Sign in to follow this  
JOHNsArT

KINGTIGER

John why dont you make your oun models, stop using other peoples models and giving no credit and not even asking, I know marfy did not say you could use his model cus he left the comunity.

Please dude I am not trying to be rude I just thought you better then this.

send me a pm with you MSN

Kingtiger is nice smile_o.gif

even though i´d rather have a Panther :P

but we cant get everything we want huh? wink_o.gif

good to see some ww2 stuff in ArmA... (finally)

lets just hope it´s the first of many ww2 addons smile_o.gif

Despite how it looks, Königstiger is not German for "King

tiger". That is a mistake originally made by WW2 allied

intelligence  staff; now continually perpetuated by modern

"authorities". You should really stick to the German name.

I hope you'll finish the model with a proper interior and sight

optics.

All we'd need then for maximum tank hunting fun is a Firefly

or an Irish Guards Sherman to ram it up the ass.  smile_o.gif

Tuesday 18th July, 1944. Cagny, N. France. The Königstiger

is Nr. 112 of 1. Kompanie of 503.s.Pz.Abt. The Sherman

is "Ballyraggett" of 5th Gds. Armd. Bde, 2/(Armoured) Irish

Guards.

Notice how the impact of 30 tons of speeding Sherman has

done little more than scratch the paint on the Tiger. The

Tiger was actually knocked out by a fusilade of 17 pdr and

[misdirected] PaK 40 rounds.

ramtiger.jpg

John why dont you make your oun models, stop using other peoples models and giving no credit and not even asking, I know marfy did not say you could use his model cus he left the comunity.

As I see it, every member that made a substantial contribution to the old projects or on any of the 2 Phase 1 releases can use the content of members that agreed to have their work included, but are now unreachable, unless that member has at one point specifically instructed his work can only be used for the mod. As we (being myself, Vex and John) all know Marfy has been gone for over 2 years, with no reply being given to e-mails.

It is common practice in the community to use someones work after trying their best to contact them, again unless that person specifically instructed otherwise. It wouldn't have taken John much thought to realize that he would never be able to contact Marfy, so why even attempt to do so when we didn't manage to so during the last 2 years?

I understand your feelings. It's perhaps ethically not entirely correct, but there is a limit to how much effort you should have to put into contacting someone to ask for permission...Although if the work has been partially made by someone else it would be nice to see this mentioned in the thread + readme.

I know but please atleast make sure ppl know whoes work it is, I mean john wouldn't like me to use his work and not say that it was partly his, so I think it fair to make sure other ppls work is known

That point is always understood when it comes to giving due credit, especially when it comes to such a model.

I'm just really thankful that this was revived since Marfy has been gone for some time, to see anything WWII in ArmA is a blessing.

Quote[/b] ]Despite how it looks, Königstiger is not German for "King

tiger". That is a mistake originally made by WW2 allied

intelligence  staff; now continually perpetuated by modern

"authorities". You should really stick to the German name.

You got the dictionary ? König is tranalated as  king )) Don't look for weird explanation - it's simple promotion wink_o.gif

If someone interested in my opinion - i'd like to know who is doing the textures for all this ww2 stuff out there. For me the real author is the man that draw textures.

Have been to the Panzermuseum in Munster a long time ago and saw one of them there. Was an awfull big thing. Just the tracks where 80cm wide. Nice to see it comping into ArmA.

The Sherman

is "Ballyraggett" of 5th Gds. Armd. Bde, 2/(Armoured) Irish

Guards.

Notice how the impact of 30 tons of speeding Sherman has

done little more than scratch the paint on the Tiger. The

Tiger was actually knocked out by a fusilade of 17 pdr and

misdirected PaK 40 rounds.

'>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/whisky01/ramtiger.jpg

Knocked out or abandoned? Armour penetrated or just immobilized? I was pretty sure that no King Tiger was lost due to enemy AT or tank guns, mainly air attacks.

Quote[/b] ]john why dont you make your oun models, stop using other peoples models and giving no credit and not even asking, I know marfy did not say you could use his model cus he left the comunity.

johns_skinn@hotmail.com

this --isnt Marfys-- model mate go home, a complete different work

different UVW´S, i work for now 3 years on this Tiger 2. Updated the mesh every year ...so stop lying and leave....take it like a man that u are at bada..s.

I dont need third party meshes...i m very able to do my own work kid.

100% JOHNS WORK

tnx ppl

IM A 3D artist making my own work

work like this

RATRAC.jpg

wasch.jpg

gas.jpg

tiger-t1.jpg

tmaeh.jpg

dem.jpg

so stinky dont call me a lyer.....compare marfys mesh and uvw with mine.

Im telling the true

CHEERS JOHN

I was wondering how he would have gotten hold of Marfy's Königstiger, since neither Marcel, Rebus or I ever managed to get it, or any other Marfy tank for that matter. I've only ever been able to get hold of one or two texturefiles of the Königstiger. So I'm 90% sure the model is by John and not Marfy.

And John please stop calling people names wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]was wondering how he would have gotten hold of Marfy's Königstiger, since neither Marcel, Rebus or I ever managed to get it, or any other Marfy tank for that matter. I've only ever been able to get hold of one or two texturefiles of the Königstiger. So I'm 90% sure the model is by John and not Marfy.

TRUE and Jojimbo too

Quote[/b] ]And John please stop calling people names

stinky hehe

t2_uvw.jpg

bad quality Diffuse ....only for showing the skinn

Great Model

Quote[/b] ]Interesting Video for some smile_o.gif

Restored King Tiger

wow

Rebus old partner how you do ...

ILOVE you Guys inlove.gif

REGARDS

Quote[/b] ]bad quality Diffuse ....only for showing the skinn

It's bad idea to use one single texture files for alpha and opaque textures wink_o.gif You'll get performance and grafic issues cause engine will calculate the whole texture as alpha consisting one

Nice work man! Cant wait till I get the chanse to ride it notworthy.gif Keep it up lad!

Quote[/b] ]Quote

bad quality Diffuse ....only for showing the skinn

It's bad idea to use one single texture files for alpha and opaque textures wink_o.gif You'll get performance and grafic issues cause engine will calculate the whole texture as alpha consisting one

--I havent said , that i use one big texture.-- THIS IS ONLY FOR SHOWING -- MY TIGER TWO SKINN IS SPLITTED IN EIGHT PARTS ON HIGHRES QUALITY

t2_uvwtiles.jpg

Fantastic model, great work realy. i am very proud to see this german goods here in arma!!! Now we need a small sherman tank for chow rofl.gif

Großartig einer der besten custom Arbeiten überhaupt!!!

Quote[/b] ]Fantastic model, great work realy. i am very proud to see this german goods here in arma!!! Now we need a small sherman tank for chow rofl.gif

Großartig einer der besten custom Arbeiten überhaupt!!!

FIRMA DANKT

Holy mother of #$*(....   This is a beautiful model...  Seriously, very nice!   notworthy.gif

I've been waiting for the WWII arena to come alive...  Perhaps this will be the catalyst...

Great work!  Truly...

I'm really doubt whether MARPHY is a real person who ever existed. Never saw any real addons from him in OFP...

For John's king tiger, of course very nice. I've been playing his heavy german tank addons in OFP WW2 scenario. For this one for ARMA, just a pity there would be no any WW2 soldier addons to be used in ARMA currently. I've got many WW2 stuff in OFP, just wonder whether any latest ARMA editing tool could be used for transferring them to ARMA??

I'm really doubt whether MARPHY is a real person who ever existed. Never saw any real addons from him in OFP...

Marfy was the best ofp modeller in engliah-speaking community wink_o.gif Only Sebastain Muller cab be compared to him

Nothing is released - that's his choice. AFAIK his is left to BF2 Forgotten Hope wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]For John's king tiger, of course very nice. I've been playing his heavy german tank addons in OFP WW2 scenario. For this one for ARMA, just a pity there would be no any WW2 soldier addons to be used in ARMA currently. I've got many WW2 stuff in OFP, just wonder whether any latest ARMA editing tool could be used for transferring them to ARMA??

Check SLX_people addon. You can port ofp man model but that kinda tricky wink_o.gif And result will be disappointing. Converting vehicles is simple but there're not many ofp addons that deserve to be ported.

Quote[/b] ]For John's king tiger, of course very nice. I've been playing his heavy german tank addons in OFP WW2 scenario. For this one for ARMA, just a pity there would be no any WW2 soldier addons to be used in ARMA currently. I've got many WW2 stuff in OFP, just wonder whether any latest ARMA editing tool could be used for transferring them to ARMA??

Check SLX_people addon. You can port ofp man model but that kinda tricky wink_o.gif And result will be disappointing. Converting vehicles is simple but there're not many ofp addons that deserve to be ported.

I hope that if the complete model isn't ported, at least some of the components will be used. Helmets, combat equipment, smocks/parts of the uniform, it'd be a shame if none of that were used for Armed Assault.

Marfy was the best ofp modeller in engliah-speaking community wink_o.gif Only Sebastain Muller cab be compared to him

Nothing is released - that's his choice. AFAIK his is left to BF2 Forgotten Hope wink_o.gif

Marfy only made things that look good on screenshots, single models with no lods, that is why his tanks were never released beyond the one (Panther) that Invasion 1944 really needed, we were not Marfy's goons for finishing stuff he couldn't be bothered with himself.

He had the talent but not the attitude to actually finish things he started on. A real pity. And while I agree about his textures being brilliant, his models could have been optimized a little more.

I hope John can do a better job at finishing is addons, and judging from some of his previous work he can.