Sign in to follow this  
fromz

FFAMM v1.3

ya the ak sounds are pretty bad, they are ok at a distance but if your holding it, well ive heard my cat make larger noises. No offense to the maker just suggestions is all

The movie itself is top notch. Really cool, loved the voices.

But it didn't do the best job in presenting the effects. I only noticed the tracer got a bit slimmer. Missed the cloudlets etc.

It just doesn't show up well.

Double the sounds comments. Not convincing, pretty far off in some cases (AK).

=-,Oct. 19 2007,22:27]
Quote[/b] ]tried to add the pbo´s and hpp´s into my addon folder and getting the message "Include file @FFAMM/Addons/SIX_Misc.hpp. Its in my addon folder, does it have to be named FFAMM?

You can edit "SIX_Settings_Misc.hpp" in "\@FFAMM\AddOns\SIX_Misc\H" revise the

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class SIX_Settings

{

#include "\@FFAMM\Addons\SIX_Misc.hpp"

};"@FFAMM" for your addons name, same as SIX_Settings_Tracers.hpp in "\@FFAMM\AddOns\SIX_Tracers\h"

Quote[/b] ]Nice and good video ,but M4/SPR sounds sux ,becuse those are from old jam ofp addon and are unreal lol

I have recorded a lot of real sound in Chinese Army or the music department of my company, includ the Chinese Type 81-1 assault rifle (which similar with AK-74), But i have no any MK12 sounds, so... It's my edited version. Maybe I will  improve it next time~

Quote[/b] ]Here's a longer version of this video on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2-qeDQ0s3c

Thank you~ nener.gif

Quote[/b] ]Some new things what i spotted in long version :

- Those AK sounds are totally wrong

- SVD sound , svd don't have bolt action  

That's all what i seen right now  

Quote[/b] ]ya the ak sounds are pretty bad, they are ok at a distance but if your holding it, well ive heard my cat make larger noises. No offense to the maker just suggestions is all
Quote[/b] ]The movie itself is top notch. Really cool, loved the voices.

But it didn't do the best job in presenting the effects. I only noticed the tracer got a bit slimmer. Missed the cloudlets etc.

It just doesn't show up well.

Double the sounds comments. Not convincing, pretty far off in some cases (AK).

I have many AK-74 sounds in making process, some of them heared good at 1st person, but not good in combat environment, in fact, i have tested more than 20 AK-74 sounds,I choosed this one at last.But I'm sure in the future I  will reform the sounds as real as possible, not as pleasant to hear as possible.Thanks all the same for suggestion smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]You say this uses maddmatts effects, wheres the rocket backblast?

But apart from that its sweeet

I just used maddmatt's scripts,and rework on scripts and textures, my version is more faster in game. I  Removed some uncommon effects. smile_o.gif

This is truly the best sound mod out there!

When bullets wizz by you it sounds amazing!

sorry to say but the chinese varient doesnt match up with the real deal :P i understand your problem thou, arma engine doesnt allow different sounds for enviroment and first person mode. a big thing you could do to help the AK sound is increase it in first person. Like all AKs the 74 has a very distinctive sound, on that the chinese copy doesnt match, which explains why it sounds so wrong. Maybe you could get a hold of an original? some more suggestions would be adding special vehicle sounds. I really like the FFAR sound though. Dont take this the wrong way, most of us are very appreciative for your work, but all works require revision and thats what we desire to help with. I do enjoy this mod quite a bit, especially since its given me something new to hear after so much FDF sounds lol

Yah, I actually like this sound mod the most form all of them.

The only problem is the AK 74. confused_o.gif

But goodwork! thumbs-up.gif

Was very excited about this mod when i heard the US weapons firing, very nice.

Then I switched sides and heard the AK's huh.gif ... this is the reason I stopped using the mod.

Get those AK's in order and this will be a fine addition smile_o.gif

This mod is the best, like everyone is saying the AK is the only problem, but i rarely hear that since im always on US hearing the awesome bullet cracks and distant sounds biggrin_o.gif Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!

Hows about releasing this mod broken down per PBO for AK / M4 (U.S) weapons and then Effects (breathing / explosions) perfect way to let users pick and choose what to mix with current mods.

I think the U.S weapons / bullet distance cracks and large explosion for tanks etc are fantastic, the rest I dont rate so much.

Found a couple "incompatible" mods.

First is the Extended Init Event Handler mod. Sounds still work, but the tracers go bye bye. Don't know why cuz it works with the Six mods original tracers, but in my experiences, every time I launch the FFAMM mod with the Extended Init Event Handler mod the tracers don't show up.

Second is the CA_SymbRain. Not sure what it's actually called, but that is what is in my ArmA folder. Not sure exactly what conflicts here because there completely different, but once again, when I load up FFAMM with the rain mod, I get no tracers.

The rain I can deal with losing, but MadMatts ArmA Effects has that Extended Init Event Handler in it so therefore even if I remove the matt effects you provide and just want to use the original, I can't get any tracers.

same here, i get tracers in tanks, but no tracers in MG's huh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gif

dont have init handler, only mods i use is vehicle/uniform replacements.

Quote[/b] ]Was very excited about this mod when i heard the US weapons firing, very nice.

Then I switched sides and heard the AK's huh.gif ... this is the reason I stopped using the mod.

Get those AK's in order and this will be a fine addition smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]This mod is the best, like everyone is saying the AK is the only problem, but i rarely hear that since im always on US hearing the awesome bullet cracks and distant sounds Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!
Quote[/b] ]Hows about releasing this mod broken down per PBO for AK / M4 (U.S) weapons and then Effects (breathing / explosions) perfect way to let users pick and choose what to mix with current mods.

I think the U.S weapons / bullet distance cracks and large explosion for tanks etc are fantastic, the rest I dont rate so much.

Yes, I will rework the AK series sound undoubtedly.And then I'll relesed the AK .wss files.Everyone can choose their favorite one. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Found a couple "incompatible" mods.

First is the Extended Init Event Handler mod. Sounds still work, but the tracers go bye bye. Don't know why cuz it works with the Six mods original tracers, but in my experiences, every time I launch the FFAMM mod with the Extended Init Event Handler mod the tracers don't show up.

Second is the CA_SymbRain. Not sure what it's actually called, but that is what is in my ArmA folder. Not sure exactly what conflicts here because there completely different, but once again, when I load up FFAMM with the rain mod, I get no tracers.

The rain I can deal with losing, but MadMatts ArmA Effects has that Extended Init Event Handler in it so therefore even if I remove the matt effects you provide and just want to use the original, I can't get any tracers.

Quote[/b] ]same here, i get tracers in tanks, but no tracers in MG's

dont have init handler, only mods i use is vehicle/uniform replacements.

Thanks for reminding! welcome.gif

I will try to sew up these problems as soon as possible.Thank you~

Found a couple "incompatible" mods.

Had the same problem, however I seem to have fixed it by dropping the SightAdjustment AutoInit into my addons folder. I tried for 40mins to get SIX_Tracers to work with this mod and only when I added the autoinit did the magic happen yay.gif

Great mod, love most of the sounds but some things to consider for the next release:

* Like most have said, AK sounds need seriouos attention - as do the SVD, M107, M16A2/A4, M203 Grenade Launcher (just make it the same as the GP30!wink_o.gif, 203 and grenade explosion sounds - check out Chammy's they are spot on.

* Volume issues on a lot of sounds like bullets hitting vehicles, interior sound volumes being too loud, etc.

Thanks for this mod! I love it. The firefights sound so much more realistic now... And the tracers are great too.

Thanks for making the mod!

Okay so, this is no doubt my favorite sound mod from Chemmys, FDF, and Modwar. But, do you think you can just upload all the sounds on filefront, or youtube or somthing, just so every 1 can vote on wich AK sound to use or somthing?

Just so people dont whine and such smile_o.gif

Sound like a good idea? huh.gif

ak sounds fine to me, just want my dam tracers whistle.gifwhistle.gif

love the mod btw, nice job dude inlove.gifinlove.gif

Excellent job to every addon maker!

I have a question : in your video, we can see a kind of dusty effect, like sand storm, something like that. It appears (at least for me) to be not present in your mod. Where may i download it?

EDIT : is this NIM Dynamic Weather ?

It should be NIM Dynamic Weather, or something that does exactly the same. biggrin_o.gif

Great mod, jus gonna give some pros and cons:

Pro

Great sounds

Great effects

Great tracers

Generally an essential addon

Cons

Some sounds need more work (50cal M2 needs more punch , AK needs more bass, bit more tweakage on the SAW)

Add some more effects from madmats mod , I.E backblasts from rockets.

Great mod, jus gonna give some pros and cons:

Pro

Great sounds

Great effects

Great tracers

Generally an essential addon

Cons

Some sounds need more work (50cal M2 needs more punch , AK needs more bass, bit more tweakage on the SAW)

Add some more effects from madmats mod , I.E backblasts from rockets.

couldn't agree more, the 50. cal and SAW just sound a little flat but overall an amazing addon!

all I can say is pair off a battalion of racs and partisans on the edge of town at night, sit in the middle and absorb the buzz this mod injects into arma! biggrin_o.gif if that don't give you a thrill, grab a rifle and join in. pistols.gif

cant wait for an update!