Sign in to follow this  
putinix77

F-117 Nighthawk

My clan member PEP work on the F-117 Nighthawk, here are some pics for u guys.

Look at this!

st1.gif

st2.gif

Maybe there is someone how can help him a bit? he found a problem and we cant handle it!

error.jpg

I hope this big community can help to realise this project!

Can Anyone help? Sent me a mail over the flashpoint forum!

Over complicated design, try to cut back on some polys

Strip it down to the bare minimum of faces, then work it back up again

He cut the most of the vertices out, the rest is too important to remove!

Please specify your idea a little bit, maybe its a option in oxygen2 we dont know!

39595 faces are "too important" to trim down? Are you serious? Thats a ridiculous number of vertices and points. Even if your friend could get it ingame, it'd lag like a mother...

That said, if you're still serious about hogging every ounce of memory in your system for the sake of one model, try using the SQUARIZE function (CTRL+A, then 'Structure > Squarize). That'll convert all two sets of 3-edge faces into 'squared' 4-edge faces.

For a model that is basicily a whole series of flat surfaces I can't see how it could have so many points!

The seat must have 5000 points and the wheels 1000 !

Instrument panel from hell maybe ?

Sure hes not got the model copied twice in the project?

After what Gnat just posted, you could maybe try the "Merge Near" function, which is within "Points" in the top menu bar. Then use the (default) value of 0.00001

He cut the most of the vertices out, the rest is too important to remove!

Please specify your idea a little bit, maybe its a option in oxygen2 we dont know!

too important? F-117 mostly consists of flat faces, so i  don't see how it can be a problem. And looking at the wireframe image you posted, i'd say wheels have too many polygons.

And maybe instrument panel, in first resolution LOD it shouldn't be high poly, higher poly panel should be in view pilot LOD.

It looks like a F-117 form OFP ?

I saw that very similar plane there ... but I don´t remember the author.

It´s completely new or some edits on this model ?

It looks like a F-117 form OFP ?

I saw that very similar plane there ... but I don´t remember the author.

It´s completely new or some edits on this model ?

Similar plane ofcourse its similar because its F-117. And i think its new because it more high poly, that he gets error about too many vertices...

Ok ... it was only my question, because when was ArmA released I tryed to import this addon to it but with similar problem (but now I'm not sure ... it was a long time ago) ... else looks great wink_o.gif

PEP made this model by himself without construction plan and without existing model or copy. He had only a plastic model on his desk^^

You see its realy good work AND i have never seen a perfect model like this in OFP. The wheels and the cockpit are from the harrier fighter! This model have a bomb cargo!!!

"EMSI" what are u talking about, is that the way you give him respect for this work?

sf2.gif

THX for the INFOS guys i have sent it to PEP maybe we can see some updates in the future.

Question from PEP to Jackal326:

jackal how can he convert all two sets of 3-edge faces into squared' 4-edge faces??? please maybe you have a example for this option!

Please do not double-post.

[Addon maker mode]

Ermm, 40000 faces is worse than overkill. Bring it ingame before you do further work on it and see if you still can run a normal mission with it...

(Maybe BI should think about model streaming, lol.)

[/Addon maker mode]

Question from PEP to Jackal326:

jackal how can he convert all two sets of 3-edge faces into squared' 4-edge faces??? please maybe you have a example for this option!

Not all sets CAN be converted, some need to be 3-edge (traingular) faces due to the location of each point in relation to each-other. All I can suggest is cutting back on the number of points in general.

PEP made this model by himself without construction plan and without existing model or copy. He had only a plastic model on his desk^^

When he could've used this.

In the second picture at the top, you can see where the problems are. The darker an area the denser the faces/point distribution there. So as already said before he should simplify the wheels and gearpods

and ALL the stuff inside the back of the plane, that is not visible most of the time anyway, can be reduced A LOT!

Then the model will be a nice addition to ArmA (once he's done with texturing/config)

try to check for isolated points aswell (points/select isolated). if it isnt in the memory lod you can delete the points found without any problems.

Although it gives you an 'vertex' error, afaik it is the amount of faces that is too much. Would be nice if somebody can confirm this (BIS?) and even put some limite numbers on it.

OFFTOPIC: running into a simular issue here, around 17k poly (mix of tris where needed ->non-planar). But i'm talking about a 'open' vehicle with lots of round stuff and dual weapons.

+-40k faces model is indeed a big nono, and you (your friend) will need to reduce +50% of detail to get it ingame. You can workaround with proxies, but that is only fooling yourself imho (i might consider it as i'm close to the virtual limite of +- 14-15k).

But BIS didn't put a limite in it as bug, but as a warning.

Without looking into faces or details, why the harrier cockpit? AFAIK they don't share something in common. So why have (in your opinion) the best looking F117 if the cockpit is completly off. Anyway, beside what cockpit it is, this is his workfile afaik, so cockpit will have first person view integrated and not a reduced 'outside' view model. So their is a lot of room for reducing his limite.

At that zoomlevel it is simply not possible to say if the wheels are way to high poly or not. Density at this zoomlevel doesn't say anything imho, you can only guess but it is a fact these are his problem area's.

PS: Does this include the bombcarge with payload. In the end it doesn't carry that much bombs (2?), but cargo doors itself are tricky (radar consilment shape) wink_o.gif.

Hallo Folks,

Thank you for your help and your feedback dudes.I done it,to put the Nighthawk into the Buldozer,so it works.

greetings pep