Sign in to follow this  
Fox86

---> ArmA4Masses Event Oct. 28th 2007 !!!!!&#3

Is there a spectator mode in the mission? Does it have grass on?

If the grass is on can we be cows and eat it?

Q: Is there going to be any recording of the event?

awesome! Though anyone know in what time that is in GMT +1 ?

Would be cool to participate smile_o.gif

Yes 8pm CET is 7pm GMT.

There will be no spectator mode (would be stupid if dead players can report their teammates the enemy position inside Bagango.)

We will play until last man is falling, when there is enough time will will play several rounds until 10pm or 11pm CET.

BTW. This will be an infiltration mission, with teams lead by commanders, not a "lets make a fast rush and kill everything" mission wink_o.gif

I was quite surprised to see that you organized the event for 20 ppl only and called it Arma 4 "Masses"  crazy_o.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif

I was quite surprised to see that you organized the event for 20 ppl only and called it Arma 4 "Masses" crazy_o.gificon_rolleyes.gif

lmfao that's so true!!

Yes 8pm CET is 7pm GMT.

There will be no spectator mode (would be stupid if dead players can report their teammates the enemy position inside Bagango.)

We will play until last man is falling, when there is enough time will will play several rounds until 10pm or 11pm CET.

BTW. This will be an infiltration mission, with teams lead by commanders, not a "lets make a fast rush and kill everything" mission wink_o.gif

So how do dead players spend their time waiting for the game to end? You can make a spectator script where you can only look through your friends' eyes.

And does your mission have grass on? It's important because my PC simply can't take a grassy North Sahrani.

20 players? Or do they mean only 20 that can be in the Ts server, imo i can live without Ts smile_o.gif

as long as i stay off typing when flying choppers biggrin_o.gif

The missions will have 20 slots. This is our first event on our new server, so we will start carefully. If we can handle it on the next event, we will boost the slotnumber up to 60 or more.

@Celery: I will think about a spectator script.

Gras is on, but viewdistance is limited to 600m.

Gras is on, but viewdistance is limited to 600m.

View distance does very little to performance, grass drops fps by some 20-30 and on slower machines it's like watching an anime show. You can count me out for now.

Will you protect the server from cheats?

I hate playing with cheaters!

You should include a view distance script on your maps so a player can set the distance to suit his own PC. 600mt is way to short for me, I usually ramp it up to 3k on maps thats allow the distance change. For me its a resonable distance which still gives decent performance.

You should include a view distance script on your maps so a player can set the distance to suit his own PC. 600mt is way to short for me, I usually ramp it up to 3k on maps thats allow the distance change. For me its a resonable distance which still gives decent performance.

if its PvP the 600m is for everyone. wink_o.gif

Fox86 Your image was 230kb, forum rules are to keep the image under a 100kb.

Changed the image to a smaller one (thanks for destroying our advertising hoz) wink_o.gif

There is no special cheat protection, but be sure if we see someone cheating, this was his last ArmA4Masses Event. biggrin_o.gif

UPDATE: I implemented Keygetys Spectator-Mode now to the mission.

Sadly i only read this on monday tounge2.gif , but it sounds like a good idea, is there any info on when the next one will be?

next event is planned for end of November (ArmA4Masses is a monthly event)

A announcement will follow 7-10 days before.

aw man i thought there would be on today tounge2.gif oh well looking forward to joining next time. smile_o.gif