Sign in to follow this  
TonyRanger

FFN MOD

FFN Means Fight For Nogova,it's a story about several mercenaries who come form Nogova. They earn money in order to rebuild Nogova (something big happened to Nogova in 2002, but it's another story). this mod features new effects, scripts, AI enhancements and game features added to demo missions. This version contains 3 demo missions showing AI combat ability in woods, CQB, and Mercenary game mode. I would like someone help to make new animations, models, to continue improving ArmA with new features!

ffnmod1s.jpg

ffnmod2s.jpg

ffnmod3s.jpg

ffnmod4s.jpg

ffnmod5s.jpg

ffnmod6s.jpg

Download Here!!!

Here's a short list of new stuff, read the readme for more information!

Added:

- More realistic AI engage range

- Dodge from danger

- Single use M136 launcher

- Smoke shell screen

- MachineGunner uses suppressing fire tactic

- Suppressing fire effect on AI and player

- New wound system, bleeding and unconsciousness

- Engineers can repair vehicles (if they have tools), deactivate mines and reuse them, build sandbags

- Spec Op can use flash, and tear gaz grenades with effects on player and AI

- New CQB AI

- Officer can call artillery and create foxholes

- New artillery system

- Morale system

- Specialized units are skilled only in their duty

Missions:

The Mercenary Mode is more like multi-player campagin as a Role-Play-Game,there will be many RPG features in this mode,and also realisc style combat missions,join a mercenary group and select your mission,the test Mission 3 will show a part of it.

The Tactical Mode will bring more battlefiled feeling to ArmA,it's Player VS Player mode,both side will start with one Company's force,inculed 1 Company leader and 9 Squad leader,unlike CTI mode,no resource,but you need to capture checkpoint for bring reinforcement and hold some important point to bring advantage.I'll release it in later Version

CREDITS

-------

- Missions and Configs by TonyRanger

- This package contains

- Shopping system from ArmA:Queen's Gambit

- USMC Markers made by Phaeden

- SAM model from KP CTI addon

- Scorpion from SLA_Weapon addon

- one texture from DCM_addon

- UZI,Fal,G3,M60 from Ska_RACS addon

- M500 shotgun from OFP(Don't know who made it now)

Thanks to them all.

SUPPORT

-------

Please direct technical questions to me,if you can speak Chinese visit our bbs too,

TonyRanger85@hotmail.com

http://bbs.samren.cn/

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=111

I have one question. I am using the 31st MEU Marines and I would like to know do all of the neat added features in your MOD apply to all men, or do you have to use the FFN men to get the new features?.

once you downloaded the pack you would find a script command list for how to enable most features,please check it first.

for now all features only work on FFN men themselves because I don't want to replace the default BIS features.

but you can easily add them to your MOD by a single script,I can send you if you need or you could see the config yourself.

Hope you like this MOD smile_o.gif

I had to remove your MOD because ArmA kept on crashing. You might want to check on this. Also, when I would place the FFN Officer on map, he would end up in the water. I like where you are going with this, if it is possible to enable other soldier classes with the added features that would be great.

I may need help at new addon making,would anybody willing to join my work?

MeatballUSMC0311,kept on crash?this is impossible,are you using ArmA 1.08?it's worked fine here even in ArmA:Gueen's Gamebit.

are you using some unit which not playable allowed.

the Officer in TR - NPC is just for mission edtior,because they are for cheat or mission test(they can't be killed),so if you select them,you'll be forced killed.and the Officer(HQ) is for enable HQ feature also not allowed player to use.please don't use them.

CanadianTerror,the "Dreamy Dragon" is a NPC(None Player Character for RPG mode) unit or for mission test(because he carried all Air Drop Marker as default),in the campagin story "Dreamy Dragon" is a code of one mercenary officers who named"Meng Long Zhang" this is a Chinese named of one of my firend in real world and this Chinese name just means "Zhang the Dreamy Dragon"

Raptor,this MOD not requred any another 3rd addons,and it need ArmA 1.08 only,it works well in ArmA:Gueen's Gamebit.and can be used normaly with many other MODs together

diversant92,I may need new Mercenary model and animations,can you help?

Fromz,would you like to coopirate?afterall there are too few good addons designers in China

I dont think it was your mod Tony, I figured out what was the problem. It seems my graphics card needed to have an updated driver installed that I did not know about. But to be honest with you, like I mentioned before. I like using the 31st MEU Marines, and if I cant implement your addon to them I wont use it until you make it for all different class men.

I did some of he missions included, very nice indeed. Are there any MP missions in the making?

to mazza:sure,the Mercenary Mode and Tactical Mode all base on MP games,that's why we need a public test for avoid bugs,then I will start make more missions.

to MeatballUSMC0311:don't worry mate,a FFN MOD replacement is already in progress it will contain all FFN MOD features and even more.

I am wondering why they are change my mercenaries in this look, i dont realy like it, also i can't remember that anyone notes me about it? also i cant see me in credits? use the addon ok but dont change my textur please this drives me crazy. u can remove the id card or what ever.. but this?

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&id=43

http://97626.homepagemodules.de/t12f21-ADDON-UNITS.html

PutiNix77,I've write you in credits,you can see the words"one texture from DCM_addon",I'm sorry I've writen it as DMC at first,but it's just a typing error and I've already fix the text,calm down mate,please don't misunderstand me,I'm not change your mercenaries,I don't and won't change your mercenaries,becuase,I even don't have Oxygen2.I just use one of your texture,a paa file,and then replace the BIS model with it(using WinHex to change BIS model's texture folder and link).so in fact we should say "I've changed BIS soldiers".

hi Tony , i've been testing your mod and i have to say it's quite impressive , i'm still discovering it but i like what i see so far smile_o.gif .

the new animations , specially the lateral step one gives a whole new feeling to the battles, i didn't felt so immersion since SLX mod for OFP.

a suggestion though ,I think that to assign different weaponslots to the soldiers is an unnecessary and unrealistic limitation, i can't see why a machinnegunner can't take a rpg or any other weapon in the battlefield if he needs it. keep on testing smile_o.gif

for soldiers there are 3 conditions.My idea is:

normal soldier can't carry RPG because small backpack.

machine gunner can carry RPG because big backpack.

and Sniper/Medic/ only have 6 slot for keep balance.

because this MOD is for new MP Mode(tactical mode or mercenary mode),balance is very important.

beside,I have a another plan,every type of soldier only good at some type of weapon for example"USMC soldier only good at M4 rilfes ,if he using Ak74,he would become High Dispersion"

this is also a way to keep balance.

mate,fact I still don't know which way is better,afterall this is just a beta test,I need advices and help

Looks like a great mod biggrin_o.gif

Downloading right now. Im gonna to test in in CQC in urban area - maybe at Corazol or Paraiso. Other mate have downloaded it already and says that FFN mod owns smile_o.gif Need to check by myself.

i just had one of the best experiences since i brought Arma with this mod. I was playing a self made mission lying prone trying to kill a SLA officer at about 150 meters when he began to roll left and right when i shot him . Man i wish i had record it ,he seemed a real person, it was like a movie ! inlove.gif

the shaking aim system depending if you are standing or prone at first is a little fustrating , but with the time you get to like it , very challenging pistols.gif

This is a great mod i think, it has nice animations a bunch of cools other things/idea's, but theres one thing that is a bit tricky to me, its the *Takes 10 shots to kill someone*. Its hard enough on arma to try to shoot a running person but now u got a faster running person and takes 10 shots to kill that person. My opinion is that you should lower it to at least 4 depending on were the person is shot at. For example 3 shots in the leg or so and one shot in the chest because making it take 10 shots to die just makes the game more unrealistic, anyways with everything else great job, keep up the good work!

hi , i've made a replacement config that replaces the default units with the FFN effetcs , it's completely custom and i've made it for my personal use, but maybe anyone else want to give it a try smile_o.gif is compatible with any other replacement config you want (skaven racs, RHS , Cameron's ACU soldiers , etc )

http://rapidshare.com/files/62622310/FNN_REPLACEMENT.rar.html

beside,I have a another plan,every type of soldier only good at some type of weapon for example"USMC soldier only good at M4 rilfes ,if he using Ak74,he would become High Dispersion"

this is also a way to keep balance.

although your idea is fine its rather far from the true aspect of military units from around the world ,being exmilitary myself i know from personal experience that units do training in weapons familiarisation not only in the weapons of choice (ie thier current standing equipment and the weapons of their country) but also in opfor weapons familiarisation including how to clear stopages and look after the weapons if needed to do so in the feild so the idea that a trooper wouldnt have the ability to use an oposing forces weapon as efectively is ludicrous....not trying to shoot you down in flames just stating a fact that no army in its right mind sends its troops to battle without knowing how to handle opfor weapons

This is a great mod i think, it has nice animations a bunch of cools other things/idea's, but theres one thing that is a bit tricky to me, its the *Takes 10 shots to kill someone*. Its hard enough on arma to try to shoot a running person but now u got a faster running person and takes 10 shots to kill that person. My opinion is that you should lower it to at least 4 depending on were the person is shot at. For example 3 shots in the leg or so and one shot in the chest because making it take 10 shots to die just makes the game more unrealistic, anyways with everything else great job, keep up the good work!

that's not true , i've killed people with two and even with one shot, you just have to know where to aim wink_o.gif

i found one bug : sound "heartbeat" not found

It's not bug william1,sound "heartbeat" not found just because you use another MOD which inculded sound define,such as CEX command engine MOD and maybe more.

If you want may your own replacement,you may need see the scrpit list in the readme to enable some features,If you have already watched my default config,you'll find some feature are not enable at game start.for example,add a weapon named "TR_backpack" to officer may enable the foxhole build ability to him,and as default only Spec Op have CQB ability etc.

please place a MASH(USMC) witch under TR - support if your are USMC side,you will see after battle the medic will take wound soldier back to MASH(normaly he won't do it during battle)

to crazy63:it's already " 3 shots in the leg or so and one shot in the chest " but if Soldier go prone,he can take more dammage from leg,but still one shot in the chest,beside he may bleeding during this progress

to ONI.au:so maybe a soldier only not good at few weapons now