Sign in to follow this  
VictorFarbau

VFAI - AI Extension

Kroky, can you point me to this LSD_falseprophet console addon? I would wonder what causes this.

The VFAI control panel is only accessible for the group leader (and when in no group for every player) and adds an action menu entry. This should by no means overwrite any other entries. Nonetheless, I still need to work on a different invocation method anyway to avoid adding yet another menu entry (like Gaia's debug console).

Secondly, about the static MGs. Believe it or not but this is on schedule for my Vehicle.AI addon. However, the AI shortcomings there are so obvious that many other people worked on the same things as well (leave empty static weapons, repair vehicles when damaged, switch positions when crew members are killed to name a few). This demotivated me for a while; it would all look like a copy-job now. However, since a couple of AI enhancements only seem to work through MODs and only on customized units I might finish and release my addon anyway to enable all the features on all units (similar to what Equipment.AI does).

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2664

This mod is anyway very useful, so download and enjoy it.

Let me know if you find out to solve the console problem.

I'm really glad to hear you work on vehicles AI. You say some people tried to enhance AI using vehicles but until now, no reasonable mod is released which addresses it.

If you want me to test, PM me I would give you some feedback.

For some reason, this utility causes problems with SJB's SMG pack.

confused_o.gif

Or its possible its the other way around, what exactly are the problems, it may be something I can fix with the SMG Pack.

Really? I haven't used it while playing with FFN but in that thread someone included VFAI in the list of stuff he tried and said is compatible. You may want to look for that post and PM he who wrote it to see if there's something special he did to get it working.

EDIT:

It was pickled14, page 20 bottom half. wink_o.gif

@ Jackal,

As stated in your SMG thread, it seems that when VFAI is installed, your HK53's don't recognise magazines, so no ammo available, and the MP7's have no empty cartridges ejected when used............

So that's what's causing this to happen. I tried to remove a bunch of AddOns but stopped before I got to VFAI. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I went through my vast collection of addons testing each one until I located the compatability issue with this and vfai and Jackals pack lol. Took me ages............

Quote[/b] ] your HK53's don't recognise magazines, so no ammo available, and the MP7's have no empty cartridges ejected when used

What the heck? You gotta be kidding with the cartridges, that's an effect and VFAI does not at all mess with that. And why the HK53 starts with no magazines... mystery. All VFAI does is to check the config files of the units weapons in an attempt to determine the corresponding magazine name. Why this causes a loss of magazines is beyond my understanding.

EDIT: VFAI and FFN - FFN massively uses AI scripts to achieve the desired effects in the related campaign. I think Tony pointed out a couple of times that he designed FFN as a whole and not as a new AI extension. It hasn't been tested to be compatible or nice to other addons. VFAI and FFN might very well interfere with all the checks and scripts run on each unit. Both addons had a different design purpose anyway. Worst case, take your pick which one you like better (or use the VFAI control panel to disable stuff temporarily).

VictorFarbau

Are you still working on this Victor?

I would like to see the console updated, so that it would not collide with the console of falseprophet's FPFX mod.

If you are going to update the console, can you please make it less intrusive? Have it Much smaller in a corner instead of blocking the view?

Thanks.

@andersson, try this link on rapidshare.

I had updated the control panel a while ago for myself; never came around to really update the complete addon.

Kroky, I am far from dropping VFAI. Yet I couldn't see why it wouldn't work with that FPFX console, I assume both addons are mutually overwriting their "addaction" entries.

Hence I was looking into different invocation methods; turns out that the escape menu entires wouldn't work in MP. Right now I am out of ideas - I could write a version that is called by special keys (like Break eg). I can already imagine the complaints about that smile_o.gif

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

So what is the reason that the console action in the action menu doesn't show up when in a vehicle?

Another question is:

If I choose the option drop empty weapons and choose the options of VFAI ON. Would it happen that AI are picking up empty weapons (launcher i.e.) and then dropping it again, and then picking it up and then dropping it again and so on and so on....?

Quote[/b] ]So what is the reason that the console action in the action menu doesn't show up when in a vehicle?

For VFAI? Because the eventhandler is registered for the class "Man" vehicle only. As soon as you enter some different vehicle its handlers will take precendence of yours.

Quote[/b] ]and then picking it up and then dropping it again and so on and so on....?

Hm no, technically impossible. Soldiers can only take weapons from other dead soldiers at this point in time. But they do drop weapons on the ground. However, once dropped on the ground that weapon / magazine is lost and invisible for them (due to some script engine limitation).

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

Ok thanks for clarifying with not showing up the VFAI action menu when in vehicles, I thought it was a bug.

I tried your latest version of the dialog menu and it's better, on the left side of the screen instead of middle. But now the text is kind of double. Once as chat text and then in the middle of the screen. I would suggest to get rid of one of them. Basically they contain the same information twice.

I would prefer to have only the chat text, since it is less intrusive on the screen.

Is it possible to include an option to disable VFAI via dialog menu, just for the own team. Allowing OPFOR other friendly teams and civilians still picking up weapons and magazines?

Are you still working on vehicle AI?

@andersson, try this link on rapidshare.

I had updated the control panel a while ago for myself; never came around to really update the complete addon.

Thank you very much!

Kroky,

yes, the final version will only have chat messages, no OSD. This is just a WIP version you tried there.

About a group-focussed switch of VFAI: it requires a new code concept but I was thinking about it as well. Don't like to always turn it on/off globally either.

Vehicle.AI: no, this is still dormant. Lack of time. Testing requires many hours usually. Time I don't have after work these days.

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

ok if you need some people to test, to save your time, I'm ready to do it, just give me some note!

Updated VFAI to V2.5. Major changes are a reworked control panel and an option to en/disable VFAI for groups (by group leader).

I am open to bug reports as usual. In the context of more and more addons that enhance AI I have sometimes seen some weird behaviour.

So if you find a bug it would be most helpful if you could limit your addons galore to the VFAI addons and tell me how to reproduce it.

Anyway, I hope it will all run smooth for the time being smile_o.gif

Download links ( thanks to the community sites guys again! ) and updates are on the 1st page as usual.

Regards,

VictorFarbau

Thx VictorFarbau  smile_o.gif

I've updated the mirror from Assault Mission Studio

Regards

I currently have a combination of VFAI, FFN and ECS running and for some reason one of the men always seems to drop magazines on the ground when a mission starts. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

I currently have a combination of VFAI, FFN and ECS running and for some reason one of the men always seems to drop magazines on the ground when a mission starts. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

I get this as well. Only occassionally though and it seems random. I haven't seen it in a while. I was using .Jonny's SF when it happened, but again it hasn't happened in a while. I wasn't using ECS though. Only FFN, VFAI and a crap load of other things.