Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

Lost Brothers IDF Paratrooper Beta

Miles Teg, what about reading posts in your threads? Read this! Next time it'll be more than this warning! Please do not write thread titles in all caps!

Nightkiller[orcs], please respect the 100kb rule: Do not hotlink pics > 100kb!

@ Oct. 26 2007,13:22)]In game smile_o.gif

where did you get that m4 with eotech?

Miles Teg, what about reading posts in your threads? Read this! Next time it'll be more than this warning! Please do not write thread titles in all caps!

As far as I'm aware, nowhere in the rules does it say anything about not posting thread titles in all caps. It only says not to post all caps IN threads. It has never been a problem in all the years that I've been posting over on the OFP section of the forums.  However if it bothers you that much I won't do that anymore here in the ArmA section.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Nightkiller[orcs], those retextures are awesome.  One small thing though... on the body armor underneath the ephod (ammo/equipment carrying vest), that shouldn't be woodland cammoflage (even if our original textures looked a bit like cammo in that section or maybe may have originally been woodland camoflage).  That section should just be olive green.  However the arms, legs, and boots look amazing!!!!  Let us know if you want us to use your work and if so, we'll make sure to credit you for your work.    

Thanks!  

Also anyone who wants to use the models to modify for some other type of infantry addon for another country is welcome to along as they credit our mod team members for the parts of our addon that they used.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

As far as I'm aware, nowhere in the rules does it say anything about not posting thread titles in all caps. It only says not to post all caps IN threads. It has never been a problem in all the years that I've been posting over on the OFP section of the forums. However if it bothers you that much I won't do that anymore here in the ArmA section.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Thanks. smile_o.gif

That retex looks awesome Nightkiller smile_o.gif

I hope you two can get together and try to release those soldiers!

Indeed, some real good looking textures, been thinking of giving the original textures a try aswell but seeing the good job Nightkiller did on them i think that isnt needed smile_o.gif

Nightkiller[orcs],

Great Re-tex thumbs-up.gif Now, where did you get the m4 with the eotech?

Wow...yeah those retextures are perfect!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hey wink_o.gif

-Sorry for my english (i'm french) but i would like to join you for create this mod , i work on Iranian Forces , i made a KLS (Simple version , Grenade launcher version and grenade launcher + optic version)

you can see here , the simple version http://youribergoug.free.fr/moddageArma/KL-7.62.jpg KLS 7.62

my MSN is DanaoPolice(at)hotmail.fr

i hope that , we will can colaborate wink_o.gif

We actually have a Iranian pack (made in collaboration with Bucketman and the IM:UC mod) for Operation Flashpoint that perhaps you can get some ideas from.  

We have an EE-9 armored car for example that could be converted.

For weapons we have in OFP the MG-3 (main MG for the Iranian military) and the G-3 rifles both made by Iran.  Iran also made their own MP-5 sub-machineguns. As far as I know, after the revolution they made those weapons unlicensed from Heckler & Koch.   At any rate, Iranian units should have a mixture of weapons with some units having mostly Ak's and PKM's, while others having G-3 rifles and MG-3 machine guns.  Commando units and police units are likely to be equipped with MP-5 SMG's as well as other weapons.

Revolutionary Guard units for example have their choice of weapons depending on the mission. This includes .50 cal sniper rifles, M-16A2 rifles (copies made in Iran) G-3's, MG-3's, Ak's, PKM's, RPDs, RPK's, etc...

Thats not to mention the RPG-7 and the Iranian made RPG-7VR (tandem warhead) AT rockets. They also make the Ra'ad-T tandem warhead version of the AT-3 Sagger (which we have in our mod in OFP).

However, even better would be converting our OFP Hezbollah forces into ArmA.  

At any rate, at the moment we need also ALOT of help converting all of our IDF vehicles from OFP to ArmA.

Just tell us what area you would like to work on and we will try to assist you on that.

I'm on MSN at miles_teg@hotmail.com

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

@ Oct. 31 2007,13:38)]Ok,some specops-Saeret Duvdevan goodnight.gifpistols.gif      

Looking great Nightkiller! So, will their be a bigger pack with several types of infantry or just Paratrooper and Sayeret Duvdevan? smile_o.gif

well nice work man, but the thing is, i couldnt find them in anywhere, i just found under the west side, TEST, including severla US soldiers with diff M4 types..

if ther's anyone who can help ill be thankfull smile_o.gif regards

You should see a category called IDF paratroopers. Are you sure you installed all of the pbo's in the RAR file? It sounds like you only installed the Taav21.pbo and not the LoBo_AAUnits.pbo file. Both of those files are in the RAR file.

If you have the LoBo_AAUnits.pbo file in your addons directory (or mod folder/addons directory), then you should see the section for IDF_Paratroopers under the West or BLUFOR side.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

@ Oct. 31 2007,13:38)]Ok,some specops-Saeret Duvdevan goodnight.gifpistols.gif      

Looking great Nightkiller! So, will their be a bigger pack with several types of infantry or just Paratrooper and Sayeret Duvdevan? smile_o.gif

Well I'm hoping he'll send us (LoBo Mod team) the new models/textures when he's done.  We'd rather not have seperate IDF addons based on the very same models that we are using.  We have not authorized our models to be used for making new IDF for other mods as it would cause redundency. This is because if we're not allowed to make them an official part of the LoBo mod, we would be forced to find another texture artist to basically make the same type textures on the same models.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

well yea am sure that ive installed all the pbo's. and thats the strange thing, i didnt find The IDF paratroopers things, i found Test Soldiers, anyway ill try again, thanx for replying

regards and nice addon smile_o.gif

Vary nice addon yes, been playing Lost Brothers Mod since its been on OFP love it keep up the good work lovely units cant wait till the mod is out biggrin_o.gif

For ArmA what we're probably going to do is to release either individual addons or very small addon packs (like tank packs, aircraft packs, helicopter packs, etc...) later on.

So don't worry stuff will keep flowing for ArmA.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>