Sign in to follow this  
gT.SWAT-guy

IMWM

This is just a question, but why does everone want to model the 3rd Infantry Division? Tons of other units accomplished as much or more and they weren't the onle ones who suffered from teh dreaded extensions of OIF 1, either.So what is it?

Note; I am horribly drunk right now.

*edit*

why dont we all foncus on who is really important? And that is paratroopers. Airborne all the way.

03 to 06 infantry, you say. I wouldn't mind seeing your ACU'd models, if you could drag up a pic or two?

Are u planning on making your own Islands (sorry if you said this before i might of missed it wink_o.gif) oh yea and to Cam Mac im so gonna use your Your Paras for this biggrin_o.gif

I just hope peoples will make missions a bit less one sided than:

"Lets beat the shit of the Irak insurgents!"

Most people and kids are uninterested in real history - they think black & white. It's a lot easier for them to pistols.gif without thinking about.

Any further news on IMWM?

We should have a release date 6 months from now banghead.gif

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

*hangs myself*

Make missions about beheading young Marines maybe?

icon_rolleyes.gif

But a question about the mod (looking great btw) which class of fighter are you making here? There are two very different type of fighters in Iraq (regardless what nation state they arrived from)

Guerillas and Martyrs

Their purpose is to kill as many Marines as quickly as possible and then evade. They DO NOT want to die. Dying is an acceptable risk to the Guerillas, but their intention is to live and fight another day. The tactics used are pretty much classic Guerilla warfare. The Guerillas will engage Marines only on terrain of their choosing when they have tactical advantage. After contact is made the Guerillas will disengage and evade.

Their evasion route normally is out of sight of Marine overwatch positions.

Martyrs' purpose is to kill as many Marines as possible before they are killed. Time does not have any significance. The Martyrs want to die by the hands of Marines. The final outcome of their actions results in dead Marines as well as their death.

Their tactics directly reflect their purpose. The Martyrs will make fortified fighting positions in houses and wait. Marines will come, they will fight, and they will die in place.

I pasted the relevant parts, but anyone can use google, even you it seems. =p

Given the AI's moments of sheer silliness, the AI will turn these into martyr type combatants, since the AI will fight to the death.

Make missions about beheading young Marines maybe?

Is that a difference from young marines wanting to blow the heads off the insurgents?

There are always two perspectives, and tbh, in this case, neither one are humanitarian.

Think it's best if I bow out of this thread, my reply wouldn't be welcomed.

I'll PM the addon team/creator with any further questions I may have.

it's just that in the current iraki conflict i don't think there is a "good" side, so i guess playing one side or the other would be fair game

The US is the good side.

you gotta be kidding smile_o.gif

Invaders are never the good side.

The US is the good side.

WWII Allies hello what? lol  tounge2.gif True but I was just kidding

Think of it this way, this will help balance the plethora of ArmA Jihad against US Forces videos that are plastering YoutTube (Anti-Jihad videos coming soon my brothers)...when the mod is released of course.

rofl.gif

With an Iraq mod, if you want to do justice to the realism of ArmA you should really have a crack at dealing with the political realism of the situation on the ground, regarding the factions and such.

By this I mean the forces should really stack up as follows:

Blue:

US Military.

Iraqi Military/Police.

Independent:

Mercenaries

Local secular militias

Criminals

Opfor:

Imported Islamist insurgents

Turkish special forces

Iranian special forces

Sunni/Shia extremists

It's worth bearing in mind the brunt of the fighting, or at least the dying, in Iraq is being done by the Iraqi army and police and any mod that seeks to accurately reflect the conflict should take that into account. It should also take into account the cheeky sods nipping over the border from Iran and Turkey, the barking mad Jihadi tourists from all over the globe and the huge army of mercenaries involved on both sides.

The US is the good side.

WWII Allies hello what? lol  tounge2.gif True but I was just kidding

Think of it this way, this will help balance the plethora of ArmA Jihad against US Forces videos that are plastering YoutTube (Anti-Insugent Videos coming soon brothers)...when the mod is released of course.

rofl.gif

Lmao! rofl.gif

I might even attempt to make a few of those.

It seems when you search ArmA on youtube, a horde of Insuregnt promo videos come up! crazy_o.gif

When it comes to the middle east, the US is the good side.

Dont wave your jihad at me son.

history repeat itself smile_o.gif

We aren't exactly blowing up civvies because we think it will bring us closer to God though, eh?

you are confusing Irak and Terrorism, and invading a country by force is never right.

you are confusing Irak and Terrorism, and invading a country by force is never right.

I don't mean to heap on your parade but you're mentioning Iraq in an insurgent thread. There was this one small pitstop before Iraq, called Afghanistan.

pistols.gif

While I don't completely agree with how things were done, I think it was necessary to get rid of Saddam Hussein. You can't let people like that have power.

Anyway since I'm not American or involved in this situation at all, I can enjoy playing on either side biggrin_o.gif

Blowing up Americans, blowing up insurgents. It's all fun in a game smile_o.gif