Sign in to follow this  
-10thMT-Tack-Up

SquadServers.com any Good?

Im thinking about renting a server for my unit, but i want a rental place that is trustworthy and that the stuff will work. Any of you guys know if this is a good rental place or a bad one? Any feedback is welcomed. Just keep it on topic.

Yes and Yes If you want to test one out go to the 88th blue devils server and test out the server....

Tack-Up @ Oct. 31 2007,21:10)]Im thinking about renting a server for my unit, but i want a rental place that is trustworthy and that the stuff will work. Any of you guys know if this is a good rental place or a bad one? Any feedback is welcomed. Just keep it on topic.

The US sites hosted by them are on a 100MB feed and just blocks away from the L.A. DNS server (one of the main 13 that control the internet) for the western US. The guy that controls it builds all the computers himself and also overclocks them befor installing them.

I would assume that the UK side of the operation is on the same scale.

I recommend them 100%.

feel free to pop over to SquadServer forums and ask our existing clients about their experiences with us.

as it stands we host for 11 squads with our servers in data centres in UK , LA, NY and TX.

for a full list of servers and the stats for those servers u can check here

http://www.squadserver.com/main/modules.php?name=Active_Servers

this shows the servers we host and clicking on any server will give u the IP and info for those servers (map, players, scores etc etc)

if u need some more technical info feel free to register on our forums and post any queries u might have

forums can be found @ http://www.squadserver.com/forums/index.php

if u need anything more feel free to PM me, here or from the SS forums or email me - john@squadserver.co.uk

John - Escobar

and yes the UK server is was also OC'd before installation into the data centre, more CPU and more RAM b/w is nothing but a bonus, lol

i think its really cheaper to rent a rootserver... you just need to find a good provider with ping wink_o.gif

we got a 1gb network server, with better hardware as one of the most expensive squadservers.com ArmA server.. thats crazy (but pay the roughly half for it.. )

Of course if you are prepared to source the server, connection deal and install/maintain the software yourself you can probably get cheaper. For us at the Theatre of War tournament, the level of assistance we have received from Squad Server and there willingness to work with us on specific requests means we have more time to dedicate to the development of our tournament. I would have no hesitation in recommending them and describing their packages as great value for money.

server maintenance?

sorry but lol:

- uploading files

- starting dedicated server

- open port (firewall)

- (and if you want edit profile.arma)

thats it... we needed 5 min for configuration and 1 1/2 hour for uploading wink_o.gif

and if we need we can start a teamspeak or webserver on root (we got both seperated and use ventrilo.. but we can if we want wink_o.gif )

Security, backup, experience and knowledge. That's what you

trade your money for.

It's up to everyone to decide what's more important.

Yes server maintanance. Things are easy whilst they're working but you need to keep them working and it''s when there is a problem that you really need to have the desire, time and ability to fix it or the support of a good host.

If you want to do it yourself that's great for you, but that doesn't mean that when someone offers to provide that service for you (of course at a cost) you are not getting a good deal.

23rd is currently using squadservers.co.uk services. If you want to try it, just connect there. Generally speaking it's ok, but we have some major lag issue on one's connecting (and its quite irritaiting),

tried increase bw parameters ? ... IC solved most of issues on theirs server with that ...

23rd is currently using squadservers.co.uk services. If you want to try it, just connect there. Generally speaking it's ok, but we have some major lag issue on one's connecting (and its quite irritaiting),

Why not post this info on the SS forums so it can be dealt with???

if we don't know your having lag spikes on connection how can we fix it?

i'll tweak your B/W settings, but it would be nice if we knew this first.

Esco

64GBP for a 32 slot server?huh.gif?

250Mb map/mod storage

core 2 duo 6600 not OC'd or nothing

please tell me how that compares to us in any fashion?huh.gif

64GBP for a 32 slot server?huh.gif?

250Mb map/mod storage

core 2 duo 6600 not OC'd or nothing

please tell me how that compares to us in any fashion?huh.gif

It's like night and day.

Squadservers.com is like high noon and the other like a bug in the darkest night.

250MB's of map storage?

Are they still in the Commador 64 days or what?

No need to bad talk other providers, let the customer decide for themselves whats good or not?

Huh? The guy provides a good service, and some how manages to do it without the need to bad mouth other people, end of.

Edit; In response to RN Escobar, hijacking read original Tack-ups post, If you wish to talk more about this PM me.

Tack-ups the guidelines written on gaming deluxe website are exactly that, custom services can be sought from the them, hoped you would have a few more positive responses to your post.

w/e

if people feel that is a fair price to pay for that hardware/service thats up to them, while u seem to think i was badmouthing him i see it as drawing attention to the fact that there are better levels of hardware available at reduced prices than those.

when someone asks about my hosting service and it gets hijacked into someone else's hosting service i'm gonna compare the 2, its not personal, its business.

Esco

gamingdeluxe.co.uk appear to actually be using server-level hardware (64Bit Xeons, etc) and will provide better performance.

The Q6700 is a desktop processor and should only be used as such.

Ok mods please close this topic i would not like things to fly off the handle, or any hard feelings to be traded across this thread.

tried increase bw parameters ? ... IC solved most of issues on theirs server with that ...

in what values the bandwith has to be increased?

mine is set at max for 100mb and min at 16.38mb

in what values the bandwith has to be increased?

mine is set at max for 100mb and min at 16.38mb

i suggest You play with these values http://community.bistudio.com/wiki....Options

e.g. IC-mojo posted about theirs 'experience' with optimizing server for 100+ player sessions

Quote[/b] ]

yep, sorry  - OK here's the report... we got 82 playing in the server without a problem ... until we suddenly started having everyone with Queen's Gambit installed drop with a Session Lost error.

We increased the minBW to 65mb/s and the max is at 131mb/s - players from EU, AUS and NA and no one reported any other significant issues.  In three hours of play we had 1 red chain and two yellow reported and the highest desync we saw was less than 32000 at the red chain.  The red chain lasted less than 30 seconds for all players we asked.

We had as close to zero desync as I think we could reasonably expect, we think the session lost was due to the QG somehow - any one have suggestions?  What does QG add that could be the trouble there?  What are the other possible causes of Session Lost errors?

Here is the copy of my ARMA.CFG:

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=1.000000;

Resolution_W=800;

Resolution_H=600;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

MaxMsgSend=192;

MaxSizeGuaranteed=512;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=192;

MinBandwidth=65536000

MaxBandwidth=131072000;

MinErrorToSend=0.011;

MaxCustomFileSize=0;

it's from thread http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=68893

there are some more quite valuable informations in that thread

and we even discussed 'qualite' server NICs there vs Killer NIC etc ...

fell free to post inside if needed...