Sign in to follow this  
Hawk666

RPG

I'm quite curios :-) about the new RPG feature in Arma2.

Perhaps, the developers can give some infos about it? Personally, I would be interested to know, if the RPG feature can be accessed via scripts/FSM and what the (planned) features are.

Are 'personal' relations modeled as well? For example if an 'AI' friend is dying...has this impact on the morale of the remaining friend and so on...

Thanks.

Are 'personal' relations modeled as well? For example if an 'AI' friend is dying...has this impact on the morale of the remaining friend and so on...

Thanks.

I'd love to see that, war isn't just about killing the bad guys while staying alive, at least not from a participating individuals perspective.

A more personal and intimate form of immersion would be awesome.

Quote[/b] ]

A more personal and intimate form of immersion would be awesome.

I totally agree. This aspect is one of the main missing parts in the engine so far. AI soldiers should have some EQ (emotional intelligence), which can be accessed by mission creators.

It would be nice if your friends would yell for you're help if they were injured or in a tight spot. I think it would add a bit of emotional value to ArmaII, especially if you were to late and they died. sad_o.gif

Yeah I've thought some emotion here and there wouldn't go amiss. As long as it isn't like Brothers In Arms' "brotherhood" (or lack of it) I'm OK with it.

a better radio function with hand-animations (for example get down, move forward, attack there...) where nice..

Also sound for the enemie units.. maybe a bit radio communication.. so you can use the hand signs in multiplayer wink_o.gif

I remember few fonctions :

Quote[/b] ]This is a reserved keyword for future implementations. In Armed Assault it is not implemented yet.

# kbAddDatabase

# kbAddDatabaseTargets

# kbAddTopic

# kbHasTopic

# kbRemoveTopic

# kbTell

I guess they will be implemented in ArmA2 for RPG aspect.

So I think basic and game default RPG element would be related to what AI could detect.

If a friendly AI is shooting at something, go close to it -> dialog interface :

- What's happen here ?

- There is a sniper, at twelve o'clock !

Sure this would remind old radio report from our teammates, except we could ask even to AI from another group.

Also maybe information could be more accurate : if the sniper have a great AI skill, AI friend could add to its answer "he's a tough one.", or if sniper is wounded "but he's almost done."

And so on with : weapon does sniper have, is he fleeing, is hidden, etc... amount of information could result from knowabout value

I remember few fonctions :
Quote[/b] ]This is a reserved keyword for future implementations. In Armed Assault it is not implemented yet.

# kbAddDatabase

# kbAddDatabaseTargets

# kbAddTopic

# kbHasTopic

# kbRemoveTopic

# kbTell

I guess they will be implemented in ArmA2 for RPG aspect.

So I think basic and game default RPG element would be related to what AI could detect.

If a friendly AI is shooting at something, go close to it -> dialog interface :

- What's happen here ?

- There is a sniper, at twelve o'clock !

Sure this would remind old radio report from our teammates, except we could ask even to AI from another group.

Also maybe information could be more accurate : if the sniper have a great AI skill, AI friend could add to its answer "he's a tough one.", or if sniper is wounded "but he's almost done."

And so on with : weapon does sniper have, is he fleeing, is hidden, etc... amount of information could result from knowabout value

A absolute great idea!

I hope, no i pray to see somthing like that in the final ARMA2

That would be so great and i think not soooo hard to implement.

Regards, Christian

It would be nice if your friends would yell for you're help if they were injured or in a tight spot. I think it would add a bit of emotional value to ArmaII, especially if you were to late and they died. sad_o.gif

Your comment reminded me of that scene from Full Metal Jacket where an Vietnamese sniper wounds a member of a US squad out in the open. The wounded man is lying there groaning and pleading for help but it's a death wish for any of his buddies to go out and help him.

War isn't pretty and I think having a "dying" animation for AI would really add to the immersion. As was said, imagine being pinned down and not being able to get to your buddy who's only a few metres away.

Better yet imagine overtaking an enemy position and coming up to it, finding half of the enemy are not dead but dying. That would really have some impact! crazy_o.gif

But this kind of thing, though immsersive and realisitic, is a bit macarbe and distressing. Because it's not everyone's cup of tea I think it would be best implemented as an option. Next to Blood: On/Off could be an option like Fatal Wounding: On/Off.

Regardless, this is probably one of those things that will never get implemented because of the effect it can have on ratings (i.e classification). Never mind, it's not in most people's "top ten hopes for ArmA 2". smile_o.gif

I like the idea of fatal wounding. It could question the ethics of war. You could perhaps hear them screaming for their mothers, saying: "I only joined up in order to feed my family!", "I was only following orders," or a number of other things seen in Saving Private Ryan. Perhaps you may feel compassion for a cowering enemy and let him go unarmed.

Imagine a mission not unlike the Christmas of 1914 where a truce is held and you no longer hate the enemy but see he is just one of you, a man making a living fighting for his country.

As games get more and more realistic and delve into more territory more things like this will be possible.

There is no exclusive with immersiveness,realism,and RPG characteristic. But let's try to not blend everything wink_o.gif

Maybe BIS see "RPG" through... civilians ?

A sneak could warn you about recent enemy activity in his neighbourhood, or a danger, or lead you the way to an ambush ( traitor! ) -According to the faction he's belong-

All of that would be incredible. For the fatal wounding, it was like what XAM is doing (or hopefully), kinda. Like medics, or anyone in general carrying a wounded comrade to a field hospital, instead of everyone just dying or getting shot, which just about only means he'll die easier.

The idea with civillians would be neat as well. All things to make it feel more like you're a part of it, characters actually interact with you (more so than just shooting at you).

I would love to see somekinda RPG or RP gamemode in ArmA2.

I am playing GTA: San Andreas in server called GTA:FRP, and it is great RP server. They have all kinda commands and stuff, but enough from it, it was just an example. What I mean is, that if you want to talk in public you must type /p (P = Public), and if you want to talk to some man next to you, you type normally. If that man is like 20 meters away and you say something, he can't hear it.

I can't explain it better, if you have GTA: SA, go try it yourself.

Here's their forums:

GTA:FRP Forums

Regards,

arskuri  pistols.gif

sorry for asking but i cant understand u. if u want to play an rpg why dont u play something else except from a MILITARY SHOOTER? what kind of rpg can be a game in which u are just shooting ppl? i cant understand.