Sign in to follow this  
I)eaI)Eye1809

Why russains have to be so ghetto?

how come the west allways is better than russia cus west has more stuff like more helicopters more cars more units more everything? could they even it out a bit? also resitance and cilvilans need more stuff biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif not trying to boss you all around liek make this blahblahblah but it would be nice to make them have a bit more stuff

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (I)eaI)Eye1809 @ Feb. 24 2002,07:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">how come the west allways is better than russia cus west has more stuff like more helicopters more cars more units more everything?<span id='postcolor'>

its called realism...

Realism?  confused.gif You are so wrong. Russians have enough real life equipment to even the units, weapons, and vehicles that are now a bit unbalanced. It's just the fact that the game sells much better if it has these famous things (USA units) in it.

Ghetto?? I don't think I've ever heard of Russians as being ghetto before.

I mean we are not talking about a bunch of ignorant crack heads in an alley of DC or New York here.

And from what I thought, the Soviets had plenty of armor and weapons in real life.

I mean I believe that was one of the reasons the Soviet Union had so many problems. They had too many weapons and not enough food and other essentials. Wasted too much of their money on weapons that they never winded up using.

Also from what I know since the Soviet govt was so inept (excuse me) at running their own country, they had to use our CIA reports to determine how much they were spending on defense, due to the fact that noone kept track in the Soviet Union. The numbers we had in our CIA reports were an extremely innacurate and conservative one. And the Soviets decided that the numbers that they got from our reports were too low for their liking and decided to spend even MORE on defence, they had no idea how much they were really spending. Eventually they wasted too much money on weapons preparing for another world war that didn't come, and had little left over to spend on other things.

Just one contributing factor to the demise of the Soviet Union.

Please correct any innacuracies in the above if you notice any.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ Feb. 24 2002,09:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Realism?  confused.gif You are so wrong. Russians have enough real life equipment to even the units, weapons, and vehicles that are now a bit unbalanced. It's just the fact that the game sells much better if it has these famous things (USA units) in it.<span id='postcolor'>

I wouldnt say that the U.S stuff in the game is more famous than any of the Russian stuff in the game.

AK47 vs M16 - which is more famous of them? And to whom?

T80 vs M1 - which is more famous? And to whom?

T72 vs M60 - which is more famous? And to whom?

BMP-1 vs. M113 - which is more famous? And to whom?

Cobra vs. Hind - which is more famous? And to whom?

The idea that it would sell better is nonsense. Fact is that the so called "cool" stuff that the NATO side has today (in the game) has been introduced afterwards. It was not in the game when it shipped.

I also think the game is unbalenced, but I think they made the Russian equipment to good. Soviet doctrine was built upon the idea of outnumbering the forces in western Europe, simply overrun them in the event of war. NATO doctrine have always been depending on having the more hitechstuff. If the game would take this into account there should be more soviet troops invading these puny islands but that wasnt possible (because of the game engine and its restrictions). Therefore sovietequipment in the game have been made better than it really is.

Show me one real life conflict where soviet/russian equipment has prevailed over its western counterparts...

lol i didnt really mean ghetto smile.gif i was just calling it that but i think the russians need a bit new stuff like west has all these new weapons but at least make new iron sites for east they need new cars and new helicopters smile.gif and some new unitss

More famous??

I think an AK and an M16 are both relatively well known and widely used weapons.

Well, at least the AK is. I don't think you can really go and say well, that person has better weapons.

I mean it's usually the person behind the gun and the training that makes the difference. Not the gun.

Now I don't exactly remember or know of any conflicts the Soviet Union has actually "fought" with the U.S. So there is little way to tell.

They did have a decent army a while ago, and decent weapons.

Why are you all complaining about such a beautiful game

Who cares if the americans or russians have better weapons? Be happy that someone made such a great game as ofp and that we aren't still waiting before such a great game would come out

so behappy with it and don't complain

ps

don't relpy on me because i'm odd

There is more Russian troops invading the island in the campaign. A lot more than American troops. You're 100% wrong.

You can't say that one armored vehicle is better than another. T80 and Abrams for exaple. Which one is better. Both are good. T80 is good for close range fights and abrams is good for long range fights. The same goes for all other vehicles. Hind is good transport chopper and gunship, apache rockets and targeting is better than Mi-24 targeting, but apache can't transport troops. apche is more lively, but Hind armor is better. And so on. smile.gif

Yes but in OFP the Hind is the best chopper, it has the best armor, it's well armed...

My 2 cents:

For arguments sake, let's pretent that OFP M1A1 is better than the T80 or the A10 is better than the SU25 or whatever.

Good missions are balanced in such a way that, whatever side you play, you've got to work hard to beat the other side.

There are tons of Russian side missions, just as there are US side missions.

There is no lack of ability to play well balanced and challenging missions in OFP, as a Russian, US NATO soldier or, as we'll soon see, a resistance fighter.

Maybe (I'm not stating this as a fact) a mission with 3 M1A1s versus 3 T80 would be to the US' advantage. But who would want to play such missions in the first place?

i agree.... but the ironsites people why not make new ironsites?! like each weapon has its own ironsite its just a drawing with no color but the gernade launcer ironsites are cool because they have color but no animation p.s. the abrams is the best tank out today (in reality) i heard cant base this on anything but russia and alot other countrys want the abrams cus it r0x0rz jo0r nu70rz cU5 jo0 sux0r 47 7h3 in74rn37 lol i just had to say that biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif oh yeah to who ever said this is a great game i agree it is the best damn game out but some improvents will be nice im just saying my opionoins no one has to listen to me i doubt they even would but people have to keep updating add more stuff or it eventually will just get boring... well i doubt it would for me tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ Feb. 24 2002,11:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But our weopons still are a bit better.<span id='postcolor'>

YOUR weapons are still betta?

I can tell you that saying "our" or "we" annoys everyone not europe/american. By this, you telling more or less that you support the western army because it are your weapons and second of all, you piss of everyone else because of the arrogance this is said with.

Those weapons belong to 'the goverment of the country you live in', not you, wether you are in the army or not.

ever hear of something called taxes flugel? im joing the military. training now for spec ops biggrin.gif when i get in the gun better damn well be MY gun or there would be some serious ass whoopin biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (I)eaI)Eye1809 @ Feb. 24 2002,12:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ever hear of something called taxes flugel? im joing the military. training now for spec ops  biggrin.gif when i get in the gun better damn well be MY gun or there would be some serious ass whoopin  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

lol nice spec ops? nice , good luck tounge.gif

so taxes heh? I'm off to the nearest Dutch airbase to claim my AH64! But I would be satisfied with a Leopard too.. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Feb. 24 2002,10:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes but in OFP the Hind is the best chopper, it has the best armor, it's well armed...<span id='postcolor'>

Not true. The best chopper in the game is Ah-64 Apache. Its targeting is the best (1 Hellfire can destroy a T80 without missing it). Mi-24 targeting is very bad. Especially at close range engaging with AT6. You can also easily destroy the Hind with front cannon without gunner. Hind is a very big chopper and apache can easily engage it because of its size. Apache is also more lively. You need more time to turn with the hind than with the apache. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Flugel @ Feb. 24 2002,12:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (I)eaI)Eye1809 @ Feb. 24 2002,12:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ever hear of something called taxes flugel? im joing the military. training now for spec ops  biggrin.gif when i get in the gun better damn well be MY gun or there would be some serious ass whoopin  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

lol nice spec ops? nice , good luck  tounge.gif

so taxes heh? I'm off to the nearest Dutch airbase to claim my AH64! But I would be satisfied with a Leopard too..  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

thanks

lol but it really isnt ares but is ares at the same time lol me ill just get an abrams smile.gif then well see if my teachers would give me any more homework biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Flugel: try soesterberg if you want a Apache smile.gif Its the main Helicopter operating base

AK47,74 are the most famous weapon and easy to own it. You can find it in Guiness book.

I live in Russia, I am Russian, I say that our tanks, helicopters, planes, weapons etc are the best.

You live in NATO, you say the same. Who is right??

But AK-47 is being used in about 80 countries(M-16 only in 15), 5 countries have Goverment Flag with AK on it.

Sorry for maybe wrong Eng.