Issetea

Sahrani Life

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix the roadblock shit, today we had 2 guys blocking the entrance in the respawn tent, we had to restart because noone can tear the roadblocks down, if the cop disconnects.

Doesn't guild sound a little bit medieval?

Yep but IMHO better than "Gang" which sounds like from a bad Movie.....

What other Terms you know for those groups?

Group, gang, faction, family.

i think gang is the right term in this case, guild is really something for WOW and other fantasy, medieval things.

Another topic: We read your suggestions regarding the gangs (We actually call them "guilds"). Currently we are scripting goals for the guilds. And it looks like that we are going to use south sahrani as a "police-free-guild-zone". There are a few cities we will use as sectors, and you have to conquer them. But you still have to buy weapons and vehicles in and around bagango. But we are also looking for ideas the guild could do on north-sahrani. A release date can absolutely not yet be determined, because we have also other ideas currently only existing in our minds.

Greetings, Fewo

Thats a great idea! I was hoping that the map would soon make use of South Sahrani! Hopefully it will give something for people to do when they get a LOT of cash, because ive seen so many games where players just have too much money and it turns into a TDM cause they have nothing to spend their money on apart from guns to kill cops. So i hope you'll make the gang things something for 'later' in the game so therefore more expensive etc smile_o.gif

And yeah, i hope you have some gang functions on north sahrani, so the cops can 'interact' with the gangs more. Maybe leave south Sahrani purely for gang wars to capture the towns/areas and then for gang objectives have them based across north sahrani where cops can prevent gangs from completing 'missions'. Maybe you could have random gang assassinations, spawn a character somewhere and then give the objective to a gang when they go to their 'gang hideout' or whatever. Then they have to try and assassinate that character, and the cops maybe get a warning of this and have to try and protect that person?

Just a random idea lol, some sort of missions would be cool though i think. And there would have to be some sort of decent reward/need for the gangs/guilds whatever to need to enter North sahrani, so they have to evade the cops when they enter N Sahrani, and then the cops have something to do against the gangs also smile_o.gif

Im not sure if that even made sense haha! biggrin_o.gif But hopefully someone can understand what im getting at

Keep it up Issetea + Fewo!

I don't think you should use the term gang because it implies a violent and/or criminal group. If Sahrani Life is only meant to be a cop vs. civ TDM then just rename the civs to "Thiefs" or "Criminals."

I think the term "faction" is more appropriate. That leaves things much more in the hands of the roleplayers. Maybe one faction wants to act legally-- calling them a gang would only invite newb cops to come in guns blazing (like they already do to legal bounty hunters).

I don't think you should use the term gang because it implies a violent and/or criminal group. If Sahrani Life is only meant to be a cop vs. civ TDM then just rename the civs to "Thiefs" or "Criminals."

I think the term "faction" is more appropriate. That leaves things much more in the hands of the roleplayers. Maybe one faction wants to act legally-- calling them a gang would only invite newb cops to come in guns blazing (like they already do to legal bounty hunters).

I totally agree to your post!

I have the same oppinion about this "naming-issue" - faction sounds good!

About the Group-thing:

Quote[/b] ].... their 'gang hideout' or whatever...

Ive recently seen isseteas worklist for 1.1 and there was (sadly) nothing about a gang hideout listed, even tough its IMHO one of the main things, to have a hideout as a group (or maybe "FACTION").

Also as far as i can remeber, "Groups" will gether points for sector control, which means that they still have to go to the Workplaces/Shops/Drugshops, etc. on the Northern Part of Sahrani, to make money and therefore to survive (you remeber you'll now have to eat to survive).

Im really anxious to see, how the whole gameconcept is now changed with all that grouping.

Hope there will still be "a normal life" for Civs besides beeing in a Group and fighting for territorys.

Best Regards, Christian

Yup agreed Mr G C, i just used 'gangs' cause the name isnt decided yet i dont think lol.

I hope there is still a 'normal life' which is why im glad to see most of the gang war stuff will be confined to S Sahrani. Im also hoping that its still necessary to have a 'normal life' before you can really get the 'gang' thing going... e.g. u can join a gang, but to start taking territories and conducting large operations you should need a LOT of money, so it becomes a feature which is used in longer term games and people dont instantly rush from initial spawn to take over S Sahrani.. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]...and people dont instantly rush from initial spawn to take over S Sahrani.. smile_o.gif

If the opposite will be the case, they should better rename it to something like "Sahrani Gangbattle", because then there is nothing anymore which is worth to wear the word "Life" in it.

tounge2.giftounge2.gif

Another few suggestions:

1. There is a issue when a jailed Civ is trying to bribe (german: bestechen) the cops.

In German the whole thing is called as "Lösegeld" which is the same as "ransom" in english. But thats wrong! It should called "Bestechungsgeld"(eng:bribemoney) instead:

German: "Du hast xx$ BESTECHUNGSGELD erhalten weil Civxx xx$ bezahlt hat" rather than

"Du hast xx$ LÖSEGELD erhalten weil Civxx xx$ bezahlt hat"

So change to "Bestechungsgeld" (bribemoney) instead of "Lösegeld" (ransom).

Of course the message for the Civ and the menu-entry in jail must be changed.

I dont know if they used the wrong term also in english, so please check this.

2. Raise the Timescale. Currently 10mins in Game for one "real hour" is the maximum which is to less IMHO. I would like the possibility up to 20 mins for one real hour - both for day and night times

3. Change the jammer appearance: Why not let the jammer (when he is activated) appear (for example):

10 seconds you cann see the Civ, 50 seconds hes gone... then you can't see him again for 3 minutes and then see him for 15 seconds or so... maybe just some random values....

I think thats more realistic than a "constant" jamming.

4. Ammocrates for cops still lists the basic-ammount (start ammount) of ammo in it, even if they are already empty. Dunno if thats a feature rather than a bug...

Best Regards, Christian

=- @ Nov. 20 2007,21:27)]PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix the roadblock shit, today we had 2 guys blocking the entrance in the respawn tent, we had to restart because noone can tear the roadblocks down, if the cop disconnects.

Find a person willing to quit out as a civilian (and lose all their cash, maybe they can transfer it to a friend first).

This person can then join as a cop in each slot, checking which one has that slot that left the barrier. The cop then can place a new one, therefore allowing you to continue your game.

I joined a game one time as a cop... there was a barrier that was messing up the buses... I kept asking cops to please place a new barrier so it'd go away... but it didn't.

Eventually I began to realize, "What if it's me? I haven't placed a new one since joining..." Sure enough, turned out to be me... a cop who had played previously in the same slot had left it behind.

Quote[/b] ]Another topic: We read your suggestions regarding the gangs (We actually call them "guilds"). Currently we are scripting goals for the guilds. And it looks like that we are going to use south sahrani as a "police-free-guild-zone". There are a few cities we will use as sectors, and you have to conquer them. But you still have to buy weapons and vehicles in and around bagango. But we are also looking for ideas the guild could do on north-sahrani. A release date can absolutely not yet be determined, because we have also other ideas currently only existing in our minds.

... all I can say after is - AND? what is the purpose of ur guilds ( such a not ArmA name !? )? So, now 5 people will be collecting money on north and 5 other players will be playing on south and cops will still stay on one place next to the bank to get totally bored and arresting with no reasons whose 5 who's on north ? ))) I guess u destroying ur own mission guys smile_o.gif)) The most worst thing is I haven’t heard anything about any goals of ur mission. Conquering territory is not the goal, we have it already in Karrleon's RTS4. It looks for me u working hard for little things that make no sense for general playing of ur great mission ...

=- @ Nov. 20 2007,21:27)]PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix the roadblock shit, today we had 2 guys  blocking the entrance in the respawn tent, we had to restart because noone can tear the roadblocks down, if the cop disconnects.

Find a person willing to quit out as a civilian (and lose all their cash, maybe they can transfer it to a friend first).

This person can then join as a cop in each slot, checking which one has that slot that left the barrier.  The cop then can place a new one, therefore allowing you to continue your game.

I joined a game one time as a cop... there was a barrier that was messing up the buses... I kept asking cops to please place a new barrier so it'd go away... but it didn't.

Eventually I began to realize, "What if it's me?  I haven't placed a new one since joining..."  Sure enough, turned out to be me... a cop who had played previously in the same slot had left it behind.

doesnt work, noone can destroy roadblocks except the one who build it. Its a Player is thing.

Yup, that 'bug' definately needs to be fixed, completely ruins the game, maybe set up some sort of no roadblock trigger inside of the hospital (and hospital arch).

Ok I suddenly had a flurry of good ideas for Sahrani Life, which I present below!

The Economy

I'd like to see a more dynamic economy on Sahrani.  The way this can be done is through taxes and a GNP.  Basically, Sahrani itself would generate some cash every so often, and this would go into the treasury.  On top of this, there is a tax on all purchases - cars, guns (except from terrorcamp) and even fuel cans.  This extra cash would also go into the treasury.  What could this money be used for?  Well, instead of getting a free resupply every so often, the cops could now "buy" a resupply convoy, with various cost options being available.  Perhaps a delivery of MP5s would be the cheapest, a delivery of AKs more expensive, and a delivery of LAW Launchers rather expensive.  It also goes towards funding cop pay.  To help civs, it could be spent on "better hospitals" (which reduces civ respawn time) or "improved public transport" (which adds more busses, or even a public helicopter route from Masbete to Bangango).

But who decides where all this is spent?  You'll see.

Another change to make the economy more dynamic that i'd like to see, would be for items to get slowly cheaper if noone buys them, or slowly more expensive if people keep buying them.  If white Skodas are really popular, they should become more expensive (up to a limit).  Then - as noone has been buying tractors, they would drop in price and become more attractive to buy.

The President

The president is the one in control of the government funds.  At the start of the game, the president can be chosen manually, but later ingame elections can decide.  The elections would be triggered every 30 minutes, at a fixed place in Bagango and last for 10 minutes.  During this time, civs can go to this voting place and cast their vote on who they'd like to be president.  Anyone can run for president, including cops - but it costs $100,000 to become a candidate.  The elections could be quite fun, with the possibility of a cop presence blocking democracy or allowing it, or even a civilian militia only allowing certain people to vote.

So what can the president do once elected?  He or she could set the taxes on goods, as mentioned earlier.  Anything from 0% to 100% (100% in effect, making people pay double for all items).  Set Civ basic pay (anything above the default $250 would come out of government funds), set Cop basic pay (comes entirely out of government funds), set a series of laws - speed limits, are guns allowed etc., control what type of weapons cops have access to - e.g. Pistol only, rifles, rocket launchers, jail and fine cops, aswell as suspend a particular cop's pay.

The president would also be in control of ordering new weapons for the cops, and choosing what type of delivery they wanted.  The money would come from government funds.

Where does Government Money come from?

I think it would be best to have at least a very basic amount coming in as default, which noone can interfere with.  And then there are the taxes.  But on top of this, you could have buildings that generate extra government income.  A power plant?  A Stock Exchange?  These types of buildings could generate extra for the treasury - but only if they are standing!  Yes, the terrorists might wish to target these buildings with bombs in order to take income away from the government.  If they do get destroyed however, they should automatically rebuild after 20 minutes or so.  These buildings would give both the cops and terrorists something extra to consider and perhaps stop the mindless cop killing which always erupts after a certain amount of time.

I'm sure there are lots of more good ideas that fit in with this scheme!

Some VERY interesting ideas there Deady. i recommend Fewo and Issetea take a look at that for future versions etc smile_o.gif Bit of tweaking around and i think that would be an EXCELLENT addition to the game. Also i think the sabotage of power plants fits in with something suggested earlier in the thread, with the possibility of a new job of 'engineer' being able to fix cars, repair generator etc smile_o.gif

Maybe a trained engineer (similar to University) can fix their car with just a toolkit (unlimited repair kit kinda thing) and can repair these 'government buildings' and such and get paid by doing so. But the cops can also repair them themselves, but they have to pay a certain amount of money to get it repaired (as they will not have the ability to train as engineers wink_o.gif )

And the sabotage of these buildings could be something for the 'gangs'/'guilds' etc to target smile_o.gif

Good stuff mate

and mafia does exactly same as legal Gov ...

only difference is that legal Gov declared mafia activity as illegal smile_o.gif

to Deady

the idea of President ( and the way of the election ) was already offered to the guys ( read my topic there - http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;st=150 )

But unfortunately the creators pay more attention on the game play things such as cellular or gangs/guilds but not about the whole conception of game play sad_o.gif((

Actually MaxRiga they said they are going to implement a president/mayor system, they are just finding out ways to make it work well.

just like to say this mission rocks, and put some life back into the game for me. a couple of things:

1) keep it mod free

2) The idea of the president sounds ace

3) yeah wud be good if money was in some way limited, so what was spent went round to somewhere else. Obiovusly within reason. That tax idea was great, and maybe even add a bit of evolution style trading.

edit: when i say evolution i mean the game, not the mission!! ie you buy 30 repair kits from a warehouse and sell em to the shop to make a couple bucks.

whats the Problem with mods? Sahrani life definatly needs real cop cars with sirens and officer uniforms. Those great musclecars from that other sahrani map would be nice too.

=- @ Nov. 22 2007,10:33)]whats the Problem with mods? Sahrani life definatly needs real cop cars with sirens and officer uniforms. Those great musclecars from that other sahrani map would be nice too.

Boy.... they already mentioned that there will be in somdays a version with addons too.

But that will take some time.... currently they should focus on other points - and that what they do.

Best Regards, Christian

i love the mission.... to crash biggrin_o.gif

eat shit and die...

SBH ruleeeez!

peace guys

Maybe telling this a moderator would be better...

Kids seems to have nothing other to to than crahsing games on the Server... very Sad.

Regards, Christian

What about addons?

Plz add some fun stuff, make addon makers happy because they are wasting a lot of time to make some cool stuff. They are making addons for us! We want to use them! smile_o.gif