Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

Lowplants v1.1

Also I read that the 1.09 patch is going to do something with the grass in the North, how will that affect lowplants?

If you prefer the 1.09 grass then you could just remove the grass pbo that this addon puts in the lowplants addon folder. Or you could keep it if you prefer it.

so the two aren't mutually compatible, then.

Huh? Well of course both can't work at once, that would make no sense.

Lowplants changes the graphics model for the grass (I believe?) and 1.09 will just redo the grass clutter on the north for improved performance.

Lowplants changes the graphics model for the grass (I believe?) and 1.09 will just redo the grass clutter on the north for improved performance.

Redo the grass clutter? Well to 'redo' it would mean a new model. And that's what was said in the blog. You mean spread it out more? That would look pretty bad. You would have gaps between grass sections.

This will be a double post in 2 threads, due to both parties need commended.

This is working perfect with Vista Ultimate 64.

Thank you very much.

the readme says to install this mod then add on some text to the shortcut but im usin one of the sound mods which already has adjusted the shortcut.

would it cause any probs if i just added these two files to the core folder?

the readme says to install this mod then add on some text to the shortcut but im usin one of the sound mods which already has adjusted the shortcut.

You can add as many mods as you like to your shortcut, just separate each one with a ;

for instance:

-mod=FDF_Sounds;@TrueMods;@GMJ_SightAdjustment;@NWD_Ballistics;@NWD_ScopeFix;@ArmAEffects;lowpl

ants

Don't do that. Use the mod folder method for the addons/mods you dl. If you keep only the original .pbo's in the main AddOns folder it's a hell of a lot easier to keep organized. From personal experience I dl'd a ton of addons/mods and threw everything in the main AddOns folder when I first got the game. Eventually I had somethings that conflicted but it took hours to figure out what the culprits were.

Just my 2c.

Is the lowplants mod now obsolete after 1.09 beta patch?

I wouldn't think so, I'm still seeing a 10FPS gain in North Sahrani using the lowplants mod with beta patch 1.09...

Thanks, will try this out too.

Lowplants should still be usefull as 1.09beta and Lowplants use different methods to gain performance.

Plus Lowplants also affects the south and other islands with the Sahrani plants used.

I think it's been said that it's not possible because each pbo generated is slightly different in some bytes and that results in the key not working or seeing it as a cheat.

Would it be possible to get signature and key for this?

If you have a server and want to play with this and signatures enabled, make an own key and sign it. You have to provide the pbos, the key and the signature file for everyone who wants to play then.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki....er_keys

Ok, thanks. If i put from server settings:

onDifferentData="";

do i still have to give that same pbo to everyone or is signature enough?

Top work, thx alot yay.gif
If it is so easy to fix the Queens Gambit requirement would it be possible to release a only ArmA version shortly?

Or a 50 word or less instruction on what to change in the cfg? smile_o.gif

Delete db1 from required addons line in sara_grass.pbo

how do i do that?

With 1.09 beta, that "fixes" the grass also you don't need the "new" grass in lowplants anymore. So you can just keep the plants.pbo from lowplants for the shader tweak which doesnt have the queens gambit requirement.

With 1.09 beta, that "fixes" the grass also you don't need the "new" grass in lowplants anymore. So you can just keep the plants.pbo from lowplants for the shader tweak which doesnt have the queens gambit requirement.

Cant wait to try this with the 1.11 beta,

One little problem thou. I'm on a crap-tastic dialup line with a blazing DL rate averaging about 2.6 Kbps banghead.gif

So bad in fact I'm forced to use a download manager simply to cover the gaps when I momentarily loose connections with the server (Once every minute or two), so does anyone have a good mirror for me that would support resuming of the download?

Please, please, please? notworthy.gif

this maybe a silly question... is there any reason for the installer rather then a @LowPlants folder? to be more specific, does the installer create something that is different for every user based on their system and configuration of arma? if i was to install it on my system, could i distribute it to my friends and have it work for everybody?

i haven't tested this yet, but will this cause issues on servers that require signed addons?

The installer creates the new plants.pbo from the original plants.pbo, distributing the whole thing would be neither practical(due to its size) or legal.

Why isn't it legal?

The vegetation MLOD have been released by BI itself.

As long as you adhere to their given conditions, I cannot see

the problem.

The size is 200 MB with rar. So .7zip should reduce that even more.

Thanks for the insight Kegetys.

the reason i brought it up is because, as i have been doing in other threads, is to get the best of the best addons signed. i hope you consider this bro