Sign in to follow this  
Big-Rooney

Modern Combat Mod - SLX Released

Just discovered the charred body on this I love it I found it by playing one of my major created missions in Afghanistan and well a M1A2 just blasted the first enemy placement I put. And as we continued through the city I looked and there we have it the charred remains. I wonder is there just body remains such as an arm blown off or even a head. And if there is if somehow that could be inserted in this as well.

Just DL-ed and this is the best I have seen OFP - ever !

this mod seems to be less laggy than the updated FFSX Mod - keep up the good work.

EDIT - Still play testing - not many issues that are a big concern - only one I have seen is the incompatibility with BIS faces / custom faces - most of my other addons running have messed up heads. Any way around this ?

anyway of putting the SLX death anims in to this ? is there a way to edit the SLX config ?

strange I've seen them in mine where a US soldier was running and shot and he flipped over while still sprinting

not in mine - I only seem to have a few death anims - was wondering if the SLX ones (similar to the ones in FFSX) can be added or (if they are) edited in the SLX config.

**Edit** I need to play test it more - was expecting some of the amazing multi-death effects from FFSX

Were is this map. http://youtube.com/watch?v=vWzi5pHkSrA&feature=related

Is there any BIG iraq maps available as a 5 buildings that are reapeted just does not do it for me. Uh.... Should i just buy VBS1(only the army/desert one)?

I do believe thats IMUC River City - check this out http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=10547

S. Chapman

think giving the map screen a BFT border be pretty highspeed, I can post a pick of one its in most us combat vehicles down to the humvee now.

The death animations tend to cause issues in mp games thus why most servers ban ffur users on connection. The animations tend to cause a server crash if everyone doesn't have them.

RF humvee pack has the 85 to 95 floating around, they might be a bit of work finding. only a few verssions of hummvees cause they just got issued in 85.. Still considered protototypes, the M880 was the mainstay which was just a dodge pickup truck with 24 v system the Gama goat, and a few other vehicles like the mech mule.

The death animations tend to cause issues in mp games thus why most servers ban ffur users on connection.  The animations tend to cause a server crash if everyone doesn't have them.

Understood - but is there a way (thinking aloud) of switching (either in config / options) from a MP compatible game to an SP version for anims / gameplay ?

Again just thinking out loud.......

S. Chapman

Yes it is doable, FFUR used a mp config which removed most of the mp unfriendly fx But you loose most of the fx. Now if you used a ffur based server and everyone had the same version of the game. I ran one for a while, cause the missions had features we needed. Mostly for a law enforcement simulator.

Same problem with most mods, its nolonger the base game, there will always be issues with compatablity. Prettymuch its a mod your not going to easilly play against folks that do not have the simular mod.

Basic prblem with mp games server has to give everyone what the others have and or see inorder to function proporly.

maps, units, effects, addons, scripts you name it,

when something don't mesh, the game crashes, so you have say lean animations the other players do not and the server may or maynot have it, you lean, boom you just crashed everyone and the server. The game sees you do something it cannont react due to not having said addon or anim, it crashes 90% of the time rather than give an error message.

ZOFP isn't te type of engine like quake that distrubes most of the critical files to all players other than what is in the mission.

So you try to connect to most mp servers with ffur they are usually going to player id bann you rather than risk the server crash. When you go through the old file check.

Just played some missions with your mod and it is somehow a big difference in gameplay than FFUR-SLX.

The AI is way more agressive... i have to try out certain mission up to 10times because of this very realistic acting killer-AI.

Even though FFUR uses nearly the same enhancements through the SLX-Mod, it seems that the AI is "better" and feels more realistic acting than in FFUR-SLX.

So far good job!

Anyway what i personally dont like are many of the sounds (like from BMP1P, for example) and like in, and because of SLX - the ugly tracers.

Best Reagards, Christian

just a request

but do you think it is possible to release a list of weapons and corresponding class/ammo names?

i'm trying to mix and match weapon loadouts for a misson of mine, but dont have the class names to use

and not to knock your mod. it's very well done, but i have afew problems with your "specops" marines. I can help you out if you want

Some humvies are No-solid and can walk over with colissions. (Sry i English.)  whistle.gif

found two small bugs :

1 : Russian Naval Infantry Grenadier - when adding PSo sight - weapon disappears and you become unarmed

2. VDV officer tends to rely on sidearm than PSO sighted (permanently I think) AK.

Other than that - this mod is very well laid out - detailed and extremely fun to play - its putting new life back into an old platform - had to delete BF2 & ARMA to beef up all my favorite addons.

I do agree with someone elses post - VDV armour is needed - I know FDF mod had a solid set of BMD-1 & 2 as well VITAPC pack has BMD-3 and BMD-3M versions.

Speaking of FDF mod - what about giving our local resistance friends the SPG-9 73mm Recoiless Rifle huh.gif It would boost their anti-tank capability - and would tie in with the low-end force (not all resistance bands can afford AT-5 or TOW missile systems) - I think FDF also had a SPG-9 mounted on a jeep (UAZ) - just my 2 cents worth.

Cheers and keep up the good work!

S. Chapman

Looks nice, downloading now.

One small question, is the suppressive fire feature where you automatically go prone when under fire? Or is it something else?

more like the move and shoot keeping the enemy pinned down and unable to return fire without exposing thelselves till you over take thier postion and destroy them.. WAs the big feature in the Call of Duty series games. Tony Ranger got it to work in OFP..

I reinstalled OFP to test something and for some reason now some grass effects are missing and are showing the white walls again. This is with MCM 1.01 patch and extra pack installed again wonder why.

I believe the grass was still not corrected with 1.01 in which case you still had to use the specific SLX grass maps for Everon and Malden.

I believe that was one of the items corrected in the patch that was supposed to materialize a while ago.

Quote[/b] ]Big-Rooney: Well with the patch done, all that has to be done now is the uploading and posting of links, I'll get back to you all when that is done.

But most of the grass is there only on everon near malden on the left the rest is there. Also on the afghan everon also

Hello and thank you for this mod. Can you please tell me how to add the artillery script into another mod? You know how you have the soldier to have the ability to call in a artilley strike, by just clicking on the map and without actually adding artillery on the field? Also with your mod how do you make other soldiers have the ability to call in artillery, beside the US Army Infantry squad leader. Is it possible to have the USMC call artillery too? What one click artillery script can I use? Thank you biggrin_o.gif

Great modification! Is there a possibility that someone can put the download back up on Filefront? whistle.gif

WO! Malden is covered in white grass walls! This is strange I hope 1.02 will change this because the AI can see through that and I cant

any way to do for this mod a "MP MODE" ?

without SLX ! whistle.gif