Sign in to follow this  
TonyRanger

FFN MOD

we are running a linux server and got some problems with the mod.

every time we want to start a mission the sever kicks everbody back to the missionsmenue and writing that tr_obj are missing.

But the two files are defentliy on the server.

any ideas.

we are running also QG, truegames mod, NWd ballistics and a cutom made mod.

I didn't realize this is strictly for MP, I'll stop giving my comments then since I only play SP. As far as the replacement only working for BIS based stuff, it seems to work very well with all units when XEH is added to the replacement file. Although I'm not completely sure since I haven't been able play it a ton.

My apologies for giving SP feedback, I'd love to help but MP isn't my forte.

I'll get out of your hair now.

Can we just let Tony decide on how HE wants to make his mod ? Yes we can give suggestions but it sounds like some people should 'put up or shut up'. If you don't like how Tony has made it MAKE YOUR OWN !

I, for one, am FIRMLY in the Tony fan club! The AI enhancments are nothing short of brilliant and have ALREADY brought the game to a new level. If I make a suggestion, it is just THAT - a suggestion - and he doesn't have to follow it.

I'll say it again for the hard of thinking ..... if you don't like it don't use it.

GO TONY !!

[TAO] Kremator

every time we want to start a mission the sever kicks everbody back to the missionsmenue and writing that tr_obj are missing.

Your clients are missing TR_OBJ. Just put the @FFN mod into your path and you will be fine.

I know that I am making FFN MOD a requirement for people playing my missions (and for that you need server AND client running it)

[TAO] Kremator

Can we just let Tony decide on how HE wants to make his mod ?  Yes we can give suggestions but it sounds like some people should 'put up or shut up'.  If you don't like how Tony has made it MAKE YOUR OWN  !

I, for one, am FIRMLY in the Tony fan club!  The AI enhancments are nothing short of brilliant and have ALREADY brought the game to a new level.  If I make a suggestion, it is just THAT - a suggestion - and he doesn't have to follow it.

I'll say it again for the hard of thinking ..... if you don't like it don't use it.

GO TONY !!

[TAO] Kremator

I honestly haven't find any "whine" comments on here in general  icon_rolleyes.gif

Most of these comments are appreciating Tony's work and giving him minor feedback/suggestions.  whistle.gif

Calm down everyone,The campagin is for SP and the CTC is for MP,we just need test and time to made them.

there maybe another reason. you mission TR_OBJ in the mission.sqm

it should be like this ,for example

version=11;

class Mission

{

addOns[]=

{

"tr_obj",

"sara",

"caweapons",

"camisc",

"CAWheeled",

"cacharacters",

"CAWater",

"cabuildings",

"CATracked"

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"tr_obj",

"cacharacters",

"CAWater",

"CAWheeled",

"CATracked",

"caweapons",

"camisc",

"cabuildings",

"sara"

};

Looking forward to your campaign, I hope it'll be as top notch as this.

Was unable to place or order soldiers to place satchel charges using ffn. Player just starts the animation with no result confused_o.gif

Can we just let Tony decide on how HE wants to make his mod ?  Yes we can give suggestions but it sounds like some people should 'put up or shut up'.  If you don't like how Tony has made it MAKE YOUR OWN  !

I, for one, am FIRMLY in the Tony fan club!  The AI enhancments are nothing short of brilliant and have ALREADY brought the game to a new level.  If I make a suggestion, it is just THAT - a suggestion - and he doesn't have to follow it.

GO TONY !!

[TAO] Kremator

I honestly haven't find any "whine" comments on here in general  icon_rolleyes.gif

Most of these comments are appreciating Tony's work and giving him minor feedback/suggestions.  whistle.gif

I haven't either for the most part but if that was meant for me I apologize if it came off that way. I was just trying to provide feedback for realize, which I've never done up until this Mod. I figured if he wants to make this realistic I can provide practical insight from my personal experience. Which I've never really even considered doing in the past either since it's really not something people need to hear about imho. But due to the excitement this Mod has instilled in me I figured it was time, to a point.

I wouldn't demand anything though cause it's not my blood, sweat, tears and time that went into all this work. And that's not my style to demand and expect anything. I was raised to "get mine", so to speak, if I want/need something.

I can always tweak it for my own use. I just need a little insight on where to look. Configs ain't really a strong point of mine. But when he asked for help with MP, there's nothing I can do to help in constructive way. Thus I'll let him get the MP issues complete before I inquire about anymore stuff pertaining to my SP play.

So I apologize to TR and all if it sounded like I was bitching or not grateful for his work. I tried to make that clear in every post though. This thing is fantastic so I wouldn't want to bite the hand that feeds us. wink_o.gif

I just wanted to make that clear.

my only gripe is that i really hoped that the sf units were better than the normal infantry

like make the shooting more accurate and recover faster when stopping suddenly and shooting

sure,SF is more accurate,you can find this out,normal soldier's marksmanship is depend on there skill and rank,but for SF,any SF is  accurate.

SF is recover faster 4 times than normal soldier,I mean advance with cover to cover.

it's not SLX compatible because both of us make many animation change,the only result if we compatible is "crsuh"

the same reason to another self-eventhandlered MOD different ammo name,different animation name make cause many problem especaily when you using some also-config-changed adddons

so,if my replacement not work,please see the readme,I write down the scripts list to launch most features

hey tony how would i disable this weapon sway in the config

in the replacement pack? which init line do i erase??? i just wanna take it off from the sf and snipers

cheers

Hey Tony how ya doing!  Awesme work on this mod!

I just tried it with my mod (Lost Brothers) to see if everything worked and aside from the bugs mentioned, all of the animations and advanced AI stuff seems to be working very nicely.  It blew me away to see the suppressive fire actually working!!!  Rather then battles lasting only a few minutues, now large battles last a long time with the tide of the battle shifting as both sides move, fire, and then take cover until eventually either one side outflanks the other or a few brave soldiers charge forward and grenade/shoot enough enemy soldiers to break a stalemate.   It was amaazing to see one of my IDF soldiers do this against Hezbollah soldiers in a heavy battle... as the enemy fire focused on this one soldier.... suddenlly the other IDF soldiers behind him got up and ran forward following him as he had disrupted the enemy suppressive fire giving them a chance to move forward.

This one soldier basically turned the tide of the battle.

So things like that are really amazing.  I'm looking forward to studying your mod some more to see if I can get the other options working with my mod as so far it is amazing.

Really the only animation I don't like is the low walk where you are in the kneeling position and slowly walk in a low position.  In real life, it is extremely difficult to walk and aim a rifle like that and I've never seen soldiers do that. It just looks a bit wierd in the game.  But really that is just a minor issue and not a big deal as the rest of the great animations make up for that. So it doesn't bother me if that animation stays.  At any rate, if I find anymore bugs not already mentioned I'll let you know.  But so far what you have done is simply outstanding and really brings the game to life.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Tony,

I think I have found an error.

When I start my MP mission (with TR_OBJ fully enabled in mission.sqm) I get

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.smokeshellgreem'.

Now I'm sure it is meant to say GREEN not greem.

Battles are just brilliant and nothing beats bring a squad of troops into battle and watching the enemy from a UAV circling above.

[TAO] Kremator

PS @Manzilla I wasn't getting at you personally mate.

Oh my god, when I see those AI using hand signals and more and more... I wish I could use it without laggs... notworthy.gif

I wanted to have a look inside the replacement pbo, but I could not open it with pboview v.077.

Is a newer version required?

Thanks

A.

Is it possible to eventually do like on SLX and have the ability to safety your weapon crouched as well, instead of only when standing?

By the way, FFN is my new favorite mod to run. The AI is just nuts now. Really feels like a battle now. Thank you very much for all the hard work and effort you have put into your mod, man. Bravo! notworthy.gif

The AI is simply amazing, battles that would only last a minute in vanilla Arma can now last much much longer. I just came out of a 15 minute battle with only three squads involved! You do not know how surprised I was when my AI squad leader called in a helicopter to pick up a prisoner, when the helicopter arrived all the AI squad members ran up to it and rearmed at the ammo box the chopper dropped, I was simply amazed.

Can you please share if you want to convert all scripts to sqf.

This should give you some performance boost by itself and is the

base to be able to optimize the scripts significantly.

Also are you interested in ideas how to improve the mod structure?

Right now the all in one and inheritance is a big mess.

Keep up!

smokeshellgreem?hmm maybe a typping error,I'll check it out.

yes,I know sqf script is faster,so there are 20 or 30 sqf scripts inside ~but there are also 342 sqs scripts inside too.convert all these scripts to sqf?And it is even sqs.some of them like support chopper one is longer then 250 lines.my god,I'v even never through about it.

guys.not I don't want to convert them,it is the time,I'm afraid if I do so,I'll never have time to finish my campagin or anything else before ArmA2 comes out.hmm.what a bad habit I got,yes,I should use more sqf script since I learn to write the script back to OFP 5 years ago.Unfortunately I've never imaged what I would done today that time.And my teacher who teach me the script was likely to use sqs script.

I apologize for this if your feel it too laggy in your PC.

Ranger learning to utilize SQF isn't such a big step that you may think, I'm sure plenty of people would like to help you with a project like that smile_o.gif

it's easy to turn small sqs script to sqf one,but to some large sqs script,it should be hard to convert.

anyone still on the test,I only have one PC and it's 5 years old,I can handle the test of SP part but to the MP I have to count on all you guys

Tony,

I'm using the mod CONSTANTLY in my MP missions. I have had no real problems so far. There is NO lag that I can see and the AI enhancements are amazing.

[TAO] Kremator

PS if you want to play my mission PM me. I have about 5 guys that play it constantly.

You are right. It is not simple task. Yet why not get the

community involved and people interested in your project.

You just select scripts you think are important to convert and

let people loose on them.

Converting scripts is actually quite fun, as it involves some brain

work - the testing and fixing is the hard part. wink_o.gif

Tony,

Typo with artillery....

CROSSROADS: ATRILLERY SUPPORT AVAILABLE

Should be

CROSSROADS: ARTILLERY SUPPORT AVAILABLE

[TAO] Kremator

I just noticed something odd. I'm not sure if this has been addressed or not (if so, please forgive my ignorance), but I noticed tracers are removed (XAM and 6thSense). Vanilla tracers seem to work but when it comes to addons it just isn't having it, at least on rifles as well as M249 and M240. I reinstalled both 6thSense and this and tried both individually and then together and sure enough it narrowed down to this being run. sad_o.gif