Sign in to follow this  
Treehead Woodfist

f***ing bad support by BIS

Check THIS out! (as an example, it´s the same as other chech threads)

It seems to me, that BIS only supports their chech forums. Every second posting is made by BIS-developers! And we are sitting here and have to find our own solutions for our problems, because no one ever looks at english threads.

I can imagine that most OFP-buyers can´t speak chech, so why don´t they give more support to us?

How about posting in the chech forums? (In english of course) I´m afraid they don´t even know of the existence of our postings.

Well, all I have to say is V rámci reorganizace jsem celý svůj systém pÅ™esunul na nový disk, tj. systémovou partition pomocí drive image a data normálnÄ› zkopíroval, po spuÅ¡tÄ›ní OFP se mi hra po nÄ›kolika minutách restartovala poÄítaÄ. Rád bych vÄ›dÄ›l jestli to je chyba nebo rys.

Maybe, it's just because the amount of posts per day is only about one-hundredth then in the english forums. Additionally, I suppose there is less spam and nonsense posts, since these people can expect more response in the english forum...

And I suppose, that there are less offending posts - so they might have more satisfaction in checking them, then see complains starting with f***ing......

A little correction: relation is about 200english/1czech posts

(Edited by WhoCares at 2:20 pm on Dec. 7, 2001)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from theavonlady on 2:56 pm on Dec. 7, 2001

Well, all I have to say is V rámci reorganizace jsem celý svůj systém pÅ™esunul na nový disk, tj. systémovou partition pomocí drive image a data normálnÄ› zkopíroval, po spuÅ¡tÄ›ní OFP se mi hra po nÄ›kolika minutách restartovala poÄítaÄ. Rád bych vÄ›dÄ›l jestli to je chyba nebo rys.

<span id='postcolor'>

Never happened to me. smile.gif

Well, Czech is their first language isn't it? and to be honest, when I come here, I try (and sometimes fail miserably) to get in, check for new developments, and get out. The atmosphere here created by all the obscenity, foul-mouthed whining, bigotry and plain home-style ignorance is just too much to stomach. My compliments to BIS for not pulling the plug here long ago.

the idiots should employ english-speaking employees, a lot more can speak english than czech, plus we want more good stuff, unlike the soviet-oppressed public of czech rep/slovakia.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from RN Malboeuf on 8:11 pm on Dec. 7, 2001

Brass is getting dumber each post it seams<span id='postcolor'>

LOL Mal. Didn't think it could happen, huh? I'm surprised each day! LOL!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Brass on 1:46 am on Dec. 8, 2001

the idiots should employ english-speaking employees, a lot more can speak english than czech, plus we want more good stuff, unlike the soviet-oppressed public of czech rep/slovakia.

<span id='postcolor'>

And you wonder why they won't talk to you. Try showing some respect, or don't expect any in return.

soviet-oppressed? Dude the Soviet Union is gone! Went away over a decade ago.

Ahh this thread is quite a sad one.

I have to say just one thing.

"WHH000zzzz j00000R DaDdY!!!!!!!!!"

Hij heeft wel gelijk. Bis geeft veel meer reacties op hun eigen taal dan in het engels

Hij heeft wel gelijk. Bis geeft veel meer reacties op hun eigen taal dan in het engels

Red Eagle. Does that mean BIS prefers posts in their native language? That's what i could make out of it (i'm german) smile.gif You should try english in these forums so the majority of users can respond.

Actually i've found that many people in the Czech Republic speak really good English-- in fact many of them speak 4 or 5 different languages, unlike us ignorant Americans. I was surprised when i went there this past summer. Language I doubt is the problem, more likely just attention to this board.

Why is percentage of developers' answers higher in Czech forums? It is simple: Czech forums 5-10 posts a day, English forums - tons of posts every day of which 90% are off-topic s**t like this;)

And by the way I live in Czech republic and know no one who can speak 4 or 5 languages. People here speak only English, German, Russian, Czech (what a surprise!) Slovakian, which makes...  5 languages, d*amn!:biggrin:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from TheRealAlan on 5:14 pm on Dec. 8, 2001

Actually i've found that many people in the Czech Republic speak really good English-- in fact many of them speak 4 or 5 different languages,[...]Language I doubt is the problem, more likely just attention to this board.<span id='postcolor'>

That´s exactly what I´m complaining about. And I doubt that software developers (wherever they´re from) can´t speak english. I´m from Poland (living in Germany) and I know that speaking english is absolutely necessery to get this kind of job there (And I think it´s the same in the Czech republic ).

We are good enough to pay for their product, (in fact: to pay for more than 90% of the games sold), but not to get any attention or support in their own freaking forum.

This is a minor point, but I want to make it anyway. Codemasters is the publisher of Operation Flashpoint, and responsible for marketing and support. Yes, Bohemia Interactive Studio developed the program, but they don't ordinarily deal with the buyers of their programs.

The same is true with many other game publishers like Electronic Arts, Activision, and others. They publish and support games of small development teams who don't have the resources or desire to handle their own marketing and support.

Anyway, the developers themselves have more important things to do than to wear a tech support hat as well. I applaud them for getting involved as much as they are, how many other developers do you know who are as accessible as they are?

Sorry tlx that just Dutch. I do not no if BIS prefers posting in the their native language but i do no when i have a look in the Czech forums i see that they are very busy with replying! Mutch more then the English speaking forums.

wardog hit it exactly. why would they want to spend the time pouring thru all these posts most of which are either profanity laden complaints or arrogant know it alls who cant

make a single civil post. i'd say we are all lucky they havent either shut it down or removed access to anyone who

cant just ask a question politely or reply with the common courtesy people deserve. and as for speaking czech well if they expected us to speak it the forum would just that. the fact that a handful do doesnt mean we all would. so far i would have to say the support for this game has been far better than most american made games (yes im an american) what most people forget is the forum represents only a miniscule number of people that contact bis daily.sure they could hire a ton of people to support the game as long as you dont mind paying 3 times what it cost to buy it.

Not that I'd blame him for trying to avoid the english-speaking people, the way they are replying in this post ^_^

- PlaneShifter -

Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.