Sign in to follow this  
mondkalb

MK-77 Napalm

Holy shit again! This is so cool! Thanks guys. Next time you get bored, could you create Mother of all bombs and Father of all bombs?

Mk-20 Rockeye is planned.

MOAB... let's see.

Someone asked for a Daisy Cutter - since the method of delivery would be a problem in ArmA (BLU-82B dropped by DC-3... nahhh), this wont be made yet.

Anyway, the Mk-77 has to work proper in wooden areas, in this version the woods are still intact after fire is out...

There's a lot to do...

hehe.. funny.. Me gots a feelin that it will nuke the FPS as well as the whole area..

Very nice addon so far.

I would like to see "dumb" bombs in ArmA, instead of evolved ones : like free fall NATO Mk82/83/84 and Soviet FAB250/500/750/1000.

The problem is, would the AI know how to use them ?

"Don't-crash-your-A10-in-that-T80-after-dropping-a-bomb"

Malick

I would love to see dumb bombs with a computer controlled impact point on the hud has anybody made this yet??

Hmmm... CCIP should be doable I would think, and even CCRP (with a setmarker kinda script) or some kind of DToss would be cool, too.

Saw the video...looks great!  One thing though, from the vids I've seen of the real ones, they tumble in the air.  Is that possible in ArmA?  

GD Mast

Tried them out in the game.

I think you've got them wrong. Napalm is supposed to create lines of fire, not just circles. No matter what angle I tried to drop it at all I got were small flaming spots.

Second problem is that AIs can see you clearly trougth the smoke and fire, which puts you on a lost position if you're trying to go for a second run.

The idea of using napalm is to create a line of fire enemy cannot pass nor see trougth, this is how it was used back in nam, to support defending force (or create burnt-out landing zones).

AT first: This addon is still Beta, so be prepared for a better version.

We got it making some fire lines, but these were depending on the angle of flight that the napalm bomb has. So it could happen that your fireline is incredible long and thin.

It's some mathematic work, but I think NeoArmageddon can handle it. tounge2.gif

AI-Viewblock: It will be simple to do that, I think this will be done in next version. Thanks for your suggesion.

I dont have any idea how to get the MK-77 tumble.

Mk-20 Rockeye is planned.

MOAB... let's see.

Someone asked for a Daisy Cutter - since the method of delivery would be a problem in ArmA (BLU-82B dropped by DC-3... nahhh), this wont be made yet.

Anyway, the Mk-77 has to work proper in wooden areas, in this version the woods are still intact after fire is out...

There's a lot to do...

The problem of Daisy Cuter is that haven't plane to launch the bomb? The MOAB would be this problem? ...

The last question... instead of MOAB why not the FOAB? ... the Russion bomb that is 4x more powerful....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6990815.stm FOAB

Thanks

Aren't there also smaller fuel-air explosive bombs? No reason to go for the biggest of the big.

@Mondkalb

Thanks for the answer, I've been hoping you guys are still working on it.

This is going to be great addon once finished smile_o.gif.

I tryed this and I love it.

I was in a plane as the player droping a full load in one of the towns, but I also set up a civilian as playable, so just after I drop the very last one I pres "T" in my keyboard and select the civi, that happans to be in the middle of the bomb run.

Suicidal? Maybe, but bloody amazing to see them coming and blowing one by one right in front of you.

We just realesed an updated mk77 in a pack called AT_AirWeapons. The pack contains an improved napalmbomb and a mk20 rockeye (clusterbomb).

Can someone please update the topic of this thread to "AT AirWeapons 1.0" ?

MK-20 has been released.

See first post.

(Someone who is able could rename this post to "AT AirWeapons 1.0", with this Subtitle "Mk-77 & Mk-20".)

it's a sweet addon m8, but a suggestion:

Napalm after being dropped, doesn't explode on a big hot point, but on a line... see for example Apocalypse now movie, you'll understand what I mean... smile_o.gif

any suggestions on how to get the Ai to use these....Tried Ir lock=1 but to no avail. Dying to get the ai to use these beauties!

Lamar

@Linker

There is a line but it depends on the speed if the MK77. The bunring area can be 20mx20m (the bomb falls vertikal) or 50mx20m. There is no other way to create a good line of burning napalm.

@Lamar

You must write AI fire "AT_MK77Launcher" or AT_MK20Launcher in a Waypoint. SOmetimes you must write AI flyinheight ~200 or the AI will fly in his own bomb.

Like the idea of this addon but experiences some incompability when used along with others addons (in a mod folder).

First time Mk-77 or Mk-20 is used I receive this error message (but only the first time after a ArmA restart).

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

No entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgModels.default'.

This may be old news to you but looking in the report file after testing this addon there are quite a few issues...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

File at_napalm\config.cpp, line 148: '/CfgAmmo/AT_Bo_MK77_Nap.displayName': Missing ';' at the end of line

File at_napalm\config.cpp, line 148: '/CfgAmmo/AT_Bo_MK77_Nap.Cost': Missing ';' at the end of line

File at_rockeye\config.cpp, line 93: '/CfgAmmo/AT_Bo_MK20_CBU.displayName': Missing ';' at the end of line

File at_rockeye\config.cpp, line 93: '/CfgAmmo/AT_Bo_MK20_CBU.Cost': Missing ';' at the end of line

File at_rockeye\config.cpp, line 110: '/CfgAmmo/AT_MK118_A.displayName': Missing ';' at the end of line

File at_rockeye\config.cpp, line 110: '/CfgAmmo/AT_MK118_A.Cost': Missing ';' at the end of line

Warning: at_napalm\mbg_nap.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 337, 336, 339

Warning: at_napalm\mbg_nap_proxy.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 337, 336, 339

Great idea and keep it up! Looking forward to future versions of this and also would like to see similar dumb bombs for the East side (FAB 500 etc...)

/KC

the thing is u have real napalm and then movie special effects napalm, which if u watch proper footage doesn't really go in a true line, its near enough a line, like in apocolypse now napalm doesn't instantly blow up in a line like that it explodes and spreads

real napalm

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IOrnShOifeI

movie napalm

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=z5eXFeW0aI0