Sign in to follow this  
Big-Rooney

Modern Combat Mod - SLX Released

v1.02

I first thought this was a full install. When it started I got an "Error Loading MCM_misc\CRT\brass.p3d (magaic)". When I tried to load a mission I got a CTD. I looked in the folder and found no mcm_misc file so I concluded it was an upgarde patch.

I then copied the files over my original install. I then got "Error loading mcm_us\sol\au\hyk_ussol.au.p3d (magic). Tried to load a mission again and also got a CTD. I opened the mcm_us.pbo file and went through the directories and under \sol\au\ the model file I found there was hyk_ussol.p3d no hyk_ussol.au.p3d was there.

This seems differnt from other reports. I suspect the v.102 has many faults.

Big Rooney, can you please look into this. Also the lack of any instructions may be lending to the problem.

Please take a look at the screen at your filefront download note the download failed note...not sure if this has anything to do with the problems:

filefront link

There is always a possibility my download manager could somehow corrupt the file (happened once or twice , but this is practically impossible).

I downloaded it just fine just cant wait for the middle eastern soldiers because usually all llauma head ones are corrupted

OK one lil item we found out . we had CTD's til we added the extra pack ontop the 1.02 we then tested the missions and had no CTD's after that. Mod runs smooth and we tested 3 various missions. 1 stock mission, 2 TOW missions and 1 quick one we built real fast to test and all were ok. Not sure if this will help.

What I recommend for future patches is to make body armor affect marksmanship:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/militar....486.pdf

Downloaded 1.0 without download accelerator/manager and installs fine

Ok some suggestions: make the BMP-2 have tracers and muzzle flashes when firing and change the sound its unrealistic it sounds like its firing a machinegun. The sound would be similar to this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JcQWX2KCWCA

What I especially dont like is that the BMP-2 does not have any side skirts. Russian army vehicles have side skirts.

I also like the FFUR artillery strike but what would be good is if you could request like artillery or rocket artillery strikes and for them to have the confirmation and request sounds from FFUR.

Also the fact that the assault rifle a russian tanker has in the top left is called an assault rifle is not good (very generic and unrealistic).

In addition the BMP-3 in real life has a 30mm 2A72 cannon and here in this mod it does not mount any. Why is that ?

I applaud you're use of ATGW for the tanks and the bmp's though ( you might want to check the sight for the bmp-1p's konkurs though and see if it is correct)

The T-72 is infact a T-72B with Kontakt-1 also I do not like that the T-72 is missing its NSVT 12.7mm and yet in this mod it has its PKT coaxial (normally carries 300 rounds or something like that) same goes for T-80[which is infact a T-80U modernized] (btw I suggest including a T-80BV from RHS to add realism and some variety and also a T-90 but dont call it T-90S (t-90s is export) call it T-90A Vladimir) What I do not like is that the russian tanks cant fire their heavy machineguns (even though its there on the model).

Also the BMP-1's are infact BMP-1P (checked it on spetsnaz BMP-1) , I believe all BMP-1's were modernized to BMP-1P standards in 1978. The other BMP-1's are fine (good job smile_o.gif

The PT-76 has incorrect weapon (2A70 is 100mm for BMP-3 and yet the PT-76 in this mod uses it) and the PT-76 would actually be a PT-76B. PT-76B's mount this: 76 mm D-56TS or D-56B rifled tank gun for PT-76B.

I would also love to see some BTR-70's for the Russian army as they are just in big quantity use as the BTR-80.

Big Rooney I have to say that I do not think that the russian army would use the T-55A (more likely give it to resistance wink_o.gif) I think you should use the T-55AM (brow armour) or the T-55AMV (with explosive armour).

I think you made the right decision for the T-62 (btw its a T-62MV) but i think you should also add the T-62M and T-62 with slat armour (used in chechnaya btw)

The current russian army SHILKA is infact the Beryusa (ZSU-23-4M3 Beryusa) modernized from the late 1970's and early 1980's and later.

I also think that the SPETSNAZ and similar units should use the GSH-18 pistol (after all it is designed for those units specially).

Most of the Russian army units nowadays use the AK-74M not the AK-74. (VDV should have AN-94 Abakan) and certain units should use the AK-103.

Russian airforce/army uses MI-8 (MI-8MT , MI-8MTV) not MI-17 (mi-17 is for export). I also think that you should add the KA-50 Black Shark and the KA-52.

MI-28 in Russian airforce usage is the MI-28N Night Havoc (Night Hunter wink_o.gif)

Please use actual russian weapon names as I dont like to see most of the russian units armed just with an AK-74 and called an assault rifle.

What I would especially like to see is russian BMD's (1P ,1 for resistance , 2 and 3 and even 3M (but infact 3M is BMD-4 wink_o.gif)

and I would love to see some russian T-64BV (rhs made some)

I think that a stolen T-80 would be most likely a T-80BV or a T-80B (you should give resistance btw a T-80B [version without any explosive armour]

Also I dont think the ZSU-57-2 has any smoke grenade launchers in real life.

Resistance should have a BMP-2 (after all it is realistic) but they should have versions without side skirt (but russian army with side skirt).

For resistance BMP-1 I think the model needs to have an actual missile on the launcher visible wink_o.gif

Resistance should have some T-72M's and also a shilka smile_o.gif.

Artillery must no be overlooked and machine guns (KORD would be nice to see as russian army uses it atm)

For artillery it would be nice to see the Russians have a GRAD (BM-21) and a 2S19 MSTA-S , and give the Americans MLRS and

M198 , M109A6 Paladin (btw check out CoC they have some good artillery you could use) I would also recommend using DKM

AT-7 and 130mm M-46 for russians :P

The russians really need some variety in terms of planes as well : I would like to see them have some MIG-29's , MIG-31's and SU-27's you can also put in a SU-34 in the mod (yes russian flashpoint.ru has a SU-34 made by evgeni)

I think that the Russians would be best also with a MI-26 Halo transport helicopter and with a SU-24 Fencer (footmunch) and a tu-22m3 (footmunch). Would be nice to have an-124 transport plane as russians have alot of them for their airforce and they are excellent. Russians need definitely a SU-30 fighter plane.

*****Note:I can provide full variant designations if needed for the items/hardware/technology****

Both resistance and russians should have ural/zis and kamaz and even MT-LB's.

Resistance would be better off with BRDM-2's and BRDM-1's.

Russians could use BRDM-2M (I think vilas made a good one)

The resistance should also have some kind of aircraft and of course helicopters (MI-17 , MI-24 etc....)

I also see local forces aka resistance have a T-62MV (good idea) but why not give them a T-55 Enigma then as well ?

For resistance I would recommend giving them a bomber like the IL-28 Beagle (footmunch has a very good one). For fighters I would recommend something of the following : Mig-25 , Mig-21 , Mig-19 (and lesser series) , while ground attack can be SU-25 , SU-22. Also you can give them Mirages and possibly mig-23/27's for ground attack/fighters. For transport AN-12 sounds like a good idea (or possibly a DC-3).

Resistance should have some good anti tank defence missile system and in this case using real scenarios and data the best weapons here would be the AT-3 Sagger (lost brothers have an excellent one) , and the AT-4 Fagot (Iraq had those).

What we must not also forget is to give the resistance side TYPE-59's and TYPE-69's (iraq also had them , type-69 is an upgraded type-59 and type-59 is a T-55 license built production version in china also called type 56/55, rhs has some really good ones). Resistance should also have the M-84 main battle tank (sigma-6 made it) but you could just rename a T-72M to an M-84

Now transport for resistance should be something of the following: OT-62 (with and without recoiless rifle , CSLA has best ones) , BTR-50PK , BTR-152 and BTR-60PB

Resistance rocket artillery would be GRAD and BM-11 (arabic grad).

Now for american/nato side:

I think it would be great if they could have an C-130 Hercules , F-22 Raptor and a F-18 (Franze has the best one)

I think the United States could use a B-52 bomber in their airforce and also a B-1 Lancer and a B-2 Sprit wink_o.gif

One thing I have noticed is that in the AH-1Z when you fire missiles rapidly the HUD disappears then reappears when you stop firing (it can flicker if you dont fire too fast).

Big Rooney if I may ask can I join you're team in helping to advise you on military hardware etc....

What would be interesting to see implemented is the ability to call in aircraft support from radio and also naval support (bombardment etc...) what would be nice is to to give americans nimitz aircraft carrier and the russians kuznetsov( after all you included su-33 wink_o.gif)

Big Rooney also it would be great if you could use some certain loading screens from FFUR modified to this mod to enhance the user interface otherwise if we get the above done and fix the generic naming for assault rifles etc... we can have a worthwhile mod.

What I am also concerned is that the russian pilots dont look too proper. Maybe its me but in FFUR the russian aircraft pilots are the way to go for MCM-SLX. Maybe it is better here dunno and I think helicopter pilots are a bit different. Would like some opinion on this.

Thanks for listening Big Rooney I hope I could be of some assistance to this modification after all with the communitys support and help this may well exceed FFUR (no disrespect thunderbird you made amazing work but I just like variety wink_o.gif).

I am sorry for the long list but I just like to be detailed and this lets off alot what I would have said. I think that once the above is covered and adressed the rest will be a piece of cake and this mod will be the greatest to come pistols.gif

What I recommend for future patches is to make body armor affect marksmanship:

Limitations in OFP. I think that meets the criteria.

Universal mentioned the SU-34 from Flashpoint.ru.Well i've looked for the past 2 hours on there and cant find it, can anyone help. It probably would help if i could read russian whilst looking on Flashpoint.ru but afraid i dont. Is there a download link that anyone has that they could share plz.

Quote[/b] ]Universal mentioned the SU-34 from Flashpoint.ru.Well i've looked for the past 2 hours on there and cant find it, can anyone help. It probably would help if i could read russian whilst looking on Flashpoint.ru but afraid i dont. Is there a download link that anyone has that they could share plz.

It's there alright and only took a couple mins to find it. biggrin_o.gif You now apparently have to register or something to download anything from Flashpoint.ru. Maybe someone who is registered or reads Russian can grab this addon and host it for all?

Hi All,

I've Got The Link From TechWarriorZ For You.

Download: Modern Combat Mod - SLX v1.02 Patch (311mb) - TechWarriorZ

(First post updated)

@Universal

I would gladly except your help with this mod, I read you post and it was some reading. goodnight.gif I will attempt to do the majority of what you posted, but as usual it will take time and lot of patience from all of you guys out there. Also some of the things you suggested don't exist in OFP so it will not be possible to achieve them.

Quote[/b] ]Spetzans with VSK :I get a window saying:no equipment picture (or something like that)

And the uaz problem remains.

Added to the list, Thanks very much.

Quote[/b] ]This seems differnt from other reports. I suspect the v.102 has many faults.

Big Rooney, can you please look into this. Also the lack of any instructions may be lending to the problem.

I Know it has many faults, the next release I'm thinking of a full release to clear things up.

Quote[/b] ]Hmmm the police units all have smeared faces

Added To The Bug List.

Those Of You Who Don't Know How To Install The Mod, Just Do This.

1st: Download The Full v1.0 Of The Mod And Launch The Installer.

2nd: Pick The Location Of The Install Where You Wish To Put The Mod.

3rd: Change The Shortcut Path If Your Install Is Not In The C: Drive.

4th: Download The v1.02 Patch And Extract The .rar File Into The Operation Flashpoint Folder And Overwrite Any Files It Asks You Too.

5th: Then You Can Install The Extra pack Without Any Errors.

That Should Be It, I've Tested It Myself And It Worked For Me, The v1.0 FileFront Link Is The Only One That Doesn't Work. All Other Links Should Work Without Problems.

A New Full Pack Will Be Released Soon To Tidy Up This Mess Of Patches And Errors On Installs.

Thanks For The Support And Happy New Year.

Big-Rooney

Hi Big Rooney,

Glad to be be aboard. I read you're post and I am delighted once again I apologize for the high amount of reading it took but I tried to cover as much as I could of what the mod needs etc... When you mention that somethings dont exist in OFP could you please be specific as to which ones exactly because when I brought up the list every single one of those addons existed to my knowledge ? (the only good BMD-1P/2 addons are in Finnish Defence Mod / FDF) while for resistance/local forces they could use the bloody days mod BMD-1 (Iraq had BMD-1's btw).

Haha, just playing the 'Clean Sweep' mission with your mod, and had to step back and watch as my guys took position in a house before moving through, checking the rooms, and emerging carefully out the other side. Unfortunately, 2 was gunned down as he walked out of the door, poor chap. Always look both ways before crossing the road, lol.

Absolutely excellent mod notworthy.gif

Oh and nice to see you've fixed the riot policeman, thanks for that.

Hi All.

To let you all know, I'm currently working a new full release to fix all the bugs and add all the addition that are needed to bring the mod up it the Modern Standard I want it to be.

This process will take some time and alot of my free time will be put into this work.

If there are any serious problems that you all would like fixed in a small patch before I begin the revamp of mod just ask me and I will release a small patch to fix whatever I can.

The new full pack will also fix the nightmare of patches and what patch goes where. So this will be a large pack, bigger than the original.

I believe it would be worthwhile for all of you to edit the mod yourself as you see fit to suit your needs and tastes and if you believe the changes you made are worth a public release just drop me a line and I will consider adding it to a public release.

For your enjoyment I should let you know that Thunderbird84 is on the verge of the release of the FFUR-SLX 1985 2008 Edition, And let me tell you its good.

Have A Good One. Big-Rooney

Hi Big Rooney,

Been testing out this great mod and came upon some things that I thought might also need to be adressed.

1. SU-39 gear can't go up (no action menu for it ?)

2. I cant load the the Russian marines anti-air rifleman (it says loading but it never loads it).

3. Some units to consider also adding for realism: SPG-9 (fdf mod has it) , Predator SRAW (you can modify the Javelin)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FGM-172_SRAW (u could just remove the sighting system from Javelin) and if you need sounds for it i have some , Shmel UAV ( for russian forces) and its launcher , controller etc... [fdf mod] , M1A2 SEP (just make a clone of the M1A2 and call it SEP , in Iraq SEP's are deployed) , T-80UD (russian forces have this , its in RHS t-80 pack 1.02).

4.The malyutka ammunition is incorrect for the BMP-1 (not BMP-1P) should be 4 not 5.

5. Soldiers cant backward crawl (cant press shift and backward crawl at same time).

6. Sometimes the soldier doesnt get burnt if they go too close to the fire (and at random times they can get burnt near a fire).

7. Russian helicopter pilots look the same as the American combat pilots huh.gif

8. Sight for Stinger/Strela MANPAD doesnt work (when I press V nothing happens)

9. I think it would be nice to include different ammo cases for different russian weapons (http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=8971) Hoyt Weapon Pack 1.3 has excellent models of AN-94 , AK-103, etc...) and I think the Russian MVD units should be included (and should be armed with AK-103's while certain Russian VDV riflemen should have AN-94.

10. The sight on the stryker ICV/MK19 doesnt work when V is pressed

11. Give the T-90A Vladimir and T-80UD their appropriate 12.7mm ammunition/weapon (because they are infact remote controlled while for other russian tanks they are hand controlled).

12. Sight on M203 grenade launcher doesnt work when V is pressed.

13. If I may ask Big Rooney why did you choose to use ORCS over RHS for Russian soldier skins ? (in my opinion I think RHS has far superior quality and represent the modern russian soldiers while the ORCS represents better the 1990's and early 2000's russian army) so would it be possible to replace the ORCS with RHS models/skins/soldier (VDV , Motor rifle , Marines etc....)

and since for example RHS vdv have even recon assaultsman etc... none of the units defined by RHS packs can be take out I think that it would be best to preserve all of their naming so that you dont just recall them rifleman etc... you should leave it is it is in the pack.

14. Would also be really nice to have desert skins eventually for all the american vehicles.

15. I also would like to see the names of the magazines and weapons in the top left corner (where it shows magazine count left etc...) to be the exact name of the magazine and for the weapon (just use it FFUR style as they named it precisely there wink_o.gif)

16. Also forgot maybe also resistance forces could have a Mig-29 (after all North Korea , Iraq , Iran, Syria , Cuba, Sudan , Yugoslavia and others had them) and the SU-27 is much less exported.

17. Possibly add certain planes for resistance such as J-7 (mig-21 copy by China) , J-8 (mig-21bis license production ?), Q-5 Fantan aka Nanchang Q-5 (A-5 in export). As for these planes you could look for VME PLA addons (3.0,3.1) definitely have these planes. Also a J-6 (mig-19) would be awesome to see (I believe a J-6/Mig-19 was in vietnam the experience 0.3/0.4)

18. As Zuku states the dragging/medic issue would be also nice to have adressed (you could always inquire thunderbird how to fix it).

19. To add realism what I would love to see is planes with different armanents (like SU-39 rockets , bombs etc....) as always in a combat situation the armanent depends on the situation and doing this would add pure realism smile_o.gif

20. Also I would prefer that radio chatter is left in but maybe make it on a realistic sound level for radio reception and add new different ones (i have seen some good ones to add from apache videos)

for radio chatter this might help:

http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&c=557

and this one I believe has real russian ones from chechnaya:

21. Also as far as I know only the police use the AKS-74 while the AKS-74M (http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/models/ka105.html) is used by the VDV. I think that it would also be more realistic to give some russian motor rifle troops the RPG-29 while others would have the RPG-7V. As for VDV I believe they use the RPG-16 (earlier used RPG-7V ?) Maybe this will help you:

http://www.bazalt.ru/bl-boy-eng.htm

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=8147 (ORCS russian rpg pack excellent smile_o.gif has most of the rpg series)

22. Lastly some sounds definitely need to be changed for example I dont enjoy the AK-74 sounds (I think the ORCS/RHS sounds fit best for it wink_o.gif)

23. AKS-74 cant fold stock action menu item (found it a few times but not on other ones) so please check that out.

In my opinion I think that this way we can cut down reliance for other 3rd party addons and yet create a standalone mod that can be enjoyed.

Here is a good picture to show you that russian marines are infact equipped with AK-74M. (if you look at background you can see a modified BTR-80 with snorkel tubes would be nice to have some of the models modified with that tube for russian marines)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped....man.jpg

Big Rooney I feel that you are making the right decision to listen to the communitys requests and suggestions this is the right path. Of course all of us have different requests and suggestions by listening to and deciding which requests/suggestions are prioritized will help to enable OFP and this mod to gain eternal fame and recognition.

Good luck and thanks for all the hard work,

Regards,

Universal inlove.gif

Universal,

Quote[/b] ]1. SU-39 gear can't go up (no action menu for it ?)

There is an F16 addon that has this same problem, also one of the Harrier Jet releases I think has this too. There might be a "gear up" script in the addon that needs to be executed or the config.cpp needs to be fixed to add an action item.

Quote[/b] ]10. The sight on the stryker ICV/MK19 doesnt work when V is pressed

This is a known issue with the Vix Stryker, Big Rooney won't be able to fix it.

Big Rooney,

I followed your installation instructions and all the past problems are gone except now I have found that there is a p3d model issue with the AH64, I get a missing model error messege. Thats all I have found so far. With the extras pack installed I feel like this is a all new world of OFP. All of the vegitation, texture replacements and new sky it's hard to recognize the place notworthy.gif The only real issue with the worlds (islands) is that some roads have patches of grass placed on them. Aside from that the mod is looking great, no serious lag issues except with missions that have large number of units but OFP had that anyways. I still need to figure out the SLX medic/healing/draging isuue.

Keep up the good work biggrin_o.gif

Hi Big Rooney some more comments and suggestions. Hope you don't mind them.

1. Disregard the previous post about ORCS/RHS (I thought u were using ORCS).

2. Will there be US Navy Seals and what about Airborne ?

3. Will M240 also be included ?

4. The PK machinegun is incorrectly named it is infact the PKM that is used by the modern russian army.

5. I dont like the use of single crew armoured vehicles (unrealistic and when you want to guide the weapon/turn the turret the body turns as well, rather I think addon makers should just use "EMPTY" and special init scripts)

6. I would like to see armed versions of the Mi-8 and not just a unarmed MI-8 with a generic designation (our weapons mi-8 pack is fantastic i think you should use that one (can you please include most of the mi-8 and mi-17 versions ?), http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=9263)

7. For Mi-17 you could use VIT's (he has very good mi-17 addons: http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=8877

8. I think it would be on a more realistic level to give the resistance AKM and AKM's and also AK-74's to complement their existing AK-47's.

9. I also think that tank crews etc... should be armed just like they are in FFUR-SLX especially for OPFOR (to add realism) and also the RPK-74 would be actually the RPK-74M or in some cases a RPK-74.

10. I think that just one variant of the Mi-24 is not enough I think it would be better to see the Mi-24VM (you can use a MI-24V model and call it Mi-24VM) while I would also like to see Mi-24PN (current modernization of Mi-24P , just rename Mi-24P to Mi-24PN) and lastly it would also be nice to see a Mi-24D.

11. ZSU-23-4M shilka should also be on resistance side (after all shilka was widely exported)

12. I think it would be realistic to have private military contractors/volunteers on the side of the resistance (ex kosovo 1999 war when russian volunteers fought on serbian side)

13. ZSU-57-2 has russian markings for desert etc... for resistance side , this is not realistic and takes away the realism rather it should have the gvardeyskey logo removed and should be in winter and desert colours and not green (but green for normal zsu-57-2 but without gvardeyskey)

14. I dont remember but I think it would be good for the resistance/local forces to have the Mig-25

15. The RHS ZSU-57-2 has many ammunition loadouts and different shell types yet here we only have one I think it would be best to use the RHS ZSU-57-2 different shell types/loadouts

16. I also noticed for example US spec ops dont have a medic (please check others as well)

17. I think that the russian forces should have an anti-armour riflemen (equipped with RPG-7V and different RPG rounds , PG-7VL , PG-7VR ,TGB-7V etc....) while they should have an anti-tank specialist (equipped with a RPG-29 and PG-29 rounds)

18. Mi-26 Halo should definitely be included as a heavy helicopter transport for russians while americans should also have other helicopters as well (CH-53's etc....)

19. I really want to see the resistance BMP-1's have a MALYUTKA (AT-3 Sagger) missile mounted on the launcher otherwise it wont look realistic.

20. Mi-28 should be called (Mi-28N Night Hunter) just confirming that.

21. Also I would love to see anti aircraft SAM's etc... implemented (I have an excellent S-400 triumf addon that could be used)

22. That also brings me to another point the model naming of the strela is incorrect (since the model does not look like a sa-16 or sa-18 it therefore can be only the 9K34 Strela-3/ SA-14 Gremlin so can you please adjust the naming accordingly ?) unless it would be possible for you to modify the model to look like the SA-18 Grouse http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SA-18 which would then be excellent.

23. If it is possible can you also add more varieties of anti-material sniper rifles for the russian federation forces , as in fact they didnt just standardize on one type but use many different varities (KSVK , OSV-96 , V-94 etc....)

24. Also would it be possible to give for example the MVD (Interior Troops) different soldiers with AK-74M,AN-94 Abakan , AK-103 , AEK-971 etc... and the same for the VDV (except AK-103 , AK-74M , and AN-94 Abakan). While for VDV to supplement RPG-16 they can also have the RPG-18 , RPG-22 , RPG-26/27

25. Franze has excellent AH-64(A/D) addons which should be used instead of Marco Paulo's AH-64 in my opinion.

26. Almost forgot to say the AV-8B Harrier II would be nice to see in a future pack (http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=10273)

and also the OH-58D Kiowa Warrior(http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=9435)

Hmm that covers the new unit addons I would especially like to see (please also dont forget about my other posts above and on this topic;))

OUR weapons has an excellent mi-26 you could use here :

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=8038

Edit:as always please check the links because there may possibly be higher versions of the addon and the links that i may be posting may be possibly outdated or of older versions so please make sure to check for higher versions.

Also a quick question: did you base this mod off FFUR-SLX 2.0 or 2.5 (I think that maybe you can even take the best parts from FFUR-SLX 2.5 patch and implement them into the newer releases?)? and also implement things which you may have overlooked or possibly forgot/didnt have time to implement from FFUR into MCM-SLX.

Also last question: are bayonet knifes , knife weapons , shovel swings , fists etc... implemented in this mod like FFUR has it implemented ?

During the cold war crisis campaign sometimes I would get a (magic) error with the following: error loading mcm_us_air\ah64\ah64d_optica.p3d (magic)

Once again Big Rooney I thank you for you're time and for all you're hard work. I merely seek to help and consult you in military issues (I can also provide sounds etc... if you are interested) and realism to provide as close as possible a realistic atmosphere to play and enjoy. At the moment this is mostly what I can think of summed up , might also add a few things later but most of the addons I would love to see is covered there in my posts in this topic. Once again my apologies for lots of reading , realism junkie here xmas_o.gif

can someone help me? when i installed the mod and everything seems to be working fine but i wanted to use the bwmod addons and other addons and the peoples faces are all messed up. i tried to change the face of my soldier and his face's texture is all messed up as well. facetex pack does not work either. could someone please help me?

Quote[/b] ]can someone help me? when i installed the mod and everything seems to be working fine but i wanted to use the bwmod addons and other addons and the peoples faces are all messed up. i tried to change the face of my soldier and his face's texture is all messed up as well. facetex pack does not work either. could someone please help me?

Llauma faces aren't compatible with standard BIS heads.

@ Universal, why include such a long list of things you want to be included in the mod? Im sure Big Rooney has enough already to contend with fixing bugs and making a proper and stable release, why not if you want all those addons included you add them yourself in your personal config, its not too hard to do

@Big Rooney keep up the great work smile_o.gif

@Roadki: I am helping Big Rooney to bring the mod up to modern standards wink_o.gif.

@Big Rooney:phew got most of the suggestions out of my system now to some of the final parts wink_o.gif.

First off been doing some more research and I have some good list that should hopefully be the last for my suggestions.

Ok to start with i see that the russian forces have the PG-7V ammo as default for their RPG-7. I think this is incorrect and rather only the resistance should have PG-7V , the russian forces would have PG-7VL , TBG-7V , PG-7VR , OG-7V (also for resistance) but I honestly think the default loadout for the RPG-7V should be the PG-7VL like in FFUR.

Does MCM-SLX have the exact sayings of the american and the russian soldiers during battle to create a nice atmosphere? I like how in FFUR the soldiers during battle say different combat words etc... would it be possible to make it exactly the same for MCM-SLX ?

The Mig-23 was retired in 1994 so the Russians in this mod should not have it but instead resistance/local forces should have it along with the Mig-27 (but Russians still use the Mig-27 so I recommend including it.

The Mig-29 that was suggested in my previous suggestions would be of SMT standard (sea demon has an excellent one).

The SU-27 in this case would be called properly SU-27SM.

What I think I forgot to mention was resistance/local forces helicopters.

Their Mi-24D would not be called Mi-24D but instead Mi-25 , I think that a Mi-2 would be nice to have included , along with a Mi-17 , you might also want to consider adding a Mi-28A for resistance/local forces[mi-28a doesnt have overhead radar dome] (due to Iraq sale ...), also Mi-35 (Mi-24V export) , Mi-35p (Mi-24P export) are also realistic choices.

What I would especially like to see is a reworking of the BIS campaigns (all of them) to make them 100% working with the mod. (seems resistance ammo low mission after convoy is ambushed and destroyed with this mod nothing happens after that). Also what i noticed is that not all of the ammo from MCM-SLX is available to be selected (magazines,etc....) for example I had an AK-74M but I couldnt select in gear 5.45mm magazine.

Also please dont forget russians need mi-26 halo helicopter wink_o.gif

You might also want to consider adding the OV-10 Bronco , and the MD-500 series helicopters for the Americans.

What I must say is that the BMP-1P and the BMP-2 from finnish defence mod has improper colours and markings for the russian army after all it uses FINNISH skins/colours which is WRONG and unrealistic. Why did you decide to change it from realistic to finnish colours/improper markings ?. I think ORCS BMP-1P should have remained.

Also I cant seem to select or find the BMD-3/BMD-4(3M) in the mission editor (BMD's should be under armoured VDV btw wink_o.gif)

I get an error when loading a resistance campaign saying No entry config.cpp/CfgWeapons.F1 (maybe because i didnt restart campaign)

Also the pistol used by russian officers is the Makarov PM not the Tokarev (tokarev was ww2 and is therefore good for res)

I also noticed that in FFUR soldiers can swin but in MCM they cannot why is that ?

Also will you implement FFUR style watches , compass , radio etc... (for map and gear selection screen)

In regards to M163 from what ive read is that the M1097 Avenger and the M6 Linebacker eventually replaced the chaparral and the M163A2 VADS.

is MARPAT(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MARPAT) included/considered ?

Thanks Big Rooney Once Again I hope all that information was invaluable and I think I said everything which i needed too. Also thanks for the patches and the bug fixes I see you also implemented the AKM thanks for resistance smile_o.gif

Also a big heads up FFUR-SLX is not fully compatible with VME/PLA addons (cant select certain helicopters etc....) while MCM-SLX is compatible fully and for that I thank you Big Rooney(please keep it like that) but especially please fix the ah-64d optica magic error as well wink_o.gif

Wow, nice lists, Universal. Good to see a community member actively pursuing a brighter future for a MOD.

Keep up the great work, Rooney. Look forward to the next release.

ok crazy request - is at all possible to use the FDF mod vehicles in conjunction with MCM huh.gif I am no expert at modding or scripting - but I love the FDF array of vehicles and am wondering how to incorporate them together. It may be a pipe dream but I thought I would post here before wrecking my OFP files.

BTW - I tried to use it in the command line behind -@MCM-SLX but it did not work. Any ideas would be great.

Cheers,

S. Chapman