Sign in to follow this  
JOHNsArT

KINGTIGER

great tank mate , good to see ur back .. loved ur opf stuff

looking fw for using it in arma .. regards

Quote[/b] ]Marfy only made things that look good on screenshots, single models with no lods

too bad invmod could not delegate powers. I agree that there're a lot of ofp models that got know lods, but well textured model is about 80% of the addon wink_o.gif There're quite a lot people who can make lods but, you know, there're just a few really good 2d artists out there wink_o.gif

Absolutely, I agree it. So I do appreciate what the work and attitude that teams of Libreation Mod, Invasion 44 Mod , FDF Mod and others have attributed to OFP during the past years. They really made and released the best addons for OFP community.

Hello JohnsarT, congrats for the model, it looks really good imho. i would like to ask you about all those details u have around the tank body, like the ropes/cables, shovle,etc. i see u have some polygons there, but i wonder exactly how many tris u have in ALL those some details... are u using normal maps for that?

When comparing the renders with game images, it seems that ur loosing a lot of details in the tracks and other parts... i know a render is a render, but it seems something is being lost in those ingame pics. are u baking light information in the diffuse? ur multypling ambient occlusion to the diffuse?

What about the normal maps and specular? can u show us a miniature of them? and last question...how u big u will make the diffuse texture? 2048X2048? Bis models have that texture size, which freaks me up...

Hope u can answer to some of this questions, and again, congrats for the great work ur doing. thumbs-up.gif

T24TILED.jpg

this was only a ingame test , to see how many polys the new engine can handle.

Also my org.Tiger 2 stays by 100k polys the most gone to the tracks and wheels....for now i reduce my model down to 10k for ARMA but i think i can handle it down to 8-10k finished with all does details like in the org.3ds render.not the tracks cse.im not an animator.

IM using always normal and occlusion maps.

Also point is i need to remodel most parts of my tiger new.

ps.:some ppl. flaming me that this isnt my Tiger2 , that make me

very angry ..... sience im back in the community....so im thinking about stop modding for Arma public ....and do only personel work for me.

have fun with what is out.

banghead.gif

a big tnx to VEX_MAN super lod modeler/his pseudonym GARRET for telling untrue storys....----I DONT NEED IT----

also guys cheers JOHN

John now thats not fair to those of us that appreciate your work and haven't said anything.

I have been quietly sitting here in a loss of words about your work and now your stopping !

I am a serious WWII fanatic and your desperately needed in this community

John i make Bratty words mine, and if u have been in the community for a while, you should know there's always plp here that like to accuse us from "stealing" someones work, without checking 1st if its true or not....it kind of happened to me in the past with ofp, but of course i didnt give a shit to those stupid accusations... envy is present everywhere, even here sometimes.

So plz dont waste your time with it, and let us enjoy the "making of" your tank, and then someday even try it in the game.

So about what really matters now, thank u for posting the textures here, i checked u know how to dress an addon properly.

keep us posted !

John, great peace of work.. once in a while I'm checking the boards but wow, you are really doing great on this King Tiger!

Love the ingame shots, keep up the great effort!! notworthy.gif

Regards

Marcel

John now thats not fair to those of us that appreciate your work and haven't said anything.

I have been quietly sitting here in a loss of words about your work and now your stopping !

I am a serious WWII fanatic and your desperately needed in this community

I can understand him, and about those comments what i have read here about his work (the negative ones) would make me angry also. this work is for free, for fun, to improve the skills, to get comments whats really good, or what is looking not right. but surely not that this work is stolen. He worked on this tiger long time ago, in OFP times also.

you can say "this is not fair" to those publics which have made him angry, and not to JOHN.and ofcourse if JOHN is doing this really only for him, you can also thank to those publics which have made him angry. this is the true community, and if im honest, sometims this community sucks like hell.

@JOHN

do that what you think is right FOR YOU with your work.

Sentry

Sentry everytime and everywhere there are some ppl complaining and nitpicking. But if you only focus on their comments - what will be with progress, development etc.? Ask yourself how can you deal with it - and recognize suggestions. Lot of kids and ppl. don't know how to say it in proper way - maybe they have poor education confused_o.gif

JOHNsArT will be nice if you make this Königstiger final and release this asap! Don't worry about comments.

And what would be the use for the tank in Arma "asap!" huh.gif

He can work on it for years if he want...there`s nothing around that can be usefull to play with for the tank rofl.gif

No battlefield(WWII-like), no other tanks/vehicles, no German units or allies...etc.

Anyway...it still looks nice thumbs-up.gif

Of course there's no need in rushing anyone, but I think it would be nice to eventually have this tank available in game, regardless of whatever else is available.

Of course there's no need in rushing anyone, but I think it would be nice to eventually have this tank available in game, regardless of whatever else is available.

Mabye members from Liberation Mod could offer some solier packs. Actually they have done very good in OFP. I still play my WW2 stuff in Liberation Mod. You know, the animations in the Mod is as good as that of ARMA.

Agreed, Liberation 1941-45 has to be one of the best 2WW mods for OFP to date, I'd look forward to it if some models were offered for use in ArmA.

Still, John has been working on this tank for a long time now, it would be wonderful to see it fully working, even at beta stage in game.

Quote[/b] ]Mabye members from Liberation Mod could offer some solier packs

liberation  _soldiers_ were quite crappy - even for ofp biggrin_o.gif Would be a nightmare to play with it in arma. Though  it's easy to port any vehicle from ofp to arma it's stil near to impossible to make/convert proper infantry model. I haven't seen any custom (i mean really custom not standart one with some polies moved ) model in arma. and i doubt i will ever seen -there's no good references/tools for skinning and  no one with a plenty of time to waste.

i wouldn't expect anything reallly great to be made for this game - cause it's far not as great as was expected and there's little interest in this game compared to ofp. no surprise there're not many mods  out there.

Least some people are trying dude. Yeah its a bummer there isn't as much drive as OFP. But there isn't any reason why it won't slowly come to fruition. At least BIS says that you can port ArmA models to ArmA2. ( Hummmmm.) Just like a bottle of home brew beer, open it too early, no good. Open it way later, wow thats good. It just takes time, thats all.

Oh, and that Koning tiger looks F***ing sweet. How much longer until you are happy with it to release it?

Quote[/b] ]At least BIS says that you can port ArmA models to ArmA2. (

of course you can biggrin_o.gif Even porting OFP-Arma is not as hard for experienced mod maker ;)And it will be a peace of cake to go from Arma to Arma 2 - just cause Arma2 is nothing more then Arma patch with proper model variaty.

Quote[/b] ]just cause Arma2 is nothing more then Arma patch with proper model variaty.
Meh. You may have truth in your words, but the only people who really know are the folks who are making it, we just get the crumbs that fall off their table. Never really much to go on when you get crumbs. Bummer that.

Oh, and to stay on topic, Damm that king tiger makes me do a homer. Graughhhhhhh.

Quote[/b] ]Oh, and to stay on topic

I'm on wink_o.gif I supprt the view that there will be no playable scenario with this rare beasty (( That's why i'm more interested in Flak38 at the moment wink_o.gif

Can't argue with that. But at least it would/ will be nice to have in the background to have for future use WHEN that day comes. (COME ON TC and the BoB MOD! COH can only do so much for that WW2 fix for me! ( And FYI all, got MOH:Airborne. It don't cut the mustard! ) )

Edit: HAZZAR! Made 100 posts! Took long enough.

Just a heads-up mate. The camouflage pattern you've used was applied only on a handful of Tiger IIs (there was NO "Kingtiger" or even "Koenigstiger" officialy) around Berlin in the last two months of the war. They were late production models that had quite a few differences from the standard production version that you have modelled. Imho you'd best go for the 3-colour ambush scheme. Oh and I'd lose the bucket. It would never stay attached there on a long march or in battle conditions for more than a couple of minutes.

Just a heads-up mate. The camouflage pattern you've used was applied only on a handful of Tiger IIs (there was NO "Kingtiger" or even "Koenigstiger" officialy) around Berlin in the last two months of the war. They were late production models that had quite a few differences from the standard production version that you have modelled. Imho you'd best go for the 3-colour ambush scheme. Oh and I'd lose the bucket. It would never stay attached there on a long march or in battle conditions for more than a couple of minutes.

You joined the forums just to say that?

--Ben

great work mate.. are u thinking about making some sdkfz 250 halftraks? or maybe a panther ?

Hey john, were you going, to release this kingtiger (Königstiger)?

would be cool. WW2 Infantry has been released by villas already. would be really usefull for me. yay.gif

@John notworthy.gif