Sign in to follow this  
Big-Rooney

Modern Combat Mod - SLX Released

And how can I get default 3d person view? I really dont like the close one... ;s

Hey,

here you are Vultar, download this, go to the place where your Modern Combat mod is and paste this over your original config file.

Click to download

Vultar if you have read previous pages you will see that 1.1 is still in development.

I said that I haven't read, I'm sorry. Now I see it.

Frogman, config from you seems to not work with 1,0 so it will take a while before I download 1,1 ; p

[edit]

Ouch, it seems that theres no patch 1,1 anymore :S

Link to file front not working.

[edit]

I've installed MCM v1,2 and your config works great frogman, thanks. But here's question to you, it's bug of MCM 1,2. When I walk in 3rd person view walking sound is normal, as it was in 1,0. But in 1st person view it's very different and annoying, any solution for this?

Vultar if you have read previous pages you will see that 1.1 is still in development.

I said that I haven't read, I'm sorry. Now I see it.

Frogman, config from you seems to not work with 1,0 so it will take a while before I download 1,1 ; p

[edit]

Ouch, it seems that theres no patch 1,1 anymore :S

Link to file front not working.

[edit]

I've installed MCM v1,2 and your config works great frogman, thanks. But here's question to you, it's bug of MCM 1,2. When I walk in 3rd person view walking sound is normal, as it was in 1,0. But in 1st person view it's very different and annoying, any solution for this?

Hey,

I have also noticed like a "rainforest bird" sound when I start to walk in 1st person with the config. Oh well, I never play in 1st person anyways. Sorry about that though!

Mr Frogman, its not fault of your config, and thanks again for your config, BIS 3rd p.view with MCM looks marvelous ^^

I tested it with all the configs even with BDU and it is always same.

I also discovered another bug,

when somebody shoot at me, this f@ckar is auto-lying. If I want to sprint the street and then he falls its very annoying, what's more when I shoot through the window he is doing same,

Or when I shoot to a helicopter, my own launcher(this time RPG7v) hits me badly.

I can't pass CWC Campa. cause bots dont listen to waypoints and there is still error about ''AH-64 optica (Magic)''

@Big-Rooney

I hope for 1,3 ... ~.~

But I love dragging system ^^

Hello Everybody.

First off let me say I'm sorry for the long time its taken me to post a new update. But I've some good news to report, the new v1.1 version is nearly ready for release. It will include new model replacements and brand new units added. The new scripting method make the version much more stable than the older versions.

Brand new weapons including specially done AKs-74u's have been worked on and added to the Russians and brand new helos and tanks to both side, all hi-quality community addons.

All the bugs that have been reported even the recent ones have been cleared and the bugs created by eliminating those bugs have also been cleared.

New soldiers classes have been added and soldiers and vehicles are now named correctly and realistically. With U.S. soldiers named according to speciality and Russian soldiers named by weapon usage.

AH-64A by Franze (Replacing the AH1)

replace3.jpg

AH-64D by Franze (Replacing the AH64)

replace4.jpg

MH-60 by BAS (Replacing the UH60)

replace7.jpg

T-80BV by RHS (Replacing the T72)

replace1.jpg

Su-25 by Tomi-D (Replacing the Su39)

replace2.jpg

T-72 by RHS (Added to Russian Forces)

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums....ce5.jpg

T-55AWV by RHS (Added to Russian Forces)

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums....ce6.jpg

These are just some sample pictures, many more inclusions will be added and many more model changes have been undertaken.

Any more questions/Bugs reports please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers, Big-Rooney.

Wow Big-Rooney! They look great, can't wait to see the new units and everything... just really excited right now!

Yeah xd

And hope for less lagg

What's more... If possible I would like better tracers (but not a necessary) and louder sound of AK, AKMs etc etc

And maybe AI should get some cover? : D

I know it's not possible in OFP but I would love to have Full Spectrum Warrior tactics in it xDDD

pics look great - just a comment about the AKM sounds - IIRC the AKM used by IMUC infantry (and Iraqi Insurgent pack) is probably the best (might be ICP weapons pack) - but I think its the best sounding AK in OFP - sounds great in a firefight.

I'll try and trackdown the origin of the sound.

-Chapman

effects of high explosive on soldiers - result from explosion or direct hit from tank round/auto cannon/grenade, etc. - I think its one of the MCM added effects - haven't seen it anywhere else.

Would be nice to see a burnt corpse effect for vehicle crews - I know your plate is pretty full Rooney - is it possible ?

-Chapman

Big-Rooney, will CWC and Res campaigns work after next update?

Also can you give a choose with configs between ACU close 3rd person view and ACU default 3rd p view?

Odd I recall seeing burned tank crews in the original game They used to turn black after playing death animation if turned out when the tank is destroyed.

yeah I think you are right bobcatt - but the anims in MCM allow for the crew to "bail out" even if on fire - I am just wondering if there is a way to replace a crew that has died (after exiting - while on fire) with a charred corpse of some sort.

-Chapman

Hey Everyone.

I've been busy on the new pack - Version 1.1, its coming along nicely and better yet the new vehicles are sitting in very nicely.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">NOTICE OF NEW PACK FEATURES

The new pack will contain many new features including:

+ New config layout that lets you select options with defines (eg, SLX Grass Islands, 3rd Person View Position etc.) by removing/adding "//".

+ Brand spanking new vehicles and weapons.

+ Brand new realistic sounds for small arms and some heavy weapons.

+ Brand new AI behavior that makes missions more stable.

+ Compatibility with certain other mods (Tonal Redux, PLA etc.)

+ New readme that contains everything about the mod including weapons and magazines.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Releases After Version 1.1

Hopefully after the release of the Version 1.1.

+ Many more additions that haven't been carried out for time purposes.

+ Choice between Llauma Hi-Res Heads and BIS Heads for human models.

+ More AI enhancements for more stable play (if needed).

+ Improvement in U.S. Soldier Models.

Quote[/b] ]Wow Big-Rooney! They look great, can't wait to see the new units and everything... just really excited right now!

Thanks, Won't be long now.

Quote[/b] ]And hope for less lagg

What's more... If possible I would like better tracers (but not a necessary) and louder sound of AK, AKMs etc etc

And maybe AI should get some cover? : D

I know it's not possible in OFP but I would love to have Full Spectrum Warrior tactics in it xDDD

1: The Franze helos are Hi quality, but most lag on these units comes from the scripts, which have been reduced to essentials only. Thus not alot of lag.

2: The tracers incorporated are from SLX, added new ones may add unnecessary lag to the game-play.

3: New Sounds have been added.

4: Please explain in detail, the cover question.

5: Not possible, The AI is changed by the SLX scripting system already, thats the best change there is.

Quote[/b] ]JAMs AK sounds weren't that bad..in my opinion

The new sounds are very good and are not artificial.

Quote[/b] ]One question, what the HELL is that?!?!

It seems its a burnt corpse cause sometimes corpse change to this while explosion.

Chapman2424 is correct!

Quote[/b] ]I think its one of the MCM added effects - haven't seen it anywhere else.

Actually Chapman2424 its an SLX effect. You should see it in the SLX mod or any FFUR-SLX mod.

Quote[/b] ]Would be nice to see a burnt corpse effect for vehicle crews - I know your plate is pretty full Rooney - is it possible ?

Possible alright, just like many addons now-a-days replace the deformed model on death with a destroyed model that looks alot better. The scripting on this would have to be very accurate and very well written.

Quote[/b] ]Big-Rooney, will CWC and Res campaigns work after next update?

Also can you give a choose with configs between ACU close 3rd person view and ACU default 3rd p view?

Yes they will and an option has been added for the 3rd person view.

big rooney, i believe anything you put on the next release are the greatest one...good luck!! cant wait for it biggrin_o.gif

just make sure you maintain the stability on the mod to keep framerate and cpu friendly like the present version... wink_o.gif

Even If I am angry with some bugs, it doesn't change my opinion that this Mod gives OFP life, I haven't seen better Mod since 2002.

Well I ended playing ofp when ArmA came up but Im back and I am well suprised... With this Mod... OFP > ArmA xD

Hey Big-Rooney how about increasing sounds for heavy weapons?

Like M16 etc shoots like now, but tanks or explosions or tank shoot sounds Much Louder, than weapon, that would be more realistic and make everything that I ever wanted in OFP - body dragging, different volume and super AI. ; P

""4: Please explain in detail, the cover question.""

Ok, I mean that AI when spotted an enemy should get behind something like sand bag or wall, lean or crouch and then shoot. One word: TAKE COVER!!! : D

But I love the supressing fire included in SLX

Example: '2, fire at enemy position 1 o'clock'

[edit]

Little raport

-(Desert) Sniper (Anti-Material) does not work

-I think that US Army and USMC are using Barrett M107 from 2005, not M82...

-I am really sad that in Menu there can be Russian Theme but there is no USA Theme, Im not american but I think it's dishonest.

-The Menu Intro about US camp with some hummers, trucks and russian specnaz blowing them in hell is a bit buggy.

-I think that the Knife, Fist, Shovel, Axe are useless, because there's no way to sneak to an enemy. Of course we can play rambo jumping from buildings and killing with knife(I love it XDD) but it's no the point of game xP

-I think my post is too long and make some laggs... j/k xP

-About draggin bodies, I know its vehicle engine but I heard some funny things:

4, DRIVER, get in Dragging Body.

or

4: fuel low.

Excellent Excellent work big rooney. But I must point out that the T-72 (rhs) is infact the T-72A (1979/1984) and the majority of the Russian tanks including T-72's are armed with kontakt-1 era. I would suggest adding the T-72B (orcs t-72 pack) and the T-72B era (orcs era pack) to realistically portray the russian t-72 park.

Also T-55 with era is properly designated: T-55MV or T-55AMV (from russian to english).

The M82 designation was changed to M107 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M82_Barrett_rifle#M82_to_M107)

The M82 designation was changed to M107

I've already mentioned about that.

I forgot what I wanted with Javelin, I know that Javelin got option for direct missile too, but top attack option would look much better, like in ArmA, you think you can do that in MCM?

Ummmm I am a bit late with this but...

Something is wrong with recoil, instead of hiting soldier in arm it goes forward o_O

In 3rd person view everything looks good, but in 1st person like I said above... With most (if not all) weapons, noticable especially with barrett.

I dont agree with you're views Vultar on these: Knife, Fist, Shovel, Axe (you also forgot Bayonet and a few others).

I believe they should be kept in the game and they only add realism. I have been in close quarters fights and where the enemy is clearing houses and the close quarter weapons mentioned above saved my skin especially when I wanted to save my ammo or practically didnt have much ammo left.

Quote[/b] ]Ok, I mean that AI when spotted an enemy should get behind something like sand bag or wall, lean or crouch and then shoot. One word: TAKE COVER!!! : D

well, i think that AI-behavior will blast out your cpu power with heavy numbers of "dynamic" scripts.., makes combat more choppy biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I think that US Army and USMC are using Barrett M107 from 2005, not M82...

will be good if it can take out light vehicles such as jeeps or trucks in 2 or 3 shots...just like the true Anti-Material.. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I think that the Knife, Fist, Shovel, Axe are useless, because there's no way to sneak to an enemy.

i agree with that. IMO, maybe removing it from the game can save some Framerate?

Quote[/b] ]About draggin bodies, I know its vehicle engine but I heard some funny things:

4, DRIVER, get in Dragging Body.

or

4: fuel low

hmm..is it engine limitation? or maybe it can be modified by creating some more codes?? (as long as it still have minimum impact on framerate and stability) biggrin_o.gif

throwing it out there - but is there a way to use the drag script and move the body into a vehicle - such as a medevac helicopter to EVAc them out after or during combat missions - same with Medical APC / Trucks huh.gif?

-Chapman

yes you can drag wounded into a vehicle at least with the original SLX mod you get the injured guy to the vehicle and let got of them you must make sure both the option to drag the guy and board the vehicle are showing in the menu boarding the vehicle, also must be another seat aviable for both you and the wounded guy being dragged around or it not work. More detailed instruction in the read me files, but thats pretty much the gist of what to do.