Sign in to follow this  
Benze

I have tourettes

I don't appreciate people laughing at a serious disorder that I have. Living with it is hell on earth 10 times over.

By the way, tourettes is not swearing over and over, that is a different disorder. The public often mixes them up.

I have to live every day twitching my nose and rolling my eyes once every five seconds or so. Oh yes, it's really great, it's fantastic. Thanks a lot, I feel better now. Everybody should have it in fact, it's the best. I wake up everyday twitching my nose and rolling my eyes and think how lucky I am to have this bestowed upon me.

mad.gif

i think its very honest of u to say such a thing, and indeed its not to be laughed at its a disability like any other disablility

and those who mock or laugh are the ones that have a real disability mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rogue2020 @ Feb. 24 2002,20:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LMAO well I have my own problems to worry about.....<span id='postcolor'>

It's not nice to say something like that mad.gif

indeed its not and he shall not be saying nothing like that again for some time mad.gif

well.. if he is in fact telling the truth that he does have it. that sucks

By the way, tourettes is not swearing over and over, that is a different disorder

Tourette syndrome (TS) is an inherited, neurological disorder characterized by repeated involuntary movements and uncontrollable vocal (phonic) sounds called tics. In a few cases, such tics can include inappropriate words and phrases.

so yes it can involve swearing.. barking... lots of things.. just because YOU dont (if you indeed are telling the truith)  doesent mean that the disease doesent have it..

Have their been any mocking u about this, if their hasn't been any why are u then telling us, it's then total irrelavent confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

Swearing over and over is called coprolalia...less than 15% of people with tourettes have it, but the media hangs on to it for sensational value.

I am telling the truth about myself. I don't know where one would think I would be lying about this.

no no one has mocked hiim personally but for someone to come out with a smartass comment and thinking that having the disease would be cool and funny etc then there as well mocking him just as bad in my book

so.. the thread was closed.. nobody thought it was funny.. so waht benze.. ya want a pat on the back now?? whats the deal..

my suggestion is that whoever wrote the original post SINCERELY apologize for that childish post.

Wobble, they go through a lot of daily stress due to it. of course you are right that some do swear, as pointed out as 15%, but that means 85% doesn't.

you should see that 'swearing' is not the whole picture of the syndrome.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Feb. 24 2002,19:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">so.. the thread was closed.. nobody thought it was funny..  so waht benze.. ya want a pat on the back now?? whats the deal..<span id='postcolor'>

lol wobble please ffs...

U act like a father telling his 5y old son to stop whining because he's born blind. Personally, I think it's hard to live with such a disadvantage. So a little more respect would be gladly appriciated.

people live with bad shit.. it happens.. My mom and stepfather are both dead from cancer but I dont come on here flipping out every time someone makes an offhand remark about the disease.. if someone makes fun of a disease you have .. sure give em hell.. but dont come out with the "ohh look at me, I have a disability pity me!" attitude... nobody took a poke at benze, nobody knew.. it was a dumb comment, nobody though it was funny and it was promptly closed because it was rude.. end of story.. nobody needs a purple heart for it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Feb. 24 2002,23:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">people live with bad shit.. it happens..  My mom and stepfather are both dead from cancer but I dont come on here flipping out every time someone makes an offhand remark about the disease..  if someone makes fun of a disease you have .. sure give em hell.. but dont come out with the "ohh look at me, I have a disability pity me!" attitude...   nobody took a poke at benze, nobody knew.. it was a dumb comment, nobody though it was funny and it was promptly closed because it was rude.. end of story.. nobody needs a purple heart for it.<span id='postcolor'>

Okay.. But hey, its great u live your life on etc etc cuz it tells something about the way u handle though things in life, but u should be a little nicer to the people that don't..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Feb. 24 2002,23:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">people live with bad shit.. it happens..  My mom and stepfather are both dead from cancer but I dont come on here flipping out every time someone makes an offhand remark about the disease..  if someone makes fun of a disease you have .. sure give em hell.. but dont come out with the "ohh look at me, I have a disability pity me!" attitude...   nobody took a poke at benze, nobody knew.. it was a dumb comment, nobody though it was funny and it was promptly closed because it was rude.. end of story.. nobody needs a purple heart for it.<span id='postcolor'>

but what you did was taunting the guy. you might be a macho, but that doesn't mean you are the best.

Don't worry about it anymore, he apologized. Takes a strong person to do that. smile.gif

I was not posting this for a "pat on the back," I posting this to express my anger over a post that I thought was mocking a serious illness, one that I have. I never asked for your pity, nor do I need it.

i agree with wobble,.......every1 has problems,if everytime sum1 took the mick out of something i have a problem with and i reacted like you then id be in the shit big time. well done your living with a RECOGNISIED disability,,,here have a packet of crisps

I wonder, do people think its cool to be disrespectful and act like total fucktards?

The guy got offended, he had every right in that to. I to would have gotten offended. Nothing odd about that.

What IS odd however are people dissing him for it.

Gee, this is a really nasty thread. Usually I don't like participating on these but maybe I can lighten up the atmosphere for everybody by asking just one question:

Has anyone noticed that Wobble curses 95% of the time? wow.giftounge.gifbiggrin.gifsmile.gif