Sign in to follow this  
VictorFarbau

VFAI - AI Extension

Too bad its not working with XAM....

I guess it's because of the event handlers.

This is great! Not sure if this was part of the mod but, after I took a few shots at an enemy squad they tossed smoke and formed a firing line behind it. Caught me off guard big time.

Then they robed the corpse of one of my teammates....awesome smile_o.gif

This kinda stuff was talked about back in OFP RES, but I can only imagine trying to store weapons for the resistance, and your AI squad stealing them smile_o.gif Just incase people wonder why this wasn't included in both games.

Very nice updates, one more small bug, its still with the Javelins. No matter what i do they still automatically drop the damn Javelins!

Apart from that no problems yet!

No matter what i do they still automatically drop the damn Javelins!

Waaaahhhhhh! mad_o.gif I had it working in all tests, so I wonder. I will fix this once and for all in the next update.

Work excellent. Often it modernize list of weapon`s on equipment_ai.

I think it would be good idea to check if the soldier is set captive in the main loop. This way, missionmakers can simply disable the vfai for not-to-be-armed civilians or prisoners. In the present state, we have to extract the script and run it for specific units only. And with the weapons list being acquired dynamically through new ArmA config commands it would be perfect.

Also, I do not want it run for player controlled AI. I hope that if the addon is only serverside it will run exactly that way as the AIs in player's group are local to his machine. Will test that sometimes this week.

Quote[/b] ]missionmakers can simply disable the vfai for not-to-be-armed civilians or prisoners

A concept to en/disable VFAI per unit is on my agenda as well. Haven't worked with the config commands yet. Guess this will be fun and games again given the sparse documentation in the Wiki.

VictorFarbau

i'm wondering wich addons create AI voice in OGNCTI v1g

can it be done by your VFAI ?

Quote[/b] ]missionmakers can simply disable the vfai for not-to-be-armed civilians or prisoners

A concept to en/disable VFAI per unit is on my agenda as well. Haven't worked with the config commands yet. Guess this will be fun and games again given the sparse documentation in the Wiki.

VictorFarbau

or maybe can make it enable/disable it ingame also? if it is possible it will be great.

just happened last night, i'm suppose to clear this hill, after huge firefight and i was closing in the hill, not sure wheter all the enemies are dead or not, i lobbed a grenade and i realised my men was rushing forward to loot the bodies... 1 man killed, 2 injured. then got ambushed by the enemy survivors. not a fun experience...

@gL33k: VFAI does currently not use any voices.

@Mr_Centipede: if you need units to hold their positions then you need to stop them through the action menu. VFAI will respect a stop command and will be paused for the time being.

EDIT: a new version will be posted tonight btw.

Regards,

Victor

VFAI updated to V2.0 - download and revision comments on 1st page as usual.

Regards,

VictorFarbau

Its great seeing this in multi-player, specially with a crowd of civis when someone dies... looks hilarious, like a flock of birds seeing something edible.

Also quite the scary phenomenon during a peace-keeping mission, cause although they mean no harm, its a domino effect, unless you can get the AK or what not before them, its the new craze of the month, they'll keep stealing it from their dead. rofl.gif

Cool not sure which version solved it but no more dropping the Javelins in 2.0 thanks! Is there any way or plans to try to make this work in conjuction with seconds suppression addon like was mentioned earlier? If not no matter as it still works fine as it is anyway. Great addon!

I get some strange results with this. People get weapons just by going prone some 30 meters away. They do not even go near the bodies. Weapons just appear in their hands. Is this normal?

EDIT: Wathing the Youtube video - it is not supposed to work this way. Not compatible with Queen's Gambit?

EDIT 2: This seems to be happening if the civilan group does not have any movement point initially.

Törni, this is a cosmetic issue that will be resolved in V2.1 next to some other improvements.

VictorFarbau

Excellent!

Works like a charm for most classes, except sometimes I see snipers running around with no weapons now?

Thank you for your hard work on this.

[WWS]WarWolf,

Quote[/b] ]sometimes I see snipers running around with no weapons now

I am always interested in hearing this. Can you provide the following details next time you see one of these snipers?

1. What is the unit type of the sniper? West/East/Guerilla/custom addon type? If custom, which addon pack is being used?

2. What weapons would this unit carry originally? (not needed if standard unit types are used)

3. Are these snipers carrying launcher weapons when you observe them?

Situation 3 could be due to this: sniper runs out of ammo, finds a machine gun, finds and takes a launcher, hence looses the machine gun and now only has a launcher (+ maybe a handgun). Need to optimize this behaviour still.

Regards,

VictorFarbau