Sign in to follow this  
TonyRanger

FFN MOD

I'd really like the ai tactics like cover and concealment and evading and nothing else. I was under the impression that the MP replacement would only have the ai but it seems there is more in there.

I'd really like the ai tactics like cover and concealment and evading and nothing else. I was under the impression that the MP replacement would only have the ai but it seems there is more in there.

Second that. This would help us save some fps. Tony, is there any chance you'll release a 'light' version of your great mod? I don't have intention to look demanding or something.. just a thought.

Thank you once again TonyRanger for all the efforts you've put into this greatness!

maybe I can make a dialog in next version,so you can turn something on/off as your wish like ECS.

maybe I can make a dialog in next version,so you can turn something on/off as your wish like ECS.

be great. to have. including the AI rolling ability.

looking forward!

wow. just wow. First time I played ArmA with FFN. I used ACE and FFN and it worked great. Very nice. Battles were awsome. AI is incredibly improved. Really great!

noticed a bug... when squad sights armor and it is out of engagement range(400m-m136) then they just stop... wont move or engage anything.

using only ffn mp mod smile_o.gif

To those that are using FFN and ACE.... have you noticed a reduction in FPS? I have - quite bad at times.

Have you done anything special to get them to run alongside eachother? What problems do you encounter? Do you have to turn off any overlapping features?

[TAO] Kremator

if you unpbo the tr_obj.pbo, go into \TAG\int.sqs and there you can turn off some of the stuff you dont want (airsupport, shouting and stuff). the problem to crack now is to enable GL3 artillery in ACE+FFN+GL3, where it seems to be blocked by both ACE and FFN. The other thing is, that FFN screws up the original GL3 reinforcements heli-transport (without ACE involved). Example: when you place two platoons REDFOR (one has an Mi17 in it) and one platoon of BLUFOR, you send the two platoons without chopper against each other, Mi17 group comes in as a reinforcement and usually fails to unload/unloads five meters from a fight/crashes somewhere/. the reinforcements thing works fine in ACE+FFN+GL3, but doesnt work in GL3+FFN. If anyone knows how to solve this, id be most grateful. the solution prolly lies in disabling FFN altered chopper behavior. thanks.

hey guys,

What MOD can be causing AI to disembark when being attacked. I have a crew of a Abrams jumping out when being attacked by a PKM!sad_o.gif

I'm using @ACE, @ECS @GL3 @FFN ..correct order.. Thanks

I had a weird thing when I tried the SP_replacement. When a fellow soldier was wounded, and the medic went there to help him, started to treat the wounded, but the others from my side started to coup de grace the wounded man...looked very annoying...maybe some glitch with the ACE mod?

Can't seem to find any links to the MP/SP versions of this fine mod. Currently using the FFN config version I found from armaholic.com

Check the folder you DL'd. There is SP/MP replacement files included there. Somewhere in the last part of this thread Tony explains the difference between the 2 replacement files.

Always helpful, thank you Manzilla.

And thank you Tony for the wonderful mod.

Hey guys ..... hope you can help me.

There must be a conflict somewhere between ACE and FFN because I am getting slowdown when I have both enabled.

I have gone through TR_OBJ\TAG\int.sqs and taken out the relevant bits but am still getting slowdowns in the region of 0.5 secs every 4 secs.

Can't be my machine because I have a high spec, so any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

OR does anyone have the files that I need (and can upload them somewhere) so that I can play with both these great addons ?

TIA

[TAO] Kremator

Hey guys ..... hope you can help me.

There must be a conflict somewhere between ACE and FFN because I am getting slowdown when I have both enabled.

I have gone through TR_OBJ\TAG\int.sqs and taken out the relevant bits but am still getting slowdowns in the region of 0.5 secs every 4 secs.

Can't be my machine because I have a high spec, so any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

OR does anyone have the files that I need (and can upload them somewhere) so that I can play with both these great addons ?

TIA

[TAO] Kremator

I get this occasionally when using FFN and ACE but not at all when using just ACE. It doesn't happen as frequently as you've described. I'm interested to know if anyone has any suggestions for what should be removed cause as of now I'm not sure what to look for. I too have a high spec machine and there sometimes is a noticeable slow down.

maybe ACE's guy should taking care of this.this is not only about one side

Why don't you just get in contact with them and offer to work together? Or making this modular would work.

Please feel free to create a ticket:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod/issues "New Issue"

I must admit that 2 script intensive Mods can certainly be too much, no matter what high end system you have.

However, we will try to do anything in our power to provide a smooth user-experience.

If specifics could be supplied, we might be able to find a cause.

Without appointing it as cause, I would like to highlight that excessive usage of SQS can seriously eat up performance. Maybe the added load of ACE, is possibly the drop? Or visa versa.

It would be FANTASTIC to have the AI behaviour that is in FFN to be carried into ACE.

PLEASE guys work together. You would make very many people happy.

Even telling us how we can turn off some of the conflicts would be great.

So now the BIG question .... I hope Sickboy has used FFN and TonyRanger has used ACE smile_o.gif

[TAO] Kremator

Quote[/b] ]PLEASE guys work together.
oh yeah this is the best solution,i think. thumbs-up.gif

Very nice to see there might be a little merge here. smile_o.gif

FFN sure adds to atmosphere when it comes to AI. Turning FFN off makes ArmA feel a bit - empty. Cant play without ACE though im afraid so im very happy to see this might happen.

Love to all of you. notworthy.gif

Alex

I can't install ACE acutlly,my PC is 5 years old,my harddisk is almost out of space.my ArmA disk have only 1G free space,but ACE require 2.4G.even I delete Queen's Gambit coundn't solved this problem.

in fact,ACE can just inculde my AI features,however FFN MOD is only 100MB