Issetea

Sahrani Life

when i try to join a server online with this i get:

mission cant be loaded because of content that has been deleted "cawheeled_ ...etc.

what is this cawheeled addon and where do i get it?

mission cant be loaded because of content that has been deleted "cawheeled_ ...etc.

I also get the warning, however when i click ok, the mission seems to carry on loading up and i can play anyway.

Hi again...

I've also noticed that the mission doesn't seem to be using a deleted vehicle script?? This is really annoying as the bus drivers act stupid with all the destroyed vehicles lying around.

Quote[/b] ]increase maxplayers to 32-64

Sorry mate, but in my opinion that will just lag the game out. Same as SahraniVille, the amount of slots that are available to use, is just the right amount I think anyway.

I also noticed that vehicles have registrations, when I was playing it, it came up saying that vehicle xxxxxxxx has been stolen! Great idea!

I agree with the intro, its nice at first, then drags on a bit.

I love the fact this if your game goes tits up, it keeps your stats so you don't have to start from scratch!

please let this decision to these who own servers ...

just add into mission readme that it's not recommended to use more players on weak servers ...

in moment server owner got enough powerful server with enough 'fat' line then either he is forced to edit mission to support more than max value

or he simply host something else ...

quite sure it isn;'t that hard to create e.g. experimental build of SahraniLife

Sahrani_Life_v?_32p.Sara.pbo or Sahrani_Life_v?_64p.Sara.pbo

for this purpose and gather feedback

I agree with dwarden, increase the amount of players. I know this is simply a copy of mod city and sahrani is about twice the size of Nogova and bigger than Everon,kuglojev, and malden put together, what I'm saying is sahrani is simply too big for just 15 people.

Quote[/b] ] I was a bit confused that the police base got ammo-crates full of every possible weapon (including exotic weapons like Javelins), but that there were still weapon shops.

Police gets free weapons so they are able to defend themselves agains civs (Some civs already start killing cops when they buy a car). Civs can buy their weapons at the shops.

Quote[/b] ]When you open the bank dialog, you should start off selecting yourself in the deposit combo box. Otherwise, the default is to give money to civ1 (who I see getting rich when people are careless and forget to specifically deposit to their own accounts).

This will be fixed in version 1.1.

Quote[/b] ]Although the intro is nice, I felt it was a bit long for one that I couldn't skip (fine the first time, but grating if I have to watch it all every time I log in).

The scripts need time to load and we need the intro in order to prevent the player from using scripts for the first minute.

Quote[/b] ]did the searchjob from workplace 1... it told me to go find a blackhawk in the forest, so i did and then.... nothing. it doesn't give me any further instructions or options and i can't get a new job.

We try to fix this bug as fast as we can. You can cancel the workplace mission at the workplaceflag.

Quote[/b] ]mission cant be loaded because of content that has been deleted "cawheeled_ ...etc.

No Addon should be missing. It seems to be a normal error when the first bike is spawned.

Quote[/b] ]increase maxplayers to 32-64

We will create another version with more slots after we finished fixing some bugs / after version 1.1

Quote[/b] ]Seems to be a massive bug involving the Ammo crates...

The "ammo-crate" bug should be fixed in version 1.1.

Quote[/b] ]Also, where do you buy the car and suicide bombs?

Garage in Masbete (also check the briefing for such infos)

Thanks to you for your support and for all the server admins who added our map.

Other bugfixes and features will follow :)

I was also told that I couldn't play/edit the mission because content had been deleted: cawheeled3_tt650

\ca\wheeled3.pbo is one of the built-in ArmA addons and it has the both versions of the TT650 motorbike in it (TT650C and TT650G). I can't see why we should be having problems with that, since it is an integral part of ArmA itself.

Perhaps, by not having a bike (or anything else from \ca\wheeled3.pbo, which only has the other motobike, the M1030) in the mission, then the addon hasn't been added automatically to the mission so it isn't being loaded up when the mission starts. If that is the case, all that would be needed would be to manually put ""CAWheeled3_M1030" and "CAWheeled3_TT650"" in the addOns and addOnsAuto arrays in the mission.sqm. Alternatively, just place one of each type of bike on Ramadi with 0% chance of appearance, which will force the pbo to be loaded properly at startup.

i had that error, but it made no diffrence, i was still able to buy all the motorbikes...

You guys really need to take out the disarming feature. In most games pistols are legal but cops become crooked, they disarm any person with a pistol then they force you to pay them to give it back, if you don't pay them they send you to jail. This almost happened to me but I knew the admin so he stopped the cops from taking my gun with their scam. But they succeeded on many people before me.

what about stun gun and maybe some 'net firing gun' smile_o.gif

also where are gum projectiles ? smile_o.gif

Yeah, needs the holster script that is in Sahraniville, so we can at least conceal pistols wink_o.gif

Also, after a while the civ gun shops fail. They take your money but no weapon appears in the crate, or the weapon does appear in the crate but you cannot take it out.

A lot of people are making addons, why don't you use this addons?

It will be nice if wee see pistol pack, m14 ebr, camnets, maybe some cool reskins etc.

You've made nice cake, add some chocolate on it :P let it taste better icon_rolleyes.gif

Yeah i think too that some few carefully picked addons would make this mission more "special". Maybe some nice car addon and RH pistol pack? whistle.gif

Its not that big deal to download few addons(especially if you put them to same pack) if you really like this mission and that maybe makes players to get know more of this mission before they rush to some server asking stupid questions.

That is true, having some addons required does go someway to stopping the usual scene of someone joining and saying:

"So is this DM or Coop?" And even after being told its RP, they go around killing everyone.

At least if a mod is required they have to actually go to a website first and read about it, like Sahraniville.

Changes for Sahrani Life 1.01:

- fixed: Wrong variable displayed in bank rob script

- fixed: Small hideout publicvariable error

- fixed: Ammo crate bug

- fixed: Search mission actionbug (Script now works without an action)

- changed: MH6 now cheaper (50k)

- changed: Own player selected when opening the bank menu

- added: Removed some ammo crates in the cop base for the first few minutes of play time

- changed: Cop model changed to "Independent Officer"

- fixed: Cancel action invisible (wp job)

- changed: Russian invasion after ~15 hours

- added: Time since the player joined the mission in stat hint

- fixed: missing addon error

The new version will be released this weekend :)

Addons and more players:

We will add some Addons/Slots to this mission later, but we will always keep one version of the mission without addons.

That is true, having some addons required does go someway to stopping the usual scene of someone joining and saying:

"So is this DM or Coop?" And even after being told its RP, they go around killing everyone.

At least if a mod is required they have to actually go to a website first and read about it, like Sahraniville.

so true, atm it´s just full of idiots (mostly on cop side) who run around killing people too fast.

- changed: Russian invasion after ~15 hours

Good job for such quick update. ^^ That also sounds fun biggrin_o.gif

Hmmm...

No sign of a vehicle remover??

Also... Does this mission work ok with the new server exe? I'm only asking this because I have used this on our private server and it messed with some of the missions that used Group link. Also, I would like it for people to have an original version of ArmA, before they join our server. I've seen that this combats illegal keys??

Anyways, update so far seems good, can't wait!

I think, that the this is great mission. but too little playground. it shouldn't concentrate not to nortth only. but also south. cuz my comp for example is too laggy at north.

and adding stuff to south wouldnt be a bad idea at all.

I hope you could make this mission better with help of creators of SV. cant.

+this has better bying system

+Better working scripts

+Great working inventory

-Small area only at north

-Terrorist base marked on map???

Make area biggerr and lotsa new addons. this'll be great.

and add SSPD SWATs too

biggrin_o.gif

vehicle remover ? i think it should be new job ...

vehicle rescue (call from driver and paid for repair/fuel) or just wreck car style for abadoned dmg beyond repair smile_o.gif

btw i agree that terrorist base should be 'secret' and maybe re-locate from time to time ...

otherwise you get tons of police swarming around soon

So the adding of player slots won't be in the update this weekend?

also you guys need to add the holster script it is essential for a game like this and maybe it could stops cops from scamming you when they disarm you. Also the cops disarming civilians is almost a game ruining feature for me whether pistols are legal or not cops always disarm you and it doesn't help with the fact we can't even put our hands up with a gun in our hand causing plenty of misunderstandings with cops and civs.

Best RPG-Mission out right now. Needs a Pistol Holster function, and some more towns and citys that are outside of the main town, and maybe some more side-features or side-places to work out in the more rural areas for people that want to get away from the bussling city, and it'll be even better.

Quote[/b] ] also you guys need to add the holster script it is essential for a game like this and maybe it could stops cops from scamming you when they disarm you.

OK guys we just finished scripting a small holster script for handguns which also enables the ability of carrying two handguns at the same time (one in your inventory and one normal). Cops are able to see the weapon when checking the inventory of the civ. Disarming a civ will also remove the weapon from the inventory.

1. Holster the handgun via your action menu.

2. use the inventory to get the weapon back into your hands (if you have two handguns, the other one will be stored in the inventory).

included in version 1.01.

Other fixes/changes:

- medikits and bombs buyable at terror-hideout

- workplace mission info in stats

- fixed: null-obj, error for some jip people

- disarm a civ now costs $500

- the player can buy medikits and bombs at the terror-base

Quote[/b] ]So the adding of player slots won't be in the update this weekend?

Not this weekend.

Quote[/b] ]Terrorist base marked on map???

Yes, but cops can't enter the base. They will be teleported back to their own base when they try to enter the area. (Same with civs at cop base).

Quote[/b] ]No sign of a vehicle remover??

Destroyed vehicles are deleted after 10 minutes in version 1.0; changed to 2 minutes in version 1.01. Other vehicles won't be deleted, because we can't check if anyone wants to repair and reuse them.

Thanks for your support and reports :).

Thanks alot maybe the disarming feature costing money will make it less frequent.

Quote[/b] ]No sign of a vehicle remover??

Destroyed vehicles are deleted after 10 minutes in version 1.0; changed to 2 minutes in version 1.01. Other vehicles won't be deleted, because we can't check if anyone wants to repair and reuse them.

That's the whole point though ain't it?? Deleting all the objects that are not being used will calm the lag factor down, giving you the ability to use more scripts without lagging up the mission?

- Destroyed vehicles should be removed straight away, as they are of no use.

- Vehicles that need repairing or left unattended, should be deleted after a certain amount of time, "UNLESS" the owner has locked the vehicle... Some people CTD then never come back to the server, so their vehicle is left there. People CTD all the time, it would only be a matter of time before all the unattended vehicles become a massive problem...