Sign in to follow this  
redvex

This hateful lovely M21

I'm in the mission with James Gastovski, the one where you go to kolgujev in order to destroy the previously located shilkas.

I selected m21 in the weapon choice.

When mission started, i spotted 3 reds at about 180 meters.

I zoomed on one's head, I could see his eyebrows printed on my rifle's scope. :biggrin:

His head was in the center of the scope.

-BLAM!-

I missed him!!!mad.gif

how can that be?

M21's supposed to be a sniper...is there some way I can fix this?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from redvex on 12:58 pm on Nov. 11, 2001

M21's supposed to be a sniper...is there some way I can fix this?<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, you could try learning how to use it. :biggrin:

Read the manual mate.

Don't have a manual? Go buy it.

you were probably zoomed in way to far(more inaccurate when u r zoomed in far) You would have gotten him if he was more like......380 meters.

Ignore the last 3 replies, Redvex.

The M21, and SVD Dragunov are short range sniper rifles. They're only used to extend the range of an infantry squad.

Both rifles are only good for about 150m. Anything beyond that, then you have to aim to the lower-right a little. The SVD Dragunov is more powerful, and more accurate than the M21... Only having 10 rounds is a small drawback.

So, try not to engage with the M21 for anything over 150m.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from OperationFPoint on 7:03 am on Nov. 11, 2001

you were probably zoomed in way to far(more inaccurate when u r zoomed in far) You would have gotten him if he was more like......380 meters.

<span id='postcolor'>

This is the correct answer, as was Rabnud's. Read the manual. 150 meters is the limit for the legally blind.

It's easy to nail people at even 600m with the M21. Just raise it about 2-3ft above the person's head.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from FetishFool on 7:48 am on Nov. 11, 2001

The M21, and SVD Dragunov are short range sniper rifles.  They're only used to extend the range of an infantry squad.

Both rifles are only good for about 150m.

<span id='postcolor'>

*lol*

Sorry, but that is BS!

You can use the M21 and the SVD up to the sighting range of OFP and still be effective...well, at least I can wink.gif

@ redvex: Simply practice a little bit and you can engage enemies up to any distance you want to.

(Edited by YP at 3:14 pm on Nov. 11, 2001)

I was replying to how Redvex was aiming directly at the head with the crosshairs. That only works at 150m. Anything higher, then you have to aim to the upper-left or lower-right.

You aim to the lower-right when the target is like 1km away. Upper-left is for around 300m

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from FetishFool on 8:48 am on Nov. 11, 2001

The M21, and SVD Dragunov are short range sniper rifles.  They're only used to extend the range of an infantry squad.

Both rifles are only good for about 150m.  Anything beyond that, then you have to aim to the lower-right a little.  The SVD Dragunov is more powerful, and more accurate than the M21...  Only having 10 rounds is a small drawback.

<span id='postcolor'>

Again all bulls**t this guy says that the AK74 fires a 5.45 NATO round

the SVD dragunov has a effective range of 600 up to 800 m

The M21 is actually a modified M14 it has a great range and its very accurate

FetishFOOL i suggest you to do more research b4 posting crap

This guy tells me that he owns an AK47 from Pakistan

You should take a look at his ICQ user details

Organistation,Groups

Paki and Nigger killers

He's a 15 year old prick who is full of s**t

Like a real snipr rifle it needs to be tuned and focused according to the range of an enemy!

No CS AWM or Scout here! Just pure skill needed....

OMFG THE M21 IS NOT A MODIFIED M14!!!

FOR STARTERS THE M14 IS A MACHINE GUN YOU F**KING KNOB CAKE!!!

lol what next the Nuke Missile is just a modified Air Rifle!

The guy postin above me is right! a 15 full of complete mum wankng ball crap....

yes kong is right

m14 is a semi suto assualt rifle

got replaced with m16 during vietnam.

they just put a scope on it and it's an m21 now.

M14 IS NOT an assualt rifle, it is a battle rifle, and yes the M21 is a modified M14.

The AK-74 does fire the 5.45mm NATO round

In the game, your M21 sight is supposed to be Zommed like this:-

If the target is standing, Zoom in untill the Top line is head height, Bottom line at his feet ( Same with the Side lines in target is lying down ). This is accurate as long as your target is 6ft tall.

The M21 is a refined M14 set to fire the 7.62 match round.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Denwad on 1:15 am on Nov. 12, 2001

M14 IS NOT an assualt rifle, it is a battle rifle, and yes the M21 is a modified M14.

The AK-74 does fire the 5.45mm NATO round

<span id='postcolor'>

HAHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAH f**kING IDIOT

it fires a 5.45×39 Russian round idiot

instead of the 5.56×45 wich is a nato round

and the M14 is a assault rifle f**king nut

Hhmmm... I wonder what a 'battle rifle' is.

I think he is thinking of those Great War(WWI) rifles that you had to reload with a stick.

They used the bayonettes more than the bullets in those times.

The M-14 is not an assualt rifle but a MAIN BATTLE RIFLE. Some M-14's were used as SAW's (or Squad Automatic Weapon for the retarded) and could fire full auto. The M-21 is the semi Auto version of the M-14 with enhanced features. Exp: National Match barrel,match trigger,and other features to increase accuracy. In terms of power and ballistics the M-21's 7.62x51 is almost the same to the Dragunov's 7.62x54r. The M-21 is a more accurate rifle but the drag has it's advantage in light weight and fast follow up shots.

As far as the game go's, I've never encountered a situation where somebody was out of range of these 2 rifles. These rifles turn the game into a target rich environment.

Oh yeah almost forgot. An assualt rifle fires an intermediate catridge 7.62x39, 5.56x45, 5.45x39 and must have selective fire.

A Main battle rifle fires a full rifle cartridge 7.62x51, 7.62x546, 7.92x57(8mm)

A quick copy and paste as this is the second thread I've seen today about 'inaccurate' sights.

However calibrated (well, within reason) sigths have 2 'accurate'points.

To explain (apologies to those who know)...bullet starts flight path below crosshair (so at close range hits below)...bullet rises and at a certain distance hits the top of its trajectory (depending how scope's calibrated, often above the horizontal). Eventually bullet drops back below.

In reality of course the bullet is accelerated downward by gravity as soon as it leaves the barrel...it's just that the scope points (VERY slightly) downward, and the barrel tends to rise on firing.