Sign in to follow this  
mondkalb

MK-77 Napalm

Typed AI fire "AT_Mk20Launcher" into the activation field on a waypoit and nothing happened. Am I being dese or do enemy forces have to be present. Is there anything else I should do. These are probably one of the prettiest effect addons i've seen in a while!

Lamar

@Lamar

You must replace the "AI" in "AI fire "MK...."" with the name of the plane ^^

@Al01

We watched a lot of real footage but there is no way to realize an 100% real napalmexplosion in Arma, because we cant simulate the liquid flow in the explosion. (But we will try to make the effect more realistic in the future)

*runs out from burning area, leaving behind a burning plane and pants on fire*

IT BURNS AND STICK!! its working allright man! biggrin_o.gif

Nice stuff, only i cant get AI to target stuff (anything) with it ?

If You fly too slow you can be hit with your own napalm, an irritating feature which has killed me quite a few times when aiming to nail an enemy troop formation with enough accuracy

I foudn a little bug sad_o.gif

I was flying low and i dropped it and i died but then when picking another aircraft the bomb blew up a few 100 metres away from my aircraft! confused_o.gif Whats up with that?

Other than that a great add-on! whistle.gifthumbs-up.gif

I like the Rockeye effect with the dud how it just slams into the ground and makes a funny sound rofl.gif

i know its in the bug but does anyone know why sometimes when you drop 3 or 4 at once to make a wall of fire, only 1 or 2 actually explode, earlier i dropped all of them and only 2 exploded, the others disappeared

napalm so sticky it sticks to laser pointer

funny thing i found, use a laser target for ai to drop napalm on target then after the boom move laser target around and the laser pointer is on fire and it spreads it around.

i know its in the bug but does anyone know why sometimes when you drop 3 or 4 at once to make a wall of fire, only 1 or 2 actually explode, earlier i dropped all of them and only 2 exploded, the others disappeared

I think the bombs exploded in mid-air because they received dammage from other explosions.

@urban

You must drop the napalm with an delay of 2-3 seconds. The effects are sent over the network in the multiplayer and thats cause that the script is a little bit slow in detecting napalmexplosion.

@ballistic

The laserspot is an object an die napalmexplosion ignites all objects ^^ thats a funny bug, but i think we can fix it soon

@urban

You must drop the napalm with an delay of 2-3 seconds. The effects are sent over the network in the multiplayer and thats cause that the script is a little bit slow in detecting napalmexplosion.

@ballistic

The laserspot is an object an die napalmexplosion ignites all objects ^^ thats a funny bug, but i think we can fix it soon

Thanks for the reply, that would make sense because it was in multiplayer with a friend that i was having the problem. Excellent addon, i am seriously hooked on it, there doesn't seem to be a problem that cant be solved with a little napalm! great work notworthy.gif

I've gotten the guided issue fixed with the config.cpp for the Mk-20 Rockeye after messing with it for a while.  I allowed both Laser and IR guidance to it, but haven't had the need to use the laser part yet.

I haven't messed with the Mk-77 yet....

Let me know if you want the config.cpp file with these changes.

I noticed and deleted some unneeded config arguements that might have messed it up without throwing a critical config error.

Regarding the arming and HOB coverage for the Mk-20, it is clearly hitting 100 to 250 meters short of where the target is every time I fire it.

Also, any plans to offer a configurable HOB altitude via GUI interface or action menu choices?  Maybe deploying the Mk-20 at HOB altitude might make it more reliable than the current system.

@havoc

At the moment we are reworking the config. Laserguided will be diabled because mk77 and mk20 are both "dumb-bombs".

The MK20 has a timefuse, the detonation doenst depends on the altitude. We think the current system is reliable.

Another thing I forgot to mention, this weapon does not work when deployed at altitudes greater than 700 meters approximately.  The munitions either don't get created (low possibility), or the most likely reason is the submunitions that can explode (not your mine submunitions) do not have a long enough time to live to exist for impact in the config.cpp file.

I've changed the TTL (Time to Live) on the submunitions to a longer amount, and that seemed to fix the issue.

The laser guided part was added for testing the config in my effort to debug it.  I am well aware that the Mk-20 Rockeye is a dumb bomb munition.

The MK20 has a timefuse, the detonation doenst depends on the altitude. We think the current system is reliable.

You need to switch it to altitude fused, it is equally reliable.

I have many difficulties placing these on target. They allways appear to fall too soon, now I know why.

BTW: are you sure the submunitions have the same momentum before and after being deployed?

I mean, the swarm of submunition should still be flying sideways after they deploy, they seem to fall vertically to me (I allways hit before the target no matter what i try and I am not that bad with bombs)...

Great effect on these. OOh forgot to check out the cluster bomb!

A question though, when dropping two or three of these, my frame rate hits the floor ~ like 12-14 FPS. Does everyone get that? My rig is high end.

Great addition to ARMA bro xmas_o.gif

Hey can you make a MK-20 for the AV-8B because the A-10 uses all of its other ammo first, than uses cluster bombs, even with lazer desig.

Combine napalm with a zombie mod + one of the cities & some small weapon mods and you've got 28 weeks later

...I might go play around with a mission to try that

I'm typing plane1 fire "AT_Mk20Launcher" in a the activation filed on a seek and destroy waypoint with a laser target and the plane just isnt flying. I also have the plane flying at 500 by flyinhieght command in units init. help.gif

have you tried, like, setting it to 'flying' in the little box where 'In formation' is, in the unit placer

Hi, i am trying to create a little script so that you can access the radio and call in munitions, this works with the default BIS munitions, but when i try to use the napalm and cluster bomb, they fall, hit the ground, i hear the explosions but there is no visual effect.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_shell = "AT_Bo_MK77_Nap" createvehicle [0,0]

Is there something i should be taking into account in order to get this to work?

I have the same problem as u winters. I call in the bomb though a script and all i get is the audio but no visual or physical (dammage) effect. Could somedbody maybe upload a demo mission or something cos this is a tad frustrating. Thanks