Sign in to follow this  
Frontix

Come Join OFP Community ?

Well .

If there would be a OFP League and a new dedicated website FOR OFP . WOuld u start playing ofp again ?

I Say LET US REANIMATE OFP ANJD GET BACK PLAYING CTF AND CTI LIKE WE USE TO BE !!

LET US PLAY INTILL WE FORGET ARMA !!

JOIN OFP TODAY

If you are up for it let me know i am currenty making a project that will connect all ofp players .

Join me MSN : Yoeri_bastiaen@hotmail.com

Good things about classic MP OFP? how about listening to the wind as it gushes across the plains and plateaus of Blata and Varta, or cuddling up in a tent next to your resistance co-op buddy, coz its raining and cold up here in the mountains, and we cant light a fire coz we can hear a russian tank off in the distance and we might get seen... Its wonderful how close and dependent you can become on your co-op buddy (someone from the other side of the world who you have never met) when you do one of those gruelling 3 hour long missions with just the two of you watching over each other's back... thats what gives ME enjoyment from OFP!

show the love!

Well.

What u say about a new website .

Where we can chat and download and place our new missions online ?

It's over guys! The only ones still playing OFP are those who can't afford to get a decent PC for ArmA.

I play 60 % my time now arma and rest 40 % went into ofp whit few coops mp games like CiA fdf , WGL and cti match. U doesnt need make any addvertation to get more ppl play OFP on MP there is everyday almost half of the amount playing ofp than arma so u will find the mindbrothers of urs there.

Indeed BTW I enjoy play more whit arma gameplay in PvP match so I will play armas CTF/DM over OFP one's.

It's over guys! The only ones still playing OFP are those who can't afford to get a decent PC for ArmA.

Yeah, right icon_rolleyes.gif

The only ones playing ArmA are the dumb gfx whores who can't install OFP mods which far surpass ArmA in almost any significant aspect smile_o.gif

Hello .

In response to the guy that said we can't offord a high en pc .

These are my PC specs.

Intel Core 2 DUO E6600 @ 3.0Ghz

Asus Striker Extreme Motherboard

2GB DDR 667 MEM

2x Seagate 500gb SATA RAID

PNY 8800GTS 320MB

Do i need to say more ?

I can play every game but ARMA Runs not like it should be .

I have to admit as i said months a go in Armed assault EU Forums ( ATI CARDS RUN MUCH BETTER )

Now back on topic .

My ideas are to bring back an OFP Communty .

I would organise a Tournament like the old ECL . or TNT .

Players can download all  the addons availble on our website .

But keep in mind this should not just be a LEAGUE .

Ok i have bought this resourses

Webserver 1

Space : 250Gb

BW : 1TB MONTH

DATA BASE : UNL...

MAILS : UNL ..

Webserver 2

Space : 200

BW : 1TB MONTH

GAMESERVER

1 Gameserver for OFP based in netherlands

20 Players Public

TEAMSPEAK SERVER

5 TS Server with each up to 16 slots

All public or private

I want all the players who does not like ARMA to get back playing OFP .

Maybe there are no 1000 Players anymore but we can make the best of it .

I hope sombody will understand.

The Main thing is to get all content of OFP on 1 Website . all the downloads , news or video's can be placed under one friendship .

the ones playing arma are the ones looking for a better Mp experience. smile_o.gif ofp is good but arma is 200% better in mp inlove.gif

Yeah, right icon_rolleyes.gif

The only ones playing ArmA are the dumb gfx whores who can't install OFP mods which far surpass ArmA in almost any significant aspect smile_o.gif

Lol, well said Pulverizer.

Btw: all people still playing Ofp have a look at EWE WGL server

(make sure you have all necessary addons installed)

Sorry AfrographX, but I'm not no playing ArmA because of my PC. It would work well. I play still OFP because it is the better game!!!

Quote[/b] ]It's over guys! The only ones still playing OFP are those who can't afford to get a decent PC for ArmA.

The choice is between :

A bad PC with a good game

Or

A good PC with a bad game

rofl.gif

mmmh... let me think...... mmmh

goodnight.gif

i still dont have anser .

Should u want a OFP community with ofcourse a OWN League ?

I'm not really into CTF and CTI, especially not as some sort of a serious competetive sport and I never understood the people who are so... huh.gif

Anyhow, I didn't stop playing OFP online in the first place so it wouldn't make a difference to me really.

Today i have been busy for over 3 Weeks building the website for a new OFP community website .

on my personal gaming exp i am glad my problem is solved .

I used to have crashes when playing OFP or ARMA now those are finaly gone and solved .

still OFP is better xmas_o.gif

That is a myth, and quite honestly i am offended at that - and so should the entire OFP community.

I have played ArmA and have an awesome computer (Intel Quad Core 2.4 (9.2ghz) with 2gb RAM at 800mhz with a Nvidia 8400 card, but it doesn't come near to OFP in feel.

ArmA is just a game...

OFP is a way of life. Sometimes when i cannot sleep I leave OFP on loud in the background with just the sound of a crackling fire up close, and the wind in the mountains. I sleep like a baby, as if I were really immersed in the crisp Nogovan air...

OFP is a way of life. Sometimes when i cannot sleep I leave OFP on loud in the background with just the sound of a crackling fire up close, and the wind in the mountains. I sleep like a baby, as if I were really immersed in the crisp Nogovan air...

Amen to that brother, Amen to that..... confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]It's over guys! The only ones still playing OFP are those who can't afford to get a decent PC for ArmA.

ArmA, with its numerous visual qualities and slight AI enhancements doesn't reach OFP's level in terms of gameplay experience, not only due to the huge amount of releases, but you can never get bored with the existing campaigns, they are much more immersive than ArmA's, even with QG.

I have a decent system as well, but in my humble judgement, it would be wise to stay in this community, at least, until ArmA would get a better status, but I'm afraid this will never happen.

regards,

TB

OFP is a way of life.  Sometimes when i cannot sleep I leave OFP on loud in the background with just the sound of a crackling fire up close, and the wind in the mountains.  I sleep like a baby, as if I were really immersed in the crisp Nogovan air...

wow_o.gif

I don't really know why but shit, this was so nice to read!

All things considered, only ArmA2 or OFP2 will ever have a chance of surpassing our beloved OFP1.

And I really have my doubts, to be honest...

But I got my fingers crossed anyway.

ive played CTF in ofp since March 2003, had more fun with this game than any other full stop.

ArmA is pants as far as i'm concerned.....tried it once & uninstalled it, then 8 months later I re installed it to give it another go.....its uninstalled again lol

as for ofp now, you aint going to get people back into the ofp community playing if you are always playing the same shitty desert maps over and over again...ffs its so boring. Back in the day I remember more of an assortment like St P and Drop Zone every night lol.

But seriously players seem to have lost the skills of being able to play any map on any island....from fast paced maps down the the slower paced maps. Mr All Rounder seems to have left the building crazy_o.gif (gonna have some ass facing upto me now wanting to prove their skills pistols.gif lol)

All things considered, only ArmA2 or OFP2 will ever have a chance of surpassing our beloved OFP1.

Really, ever? I'm sure someday someone will make a kick-ass wargame that'll put ArmA 7 or whatever into shame by finally introducing proper radars, thermal imaging, armor simulation and all that essential stuff not yet seen in a game that features 1st person infantry combat.

Ahhh, to think of it. The real ultimate combat sim with properly simulated jets, helos, infantry, tanks, navy, multiple layers of command... maybe eSim games or the guys making Black Shark etc will be up to the challenge in the far gaming-future.