Sign in to follow this  
VictorFarbau

VFAI - AI Extension

Thanks for update!

Did a quick test with 3 units AT, MG and Sniper and same on the "dead side". All units didnt rearm themselves with all ammo mags. For example MG unit left 2 mag despite empty slots. Sniper went first to dead AT unit and grabbed the AT, after this went to dead sniper and rearmed there. Is it possible to do first "if" run/rearm via unitclass/weaponclass/magazineclass? Or is this issue only with the sniper rifle/unit?

Well, both behaviours are intentional.

About ammo levels: units will not snitch supplies until they're fully loaded. Only if they hit the bottom threshhold (4 or 5 mags) they will take action. I implemented this to avoid one unit robbing all available mags whereas others don't get any (and that will happen otherwise). It is a balance descision which in general works out and does not disrupt gameplay too much.

Dropping mags: this is a routine within VFAI.Equipment. In earlier versions I observed that RPG/AT soldiers couldn't take rockets as too many magazine slots were occupied. Hence I have them drop mags until they have room for at least 2 rockets. I will see whether this can be optmized.

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

I am open to bug reports as usual. In the context of more and more addons that enhance AI I have sometimes seen some weird behaviour.

So if you find a bug it would be most helpful if you could limit your addons galore to the VFAI addons and tell me how to reproduce it.

Regards,

VictorFarbau

Come on lads just use this without anyother stuff like the guy ask's crazy_o.gif It could be a millon things when using combined addons!

Thanks for the update VictorFarbau.

I will test the new version this weekend. smile_o.gif

VFAI Project updated to 2.6. Please see 1st post for all info and download link. Main point is ACE compatibility. Feedback welcome in this thread as usual.

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

Thx for the new version ;)

Mirror from Assault Mission Studio

dlicon.gif

VFAI - Equipment.AI [2.6]

Btw Dmarkwick, for non-ACE users: are you planning to finish your view-blocking smokeaddon one day? :) I am still getting this config error in MP and SP games (I think you were on it already)...

Haven't heard anthing about view-blocking smoke being part of Arma 2 stock addons btw. Another opportunity to become famous sir :cool:

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

Btw Dmarkwick, for non-ACE users: are you planning to finish your view-blocking smokeaddon one day? :) I am still getting this config error in MP and SP games (I think you were on it already)...

Sorry Victor, I haven't heard of any problems with JTD_SmokeEffects, can you elaborate? There is one problem I keep hearing about a config error message or somesuch thing, but it's an ArmA bug and not (I don't think) connected with the addon that it says it is. Its something to do with the recursive nature of the way addons refer to each other, checking that all required addons are loaded up, and in the correct order. I think the Extended Event Handlers addon exacerbates this somehow, although I don't believe its the actual problem. The problem is in ArmA I think.

Haven't heard anthing about view-blocking smoke being part of ArmA 2 stock addons btw. Another opportunity to become famous sir :cool:

Oh yeah, the addon should be very easy to transfer across, assuming the mod basics remain the same. As far as I can tell from the Biki, I just need to tidy up the code and make it more "legal" and it should be good to go :)

Not sure I should use this thread for reporting this but here we go. We can maybe take it further in your thread if required.

Here's my arma.rpt as soon as the first AI unit throws smoke:

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgModels.default'.
Warning Message: No entry '.sections'.
Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array
Warning Message: No entry '.sectionsInherit'.
Warning Message: '/' is not a value

That is, when using the 5.2 version you mention in your footer.

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

Hmm, well, the smoke grenade addon does not refer to a "default" class anywhere, it used to, but I lost it after finding out some things about the default class.

Do you use any of the other addons?

It is from a model.cfg or config.cpp with cfgModels/cfgSkeletons.

cfgModels/cfgSkeletons

Neither section is defined in the config.cpp of DMSmokeshellVB.pbo. Could this be the problem? I am not exactly a model config expert myself...

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

I guess one way to confirm it would be to try ArmA with only one, single addon loaded up, the smoke grenade one. And the Extended Event Handler as well, obviously :)

Please use this fixed config:

class CfgPatches
{
class VFAI_ControlPanel
{
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 1.04;
	requiredAddons[] = {"CACharacters"};
};
};
class CfgVehicles
{
class Man;
class CaManbase: Man
{
	class UserActions
	{
		class VFAICpanel
		{
			displayNameDefault = "VFAI Control Panel";
			showWindow = 0;
			hideOnUse = 1;
			displayName = "VFAI Control Panel";
			position = "action";
			radius = 5;
			onlyForPlayer = 1;
			condition = "(alive this) && (this == leader group this)";
			statement = "this execVM '\VFAI_ControlPanel\vfaictl.sqf'";
		};
	};
};
};
#include "ddef.hpp"

At the same time please make a version without the user interaction.

It is annoying, easily clicked by accident and only ONE addon can apply

user actions on infantry units. They overwrite each other.

Really there is no good reason that this addon has to be that one.

Thanks VB!

Any chance to randomize the smoke shell throwing? we come under fire from some AI units they threw smoke which was all fine and dandy but there was a squad flanking which exposed its position which we wouldn't have saw if it didn't throw smoke so it kind of killed the surprise. Any way this could be fixed? Only allow the AI to throw smoke if they are being engaged.

This is for Arma 2 .. shit wrong thead lol oops