Sign in to follow this  
popcorn

Where are the PMC/PSD addons?

Hi. I think i saw a PMC addon a couple of months ago, but now when i search i find nothing. Is there any PMC addons out there? I mean, they should be pretty popular, so somebody should probably have made a PMC addon by now...So if you guys know about any PMC/PSD addons, please post them here!

I was thinking of Private military contractors. I don't see anything related to private military contractors on that site sad_o.gif

lol... not the addon making PMC... I know what you mean.

I have been wondeirng the same thing! confused_o.gif

I want blackwater!

If its not around its because its just not out yet. I'm sure there will be more than enough PMC style units sometime in the near future.

its not totally what ur looking for but EBUD has some civilian clothed special forces units in his special forces pack that i believe were PMC forces

Okay.. It would be awesomelymazingtastic to see some Private Military Contractors in ArmA... (Blackwater, generic, or others) I've looked everywhere, guess they havnt been made yet?

This thread had a WIP but it appears to be dead and It's a lot older than this thread (Dont want any flak for bumping it)

All I am curious about here is:

1) Is anyone currently working on any PMC or PSD reskins, vehicles or units?

or

2) Can anyone point me toward any they know of? (And I have checked out Ebuds Civ Special forces, which rock, but im still going for a bit different kind of look)

EDIT: I have no clue why this was originally posted in Mods Complete...

Jackal will release some PMC style units sooner or later, if you can find the thread about his weapon pack youll also find some pics.

Also Yaciek works on some PMC or in this case more Mercenary like units.

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=142

both addons are very wanted but unknown of release

jackals units could take a while because they are part of the weapons pack

and Yacieks men well..... last report about those was around november last year and they were almost ready everybody was told after that not a word about those units so im being a small sceptic right now

but i agree we need some units like it to fight the freedom fighters by agimont

Yaciek has improved them since then, in the thread about the PKW Pilots for example you see a pic of a Merc that looks lot better than on the old shots texture and model wise.

And now lets wait for the usual "oh noes i wont pay 15bucks for some addons" smile_o.gif

I have QG before anyone asks.

Afternoon all.

Contractors.jpg

Was working on something similar for one of my projects, they're supposed to be Private Security, but could work as Contractors.

They've got 2 reskinned Coyota Trucks (Covered Back and Open back). Right now they're part of a police addon (and, as such, are waiting for me to work out how to get a L/S script and be arsed to model flashing lights), but if people pester me enough, I suppose I could make some more stuff (maybe some randomisation with the body texture and a helicopter or ammotruck).

Right now the biggest problem is that I have, literally, no clue whatsoever as to how to equip these guys. If someone in the know could give me some info on what sort of guns these guys tend to have it'll speed up progress a bit (maybe not much... but a bit).

Right now the biggest problem is that I have, literally, no clue whatsoever as to how to equip these guys. If someone in the know could give me some info on what sort of guns these guys tend to have it'll speed up progress a bit (maybe not much... but a bit).

M4, M4A1, MP5, if you use BIS default weapons

@ A page back: First off, I own Qg, but I would like some realistic more generic looking PMC's versus the cartoony one-face character mercenaries. Other than that, they are close...

Anywho, yes, you would equip these men with M4's, perhaps the HK 416, very genericy weapons, mostly US made (unless its an outside US company).

I believe these guys have the licenses in order to purchase law enforcement weapons and such.

Heres a few pics of a couple different Black water operatives:

capt_40427bc021154f42a67ba899be1b7506_us_iraq_blackwater__ny131.jpg

black-water.jpg

display_20071015blackwater.jpg

blackwater8-301x274.jpg

r184783_686601.jpg

blackwater.jpg

Yeah I agree...some of the Mercs in Queens Gambit are nice, but as far as realistic gear, they kinda leave something to be desired on a few units and yeah, have only one face.  The guy with the M1 steelpot for example... yeah... I seriously doubt you'll find few mercs using one of those unless they are just really eccentric.  Normally if you're gonna wear a helmet, you're gonna wear the best protection you (or your company) can afford which would likely be a MICH or something similar (I personally don't think the MICH is the best as far as protective cover goes).  

But Queens Gambit is highly fictional and what is being asked for is a more realistic type of mercenary in gear typically used in Iraq and Afghanistan.   Keep in mind however, that in Iraq, the vast majority of PMC "operators" are now Iraqis so if anyone is going to make these, they need Iraqi looking operators as well unless they're just doing Blackwater.  Last I heard Blackwater's operations were being phased out and other contractors and military units were taking over those duties.   Personally I want to know who the hell is flying the Mi-24 Hinds I've seen lately in video from Iraq.  Last I heard, the Iraqi Airforce and Army were not flying those, so I'm thinking maybe one of the Ukranian or Canadian Merc companies who used to operate in Sierra Leon and the DRC in Africa?   They had some damn good Hinds with the Pretorian armor upgrade (and door gunners in addition to the formidable weaponry of the Hind).  From the videos they were using standard Russian strafing practices (as American Apache and Super Cobra crews adopted after losses from hovering attacks).   But then again, thats all you can do in a Hind as they are a bit unwieldy hovering especially with a full weapons load).

Anyhoo.... I agree, that there is definitely a need for non-QG mercs that look a bit more like active PMC's in the Middle East.

This also includes specialized armored vehicles and armored SUV's that are "Trunk Monkey" equipped at least for the rear convoy vehicle.  

Jerry_Dominguez_Iraq_Trunkmonkey.jpg

Note- If you look carefully, the vehicle is armored as their is an inner layer of armor although the glass portions don't seem to be bullet proof glass so yeah not the best protection...but better then nothing. I guess thats why they get paid the big bucks. lol

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Sorry for ressurecting this thread but anybody downloaded those mercs at the first page ? unfourtenately the link is down(damned crapidshare).... can somebody please reupload it ? blessed the one who will help me, and he wil get (again, the imaginary) czechian beer (finest beer!wink_o.gifxmas_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

PMC's actually exist? I thought they were a made up entity in Metal Gear Solid 4 crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

86476724tg4.jpg

Private Military Contactors I think, yes they exist I guess tounge2.gif

Nobody have the addon at the first page ? confused_o.gif

Already got them, I want those at the first page, there is an Asian Merc and black guy with QG beard so it would be kinda useful for my mission tounge2.gif

Here's a novel idea, PM the person whom posted the images. If they don't answer, the project probably is dead.

Did you try agamoth's Freedom Fighter Mod?