Issetea

Sahrani Life

maybe you should improve the Bounty hunter system, on all the servers i played, the cops never set a bounty on a wanted civilian, maybe an auto-bounty if they kill an amount of people.

it's a very good map, i really love it to play. good job yay.gif

What about addons?

Plz add some fun stuff, make addon makers happy because they are wasting a lot of time to make some cool stuff. They are making addons for us! We want to use them! smile_o.gif

I already said before that they keep that in mind for any future versions....

AT ALL:

In the lights of recent events on a russian server(start with [RL]) playing a modified "x3c" version (24Players) my advice is to never ever go on that server. The mission is bugged like hell and the civs killing cops from the beginning.

Also there, you have to fear thed side on which their admin is playing, which means if he's a civ you can never control/arrest/even kill any civ without having fear of beeing kicked/banned - but on the other side they are making together traps for cops and if they kill a cop, all of them starting to laugh.

As i was asking why not to play fair, independent who the admin is, they said "this is our server - we make the rules!"

Also this server seems to be like a "reservoir" for all well known unfair players who got kicked before from good servers like [RGG].

So my advice for all honest and fair players:

NEVER go on that server! You'll go (or will be forced to go) faster as you think.

Regards, Christian

Hey, whay i find very annoying is that you don't have privacy at all when you are a civilian. For example, if u wanna buy drugs, everyone can see that you are at the buy drug marker, especially when it says: Someone bought drugs! So all the cops are immediatly alert on that civ.

So this is what i propose: Cops shouldn't always be able to see all civi's on their map. I got an idea while playing Call of duty 4 online: there you can call in a UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle) after 3 kills in a row, then you can see the enemy on ur map for 30 seconds. So why not we do something similair like this in SL? For example cops can buy 30 sec. UAV Recon for 25.000 $ so they can see the civi's on their map. But the civilians who have jammers can't be seen with UAV's of course.

So they can hide in their hideout etc...

Another idea: It would be fun if we could illegally smuggle humans for money.

Oh yes, 1 more thing, i miss something very important in this mission: WOMEN! Why there are only guys on this island? Are we all gay? Can we pls have a striptent or prostitues, where we can gain health? wink_o.gif

regards, turku

Dont worry Hoz banned him band.gifsmile_o.gif

Looking forward to the new version yay.gif

good to know..

Yes im also looking forward to it...

Im a bit involved making some replacement textures for the Flags... nothing special, just some gif-art style things in some very eye-catching color combinations to recognize the Flags earlyer and better.

Yet i dont know when 1.1 is coming out nor do i know if there will be a beta-testing (what i strongly advice to do).

But it seems that it will be a very good version. I belive in the two mission makers - they seem to be real "cracks" in scripting/building such missions.

Best Regards, Christian

Quote[/b] ]So why not we do something similair like this in SL? For example cops can buy 30 sec. UAV Recon for 25.000 $ so they can see the civi's on their map. But the civilians who have jammers can't be seen with UAV's of course.

So they can hide in their hideout etc...

Well in the new version coming across, you'll see that the Civs are not the enemys of the Cops anymore.

Instead of this, Civs will have alot other things to do (to survive, like eating) than beeing enemys of cops. For example you can start groups at the city hall and then be a competitor/rival to other groups.

So i think this is not very needed.... Cops need to see the markers, nearly everytime.

Regards, Christian

******Warning to SL modders *******

Since SL is known as a great mod, hackers are walking around SL servers and ruin the games. I played on 5 differents servers last 2 days, and i cant play more than 2 hours before a f***** wankers come in and blow all the cities or use anothers bullshits. This means you play hard to the begining and you have to leave the server(or the server crash) when you have some money and before to have fun.

So, i cant imagine peoples spending hours on SL for a such result.

You have to take care of that or you mod will die due to those hackers wankers.

keep the GW

Indeed, thats why i hope addons are released soon so that people who want to play have to download the addon pack, therefore hopefully stopping most of the greifers joining. (They probably wont be bothered to download the addon just to ruin a game.)

I also hope Doolittle can get out his DACS (anticheat) to some more trusted Sahrani Life server admins smile_o.gif

Indeed, thats why i hope addons are released soon so that people who want to play have to download the addon pack, therefore hopefully stopping most of the greifers joining. (They probably wont be bothered to download the addon just to ruin a game.)

I also hope Doolittle can get out his DACS (anticheat) to some more trusted Sahrani Life server admins smile_o.gif

Yes wankers will download addons just for ruin the games Jack, and hackers will break any anticheats they encounter.

Best way to protect an Arma server is to not allow any additionnal mods. We do that on KH server and all is fine. You can play with FDF sounds and others mods but you have to download the signed keys from our site or u wont be able to join.

PM me for more info or go to http://www.kellys-heroes.eu we really need to kick those retarded wankers from our games.

Yeah I don't see why servers run without signature checking thesedays. It really does stop 95% of the hackers out there.

I guess server owners are just lacking the knowledge?

I second this-- RUN DACS on your server.

It is AMAZING to watch DACS repeatedly kick people over and over again, and you realize just how serious the infestation of noobie hackers is.

Abusive Admins: There was this idiot JimmytheD or some such on a TOW server. He was kick-happy on anyone who crossed his path.

I was riding in a cop's mh6 (as a cop) to back him up, and when he landed the mh6 I told him to lock it to be sure.

Jimmy snuck in and tried to steal the helicopter, but when he found it locked he started shooting the tail rotor to knock it out. By then I had warned the pilot and was running back to it... when it looked like Jimmy was going to shoot the heli to blow it up afterwards, I shot and killed him, so that we could at least repair the mh6's rotor instead of having to buy a brand new one.

Naturally, he had his temper tantrum and kicked me... must have been 11 years old I guess.

Yeah I don't see why servers run without signature checking thesedays. It really does stop 95% of the hackers out there.

It also stops almost the same amount of players who have addons installed.

Yeah I don't see why servers run without signature checking thesedays.  It really does stop 95% of the hackers out there.

True, but after having 3 or 4 games wrecked in a row you start to not care about mods. What good are fancy sounds if your game is interrupted and the server ruined every 10 minutes?

Anyway, if mod makers released mods with a key, which is very easy to do, people COULD use those mods.

@ KH we've been running sig checking for months and not had a single hacker. Downside? People who don't know its in effect, and try to connect with say 6th sense, will get an error message, with no link for a website. We are installing Yoma's program as soon as possible.

The only problem with doo littles is that someone who knows a bit can modify all his weapons - eg change his handgun to fire GBUs. We tested it, and doolittles cheat doesn't detect it, but hopefully doo littles new anticheat / arma 1.09 patch will sort that. BTW most of the "hackers" are little kids download the KFC installer, and have no idea how to do the above, don't PM for "how-to" it ain't gonna happen.

The ONLY way to stop hackers completely atm is sig checking, but it does require SA's to spend a few hours going through which mods they wanna use, and signing the stuff if the author has not done so himself, then maintaining the list. Yoma's software is the way to go I understand, and looking forward to try it out.

True, but after having 3 or 4 games wrecked in a row you start to not care about mods. What good are fancy sounds if your game is interrupted and the server ruined every 10 minutes?

Anyway, if mod makers released mods with a key, which is very easy to do, people COULD use those mods.

i would never player arma anymore with at least a Sound mod and ui modification.

It wont stop those hackers, because they use a "different" way which is not recognizable by the sig check. We can only hope that 1.09 will come out some day. I dont understand though, that some admins doesnt use any protection at all. Hackers usually use 10 digit ids, which are easy to block on servers.

I'm not exactly sure what's possible with Sahrani Life, scripting-wise, but sincidering the stuff that's in there now, who knows if my ideas are possible. Anyways I have a few suggestions on how to make the cops a bit less all-knowing, all-seeing, and all-powerful.

1)The cops should not be able to see every civilian's marker on the map unless they've committed a crime in the past and been arrested/killed, if you want an explanation, I guess you could say they get a tracking collar put on them (which they could then pay to have removed).

2) In order for the cops to be able to find and arrest criminals without a map marker glowing red like a big unrealistic beacon of unlawfulness, maybe you could have a circle with, say a 100m radius of the town they are currently in, tagged with their name or something, and a last known position marker in that town if they're currently off road or en route to another town.

Just a couple of suggestions that hopefully you take into account, since alot of the fun gets taken out of Sahrani Life by either cops acting like jerks, or the fact that escaping chases is basically impossible.

i think the license system should be reworked to 2 parts

1. learn how-to operate 'item'

2. obtain legal license

civilians:

let say by default everyone knows only how use bike and that's it

to e.g. drive car civilan needs first to take 'training' at school/academy

and to legalize it he needs to obtain license like now

police:

by default they know how drive bike, police car and operate hand guns, stun weapon(s) and deploy roadblock...

i would suggest police to go thru 'training' program to be able use higher caliber weapons and stronger vehicles

---

about the comments related to all seeing map radar ...

what about something else ...

let's place public surveilance camera system in cities and at main crossroads ...

and if known 'wanted' criminal pass nearby then system issues warning to police channel like

"Wanted subject # was detected by camera X in Y"

Not really taken by your first suggestion personally Dwarden smile_o.gif But i really like the sound of your 2nd one! biggrin_o.gif

It's unlikely that grown men are total noobs at life when they start on Sahrani. In many countries you need that country's licenses even though you know how to use those things and have a license for them in another country.

I think that the magical spy cam needs to be replaced completely with static ones placed on the streets.

When you buy a vehicle and leave it, it should last until you exit the game or something like that because I like keeping weapons caches in the city sometimes in cars, and it sucks when you use all that money and effort to get like 4 aks then drive all the way up to get some rpgs and then you die a few times and then your car with weapon stache is gone or blows up from age...

Cars should stay alive for a long long time.

Also fuck that bloods and crypts bullshit, they're stuck in the 80s.  This is Sahrani, as in not california.  Some ficticious groups or something would be more appropriate.  Something about the total amount of money and drugs to get more money would be cool for 2 diff gangs, and have like a small hq or someting to join.  Maybe with some marker changers from red to blue perhaps or something.  Anyways, a way for the 2 gangs to either get together or fight over what ammount of money and drugs they can get.

Something for the future would be availablility of car addons and civilian aircraft.  Like that piper to smuggle drugs to the other part of the island.  I really think some more of the major cities should be included like cayo and ortego corazol and that one main one near the south sahrani airport can't think of it.

What about buying a hit marker on a specific police officer. You should be able to buy a marker that only you can see of the cop that keeps arresting you or giving tickets or shooting you for no reason.

-When a car is locked the gear should be locked too. Too many times i had a weapon in gear and first noob comin take it for making bullshits.

-When hideout is locked, ammo box should be locked too.

-You could add a false money maker in the same way that the drugs dealer

-You could add illegal prostitutes girls in the same way that workers. Take money sometimes. Cops will camp around girls to see who is their boss and they will try to arrest him. If skins problem or something, just add a closed house.

- Main thing right now : Find a way to get money faster, because its impossible to play more than 1 hour without a retarded hackers come in and blowing up the whole island.

May be just increase the WP/shops income.

the point for learning how work with stuff is to force 'use' of moneys and force people to work to get money to obtain education and licenses etc ...

also atm you can steal first ANY vehicle you see and it's unlocked

it don't matter if it's tank, helicopter, apc or just jeep ...

so it's this way

cop come to 'crime scene', cop exit car ... civilian near jumps into vehicle before poor cop get thru complex unfirendly gui system and lock it ...

also there is need something like first action in list named "FREEZE" ...

that mean cop shouts freeze and all in 50m radius gets text message on screen saying cop ordered them to put hands up

about vehicle lifetime ... this is serious problem ...

i parked and locked helicopter and after some time it burned ... vehicle should never expire if owner is on server ...

plus is there any chance police gets at least ammo boxes ? (like hideout but just the box)

some suggestion dont know if it has already been sayed

Please no marker at all for the civilian , cops know always where the civilian is heading ,or maybe a marker should be put if the civilian is near 800 meter from the cops

Cops should get money when they arrest wanted people ,and pay more for killing wanted unarmed civilian.

for the terror camp ,the interdiction zone for the cop should be larger ,how many time did i saw a cop camping just at the hill in front the camp, and also put one for the drug deal shop ,to avoid camping sniper cop waiting for hours that someone comes ,and just when he buy stuff the cop shoot.

Cops should be able too buy workshop and shops ,cause its really hard to get 1 million in the cop side

Prison helicopter should drive us to badango and not to masbette

when you buy drugs ,the cops should get the message but dont turn the civilian marker red unless there is a cop nearby

Able to sell a car even if you didn't buy it

Beware of a player named James Bond 007 ID 21725447, he hacked us on DW sahrani life server and ruined our game. PLease be sure to ban him.

Please also deny cops from building roadblocks in their own base, i won't go into details, but i'm sure u can work it out.

Please also deny cops from building roadblocks in their own base, i won't go into details, but i'm sure u can work it out.

i would suggest to move all spawns and crates out of any location which may be 'closed' by roadblock

also roadblock needs to be destructable like hideout (just needs tweak hitpoints to alive car crashes and some gun fire)