Sign in to follow this  
VictorFarbau

VFAI - AI Extension

VFAI_disable_civ = 1;

you better make this the default.

a civ with weapon does attack whoever RACS is hostile to, problem is that then ALL civs become enemy and get shoot at.

QuietMan

I actually like the fact that civilians are picking up weapons and help to fight the "invaders".

It leads to some funny surprises in the missions.

And there was a mission where I had to protect the civs because they were slaughtered by SLA. I found it really cool that they did not just let them kill without a fight!

If somebody wants to disable it, I would suggest he/she should do it by him/herself.

I find it cool to, but even the civs without weapons will get shoot and even some objects will get "hostile" (ammo boxes) or was this changed with latest patches? This can pretty much spoil missions where you have civs or civ objects for story and ambient.

So it should be an option to switch on if it is intended at the mission.

QuietMan

Sorry if I bump this but more people should use this mod.

I tested it thoroughly and it really does add up nicely with DMSmokeEffects and all of the other AI add ons.

If you don't mind, VF, I'd include it to the list, together with the remark of taking a look at Dwarden's thread for proper server/client usage.

So far this has been a great addition to any mission and I didn't see any downsides. Also, very sorry for this very late reaction - I tested an earlier version of your mod waaaay back and had lots of compatibility issues; it's all well now, however. I'm just a lazy bum - hats off to you!

I agree. I'm using it for my squadnights and it makes missions more challenging. It is just shocking to see how rebels rob your fallen comrades and then you shoot back so noone gets away with that precious RPG/M136 wink_o.gif thumbs up!

p.s. we're using option to disable civilians picking weapons up on all missions. Armed civil clother man is then just another "insurgent" and until SLX/ACE comes when you can take prisoners, options remains set to disabled :]

@The.D, I think your list is a precious initiative to maintain overview of the many things that have been released through time so it's a pleasure to be on it wink_o.gif

The link to Dwarden's thread... I never noticed that before. I had no idea he made a modified version. Since it doesn't say what was modified I assume some params were tweaked to someone's likings.

Anyway, I am not fully done with the addon yet. Next rev I wanted to disable civs by default (with an option to turn them on) and correct one more bug that causes useless repetitive actions on bodies w/o taking anything. I'll get to this once job and family cuts me some slack again.

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

Is it possible to turn the probability of enemy throwing smoke grenades down slightly? I think its slightly too much and on a large battle field smoke is everywhere. Maybe add like a 50% chance of something like that.

Other then that its a really nice feature.

@The.D, I think your list is a precious initiative to maintain overview of the many things that have been released through time so it's a pleasure to be on it  wink_o.gif

The link to Dwarden's thread... I never noticed that before. I had no idea he made a modified version. Since it doesn't say what was modified I assume some params were tweaked to someone's likings.

Anyway, I am not fully done with the addon yet. Next rev I wanted to disable civs by default (with an option to turn them on) and correct one more bug that causes useless repetitive actions on bodies w/o taking anything. I'll get to this once job and family cuts me some slack again.

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

well i based it upon your approval You gave me earlier so i hope it's fine

the chaanges are mainly results when i tried to try ;(lol) include some 'speedups' smile_o.gif

it's ofc then different than original one but not much ...

unbinarized cpp is included and addon can be easily unpboed

feel free to take look, critize, comment, use, improve and share smile_o.gif

i take no credits only for new bugs smile_o.gif

Is it possible to turn the probability of enemy throwing smoke grenades down slightly? I think its slightly too much and on a large battle field smoke is everywhere. Maybe add like a 50% chance of something like that.

Other then that its a really nice feature.

i was lazy to make hpp for smoke

so all You need is edit config.cpp , find [_this,40,false]

change that number (40%) into w/e you want and repack ...

Quote[/b] ]i was lazy to make hpp for smoke

Just checked inside the addon but I can't seem to find "[_this,40,false]" in either the .sqf file or the .cpp file. I'm using the latest version found on the front page.

Quote[/b] ]i was lazy to make hpp for smoke

Just checked inside the addon but I can't seem to find "[_this,40,false]" in either the .sqf file or the .cpp file. I'm using the latest version found on the front page.

i was speaking about my variant here

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=70990

I have to admit I missed it first time around and decided to try it. Basically it worked well but hearing the continuous chatter of "Ready" every time the squad members robbed a body! icon_rolleyes.gif Then after extraction in a chopper as soon as the chop got to a certain height a few squad members jumped out!! Nutters! Overall I liked it and it gave another variation to aim at.

Duca

@Dwarden, now that you mention it I do remember. No problems with that as agreed.

@Ducatisto - that should never happen (script is paused if units are mounted). So when resuming work on this I'll check this. I can only assume the game engine hadn't updated the unit's statuses at the time they jumped out.

VictorFarbau

This addon seems to not work anymore since 1.14 just thought I should say that I no longer see AI running about picking up ammo and weapons

Thanks Volkov. But are you sure this is not caused by design (read the readme) or recent addons that have problems with 1.14?

I tested the original code in Vanilla Arma 1.14 - works fine just like before for me...

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

worked in all 1.08 to the newest beta patches

only addons I am using are the Needed ones for the VFAI that came in the download for VFAI. Only non related addon is probally a sound mod

Volkov,

definitely not a problem with the code; successfully tested in a MP mission last night with 1.14 again. No problems at all.

Maybe consider circumstances such as given move orders or actual threat levels ("Danger", "Stealth") etc which prevent units from browsing around (no suicide policy  biggrin_o.gif  ).

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

It'd be nice to have  an action menu item to stop/start collecting weapons. The reason for this is because it seems that in many cases when they think they need new weapons they ignore "go to" orders while they're trying to rearm. This is a problem in many situations when the squad has to move together and quickly, since right now there is no way to tell them that they have to follow rather than wander away.

So an option to stop them from making decisions would be nice. Then another to allow them again, once the situation is better.

Very good addon, makes the game a lot more "alive".

A dialog to control this addon is required indeed. And this is what I am working on right now. ETA should be beginning of August.

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

Great news, I have removed this addon for now because of things like this, which I didn't want to because its a great addon to have .. glad to see its being worked on for more control.

A dialog to control this addon is required indeed. And this is what I am working on right now. ETA should be beginning of August.

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

Great news thumbs-up.gif

Finally, after many manhours of revising all code I can release a major update to VFAI. I included a graphical ControlPanel (available via action menu), reworked Equipment.AI to kill more bugs (hopefully the awful take-magazine-loop bug is gone now) and signed all 3 addons with key VICFA (see OFPEC).

If you use VFAI addons then this is a must have udpate!

Regards,

VictorFarbau

Finally, after many manhours of revising all code I can release a major update to VFAI. I included a graphical ControlPanel (available via action menu), reworked Equipment.AI to kill more bugs (hopefully the awful take-magazine-loop bug is gone now) and signed all 3 addons with key VICFA (see OFPEC).

If you use VFAI addons then this is a must have udpate!

Regards,

VictorFarbau

F$%*in' right my friend!  pistols.gif  biggrin_o.gif

EDIT:

Christ I'm excited about this, in full disclosure. whistle.gif

Thank you very much for this update!

Edit: there is one change I'd like to ask for; can you please make the action menu item never show up in the middle of the screen? It seems that it comes up all the time when the player is a leader.

Also, I think I found a bug: the control panel always closes right away after opening - the only way to keep it open is to keep the Enter key pressed continously.

It would be nice to have more options for the equipment addon. For instance, it's a pain to have your stealthy team of commandos given away because one guy decided to get greedy with an RPG, so I turn it off, but I may not want it off for ALL units, just the ones in my group.