Sign in to follow this  
JOHNsArT

German FLAK 38-20 mm

Oh man... Thank you John notworthy.gif

This will be one interesting addon for the game!

inlove.gif

Have my babies, now.

<span style='font-size:5pt;line-height:100%'>Seriously</span>

If anyone wants to host this Addon on his site ...so pls do it and post a link to them here ...tnx..

Mirror: here.

Tnx u, John notworthy.gif

Haven't seen it ingame yet, so all   remarks are for the model itself

You have to reduce shining with rvmats. it's easy. edit specular[] array.  

You have to apply empty rvmat for alpha parts like zasleh

That's definately not the best idea just generate normal map form diffuse texture. Size is huge and there're too much noise. Learn how to draw it wink_o.gif Thus you can achieve mush better effect.

Too bad there're resolution lod missing sad_o.gif only first one is there

Round details need some more polies.

The main issue though is pure mapping. There's white noise on te edges cause textures are not attached precisely. +the texture is stretched on the barrel. Can't say how to fix it in o2. I recommend usind 3rd party tools like Unwrap 3D for this

Looking good though. Definitelly a good start. Keep it up wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Haven't seen it ingame yet, so all remarks are for the model itself

You have to reduce shining with rvmats. it's easy. edit specular[] array.

You have to apply empty rvmat for alpha parts like zasleh

That's definately not the best idea just generate normal map form diffuse texture. Size is huge and there're too much noise. Learn how to draw it Thus you can achieve mush better effect.

Too bad there're resolution lod missing only first one is there

Round details need some more polies.

The main issue though is pure mapping. There's white noise on te edges cause textures are not attached precisely. +the texture is stretched on the barrel. Can't say how to fix it in o2. I recommend usind 3rd party tools like Unwrap 3D for this

Looking good though. Definitelly a good start. Keep it up

This Flak is not 100% fully tested, i had a long brake making Addons,so there are

missing some Lods ,but if i have time i´spend them some good onces and a better shadowLod.

The funny thing was for me , to create the RVMATS:

Bud all in all it is very good playable.

It's good to see you back JOHN, really looking forward to seeing more ww2 stuff from you.

I wish the guys that are serious about making ww2 stuff could get together...

pistols.gif

It's good to see you back JOHN, really looking forward to seeing more ww2 stuff from you.

I wish the guys that are serious about making ww2 stuff could get together...

pistols.gif

Agreed, this one in particular was a sweet surprise. Even though there is work to be done, I know I'm not the only one that appreciates you having done enough to release it in the state it is in now.

I hope all is well!

Very nice job!

Also dude, your work on your website is amazing, hope to see some WW2 tanks and aircraft in Arma soon.

Also don't be fooled by people asking you to join their WW2 mod, just a word to the wise.

Wow! Not only the model looks great, but it also works well, much better than the Zu23 addon that was relizd not so long ago - this german WW2 AA unit actually does engage air targets no matter what! I suppose it would be possible for the SLA to obtain a few of those weapons, right? Serbs had T-34-85, there are plenty of WW2 stuff in Africa etc., etc.

Thank you very much for this addon!

If only you added a few more LODs...

Perhaps we could have a nice good 88 next, plus mando gun scripts for proper flak

a gun battery of old 88s would be epic.

hey john this is my model from I44, I would atleast to have like to have been asked if you could have released it, because I have a updated model and LODs, next time ASK

hey john this is my model from I44, I would atleast to have like to have been asked if you could have released it, because I have a updated model and LODs, next time ASK

Was this John guy ever part of the I44 team?

If not then that's a pretty shitty thing for him to have done, releasing your addon without asking.

And another failure of proper community work sad_o.gif

@Vex_man

Do you still allow this file being offered as download or would you like mirrors to take it down?

Wow... I'm deleting this from my HD, I don't want to be in possession of an addon that's been plagiarised.

Too bad as I've really been waiting for something like this. sad_o.gif

Oh and how rude. mad_o.gif

Guys calm...down , i was part of the Invasion44 mod--Battle of the Bulk ....and worked hard for that mod .

VEX gave me long time already permission to use his flak-mesh....we used it already for the Market Garden (OFP) ...also and now itis for ARMA , i dont want honor for this work....i tested my new skinn and my (ARMA)skill released it for you all.

AH ps.my Traffic is full i put the DL now down.

Cheers John

Yeah stop ya compaining guys, Its an addon not a crappy reskin, be happy its out. Like he says he already got permission to mod it for ofp, he just modded it for ArmA, i dont see the crime in that. Its not like he is adding it into BF2 or CS or anything, yeah org guys name in the post would of done but you dont need to act like he is the anti-christ or something.

I am not saying he cant use it but I would have at least like to have been asked permission and given credit

The Flak38 was originally done by Vex (so the permission lays with him), and later reworked by John, while Vex had another version that he had reworked himself. At least that's what I concluded, it was confusing keeping them apart for the OFP Phase 1 release as alot of reworks had been done here and there by several people including me (I think even Vixer did some things to it).

A true example of how over-complicated a mod can work wink_o.gif

Yeah stop ya compaining guys, Its an addon not a crappy reskin, be happy its out. Like he says he already got permission to mod it for ofp, he just modded it for ArmA, i dont see the crime in that. Its not like he is adding it into BF2 or CS or anything, yeah org guys name in the post would of done but you dont need to act like he is the anti-christ or something.

Buddy, I will never be happy with an addon that doesn't properly accredit all the people who put work into making it, or is released without the express permission of all of those people.

From what I can see, plagiarism within the OFP and ArmA communities is a very serious thing - and rightly so. So it should be treated seriously, and that's what we're doing.

The guy got permission to use the mesh in OFP, so perhaps he felt that he also had permission to use it in ArmA. I can understand the confusion. But at the very, very least, he should have credited VEX in the readme, because it is still VEX's work. He didn't do that, which seems to me to be quite a shitty thing to do. We're not acting like he's the anti-Christ, we're all just trying to find out the truth of the situation, and making sure he knows that there are rules to follow, and if he willfully breaks those rules, then there are consequences.

In any case, VEX is being a gentleman, and seems to be ok with this addon being distributed, which is great. JOHNsArT, I suggest you put some credits in your first post/readme file.

And also JOHNsArT and VEX, this looks awesome, the modelling and the textures. Thank you for putting the time and effort into this. Good job. =)