Sign in to follow this  
Big-Rooney

Modern Combat Mod - SLX Released

Hi all, i've got a problem when i want to start the mod, i got config error cfg message, what does it mean?

MODERN COMBAT MOD - SLX PATCH UPDATES

v1.01

---------

The First Patch is nearly ready For The Modern Combat Mod - SLX Project, Intended Fix

For Some Small Errors With Initial Release.

=================================

BUGS, CHANGES AND ENHANCEMENTS:

1: US Marines Not Equipped With M40A1 - Fixed.

2: US Marine Armored Vehicles Crewed By Army ACU - Fixed.

3: No Movement Sounds When Leaning - Fixed.

4: Grenade Fuse Error - Fixed.

5: SLX Islands Not Loading With Grass - Fixed.

6: Errors In Extra Pack Buildings - Fixed.

7: Soldiers Movement Speed - Changed.

8: Big-Rooney Presents You... Changed To Big-Rooney Presents... - Changed.

9: M202A1 Error On Being Killed - Fixed (I Think).

10: Fixed Error With Icon.

SLX EFFECTS ENHANCEMENTS:

1: Suppressive Fire Not Working Error - Fixed.

2: Melee Combat Not Working Error - Fixed.

3: No SLX Tracers On Some AAA Vehicles - Fixed.

ADDITIONS:

1: Added US BDU Config With Ability To Use Old US Battle Dress Uniform.

2: Added M40A1 For Use With US Marine Snipers.

Thanks for your bug reports everyone, the patch should be ready within a few days.

Quote[/b] ]Big-Rooney,

You need to make an icon too. That would be a small but nice touch.

GD Mast

An Icon is provided within the readme folder, A fixed icon will be provided with the patch.

Quote[/b] ]Hey Big-Rooney. As some one who doesnt own any games right now, (due to work+college+lack of time) I have to say that just the list of units on this thread, made me miss the days of playing OFP.

Aside from that it also gave me an idea:

You made a list of USMC vechicles, so i'm suggesting making VDV ones as well. The thing is the VDV is the Russian equivalent of the Marines in terms of power-projection, and they do have their own equipment.

In the OFP world I remember seeing BMD3/3m in VIT's pack and BMD1/2 in FDF. Now if you can make those things parachute out of the sky, with crew inside... After all this is one of the unique abilities of the Russian forces to have a fully mechanized airborne force. And it would probably look pretty good ingame.

In terms of the feasibility of the matter- I do remeber parachuting in a BMD3M (VIT) from an MI-26 (OWP) helicopter in OFP. So maybe there are some usefull scripts there.

Well I believe that the VDV is the Russian version of US airborne troops. Armor is provided for the VDV and naval troops, light vehicles like cars and transports will be included.

Quote[/b] ]Hi all, i've got a problem when i want to start the mod, i got config error cfg message, what does it mean?

Such an error doesn't occur, Please check that your shortcut pathway is correct:

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.exe -nosplash -nomap -mod=@MCM-SLX = Standard Path.

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.exe -nosplash -nomap -mod=@MCM-SLX = Different User Path.

AS STATED ABOVE: The patch should be released within the next few days, with all the bugs fixed and some extra improvements

Hi i decided that i am sick with arma and that the games on ofp has a special feeling to it as arma doenst have and i decided that i will download your mod to see what the modern ofp mods are like these days...

Is this compatible with vista??

Big-Rooney,

That's an ambitious update you've got planned there, and from the looks of things that you mentioned, with more goodies in the works too!

About the GUI for the Editor, if you made MCM's logo more transparent, and/or moved it to a region where critical text isn't needed to be read, that would make entering and reading data a whole lot easier on the eyes. Whenever possible, and when it comes to my own graphics work, if I know that it's critical for certain data to be read/noticed, then I generally maximize the level of contrast for said regions, so that it eases eye strain and draws attention.

Now, feel free to put the following feedback at the bottom of the To Do list, since adjusting gameplay is far more important than making demo videos, but if you have the time and inclination then how about setting up some demos where we see some of MCM's/SLX's special features...

1. An attack helicopter makes an attack run, and doesn't notice a main battle tank, and its crew opens up with its machinegun on the aircraft, taking it out.

2. A dusk/dawn firefight that has APCs and infantry duking it out in a village. Make sure that anti armor personnel are about, so that we can see the special effects when those weapons are utilized, and that machinegunners are in place so that their tracers can be seen slicing through the air. Maybe do a quick camera sweep in front of an infantryman's NVD, and the screen suddenly takes on the NVD filter, and we get to view the rest of the battle with that lens on. Perhaps a smoke grenade is tossed in the middle of a street, and the AI waits for the smoke to fill the area before they try crossing the road to the other side.

3. Show units coming out of the SLX grass to make a surprise attack on a position.

And speaking of SLX grass... I'm positive that Solus poured a lot of thought and time into every aspect of his mod, and I'm speaking from a position of pure ignorance on the following feature, but has anyone ever attempted to utilize the uwargrass v.1.2 as a replacement for SLX's grass? The reason why I ask is that the uwargrass is animated. Again, I haven't tried it out yet, but it's my understanding that when the player moves through it, it's pushed aside. Maybe Solus didn't utilize it because it wreaks havoc on the framerates, but I'm just bringing it up because it sounds very cool.

The uwar grass v.1.2 can be read about here: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....hl=uwar and directly downloaded from here: ftp://www.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/uwar_grass-1.2.zip

I guess that I might as well read up on it now that I found its thread!

I hope my feedback's entertaining, if not all that useful. biggrin_o.gif

Yours,

Kyle

Nov. 3, 2007

smile_o.gif

Is this compatible with vista??

It was made on XP, but should be compatible with the Windows Vista Operating System.

very nice mod! but a few things bother me. When yur dragging a wounded soldier you can hear the sound of an engine running (thunderbird fixed this in his FFUR/SLX 2.0 mod) and the resistance units have "US" on their backs. it's all about the details... wink_o.gif but for a first timer this is great, I really appreciate the work you have put in this one! notworthy.gifinlove.gif

I have to agree with you, Teufelhund, it really is remarkable to see how few bugs there are to this mammoth mod. And for a first modding effort, that's pretty incomprehensible itself!

I mean, the first time I try anything I make all kinds of mistakes: the first brush of my toothbrush (it ends up in my ear), my first sip of tea (ends up coming out of my nose), my first shake of pepper (goes into my eye--usually the one on the left ), and...oh, I'm sure that you get the picture by now.

biggrin_o.gif

hopefully you can manage to get a few more download links, since filefront doesnt support resuming of downloads sad_o.gif

Ok Folks,

The patch I've talked so much about over the last few days is nearly finished, should be about 24 hours.

Quote[/b] ]The shortcut was not made.. I checked the mod folder and it is not there. Can you show me how to make one?

Sure thing, First Right Click then click New then click Shortcut, then enter this C:\program files\Codemasters\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE -nosplash -nomap -mod=@MCM-SLX, then name the shortcut and thats it.

(Make Sure Thats The Correct Path To Your Operation Flashpoint Folder)

Quote[/b] ]very nice mod! but a few things bother me. When yur dragging a wounded soldier you can hear the sound of an engine running (thunderbird fixed this in his FFUR/SLX 2.0 mod) and the resistance units have "US" on their backs. it's all about the details... wink_o.gif but for a first timer this is great, I really appreciate the work you have put in this one!

Thanks, The dragging wounded sounds have been fixed, the Military Forces have been changed to the HYK OPFOR soldiers for realism purposes.

Quote[/b] ]I have to agree with you, Teufelhund, it really is remarkable to see how few bugs there are to this mammoth mod. And for a first modding effort, that's pretty incomprehensible itself!

Thanks Kyle, I like your icons, and sorry about not getting back to you, I've been very busy.

Quote[/b] ]hopefully you can manage to get a few more download links, since filefront doesnt support resuming of downloads

I will try, Thanks.

Really looking forward to the update.  

Quote[/b] ]1: US Marines Not Equipped With M40A1 - Fixed.

The most modern sniper rifle for the USMC is the M40A3.  Here's a link to Kurtz's M40A3. M40A3 Sniper Rifle v1.0  That should make it the most up-to-date.  smile_o.gif  Everytime I look at this model, I'm surprised at the quality of the M40A3 he did.

GD Mast

Only a few hours left hopefully, A link will be provided when the patch is released. Please Be Patient, the power is down in the area where I live, so there might be some delay, It will be a large .Rar file that you will just need to extract into your Operation Flashpoint Folder for it to take affect.

Quote[/b] ]The most modern sniper rifle for the USMC is the M40A3. Here's a link to Kurtz's M40A3. M40A3 Sniper Rifle v1.0 That should make it the most up-to-date. smile_o.gif Everytime I look at this model, I'm surprised at the quality of the M40A3 he did.

GD Mast

GD Mast, Your observation is noted, I have changed the version to the M40A3 from kurtz. Changed it about 2 days ago. But thanks anyway

Quote[/b] ]Is the patch released?

Answered above.

Ok, i managed to download this mod, i have to say i extremley impressed with it, all the extra units etc, its really a special pack, and as all the units are using facetex2 heads they go well with my own Nogovan Light Infantry Units smile_o.gif

faults = cant find any at all really inlove.gif

Quote[/b] ]MODERN COMBAT MOD - SLX PATCH UPDATES

v1.01

---------

The First Patch Released For The Modern Combat Mod - SLX Project, Intended Fix

For Some Small Errors With Initial Release.

I've looked up and down, but I don't see a patch.. Is it really released?

Quote[/b] ]Only a few hours left hopefully, A link will be provided when the patch is released. Please Be Patient, the power is down in the area where I live, so there might be some delay, It will be a large .Rar file that you will just need to extract into your Operation Flashpoint Folder for it to take affect.

Look more carefully nener.gif

Hi Folks,

Sorry for the delay but the power was out yesterday, and I've been very busy with Rugby training and other stuff.

As I promised here is the Patch and the fixed Extra Pack. Sorry about the delay again.

Modern Combat - SLX Mod Patch v1.01 (276mb)

Extra Pack v2 (12mb)

ArmyNew.jpg

ResNew.jpg

GrassNew.jpg

BUGS, CHANGES AND ENHANCEMENTS:

1: Fixed: US Marines Loadout Errors.

2: Fixed: US Marine Armored Vehicles Crewed By Army ACU.

3: Fixed: No Movement Sounds When Leaning.

4: Fixed: Grenade Fuse Error.

5: Fixed: SLX Islands Not Loading With Grass.

6: Fixed: Errors In Extra Pack Buildings.

7: Fixed: Soldiers Movement Speed.

8: Fixed: Big-Rooney Presents You Changed To Big-Rooney Presents.

9: Fixed: M202A1 Error On Being Killed.

10: Fixed: Error With Icon. New Icon Provided By Kyle_K_Ski.

11: Change: New M4A1 (SD) Firing Sound.

SLX EFFECTS ENHANCEMENTS:

1: Fixed: Suppressive Fire Not Working Error.

2: Fixed: Melee Combat Not Working Error.

3: Fixed: No SLX Tracers On Some AAA Vehicles.

4: Change: New SLX Grass For SLX Grass Islands.

MODEL CHANGES:

1: Change: Resistance Guerrillas Changed To Rellikki's Hi-Quality Guerrillas.

2: Change: Military Defence Forces Changed To Hyakushiki OPFOR Soldiers.

ADDITIONS:

1: Added: US BDU Config.

2: Added: M40A3 Sniper Rifle.

3: Added: SA-58 Assault Rifles.

CREDITS:

- Rellikki - For The Hi-Quality Resistance Guerrillas.

- Hyakushiki - For The Defence Forces Soldiers (OPFOR Soldiers Models).

- Kurtz - For The M40A3 Sniper Pack.

- CSLA MOD - For The SA-58 Assault Rifles.

- Kyle_K_Ski - For The New Shortcut Icon.

- Bug Reporters - For Finding All The Bugs.

Please If you find anymore bugs please let me know,

Enjoy, Big-Rooney

I wish that there was a smiley with saliva dripping out of its mouth, because that's what my mouth's doing as I wait for the update to download.

More later!

Kyle

smile_o.gif

Nov. 7, 2007

Again, nice work, truthfully, I'm rather impressed by the way you work on your mod, it seems that we have quite similar inspirations regarding some aspects.

I'm sure that with some more efforts in terms of the edition of the menu 'Rscdisplaymainmenu' and 'The first splash screen' and this mod would be almost perfect.

- Splash screen: Too much of writings, just take out the 'Modern war crisis' from the stringtable.csv, it seems rather unnecessary, maybe include a slightly photoshoped picture instead of the current one, which seems a bit 'simple'. ;]

- Main Menu GUI: Make the letters a bit smaller, perhaps include a picture there too.

- Mission Editor GUI: Change the font, it doesn't fit at all, that is why I didn't keep it from my last projects.

- Little goodies (Mouse arrow, Aiming Cursors...): Maybe take out FFUR ones and carry out yours in order to customize your mod, unless you find the current ones good enough (which in my opinion, do seriously need an update, heh.)

Of course, these suggestions exclusively depend on your own taste and opinion, if you find them good then don't feel the need to change them.

Otherwise, I like how you put things properly in the config, that's the way to follow!

I'm pretty optimistic about this mod's future, keep it up. ;]

Regards,

TB

Patch 1.01 observation:

The US Marines come equipped with only one magazine, or at least they're unable to reload.

Quick feedback before bed (it's VERY late)...

I'm quite positive that I installed the patch/new package update because I observed the following:

1. I was killed three times by the M202A1. It only froze up once, when before it was all the time. Also, the flame effects are different than before; it's no longer using John's fire (even though I enabled John's Fire when I installed the Extras pack). An aside: perhaps you could enable the M202A1 to set SLX on fire nearly every time it hits the grass? It is, after all, a fire inducing weapon by design.

2. The crossed U.S./Russian flags have been removed.

3. I'd advise that with each update that there's some kind of indicator of the current version pasted onto the initial GUI screen, that way nobody's guessing if the installation of the update went well.

The following is still showing up after the update on my system:

4. The black loading screen says "Big-Rooney Presents You" instead of "Big-Rooney Presents..."

5. I still can't hear the jangling equipment when the body's moving. Due to having a sleeping daughter nearby, I have to keep the sound down some, but I could clearly hear such sounds when I was playing FFSX at the same volume I'm using now.

6. Movement speed seems unaffected. I can still move extremely quickly, and now I hardly ever hear myself "running out of breath," whereas before I could hear my body getting exhausted from exertion much more quickly.

7. There seems to be a lack of inertia. I can pretty much stop my body wherever I want nearly instantly, even if I was running at top speed for a handful of seconds.

8. Smoke grenades when tossed look like M67 frag grenades, when they should look more like cylinders.

9. The grenades in Clean Sweep were still of the "explode on contact" type.

10. I didn't see any SLX grass during Clean Sweep. Again, it doesn't have to be an automatic option. Perhaps it could be made available as an optional configuration when the mod's installed, but I was surprised when it wasn't there after the patch was put into place.

11. I only suffered mild effects from suppressing fire. It seems like this setting was reduced.

Ah, I'm so tired right now I can't recall what else there was... If time permits, I'll try again tomorrow night.

So...sleepy...me...must...sleep...<snore!>

Keep up the hard work!

Good night!

Kyle

Nov. 8, 2007

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

6. Movement speed seems unaffected. I can still move extremely quickly, and now I hardly ever hear myself "running out of breath," whereas before I could hear my body getting exhausted from exertion much more quickly.

7. There seems to be a lack of inertia. I can pretty much stop my body wherever I want nearly instantly, even if I was running at top speed for a handful of seconds.

I like the movement of MCM...I mean I'm not sure if it's realistic but it much swifter than FFSX one wink_o.gif

about 7th. could you make it like in FFSX? when running with highest speed and then stop rapidly that you will lay down or throw yourself down?? smile_o.gif

thx

Schulz