Sign in to follow this  
Q1184

Sharper recoils

Does this work in normal MP? Useless download, if it doesn't.

Well it's considered a cheat if not everyone has it icon_rolleyes.gif

Decent servers will either block it or recommend that everyone uses it.

I use this for SP now. I like it, but I don't think I'll use it online.

Meh, so that makes it useless. No point to train for aim you can't really use online.

Its not useless for MP, me and my friends are using it. Then again all of us have it.

If you want to use it on a public server where its not a part of some needed addons I suppose its best to not use it.

The weapons have such a great feel to them now without that auto-adjusting movement. Spectacular job! notworthy.gif

Now if only the reloading/binocular halting could be removed...

It may be too much to ask but I was wondering if someone wouldn't mind making a YouTube video showing 1st and 3rd person perspectives of the recoil, and a comparison to vanilla ArmA.

It may be too much to ask but I was wondering if someone wouldn't mind making a YouTube video showing 1st and 3rd person perspectives of the recoil, and a comparison to vanilla ArmA.

Try yourself, it's a small download. It helps full auto shooting a lot.

Just out of curiosity would this work with custom weapons as well (say like addons) ?

I'm guessing not since they are seperate stats/files etc right? huh.gif

Well it's working with the UKF pack but maybe they use some copied values...

Just out of curiosity would this work with custom weapons as well (say like addons) ?

I'm guessing not since they are seperate stats/files etc right? huh.gif

They work if custom weapons inherit the recoils from BIS weapons.

great improvement Q11, now i like the weapons in arma. Hope your mini modification (s) will be used in the servers notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Q1184,

I just tried the recoil mod - I must say that it's a must. It dropped my frustration level with Arma by ~20%.

Thank you for making it!

It's awesome ! biggrin_o.gif

My only sadness is about Aimpoint's desert weapons pack that keep vanilla value for recoil and ROF.

I just can't use his pack because of that and indeed I don't know what to do to fix it by myself.

Still love using this pack.

One thing I love: the minor recentering after each shot still requires you to reacquire a target at range, which makes repeated aimed shots still take skill and correct timing... The requirement for skill has increased and the guns feel more solid than 'vanilla'. smile_o.gif

Hey all,

*Warning* Nub Question

How exactly do I install this addon? I dled it, and found two .pbo's and two .bisigns files. I was under the impression that all I had to do was just copy all of these over to the 'Addons' folder in my ArmA directory. However, after doing that, I didn't notice any difference in the recoils of the guns.

The read-me was a little confusing. How do I install this?

(Also, does this work with the ArmaEffects addon?)

Thanks! sad_o.gifhelp.gif

Ok, 1.09 beta changed something in recoil handling, so now my recoils feel like they are played at 1.5-2x speed. I will investigate further and hopefully release a 1.09 specific version.

Edit

Just confirmed that custom weapon packs are also affected - all the recoils are screwed up  confused_o.gif  Thanks BIS...

I hope you'll still make a 1.09-specific version. I really like your mod - in 1.08 it made the game a lot more playable. I don't have 1.09 yet, so I need to see that first, but from what I read, some recoil tweaking will not hurt.

i just would like to say that BIS 1.09 recoils are still bad. Now they have no recoil at all. And the recoil are equal in prone and stand up position.

Looks like BIS recoils settings are "8" or "80".

they still didnt do difference between prone and stand up. The sharper recoils and the one i edited myself are better IMO then BIS ones.

Meaning that the sharp recoils should work fine in version 1.09.

Just confirmed that custom weapon packs are also affected - all the recoils are screwed up confused_o.gif Thanks BIS...

So, for the benefit of everyone, including those who do not participate in the online community, you're giving BIS shit for doing the exact same thing you did only on a core game level?

Nice!

I'm seriously considering renaming this mod to "Slacker recoils", cause you can't go any sharper than 1.09 recoils lol tounge2.gif

@plantiff1

I don't know what they wanted to do, but I don't like the outcome. I'm not blaming them, it's just I put quite some time and effort in this mod and some weapon packs, and now it all goes to hell and I have to start from scratch.

i bet they will change it again.. dont know why they put the recoils like this.

if i were you i would wait for a official release, else you will have to change and change again and again. confused_o.gif

I really dont see the point in BIS changing the recoils to almost zero. They had enough information from the community to make the recoils perfect without use of a mod. And now they change to the oposite and still look crap, As if they are testing community nerves..

What did BIS change so your recoils isnt overwriting the default values?

It's not about overwriting, it's about engine changes that make Arma interpret recoil values in a different way.

It's not about overwriting, it's about engine changes that make Arma interpret recoil values in a different way.

Shit.. But I hope it will be better in the long run..

edit: @Q1184. I think the best for you is to wait for the real patch as they probably tweak the recoils again.

Personally I think that they should implement your recoils!

I released a 1.09-specific version of the recoils, download and info in the first post. Also included is a fix for SVD 2 seconds reload time.