Sign in to follow this  
luemmel

Information from Digitex!

I left cz with 3 years, so i don't understand alot, so pls bare in mind neither CZ nor US is my common language, so i really meight miss important stuff or translate it wrong, feel free to correct me. here's what i think understood so far...

- you can comand around 100 ai and send them to 1 target

- better shader for dynamik lightning (Shader 3.0)

- dynamic shadows, really real light

- shooting with every weapon out of vehicles (not sure here)

- better swimming, twice as much soldier movements (not sure)

than they talk alot about the advantages of DX10 and Shader 3.0 i guess, thinks like photorealistic texture, bump maping and how good it looks.

4 campaigns

- 1 linear (i guess they mean straight)

- 1 free (RPG?)

- 1 total free (take a side and go to war)

- 1 Multyplayer campaign (a dream comes true here)

Than somethink about importing the 3D VBS Editor and demolitation of houses with and without interior, they got 1 house working so far.

The nice view's on Chernarus, falling leaves in the forest, railway for trains with some trains but only for war feeling (not working).

The author says the he can see the better AI handling cover and comunication in towns and on the field.

About 10 GB files (several DVD disks) for ARMA 2

Converting for XBOX360 with autoaim till 12/2008.

and on the 3th interview i see following:

no dynamik destruction model like wished but somethink similar like shot a hole in a house and enter it, also possible for AI's. AI is gonna hide behind walls, pillows, trashcans, autos with surpressing fire and granates while flanking you somehow. animation for entering and leaving vehicles. numeric position in vehicles can be chosen by assigning ai to a vehicle like gunner instead of driver (without the menu 4 - 2 - 4), no animal (cow) hunting just a bunny because its possible to stream it in and let it disapear.

not only fight mission in the campaign, there are also missions like going to dring a beer after the shift, tee cooking with friends, going to search somethink for someone etc.

here i accidently deleted this text, gave up, but i could retrieve it with Mozilla crazy_o.gif

- DX10

- the grass is fat and low for better view, just better

- fog looks more real

- shadows, i did't understand that, so far the same as ARMA 1

- better smoke fx

- better forest texture with fog on the ground etc.

- beautiful object reflection if "ODLESKY" means reflection, dunno

- Viewdistance stays the same as ARMA 1 as there isn't even a cpu to handle this.

and more which i could'nt understand

source:

http://vision.sfera-software.net/?pg=267

http://saigos.blog.cz/0710/valka-dostane-nove-jmeno-arma-2

http://hry.dobryweblog.cz/136/arma-ii-preview/

Quote[/b] ]- Viewdistance stays the same as ARMA 1 as there isn't even a cpu to handle this.

Uhh didn't they say 15 000 m in one transcription of something from the game convention in Leipzig? Also, 15 000 m view distance is already possible in the current engine, all you have to do is override with SetViewDistance XXXXX. I don't understand why they can't up the VD, surely with all the fancy yada yada hardware/software crap that's coming this'll be feasible?

Good find!

- I see handsignals, a T90, XM8s, Hinds, and somewhat decent use of cover (?) so far. That last video is a good one to check out.

The AI still seems hardcore clunky though, I guess. They just don't seem to... interact with the environment all that well, from what I see (which is, of course, just like ArmA at present, but heck, early WIP, I suppose).

Still very early days to see much improvement, i like the forests of chernarus.

You can see a guy reload on the move in this vid.

I guess SM 3.0 support for Arma is not going to happen.

edit:

guerilla @ Oct. 26 2007,04:06)]

4 campaigns

- 1 linear (i guess they mean straight)

- 1 free (RPG?)

- 1 total free (take a side and go to war)

- 1 Multyplayer campaign (a dream comes true here)

Dont like this, im all for a SP campaign and a MP version but i'd rather have them focus on these 2 for better quality.

In other words: No more Rahmadi conflicts or armory...

Quote[/b] ]DirectX10

Hmm, does that mean ArmA2 is a DirectX10/Vista-only game, or just that DirectX10 is supported along with DX9 ?

Shader Model 3.0 is in ArmA 2 if I read it correctly, HeatSeeker.

If the AI can take cover, be suppressed, pathfind well then I'll be happy. In addition, if there are options to add more detail textures, longer distance of shadows (looked good in the vid) and good-looking distance shots (ie perhaps grass appears if you zoom in on a distant area) then I'd be ecstatic.

EDIT: Also It'd be great if there were advanced options players could change themselves like grass viewdistance and how far away shadows are drawn. Would be great for screenshots and as hardware improves, we can enable more options smile_o.gif

Still, I'd prefer changes on the gameplay side over graphics.

I think, DX9 will be in ArmA II, becouse the game will be too on 360 and 360 support only DX9. smile_o.gif All seems to be good. The best thing, for me is, that you can at least destroy the house with the hole in the wall. yay.gif Good work, BIS. I'll buy a version for 360. biggrin_o.gif

Shader Model 3.0 is in ArmA 2 if I read it correctly, HeatSeeker.

Yes, but an official coment made me think they were going to include SM 3.0 in Arma I (for compatible graphics cards) in 1.09..

ARMAII will support only SM 3.0 or higher, (SM 2.0 GC will not be supported). DX9 and DX10 will be both supported.

Well the destruction is indeed much better, also in the second video when the driver hops onto the abrams tank to get into the driver seat is MUCH better then the current.

The grass is much much better, nice to see it but at a grassy height and not enough to overlap the view, it also seems denser and runs better.. Another thing but I cannot confirm is that the HDR indeed has been fixed, now this is difficult to tell because the camera transitions of the recording device not so much the game.

Liking what I see so far.

It's still too early to worry about sounds and whatnot imo, three days is kind of short and its still quite early.

I was wondering when the T-90 would make its appearence after having seen it in the early screenshots waaaay back when and in a video, and though difficult to see, the Mi-24's interior looks great, terrain seems to have all around been improved and forests..well, not much I can comment on that other then holy crap friggen beautiful, the variety really distinguishes it. Also I like the little fan on the hind co-pilot's cockpit biggrin_o.gif

ARMAII will support only SM 3.0 or higher, (SM 2.0 GC will not be supported). DX9 and DX10 will be both supported.

Thanks for this additional information.

Things which are bad for me in this movies:

- Still no Ragdoll in the Game. This aspect is still not improved since ArmA. I hope only they do this. This game without Ragdoll icon_rolleyes.gif

- Still too many things from ArmA. The cites of Chernarus are still not more improved since ArmA. The Abrams too, the old design of this Tank, which we have seen in ArmA. I can only hope, when this game come out, will be not more of such things.

- The animation of getting in to Abrams is still bad. It looks better, but still looks it not realistic. This must be improve.

Things which are good for me in this movies:

- New vehicels like T-90 or Hind.

- Game physic. It looks much better since ArmA, but of course I now, you can't do much in this aspect in such games like ArmA II, but you can do it still better. Positive is that it seems like in old videos from Game 2. I can believe now that ArmA II is in this aspect "truly" Game 2.

More important things I can't find in this movies. Well, still no information about version for 360 confused_o.gif

Forests looks amazing. (noone cares ah well.)

Yes it looks like Arma cos its build on the same engine, updated though. What were you expecting?! icon_rolleyes.gif

ArmaII will rule.

some improvements I didn't see mentioned here:

- improved lighting (the sun is not only source of light anymore > reflection)

- better optimalization of vegetation (about 30% faster)

- improved AI navigation accuracy (from 2m in ArmA to 30cm in ArmA II) so now AI can take a cover behind the corners, dustbins, can drive on the right side of the road, etc.)

- get in/get out animation for each position in the vehicle

- possibility to play for 4 characters and another 10 when one of the main characters die

Forests looks amazing. (noone cares ah well.)

Yes it looks like Arma cos its build on the same engine, updated though. What were you expecting?! icon_rolleyes.gif

ArmaII will rule.

I expected many new Buldings, new design of cites and much more realistic design of the Abrams. So much can I expecting. It's a new game, not the update for ArmA, well many things should be complet different from ArmA. But, I think before release this game would be complet different. We will see, but I am expecting many, becuse it's Game 2. The forrest looks for me too amazing. Like on Everon, the forrest is like in OFP, so beatiful inlove.gif