Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

Lowplants v1.1

Here's a small mod I made, it changes the vegetation in Sahrani to use the 'very low' detail shaders when shader detail is set to a higher setting. This increases performance quite alot without having to disable all the normal maps etc from everywhere as you get with 'very low' shaders. The vegetation textures are also modified so that they do not look as pale without the normal maps. The main grass model and texture are also modified for better performance and appearance. All this gives a nice performance boost without a significant loss in image quality.

It requires Queens Gambit, and changes both the default Sahrani and QG Sahrani.

Some comparison screenshots (Downscaled from 2048x1536):

Shot 1: Normal shaders (25FPS) / with lowplants (37FPS, 48% increase)

Shot 2: Normal shaders (16FPS) / with lowplants (24FPS, 50% increase)

Shot 3: Normal shaders (33FPS) / with lowplants (46FPS, 40% increase)

Get it from my ArmA site. To install, just run the installer and then use the 'lowplants' modfolder (Ie. add -mod=lowplants to your ArmA shortcut).

It actually doesn't look much worse from what I can see in the screens, so I guess I'll give this a try and bump up the resolution smile_o.gif

It says Queens Gambit is required, why? Does it use anything from QG? huh.gif

For sure it's a nice work, but shame i havn't buy QG yet.

Is it possible to release an ArmA vanilla version @ Kegetys?

nice work on this vary nice love to try it out but requires Queens Gambit any chance of makeing it for original ArmA? Would be lovely wink_o.gif

Did I already tell you how much I love all your work for OFP/ArmA ?

If not: thank you Kegety, I love everything you have done for Arma and OFP !

Do you plan on releasing a high quality sky texture pack, like you did for OFP with Hisky ?

Malick

Just gave it a quick try. Very happy with it. Besides losing normal maps on trees, it doesn't seem to look worse.

It ran fine for me without QG, just had an error message which I fixed myself by making some small changes in the config of the grass addon. Anyone with a little config knowledge can fix it. If not, you can just click ok on the error message and you'll be fine.

So no QG required biggrin_o.gif

Anyway great job. Nice to have such a performance boost and hardly lose anything in the graphics - in fact the higher resolution and AA now makes ArmA look much better smile_o.gif

Sounds cool but would this work if I was to use the CWC Vegetation with it?

Edit - Hmm very good, fps seems to go up if I look directly at a tree instead of down. FPS upto 60 with everything on very high.

Oh and it just switches trees back to ArmA Veg if tried with the CWC Veg pack if anyone else wondred.

If it is so easy to fix the Queens Gambit requirement would it be possible to release a only ArmA version shortly?

oh and amazing work. thumbs-up.gif

If it is so easy to fix the Queens Gambit requirement would it be possible to release a only ArmA version shortly?

Or a 50 word or less instruction on what to change in the cfg? smile_o.gif

Top work, thx alot yay.gif

Or a 50 word or less instruction on what to change in the cfg? smile_o.gif

Delete db1 from required addons line in sara_grass.pbo

This looks and sounds great.. Love how it increaes FPS..

If the threadstarter is kegetys you can be sure that it is a very helpful addon yay.gif

Thx man !

*just finishing the news and then I'll try this one out*

Delete db1 from required addons line in sara_grass.pbo

Cool.

Oh, you have 41 more words, in case there's anything else you want to tell us. smile_o.gif

yay.gif

Amazing, just when i thought Kegetys may not be active in the ArmA scene anymore this comes out.

Perfect work as always, hats of to Kegetys smile_o.gif

Sounds nice, just dont understand the QG dependancy, i have QG but i dont really use it..

Thanks smile_o.gif .

Thanks alot for this usefull addon, it offers much better framerates at a very low cost (almost no difference from the looks).

Kegetys is truly a trademark you can rely on for excellent enhancements, very nice to see you are still active in ARMA.  thumbs-up.gif