Colossus

Developer's Blog

I saw that! For some reason I can't post comments.

"Community Configuration Project

As part of this patch, we would like to formalize community oriented approach towards fixing and improving some of the aspects of the game configuration files. [...] we hope to see a few simple config fixes contributed by the community in the final patch."

That sounds incredible.

I think high up on my list of fixes would be some of the TrueMods gameplay enhancements (transition fixes, dispersion, sway, etc), updated recoils from one of the good sources (Q1184 or Truemods), fixed manual missile control from anyone who has a good implementation (IE, TOWs from SLX mod), red's model fixes, and added 'binoculars' dummy weapons to the commander turrets of BMP's and shilkas: without a dummy weapon their commander mode is broken. Can be fixed by adding weapon binocular in parent definition of 'tank'...

Heck I think I'll make my own small config fix pack with a few changes and submit it when the wiki is up. smile_o.gif

I believe i wasnt the only one who experienced the following introduced with patch 1.14 (and 1.14 only)..

WTF.jpg

escoBUG.jpg

But tbh im more interested in Arma 2 related entries, so im happy to know they are focussing on it.

looking forward to pimp A1 core xmas_o.gif

The vegetation looks amazing, great job guys! Is this vegetation clutter random or will we see a similar model used all over?

One note... when you click on either soldier, it links to the bottom of the two.

Yep, sweet - again a nice tit-for-tat response wink_o.gif

Perfect, was waiting for this since our last PM tounge2.gifwink_o.gif

The Landscape is stunning - WOW.

If you guys continue that way, i can't imagine what you would bring up in another 5-10 years..... notworthy.gif

Sorry for the delay. First post is updated with the latest blog now smile_o.gif

The vegetation looks amazing, great job guys! Is this vegetation clutter random or will we see a similar model used all over?

I just read this:

We are still working on clutter and other non-generated models of vegetation especially flora, next blog entry will hopefully be about that. But first picture with sunflowers are the results of experimental flora generating in Linda, so we are trying to also use Linda there.
Source: ArmA2 Vegetation progress 2
Firstly, we finished clutter; these are simplified models of vegetation that cover the landscape, such as grass or small plants and things.
Source: events of previous months

Did i understood it right?! Will Linda engine work for clutters as well? Will clutters also grow and change their forms?

If so, that means they become more complexed, does it also mean they can now have View Geometry LODs?

I ask this because if this is what i really think it is, AIs Will no longer be able to see through clutters. yay.gif

Can an Dev. elaborate it a little bit more?

That blog entry was a very intriguing read. I am very proud of your achievements as a company. Using the VBS technology for medicine is very interesting, as with the rest of it.

Using the VBS technology for medicine is very interesting, as with the rest of it.

Yes, but thats the fact I've did'nt understand right now. What has alzheimer to do with VBS?

Whatever I'm happy to see that you use the creativity and the Know-How of the junger generation or better the next generation for your future products. thumbs-up.gif I hope we also benefits of such engagement.

What about a coorperation of German Universities near the border.

There are several projects and exchange programms with our eatern neighbours. Maybe you can get a part of an EU Grant programme. smile_o.gif

Using the VBS technology for medicine is very interesting, as with the rest of it.

Yes, but thats the fact I've did'nt understand right now. What has alzheimer to do with VBS?

Whatever I'm happy to see that you use the creativity and the Know-How of the junger generation or better the next generation for your future products.  thumbs-up.gif  I hope we also benefits of such engagement.

What about a coorperation of German Universities near the border.

There are several projects and exchange programms with our eatern neighbours. Maybe you can get a part of an EU Grant programme.  smile_o.gif

most likely these various simulator compability certifications of VBS and it's modularity allows easier use with medial science research

there are already some projects using games/applications linked to devices monitoring ( e.g. motion behaviour, brain waves etc. )

what's going on and representing result visually / audible

these are used to help people with various paralysis or illnesses ... and ofcourse for research

it's very nice to hear VBS simulator could be used for this too

An excellent read - I had no idea they were using laser scans of people's heads ingame.

So my only question now is - why the hell can't I get my head put ingame in that style? :P

If I was exceedingly rich, bored, and could speak Czech, I would fly to Prague, knock on BI's door, throw them a wad fulla korunas and BEG to be put ingame. biggrin_o.gif

If I was exceedingly rich, bored, and could speak Czech, I would fly to Prague, knock on BI's door, throw them a wad fulla korunas and BEG to be put ingame. biggrin_o.gif

Urgh, i would knock on their door and pay them for NOT putting your head in our game then nener.gif .

Nice to hear the vegetation is nearly done, lets hope it all performs as well as it looks wink_o.gif .

Now that you mention it, would be interesting to see build-your-own-head models instead of just textures for players aswell. Think face.p3d.

Food for tought for ArmA3 I guess. ^_^

I think it's implicit in the blog article.  They are using the simulation as a controlled stimulus for an experimental study on stress vs. brain activity vs. alzheimers.  The simulation allows them to precisely replicate a stimulus a number of different times for different people, I'd imagine.  The shots didn't show any screens of the sim so I don't know if they are using the Army simulation or some other portion of the engine or an environment they made for the study or what. For instance, maybe they are using the AAR portion with some other code to precisely record and map different data points over time.

For alzhaimer is typical, that ill people lose with time ability to orient ourselves in enviroment, they want to use VR to create various enviroment and meassure ability to orient there how disease progress

Quote[/b] ]If I was exceedingly rich, bored, and could speak Czech, I would fly to Prague, knock on BI's door, throw them a wad fulla korunas and BEG to be put ingame.

Why go to Praha if you can do it yourself at home ?

DIY 3d laser scanner

The only problem is...how to get your head on a rotating disk without decapitation smile_o.gif