laws ) In this case ur mission will be logically right and everybody will find it's own way of playing ( peacefully or crime wars )

By having everyone vote, it helps ensure that more good mayors are elected.  It would be hard for the annoying, cheating or griefing user to win such a position.

If a Cop wants to be mayor, he better earn the respect of the civilians!

I do think its a great idea.

it was already long ago in my post

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;st=150

not sure if this has already been suggested but here goes some people should start with a car licence but only have 5K or others should start with a univeraty degree but only have 3K. this would make it more realistic becasue people dont start with nothing in real life.. as far as i can tell the people are aound 20-25 so would probably have a vehicle licence or a univeraty degree or some kind of skill...

but

Quote[/b] ]

What if all people must come to the city hall to vote?  biggrin_o.gif

So this is roleplaying.The cops duty is to secure the place for voting.I think that it will be useful if the cops have the ability to remove satchels and mines. wink_o.gif

but

Quote[/b] ]

So this is roleplaying.The cops duty is to secure the place for voting.I think that it will be useful if the cops have the ability to remove satchels and mines. wink_o.gif

Yes you absolutely right this is roleplaying!.... if cops were able to disarm mines and satchels it would be great... anyway at such a event they should probably search every civs for suicide bombs and satchels, so why not use voting at city-hall?

Issetea and Fewo? wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.giftounge2.gif

Ill be sure this would rock!

By the way, here is a small SL Video i recorded on Janas server (more will come from 1.1):

Regards, Christian

I found another video.I think its funny especially when the red car run over the cops.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wlp0NaxurQg

Is there a chance to add new cars and vehicles or some new skins for the cops?To be honest i dont like the cops to wear military clothes.

Something must be done about stupid kids. When i ran over ppl (role playing - I am a psycko killer) i get kicked from the server.

Something must be done about stupid kids. When i ran over ppl (role playing - I am a psycko killer) i get kicked from the server.

Very interesting way to play.

RPG means Role playing game, not Retarded playing games. So, dont complaint about stupid kids because u are one of them.

When will a hacker come in and claim "Stop to kick me u dumbass, i use hacks and ruin your game but i'm a hacker and i play my real role in your RPG" ??

Issetea and Fewo, i host this mission on my server and i hate when people ask me to play the un-official missions so i don't.

BUT

today im testing on my server a small edit i made to your mission if that is ok. As a cop i would like it better if you couldn't see the civs on map, i feel this would make the cops work better as a team in stopping crime etc. rather than making the cops game just "go get the red civ" as it seems to be at moment. it also adds nice strategy imo.

I hope this is ok. ill test it out for today to see how the game plays out. I mention in the opening that its an un-official edit so ppl dont think its an official version.

Very interesting way to play.

RPG means Role playing game, not Retarded playing games. So, dont complaint about stupid kids because u are one of them.

When will a hacker come in and claim "Stop to kick me u dumbass, i use hacks and ruin your game but i'm a hacker and i play my real role in your RPG" ??

Since when is running over people a hack?

He'd piss me off for sure if I got run over, but I always am careful not to trust any driver.

Since this IS roleplaying, this "psycho killer" should not complain if others wait for him to spawn and run HIM over when they get a chance too.

I mean, hey... if you're going to say its cool that way, then its also cool when its done to you. smile_o.gif

Alternatively, a civilian can shoot out the tires... "Hey, you think I'm crazy enough to trust you with that car, near me? HA! Enjoy your broken wheel? What's that? Forgot to get a repair kit? MUAHAHAHA."

Get never never never never never into a car which is driving from John.

All was perfect.

Bank Robbing. We had 200000$. No Police in sight.

But this guy kill booth of us on janas server

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/8114/asdafasfdmm6.jpg

We went head over heels about 5 time, drove on two wheels, killed our third passenger, crashed into a houswand and over heels again on the road.

I do not know when, I do not know why, and I do not know how he manage it.