Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

RHS T-64 MBT pack v.0.9 ( Preview )

Yeah, it's like this:

-Battle1: one m1a1 v.s. one T64BU - the US tankers celebrate easy & painless victory.

-Battle2: one m1a1 v.s. three T64BU - US tankers scratch their heads in amusement becasue they are alive, and they have scored three clean kills.

-Battle3: the evil God of war puts one m1a1 v.s. 10 !!! T64BU tanks... Outcome: 10 burning Russian tanks, one heavily damaged Abrams. Try to do the same with BIS T72s...

I am glad it's the 0.9 version. But the visula aspect of this addon deserves the highest praise.

Funny thing is in all my tests before with 4 vs 4 battles even the A models often won.

Need to check if there was something changed before release.

Is the AI able to change ammo types depending on the target ? Like HE/FRAG against infantry, AP/HEAT against tank...

As far as I know, the AI fires with the first/default type of ammo which is loaded. Any idea ?

Malick

Eh.. is it me or do they have standard T72 sounds? If I remember correctly RHS tanks in ofp had much better sounds :/

Its only a teaser pack and the final will have better sounds, no worries.

Played a bit arround with this beauty for a while now and it's really nice.

The model itself is great. The textures are (as mentioned in the one or other way) ok for a beta. But a bit more metalic look would be nice.

I don't know if this is caused by my low (to very low) settings, but i don't see any impact with the standart ammonition of the maingun (no dustcloud etc). Heat and Frag do work fine.

And what i really like: There are no entrys in the arma.RPT so far! thumbs-up.gif

Keep it up. Lovely stuff. inlove.gif

MfG Medicus

For some reason the sight is a tiny little circle in the middle with a zoomed out fov.

for some reason, i got that 2, dont know why i got a little sight in the middle of no where, and well the crew when they're pumped out of the turret cant be killed, but well its a really great addons, been waiting for them for ages..

goodwork mate

Can someone fix this?

Well ... it is a beta release, so i think they will fix it ... just wait for the next release/update smile_o.gif

Well thats what the beta is for, gathering bugs.

I noticed the same thing, it will be fixed in V.1.0

Sweet tank addon, thanks. I have been having battles, 4 T64 vs 4 M60 biggrin_o.gif. I am finding that the AI dont seem to be able to hit other tanks very well with apdfs from any range, close or far. Other ordinance they seem fine with.

I did a quick test (range ~500m):

T64 vs Stryker, M113 and similar: 1x HEAT, 1x HE-FRAG, 1x APFSDS

T64 vs M1A1, T72:

1x Cobra/HEAT to disable and eject crew

2x Cobra/HEAT to destroy vehicle

2x HE-Frag to disable and eject crew

3x HE-Frag to destroy vehicle

- with APFSDS is sth wrong projectile? aiming? impact! the ai hit the target only below 50%... huh.gif

- could be very useful if ai knows how to use/fire correct type of gun+ammo (maybe BIS will do but i don't have blue eyes)

- would be nice to see current ammo type

- if you can make more "used-in-combat-look"

It's clearly only a problem with the SABOT rounds, there doesn't appear to be any noticeable difference in the damage dealt by anything ranging from 3BM9 to 3BM46 despite great differences in the hit values they have in the config (all rounds I tested were fired across M1A1's frontal arc at ~500m).

However, HEAT rounds and missiles do have noticeable differences in their effectiveness; with 3BK12 taking about 5 rounds to destroy an Abrams, through to 3BK31 which takes just 2.

Perhaps the SABOTs classes are incorrectly inheriting all their values from lesser rounds such as 3BM9?

By the way, while I was testing all this I also noticed that the displayname of the 3BK12 round (RHS_3BK12_MAG) in the action list is '3BM9 (HEAT)' rather than '3BK12 (HEAT)'. I'm assuming this is a typo in the config?

Kenji uploads me a fixed version, which should be out later today.

Indeed there was a mistake that just showed up in the release version.

Btw, anyone has some knowledge about how to create a patch file?

Some suggestions for the release:

[*] Please use Extended Init Event Handlers by Solus, instead of defining your own init eventhandlers. This only comes good on compatibility smile_o.gif

[*] If you guys like it aswell, it would be cool if you would specify tracer properties to the ammo you guys use, so whenever ppl are using the 6thSense.eu Tracers, they also get tracers smile_o.gif Specifying these tracer properties will not make your addon dependent on the 6th-tracers in any way. It merely makes it possible to have the tracers working WHEN the tracer mod is installed.

[*] If you guys like it aswell, it would be cool if you would specify tracer properties to the ammo you guys use, so whenever ppl are using the 6thSense.eu Tracers, they also get tracers smile_o.gif Specifying these tracer properties will not make your addon dependent on the 6th-tracers in any way. It merely makes it possible to have the tracers working WHEN the tracer mod is installed.

To add to that, I think it would be great to inherit from the BIS ammo. That way any mod features get inherited too, and you don't have to copy entries from mods because they are inherited automatically.

I'm hoping the tank also inherits from the 'tank' or 't72' class, I haven't checked that myself. But if it doesn't, then it's not going to support something I'm working on.

The way you guys do your configs prevents features from mods being applied to your addons. Right now these tanks have no muzzleflash from my mod or any tracers when used with the tracers mod.

Edit: If you need it, I don't mind helping you guys with the configs. But that would have to wait until next week, because I have loads of work to do right now sad_o.gif

Enlighten us on the how to and well gladly include it, or i send you the next update and you can make sure all is like it should be.

If im honest me and Kenji are rather dumb when it comes to scripting and config work tounge2.gif

Enlighten us on the how to and well gladly include it, or i send you the next update and you can make sure all is like it should be.

If im honest me and Kenji are rather dumb when it comes to scripting and config work tounge2.gif

Can't be king in every area smile_o.gif

I and as I see Matt would gladly help out; Peace through superior cooperation and collaboration yay.gif

Or heck, was it firepower? smile_o.gif

One more little gripe - driver doesn't turn out when in safe mode... on my system, anyway.

Loving the good ole HE-Frag rounds, though!

One more little gripe - driver doesn't turn out when in safe mode... on my system, anyway.

Loving the good ole HE-Frag rounds, though!

That is wanted as for some reason we always had ctds as long as we dont add some driver interiour.

Final will come with internal view and driver turnout.

About BV Variant, yes its planned and already modelled afaik.

Srry for this offtop, but I just want to say that I felt very... err... excited & sentimental after reading the lines about Codemasters & Operation Flashpoint in the pdf readme of the T64 addon... It brings back so many happy memories...  thumbs-up.gif

There's nothing about ArmA too, so if my PC blows up, should I blame someone from RHS? You know, that disclaimer part is just as important as the credits wink_o.gif so I am really concerned - will you change it??

& what's the point of making interiors for tanks? I really don't get it - when BIS decided not to add interiors for tanks I was pleased 'casue in the good old OFP days many addonmakers had a very hard time making interiors, and that was one the main reasons why many good addons were never relizd...

Great tanks. Having loads of fun playing in them aswell as blowning them up wink_o.gif As for tracer effects adding,

SIX_tracerEnable = 1;

SIX_tracerColor = "G";

SIX_tracerPer = 1;

SIX_tracerSize = "Big";

SIX_tracerLife = 2;

in each of your shells will enable 6th Tracers for those that use it and won't do anything for anyone else. As for the MG on my machine it seems to already be picked up by the 6th tracers. Ah cause you use B_127x107_B as the ammo for NSV smile_o.gif

Sorry this is more a question for Maddmatt but why won't your Fx be working on these tanks? Does your fx go off type of cannon ie D81 or M256 and not Class CannonCore? If so all they would have to do is Define their main gun off the D81 Class? Oh well sure someone can helpthem with this, no real biggie

Well all the best and I can't wait to see what you do with the T-80 smile_o.gif