Sign in to follow this  
durg78

Durg's Vegetation Fix

Installing "Durg's Vegetation Fix" FOR DUMMIES (like Me)

1. Extract all files from the .RAR to your ARMA folder.

2. Run the "Durgs_Vegetation_Fix.bat" file located in the "ARMA\Durgs Vegetation Fix\tools" folder.

3. Standby while the .bat does its work it will shut down on its own.

4. Dont forget to create a new shortcut with the "-mod=@DurgsVegetationFix" in the target box under shortcut properties.

READ ON TO INSTALL LowPlants...

5. Run the LowPlants setup file and when it gets to the part asking for the location of your ARMA folder point it to this:

"Your drive letter here:\ArmA\@DurgsVegetationFix"

6. Copy the 2 PBO's located in "ArmA\@DurgsVegetationFix\LowPLants\addons" folder to

"ArmA\@DurgsVegetationFix\addons"

7. Delete the LowPLants Folder from @DurgsVegetationFix folder

READ ON IF YOU DONT OWN Queens Gambit...

8. Extract the "Sara_grass.pbo"

9. Open the config and find this line:

"Required Addons" then delete the first instance (db1 something)

10. Save the Config and re-pack the PBO with same name as before (Sara_grass.pbo)

NOTE: A non QG version of Lowplants is out now so u could also just install that one.

Thats pretty much it. After all that you can rename the Mod Folder to whatever and add all your fav addons back into the new folder weeee...

Hope this helps someone

,Meat

I just installed this mod and the shorter vegetation mod, and after the first time I launched ArmA I was greated with an error:

"Warning: preNLOD format in object ca\plants\palm_03.p3d"

Is there any solution for this? Thanks.

No, this mod does not work with any other vegetation/tree/bush mod except for Kegetys "lowplants". Even then, the instructions are quite specific about how to install them both.

Well I think it works with the proper vegetation mod as well. smile_o.gif At least I didn't get any error messages, the game doesn't crash etc.

I just installed this mod and the shorter vegetation mod, and after the first time I launched ArmA I was greated with an error:

"Warning: preNLOD format in object ca\plants\palm_03.p3d"

Is there any solution for this? Thanks.

No, this mod does not work with any other vegetation/tree/bush mod except for Kegetys "lowplants". Even then, the instructions are quite specific about how to install them both.

Well I think it works with the proper vegetation mod as well. smile_o.gif At least I didn't get any error messages, the game doesn't crash etc.

You'll probably find one of 2 things has happened:

1. No change has been made at all.

2. The wrong viewblock models have been applied to trees that are no longer the same shape.

Well ... i'm still a bit confused about the MP-Issue.

Do the Server/Host and the Client need this addon to work propper for all players?

What will happen, if the server runs this mod, but some client doesn't? Wouldn't this mess up the ai-behavier in some way?

MfG Medicus

Quote[/b] ]Do the Server/Host and the Client need this addon to work propper for all players?

Yes i would like clarification on this also please.

A fantastic mod. Sadly though, this will not be very useful in MP as I don't see many servers installing this. sad_o.gif

(Yes, we really do need a community server-side mod package)

if AI runs on server (non player group AIs) then You need addon on server

if AI runs in Your group, then it's Your clientside and You should use it too ...

for coop missions with just players vs AI it's enough to be on server only ...

Nice fix, but its funny how an outsider can fix this and not BIS. Face it BIS! nearly all the cool stuff are made by gamers, not you. Thank you GAMERS

if AI runs on server (non player group AIs) then You need addon on server

if AI runs in Your group, then it's Your clientside and You should use it too ...

for coop missions with just players vs AI it's enough to be on server only ...

Thank you, Dwarden!

MfG Medicus smile_o.gif

Nice fix, but its funny how an outsider can fix this and not BIS. Face it BIS! nearly all the cool stuff are made by gamers, not you. Thank you GAMERS

I doubt BIS can hire one person to only sit and make the viewblocks.. There is a balance between time and result. Addonmakers can do how complex things as they want and work on it for a very long time.

But yes, alot of good stuff comes from addonmakers. I can no longer play arma without a couple of excellent mods.

Im just asking myself one question over and over again when seeing such great improvements:

If "normal guys from the streets" aka customers be able to Produce such great addons without any performance-drop, why the Hell the BIS Programmer Team isnt able to do so?

they al least made the engine and the game that allow people to do it, it can't be said of all developers smile_o.gif

Had to disable it cause for some odd reason i had graphics error after using it for a while, sometimes just the usual lines and colours flipping around when i looked at some trees then once the shadow of a tree did stay on my units and moved with us.

I merged Lowplants and Durgs fix exactly as described before.

Also i had freezes after playing for roughly 15-20 mins often.

Could also be related to another mod or the game itself but since i started to use lowplants alone again all seems to work again.

Nice mod, with little to no impact on fps... It's often hard to tell whether or not this really changes gameplay, but I have witnessed some occasions when the AI lost trace of other units in forest.

However, what's the use of bashing and blaming BIS each time a new mod comes out ? The mods are there to improve the game under many aspects. Some of you may know that every single game or product in every single industry has room for improvement. Lots of improvement...

So keep the mods coming and stop blaming BIS for things they did, but not as you would. Not satisfied with BIS work ? Join their development team in Prague and do better than them with the same assets available.

Malick

Nice mod, with little to no impact on fps... It's often hard to tell whether or not this really changes gameplay, but I have witnessed some occasions when the AI lost trace of other units in forest.

However, what's the use of bashing and blaming BIS each time a new mod comes out ? The mods are there to improve the game under many aspects. Some of you may know that every single game or product in every single industry has room for improvement. Lots of improvement...

So keep the mods coming and stop blaming BIS for things they did, but not as you would. Not satisfied with BIS work ? Join their development team in Prague and do better than them with the same assets available.

Malick

+ 1000

To mods: I'm not trying to spam. I just wanted to say that I fully agree without adding any fuel to any potential conflict that may arise.

I might be going way out here. i love arma and i played ofp since day1. but family and work gives me no time to learn how to do scripting, addons, mapping etc etc.

was wondering , that given that you were able to make/alter this addon how difficult it would be to create a sniper, with some of the grass vegetation on him as part of his cammo, and add your vegetation fix to that cammo. that would bring the sniper in line with real life , as you would be able to snipe away even from 300m and the enemy wouldnt be able to spot you with just a turn of a head, as they do it in arma.

might be a yay.gif idea, but never the less its an idea xmas_o.gif

Installing "Durg's Vegetation Fix" FOR DUMMIES (like Me)

1. Extract all files from the .RAR to your ARMA folder.

2. Run the "Durgs_Vegetation_Fix.bat" file located in the "ARMA\Durgs Vegetation Fix\tools" folder.

3. Standby while the .bat does its work it will shut down on its own.

4. Dont forget to create a new shortcut with the "-mod=@DurgsVegetationFix" in the target box under shortcut properties.

I'm a bit confused. I see.....

After unzipping the "Durgs_Vegetation_Fix.bat" file is located in the "ARMA\Durgs Vegetation Fix\@Durgs Vegetation Fix\tools" folder.

Then when.....

I would have to assume it was supposed create the "@Durgs Vegetation Fix" folder in the ArmA directory, which it hasn't.

Is there any specific reason we need an installer for this pbo

After unzipping the "Durgs_Vegetation_Fix.bat" file is located in the "ARMA\Durgs Vegetation Fix\@Durgs Vegetation Fix\tools" folder.

Then when.....

I would have to assume it was supposed create the "@Durgs Vegetation Fix" folder in the ArmA directory, which it hasn't.

Is there any specific reason we need an installer for this pbo

Looks like you have created your own map called Durgs Vegetation Fix? I think this because you say: file is located in the "ARMA\Durgs Vegetation Fix\@Durgs Vegetation Fix\tools" folder

If you look yourself there is the @Durgs Vegetation Fix folder IN the Durgs Vegetation Fix folder

So just extract that folder remove the one without @

Hope this helps

If you look yourself there is the @Durgs Vegetation Fix folder IN the Durgs Vegetation Fix folder

thats kind of my point. thats what i got.

Not .......file located in the "ARMA\Durgs Vegetation Fix\tools" folder

So why do we execute the bat?

I unzip the file. Get "ARMA\Durgs Vegetation Fix\@Durgs Vegetation Fix\..." which conatins 3 folders 'addons','doc', and 'tools'.

Readme tells me to run the batch file. Doesn't realy explain what it does, it goes of and does something, got nothing to show for it. and I'm left with this folder containing amonst other things a 'trees_fixed.pbo.bk'.I'm not familiar with '.bk'. And no explanation as to why MikerosDos tools, or Depbofixes are included.

Sorry  I don't like to complain about addons as they are generated by freely given blood sweat and tears (not to mention time).But I realy want to try this addon and there seems a missing explanation here. Or someone has snuck up and whacked me on the back of the head with a STUPID stick.

thats kind of my point. thats what i got.

Not .......file located in the "ARMA\Durgs Vegetation Fix\tools" folder

So why do we execute the bat?

I unzip the file. Get "ARMA\Durgs Vegetation Fix\@Durgs Vegetation Fix\..." which conatins 3 folders 'addons','doc', and 'tools'.

Readme tells me to run the batch file. Doesn't realy explain what it does, it goes of and does something, got nothing to show for it. and I'm left with this folder containing amonst other things a 'trees_fixed.pbo.bk'.I'm not familiar with '.bk'. And no explanation as to why MikerosDos tools, or Depbofixes are included.

Sorry  I don't like to complain about addons as they are generated by freely given blood sweat and tears (not to mention time).But I realy want to try this addon and there seems a missing explanation here. Or someone has snuck up and whacked me on the back of the head with a STUPID stick.

If, when you unzip the the file, it creates "ARMA\Durgs Vegetation Fix\@Durgs Vegetation Fix\"  then it has something to do with the unzip program you are using, or how you are using it.  I'm using WinRAR.

Here's a technical explination as to what the bat file does:

1) copies the original games's plants.pbo to the "@DugsVegetationFix\Addons" folder

2) Renames the trees_fixed.pbo.bk to trees_fixed.pbo

(bk stands for backup, trees_fixed.pbo contains only the models that I've modified... no textures, only models.. this keeps the download size small)

3) runs PatchPbo which creates a new file "plants.patched.pbo". This file contains everything from plants.pbo (models & textures). It then inserts the models that are in trees_fixed.pbo into the "plants.patched.pbo".

4) delete's the copied version of plants.pbo.

5) renames "plants.patched.pbo" to "plants.pbo"

6) renames "trees_fixed.pbo" back to "trees_fixed.pbo.bk"

Short version: it generates a plants.pbo in "ARMA\@Durgs Vegetation Fix\Addons"

This will be a double post in 2 threads, due to both parties need commended.

This is working perfect with Vista Ultimate 64.

Thank you very much.

sneaky night missions in woods are now full fun instead of frustration ...

xmas_o.gif