Hello all

My PC

Win Vista 64-bit + sp1 and all updates

Phenom 9950 BE @3GHz (overclocked)

ATI 4870x2 + Drivers = CCC 9.4

4GB - 2 x 2GB DDR2 - PC2-8500 C5 @1066MHz 5.5.5.15.22.2T

SB X-Fi em soundcard - SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0008

500GB sataII hdd

I followed the advice from the original post and it works ok, infact i get slightly better frame rates in vista 64-bit compared to xp 32-bit. I can get the game to start up and play using the shortcut, but i use kegetys ArmA Launcher most of the time because of the mods. I have experienced several bsod's unfortunatley, and i'm not quite sure why?. But i seem to have smoother game with vista x64.

ArmA-505 games, 1.16beta, vsync off in ccc 9.4.

arma1u.jpg

arma116beta2.jpg

arma116betakegetys.jpg

arma2.jpg

arma4.jpg

Edited by =war cloud=

Um Hi, i just got ArmA off steam, and already have problems

1: Black loading screen for bout 3 1/2 min

2 When menu comes up, its half black, half white with black boxes for menu options

Any help?

Specs:

AMD Phenom 9750 Quad Core

Nvidia 9500 GS

64 bit Vista

DX10

PS: Sorry if this is already up, i just dont see it

o

Um Hi, i just got ArmA off steam, and already have problems

1: Black loading screen for bout 3 1/2 min

2 When menu comes up, its half black, half white with black boxes for menu options

Any help?

Specs:

AMD Phenom 9750 Quad Core

Nvidia 9500 GS

64 bit Vista

DX10

PS: Sorry if this is already up, i just dont see it

Have you tried the latest 1.16 beta patch?

EDIT: Woops. Just saw your card. Removed the first question.

Yea, steam's not a good place to get games which dont work...no file locations to speak of, and it wont update it, so its kindof a POS

I'm a 4GB RAM(=~3.25Gb), Vista 8800 GTX user and suffer from lock ups in menus and editor. In game is fine, but I can forget about using the editor or woe on me if I spend to long tinkering with my key configuration. I am seriously considering adding an XP dual instal to see if it works better, but seeing as how many other vista users in this thread don't seem to have these problems and ArmA2 release is in sight it seems a bit much.

I'm a 4GB RAM(=~3.25Gb), Vista 8800 GTX user and suffer from lock ups in menus and editor. In game is fine, but I can forget about using the editor or woe on me if I spend to long tinkering with my key configuration. ....
Seems some drivers are better for the editor than others...

Hope you guys are ready for this biggin.. I play the game and the models it seems comes up, but its all laggy, no color[or texture..] and the game start screen buttons like campaign mode and stuffs dont show, their just black squares. This is my first time playing the game so eh.. Here's a screeny.

buggyglitcharma.jpg

Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT. 4 GB Ram. 512 video memory i think. 64-bit Vista Service Pack 1. AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor +6000 3.10 GHz. I really want to play this game, :(

I have the same symptoms as Kleer - long initial loading time, then a bugged main menu. I'm on Vista 64, 8 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 260. I'm using the most recent drivers, and ArmA is patched to 1.16 with the beta patch.

The funny thing is that everything was working fine until a few days ago. The only change to my computer since then was installing Flight Simulator X, which really shouldn't break ArmA. I suspected corrupted files and un-installed ArmA (and deleted my profile), but re-installing didn't help.

Any ideas?

Edit:

Installing an older NVidia driver, 181.22 in my case, has fixed the problem.

Edited by karstux

Hiyas,

I'm eagerly awaiting ArmA 2's release here in North America (pre-ordered on Steam). I never got around to playing the first ArmA, so I figured I'd check out the demo to help pass the time and familiarize myself a bit with the series. My main menu looks identical to the screenshot Kleer posted.

The -windowed switch doesn't work, and I don't believe the -maxmem=512 switch works either. This is probably because I'm running the demo, which is using a very early version of the game (1.06 I believe?) I downloaded it from Gamershell.

I forced my max RAM to 3072 in msconfig but that didn't help.

I've also tried running in compatibility mode for XP, and I have UAC off.

I also created a profile for the demo's exe in my nVidia control panel, and changed all my settings to 'application controlled', although not all of the settings have this option. Maybe some of the settings that don't have that option are causing the problem.

Here's my specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16GHz

GTX 260 Core 216 896MB

8 gigs of DDR2

Vista 64

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R

Is there a more recent version of the demo anywhere? Any help would be appreciated.

Hey guys, you have to be sure to run the game from the beta shortcut that's labelled as the Beta version. You can find it in the ArmA root directory in your Program Files folder if it's not in the start menu. Otherwise it will NOT run. Hope this helps my fellow Vista/Win7 users!

Hi,

Im using Windows Vista 64bit. I can run game with 1.16 patch, but my game keeps lagging in the menu, like i click editor button and it freezes for 3-5sek, and the worst, sometimes it makes my game crash.

I cant change my controls because i always crash because of that problem.

Spec:

Ati Radeon hd4870 x2 (Have tryed to use Nvidia non double videocard)

Intel Core Quad 2,53 GHz

4GB Ram (have tryed to use 3GB Ram but still same problem)

I have tryed to use XP and it worked fine but not with Vista.

Hey all, I just got a copy of ARMA and I was attempting to install it when I got an IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_ERROR and a BSOD.

I don't know if the issue is related to vista specifically or if it may be due to a conflict w/ antivirus (Norton 360 2009 3.0) or something else.

Here are the specs of the machine that I am installing the game on.

AMD Phenom Quad-Core 1.8GHz

Windows Vista Home Premium x64

7GB RAM

ATI Radeon HD 3200 Integrated video card.

Any help on the matter would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

- chriscjamison

Hope you guys are ready for this biggin.. I play the game and the models it seems comes up, but its all laggy, no color[or texture..] and the game start screen buttons like campaign mode and stuffs dont show, their just black squares. This is my first time playing the game so eh.. Here's a screeny.

buggyglitcharma.jpg

Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT. 4 GB Ram. 512 video memory i think. 64-bit Vista Service Pack 1. AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor +6000 3.10 GHz. I really want to play this game, :(

That is the exact issue I have.

I am running the demo and have already ordered the Arma Gold pack from Amazon.

But there is no joy for me.

system is a Quad Q8200 CPU

8GB DDR2

GeForce GT120 with 1GB

Vista Premium Home x64 SP1 ( Currently downloading SP2 update)

I am a member of a FPS squad and was looking to convince the group to migrate to this and we're leaning towards ArmA 1 because the assumptiion was older hardware would play it better thus allowing more members to enjoy it. But....

I am worried that it may not be so.

I realize there are almost thirty pages in this thread and appreciate anyone who speaks retard and can communicate directly to me at my level. :)

*Well I received the full version of Gold in the mail today and no joy still.

Edited by Engage

i have that problem with a black screen on start up, i bought the game on steam this summer and i had an older pc that it runned on good, then last week end i got a new pc (specs bellow) and im having that problem, ive tried that thing where you disable some memory and it fucked over my pc.

ive tired 3 patched and nothing

my specs are

vista 64

intel core 2 Q8200

6gb ddr3

ati hd 4350 512mb

640 hard drive

any help? or enough info?

Graphics Problem as it seems:

What could be the cause and solution to when you start the menu and its all fuzzy and the letters are all messed up?

AIT HD4890

Vista 64bit

Newest ATI driver 9.9

i have that problem with a black screen on start up, i bought the game on steam this summer and i had an older pc that it runned on good, then last week end i got a new pc (specs bellow) and im having that problem, ive tried that thing where you disable some memory and it fucked over my pc.

ive tired 3 patched and nothing

my specs are

vista 64

intel core 2 Q8200

6gb ddr3

ati hd 4350 512mb

640 hard drive

any help? or enough info?

Same specs, same problem.

hi

i had a buddy with the same issue, and he figure it out, what he had to do is increase his memory usage, and im assuming thats either, graphics card, or ramm, not sure. heres a topic that covers all vista and does covers the black screen issue:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Troubleshooting_Vista#64-bit_Windows_with_4GB_RAM.2C_black_loading_screen

hope that helps

I just bought it, tried to install and this is what I get...

File cope error (CRC does not match).

C:\Program files\Atari\ArmA\AddOns\Anims.pbo

I don't suppose I will get any help :confused:

I've tried searching and searching and reading through 100's of threads full of issues for this game and haven't seen my problem yet. I am pissed I bought this, I have learned now to check forums for problems with games before I buy. :mad:

Toshiba year 2007 Satelite Laptop L305 S5907

Intel pentium dual T3200 2Ghz

4Gb Ram

Vista 64

Iraq deployment year 2

Make sure you are playing the original version and not some pirated one. BI made the pirated one buggy as hell. You won't get any help if you support piracy.

@Mantis dude - sounds like a dodgy physical DVD disk, try re-installing or maybe lowering your overclock when you re-install first, then if you get same error go to store and get the DVD replaced as defective.

Anyone else having issues with ATI crossfire or X2 cards, you may not have seen older threads about crossfire setups - so posting a reminder here - rename the arma.exe file inside the beta folder to FEAR.exe instead (due to ATI's driver corossfire support the FEAR.exe is the closest match to a good profile for ArmA 1, and works great). And use the beta shortcut to launch the game!

Edited by ArMoGaDoN

Hello fellow soldiers! General Shaffer here, a new member to the ArmA forums, and, like most new members, I have a question. I was a good little poster and searched around beforehand, but I didn't find an answer to my specific problems, so, here goes.

I am on a craptop which, obviously, cannot be upgraded, so maybe my solution is simply to get a new computer--anyway, when I'm playing ArmA, framerates are fine, gameplay is good--until I go into the multiplayer tab. Not even into a game yet, just trying to find/host one...and my framerate becomes something that a slideshow could outrace. I have no idea what's going on at all; the game doesn't crash, just slows to a CRAWL.

System Specs: Toshiba Satellite L355-S7905, Vista Home Basic

3GB RAM

120 GB HDD

Single-core, 2.16 GHz CPU (don't remember the exact make)

Intel 128 MB Cantiga integrated craphics card...<_<

Thanks in advance for any help you might offer! ^_^